Notices

Class Of January 2012 Part 9

Old 01-19-2013, 11:00 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  
God's work in progress

Hey Sweet Family! Haven't felt a lot like posting this week...dunno, lazy fingers I guess.

Sending healing prayers for job creation. It's really tough out there now, no reflection on anyone's skills or qualifications, but it stinks nevertheless. Chins up and keep pluggin' all!

Happy Anniversary Nel !!! Hope you guys enjoyed your dinner

I'm with you on prepping for taxes Kat. We will be receiving a big 1099 for the heloc forgiveness. Hoping we can work something out to pay the taxes back over time.

I feel your pain PCL, regarding your hubby. Mine doesn't drink, but is definitely not in the same place as me with peace and serenity, lol. He spends a lot of time complaining and being negative, talking down to the kids, etc etc. I am working on separating myself from the drama and hoping that, in time, my example will wear off on the rest of the family. It's also hard because he is home f/t on permanent disability and I am holding down the financial fort, so to speak. Wish I could work fewer hours and have more of a work/home balance. Amazing how the grass is always greener on the other side! He would actually love to be back working. Sigh...

On that note, back to my cleaning and laundry as it's back to work tomorrow...
Have a great weekend my friends!
xo
Old 01-19-2013, 01:55 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Hang in there PCL ****{hugs to my January sista}}..I know mine said something about going to the liquor store, I'm like really....Ohh Helllll noooo you don't.....he didn't...Doing good I'm hoping I can come on here soon and say I got 30 days after 5 1/2 long frustrating months......Faceit I noticed you mentioned 1099 are you a independent optician?.....When I worked for this last company I was independent and the taxes were more then if I was a employee with a company, it was crazy cause I had no idea I would be paying alot more when I took the job...lesson learned... but I challenged it with the IRS I had to fill out some major forms but it was worth it, I had to pay like 23% versus like 36% something like that...Love & Peace Nell.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:55 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

FaceIt, you are so right. Aside from my husband, I noticed my mom acts like a dry drunk tho she doesn't drink a drop. Ever.
I guess we're all human deep down with the same God shaped hole that only He can fill.

Good luck with your taxes, bleh.
Thanks for the kind words everyone
Old 01-20-2013, 06:59 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Good morning, family! Beautiful day here in Wichita. Going to go have coffee with a friend then clean mi casa and do mi laundry - LOL. First week on the job wore my butt out however, things went really well. Being sober, I actually have gotten my sense of humor back as well as my ability to enjoy the moment and make the best of things. God is good - to all of us. We are blessed! Love you all, T
Old 01-21-2013, 03:50 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Hey class!

A quick shout here from the north :-) PCL, Billy, feel your pain, job hunt is still on here. Not that there are not any jobs to be had, I could go for lots of things if not my ego was in the way but it feels like such a huge step down to go for something I was doing as a teenager before my education and work experiences, on the other hand, there is no pride in letting the ego control ones life.....hmmm....if only I could find out what I really want! Once that is clear there is no end to the energy I will put into things! I pray on it every day, there is a plan and all is as it should be according to my higher power I guess.

On the bright side I am still loving life, my puppy brings me tremendous pleasure and we are doing lots of fun stuff and I am getting to know new people who share my interest. Family life and friends are good and I am not broke and live in the most wonderful place so there is really not to much to complain about, I am happy although I could be even more happy with a purpose in life :-)

Sober life is fab by the way! This month is our family month to celebrate, my brother had 9 years the other day, I am up to my first year on the 23rd and my mother reaches 9 months on the 24th :-) A lot of cakes and family dinners and thanks to our higher power is in order this month...

Lots of love class, L
Old 01-21-2013, 04:27 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Morning all from freezing snowy London

Another sober week begins, nothing really to report apart from the cravings drink thoughts are very minimal past couple of weeks, but one must always be on guard.

Sleep is just so good now, I feel amazing on just 4/5 hours good sleep where as in My past I could sleep on and off all night in a drunken haze and feel wrecked still next day and day after. Thing is now if I have a couple of bad nights sleep I do not panic, because I know it will come when it wants to. AlcoHELL made me so anxious and fraught, truly miserable.

Have a great week all.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:45 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Limbo - what a fantastic read your post is! Hooray for all the success in your life and the lives of your blood family, though I think I can speak for your January 2012 family and say how we are all wildly proud of you. Onward and upward, dollie!

DD - not a fan of snow or ice or cold, period. Stay warm and have a wonderful week. Watched a food network show last night where Bobby Flay went to three different couple's homes to critique dinners prepared by them. At one place, there were two bottles of wine on the table. One red, one white. At the end of the dinner service which was for 8, there was still half (and a good half at that - not a fudging kinda half like I used to call half!!) of the white wine still in the bottle. I kept looking at it in all its hi def glory and thinking how I would have poured it all into my glass and why was there ANY left over. Just goes to show that diligence is needed everyday. This is not difficult, I don't have any desire to go out and drink, but to say I don't think about a glass every now and then would be a lie. So, it will be one more quick cup of coffee, a shower and then head to work - another morning of no hang over for me. How did I function in a hungover, sick, funk day after day for so long? So glad those days....(years) are behind me and I am walking away a winner rather than a wino! Love you all, T
Old 01-21-2013, 06:43 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Good morning all, not much going on its so cold here in IL.!!! Good post to read this morning in class....Well I'm still doing good, just thougt I would pop in to say hello:ghug3...I changed my avatar to my baby dawg, Love him soo much, I have had him for a year and 4 months, I can not believe all the joy he brings me...Peace & Love...take care.. ♥Nell.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:34 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Limbo, super congrats to you & your family. And fur babies sure bring us joy!!
I'm glad you are happy.

