Notices

Class Of January 2012 Part 9

Old 01-06-2013, 05:15 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Aw, Seanie, absolutely you can use my quote. I'm so happy you have a good relationship with Jesus!! I would not be where I am without Him.
I am so proud of you on going to a meeting! I know how scary it must be, but it will help you.
I am proud of you & Nel for not giving up. We are all in this fight together. And the battle will not end until we meet our maker.

Prayers for you both to find the serenity you soo deserve.

Love to all! :ghug3
Old 01-06-2013, 05:32 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

End of the weekend is here and it's great to read updates from Seanie and Nel. You two will be such a help to the new January 2013 class. Glad you are both walking the walk (well, Nel, perhaps hobbling? Sorry your leg is giving you problems!) and working on silencing the beast. I know you both can and will succeed!

Not much to report - ready to get on with things - boredom is rampant but I am not complaining. Love to all, T
Old 01-07-2013, 10:56 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Just 7 days before PCL and my one year, I got an amazing, fabulous offer of employment (with benefits) and the most wonderful feeling of excitement and serenity. This would not, would not, would not have happened if I was still a drunk. I would still be a drunk if not for my SR family. That is an absolute given. My biological family is now mine again, and in the process I have regained my self respect and internal peace and happiness. Please know, Dee; PCL; FIAFI; Kat; Limbo; Nel; Billy; DD; Seanie - this journey we are on, though it has its ups and downs and slippery patches, is life saving and so worth the effort. Easy? Not even a little bit. Scary? Absolutely. Freeing? In more ways than I would have though possible. Thank you, dear friends. I am indebted and ready to continue and also ready to kick some culinary ass! Hey, you guys didn't think I could get through a whole message without a little levity, did ya?? Hugs, kisses, and immeasureable love to each of you!! Chef Tammi - blonde, left handed, and sober!!
Old 01-07-2013, 11:08 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Congrats Tammi! I know they will so love your culinary skills. Cook their socks off
Old 01-07-2013, 11:15 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

You know I will, sweetie. Pinch me - I can but can't believe this is happening. So happy I could burst!! :ghug3
Old 01-07-2013, 01:54 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Congrats on the job Tammi, you have earned it,
well done pet
Old 01-07-2013, 02:02 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations again Tammi

D
Old 01-07-2013, 02:30 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Congratulations sweetpea Tammi, on all the awesome things that have come your way, you most diffentlly deserve it girlie!! So happy for you!♥...Doing the happy dance for you and all my awesome mates8...Love to you all♥
Old 01-07-2013, 04:39 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Congratulations NBC, wow, that is the best news!! You deserve it all.
Thanks so much for the great post, I totally agree and you said it beautifully.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:59 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
God's work in progress

God bless you Tammi ! You have an incredible spirit, and deserve it all. Congrats on the new position !!!!!!!! Non-Chef Kimmie - also blonde, left-handed and sober!!! (couldn't resist, lol)
Old 01-08-2013, 03:13 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

NBC, you rock !
Old 01-08-2013, 03:34 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by newleaves2012 View Post
I will do that purplecatlover! maybe I will drop in the january2013 thread and offer some encouragement. it's good to "see" you and I hope you're doing well also.
Yes, please drop in on our group, newleaves! It's such early days and we're all struggling in different ways. Words of encouragement and your own story about gaining freedom would be great!
Old 01-08-2013, 04:14 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Hey class! Such amazing accomplishments and congrats in order all around :-) Big big congrats Tammi on not just your new job but new life, to all the one year celebrations...I feel I should keep track of all the dates but they are not my strong side so just a mega-congrats to you all who have reached it. I yearn for mine so I know what a big deal it is, 14 more days to go until mine :-)

What a difference a year makes ha!

Lovely lovely lovely to read the happy posts and what a blessing to be a part of this jan 2012 family!

Love L
Old 01-08-2013, 11:47 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
So it goes

Just to say incase you havent spotted the techy thread, there is an SR app for Android and whatever the other type of phone is, I am just going to download it and play with it
Old 01-08-2013, 02:52 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

thanks for that bit of info Billy.

Another meeting tonite, really good, I'm starting to get it.
I never gave it a chance b4, mayb God was just letting me burn out my time b4 it was rite for me to accept it that I'm an alcoholic
Old 01-08-2013, 04:10 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
God's work in progress

Good for you Seanie! I really feel that Step 1 is what it's all about. Nothing was ever going to change for me until I really honestly knew in my heart that I was an alcohol. Once I realized that, there was no turning back.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:11 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
God's work in progress

*alcoholic
Old 01-08-2013, 04:13 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Been doing good on staying sober but I thought this time I would try to quit smoking. I am going crazy the last few days!! I have even dreamt about it and I wasn't that heavy of a smoker...crazy..The first 5 days was great the last 3 just gnawing at me......I want a happy healthy free of addiction/alcohol life ....Peace & Love Nell.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:20 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

For Brits search out a programme on the bbc iplayer the truth about magaluf . AlcoHELL truly shocking and sad.

Day 362
Old 01-08-2013, 07:22 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Talking

DD, it's almost here! How stoked are you?

NBC, I'm so happy your world is falling into place

Seanie, keep up the good work man, you are doing awesome.

Nel, you are doing great. Maybe try to tackle one thing at a time, if it jeopardizes your sobriety. I had to decide that sobriety was my most important goal & I didn't want to compromise it, by being over stressed from nicotine withdrawal too. Your body's going through a lot. I couldn't do it, I had to wait but I did 4 months later.
Hang in there, you can do this.

Limbo, I think we all stopped by the Jan 2013 class to offer encouragement. I know I will try to drop in occasionally. To keep offering support.

Billy, how's the dating scene? Book coming along? Job prospects?

Kat & FaceIt, how does it feel to pass the 1 yr.? I had this fear that once it came & went, the Beast would spark up his rhetoric ? Not that, I'm not prepared.

Me, non blonde, left handed, non practicing alcoholic am doing fabulous.
I feel like I've hit another realm higher of serenity & spirituality. Delving deeper in a more intimate relationship w/ my Lord & He's given me peace that surpasses all understanding that he promises in His word.
My heart is filled with love, forgiveness, acceptance which causes peace & serenity. I feel like my life is right where it ought to be. And my moods are balancing out finally. I'm getting so much accomplished. I feel like I've grown so much in such a short time.

I would have NEVER thought a yr ago, I would be here & be this blessed.
Thanks to my awesome crew. I would not be here without you all & Dee.

I wish I could hug you all for real, but ...