NBC & DD, vigilant we must be indeed. I had a dream the other night I drank "normally".
I'm ashamed to admit, on my anniversary, I thought of celebrating w/a drink.
I'm like ....REALLY? I dismissed the thought instantly, like I always do, but it's like when do the thoughts stop popping in my head?
Enough already, I said I'm done & I bloody mean it.
The beast really has a thick head.

Nel, your puppy is the epitome of cuteness!

Seanie, how's AA going?

I'm doing better, making myself slow down. It is sooo hard to take time for me. I need a routine so badly. Since I lost my job I stopped exercising. I have like 30 books on my Kindle to read. I keep saying next week, once I get xyz done. Well, XYZ just keeps repeating.
I keep trying to analyze my life & figure out what it all means, I make myself crazy. I need to find balance & KEEP it. I get outta sync so easily.

Ok enough rambling. Hope you all have an amazing week filled with love & peace
Old 01-21-2013, 06:54 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Hi Class, Thanks for all your great posts. NBC, I love your saying, "Walking away a winner and not a wino." When I start feeling wistful and sorry for myself because I can't have a glass (of course a glass would be just the start) of wine, I'll repeat that over and over. I had a relaxing 3 day weekend and it's going to be a single digit week, brrr. I actually like winter but not this extreme cold. Stay warm class and have a week!
Old 01-23-2013, 03:27 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, all good here in the emerald isle.

AA going great PCL, I'm really getting into it. 3-4 meetings per week nd a BB study 1 day a week.
Totally accepting step1 was good for me, because I don't feel the pressure of fighting it no more, I just gave in and said ok booze you beat me, I could not control you.
So now I'm ready to let God remove it totally from my life, got a mountain of work to get through but I know it will be worth it.

Well done everyone on the year sober, its 1 hell of achievement ye all have done.

Enjoy the big party Limbo.

Great going Nell, we'll beat this sucker this time
Old 01-23-2013, 06:55 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Thanks Sean and all!

Just got back from a wonderful lunch in a posh place where the family celebrated my first lifeday as I call it and feel so blessed and loved at this moment. 1 year today, a fab year, yet a difficult year and I cant keep thinking that now it is time to start living in the now and the future and leave the past behind me.

In AA I was thought by people wiser then me that the first year is difficult, we work the steps, sort ourselves out and that is both painful and yet oh so worth it. Today I feel kind of sorted, like I should now focus on living in the new me rather then trying to become the new me, the me today is an nice person and there is always space to become better but I can just live for a while and leave the struggle behind me. Perhaps it sounds weird but I have been waiting for this day to come to do just that.

My dear class, thank you for being my friends and sharing this journey, wherever we are at in this process it sure is a long long long way from where we were while still drinking.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!!

Love, L
Old 01-23-2013, 05:39 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  
God's work in progress

Big Congrats on your One Year, Limbo !!!!!
Awesome job, well done!
Here's to living in the Now, and forever onward and upward!!!

Kudos to you too, Seanie. Glad you're "getting it" this time around. I have every confidence that this will be your year!!

Love to all xo
Old 01-23-2013, 06:44 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

:day1
LIMBO
:day6
Happy One Year!

You are so right, we only have this moment so lets be happy where we are, on the way to where we're going

Seanie, AWESOME JOB! I agree with FaceIt, this is your year! I'm so happy for you.

I tried to join the 1 yr & overs & it is so busy & so many people to keep up with.
I think I'll just lurk over there occasionally but my home is here with you all, my family.
I'm loyal like that :ghug3
Old 01-23-2013, 08:17 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Big love to Limbo for not only being an amazing chica, but for your best birthday yet! So proud of you. I just don't have the vocabulary to express my admiration for you and your accomplishments. Rock it in the here and now - you have arrived!!
Old 01-23-2013, 08:20 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Seanie - you are so awesome. Keep at it, doll - you are doing it!!

PCL - I'm with you....an occassional visit is fine, but, it is true - there is no place like home!!
Old 01-24-2013, 07:26 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

:day1 Limbo!!! Happy Soberlicious birthday girlie!! You did it!! So happy for you!!! .....I agree with you nbc & pcl this is home to me, the Jan. 2013 class is so hard to keep up with too, that I just check in once in awhile, but I feel best in my home room 2012 ...I have been doing great, not even once thought about drinking this month! ...Well class love you all!! Nell♥
Old 01-24-2013, 01:56 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Nell, keep up the good work!
Do you have a plan when the hubby does go to the liquor store & comes home with something?
Wishful thinking got me zero. You have to do something to protect YOUR sobriety. I REALLY want to see you succeed. You can do this. Love & hugs !!
Old 01-24-2013, 05:32 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Congratulations to you Limbo!!! It feels pretty great, doesn't it? I love your post and I feel exactly the same way, like I'm living as the real me, the woman I've always imagined I could be.
Nel & seannie, don't give up, it's worth the effort.
Love to you all, my SR family, you are all very important to me and I say prayers for you all the time. **{hugs}}
Old 01-25-2013, 02:11 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Well done Limbo ! Good work seanie !

Have a nice weekend my fellow jan12 gang

Operation y2 in full swing now , we must we climbing , far too dangerous to go back down.