Notices

Class Of January 2012 Part 9

Old 01-08-2013, 11:03 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
So it goes

Had a play on the app, cant say it is as easy to navigate as a browser, even the phone browser is easier for me.

PCL dating is ok, I have met a nice lady and have seen her a few times.
Job front is not so good, thought I had a job sewn up before christmas, but found out on Monday I did not get it. That has knocked me back this week quite badly, along with a couple of other things, and I am on a bit of a downer at present, so that has knocked the writing, as it had turned from a downer thing to quite an upbeat thing

Will try and get back on track today as have day to myself.

Glad to see you are doing well seanie and nel, our cuckoos in the January 2013 nest, and congrats on the job nbc!
Old 01-09-2013, 09:35 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Good day class
Old 01-09-2013, 06:14 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

PCL, reaching the 1 year mark feels so good, a real sense of accomplishment and pride. I still have some cravings from time to time but I can ignore those. It's the thoughts from the evil side of my brain that tell me I can have a glass of wine now and drink in moderation that are dangerous and I know not to listen!. I hope that will end someday real soon.
I'm sorry you didn't get the job, Billy. I'll keep praying and sending positive thoughts your way. As soon as I join the 21st century I'm getting a smart phone so I can get some of those apps people keep talking about.
Enjoy the rest of the week my wonderful classmates!
Old 01-10-2013, 05:07 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Hey my dear class

Hope you are well in the New Year! I am licking my wounds at the moment, did not get the fab job I applied for...in fact I was not even called for an interview which is damaging to my ego. I tend to go way beyond myself and I had already redecorated my new office in my mind so the fall is high to not even being called to an interview. While I feel like going back to bed and cry for the day I am planning to get busy in the house and doing some renovations, learn from this and hopefully have my Eureka moment at some point. Coming up to 5 months since I got home and still no clue as to what I am going to do, no income either so I better get a grip soon!!! :-)

Billy, sorry about you not getting the job you wanted...

Well well, onwards and upwards I guess :-)

Love, L
Old 01-10-2013, 06:58 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hey I seen this in the January 2013 class thought it was a good statement/quote.."One glass of wine is too much, two is not enough."...Pretty powerful with the truth for us with a drinking problem...I am gonna try to remember this if I get the urge to drink..Just wanted to share that...Billy, I'm sorry you didn't get the job, keep your chin up buddy. Just know you have a group of awesome cheerleaders that have your back!!
Old 01-10-2013, 07:38 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Billy and Limbo - I just know a great job is around the corner. I understand the frustration and the waiting game is so difficult to play. Today is moving day. My current landlord is in France until tomorrow. I signed a one year lease on this little place that I am breaking. I am nervous and still have that "gotta run" mentality. I have done alot of stop, it's ok, things will be fine and I will deal with the realities of this as a grown up. In the past, I would have drank, and drank, and drank. I would be lieing if I said I haven't thought of drinking a glass of wine in the past few days but I know there is no point and there is no ONE glass. Kat, I so understand those thoughts in our heads. Thank you for reaffirming this reality, sweet lady. I had perfected the drink through any problem or hiccup, for that matter. I hate confrontration so much that it was easy to drown the feelings. This time is different tho. I feel strong, rational. Yes, that's the word - rational. It (what ever it is) will get resolved. The resolution may not be rainbows and lollipops, but it will not be doused with any kind of alcohol. My life became unmanageable and I am still powerless over alcohol so for today, and tomorrow and the next day - I choose to leave the poison in the bottle.

OK, need to get dressed and start packing the rig. Hoping kitty doesn't puke the entire 80 miles to Wichita, however, I am fully prepared for at least 5 good hurls! ACK!! Laughter, love, and hugs, T
Old 01-10-2013, 07:54 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Limbo, I'm sorry I meant to include you in my earlier post, I've had brain fog for ever.. since my last relapse...Please forgive me, I do hope you find something soon...Your a smart awesome gal and the right job will come to you... Keep your chain up girlie,:ghug3 ..So sorry again my friend, like I said to Billy we are your cheerleaders!!♥
Old 01-10-2013, 11:44 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
So it goes

Katrinka, thanks for the thoughts. Been tough this week. I am glad though I dont want a drink. The depression is horrid though. Got a lot out with my counsellor this evening. Heck I even shed a tear

Limbo feel for you, I hadnt decorated my office, but I had spent my first weeks salary. D'oh

NBC great to hear all the preps, you colonials have too many songs about your towns, I could have done 7 nation army , not to be too obvious (It has the line
And the feeling coming from my bones
Says find a home

I'm going to Wichita
Far from this opera for evermore
I'm gonna work the straw)
but I will be obvious and sing you this
good for avoiding the vino, it tempts you at stress times

Nel, keep popping in, we have lots to learn from January 2013, lest we forget what it was like.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:04 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
So it goes

Oh and we do have songs about Manchester too
This one is by my Avatar
Old 01-10-2013, 01:29 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Administrator

fine tune Billy - thanks for the memories

hope yours and Limbo's jobular fortunes improve...you're both due for an upswing

D
Old 01-10-2013, 07:05 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Billy boy, keep singing! Sorry about the job....it probably wasn't the right one, anyway.
Time will tell about the lady. I had to learn how to not let my circumstances control my emotions. I can so easily fall into depression. I read a book by Joyce Meyer, controlling your emotions before they control you or something close to that. It was a real eye opener.

Limbo, I had to learn to let go & let God. Then, things began to fall into place. You are handling it quite well, I think.

NBC, good luck with the move & pray kitty keeps his cookies.

Kat, I dismiss those thoughts of just one right away. I just hope it continues forever.

Nel, keep up the good work !!

We rock 2013!!!
Old 01-10-2013, 09:14 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Made it to Wichita. Apt is fantastic. Kitty did great - only one session of yowling and barfing (wonder if she got that from watching me back in the day??? ) Billy, as a pre teen, I was so in love with Glen Campbell I wrote my name on his album covers as Tammi Campbell. Ahhh....so when I got to Galveston years ago, I was pi$$ed! It was a humid, gross, icky town. Glen lied! LOL His songs have been a bit of a road map to my travels, and Wichita Lineman is one of my all time favorite songs. Thank you!! (((billy))) Dragging it to bed - plum wore out tonight. Nel so good to hear from you, sweetie - keep up the great work!! Love and hugs, T
Old 01-11-2013, 04:41 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Dear class, thank you so much for your encouragement and for just listening. It is wonderful to be able to come here and speak from the heart and just be me, no front no mask, just me. You all give me that so thank you.

Nel, fab to hear from you my dear and you are doing great missy! I noticed you in action as well in the Jan 2013 class so good going here on SR and thank you for your kind words, they really helped me as so many times before.

NBC, a big congratulations to you, you are an inspiration and I love your go get it attitude! I am also so amazed with the US way of moving around, how you can get up in your car and drive to a new town, a new job and a new life. In Europe the gas prices are so high these days that our lives seem to be becoming smaller in terms of our movement. At least for me I try to keep the circle as small as possible with work, living, family, friends and hobbies, but I secretly admire and am just a tiny bit jealous of the vastness of the USA and where you can go...I am an island dweller and only a plane or a boat will get me somewhere :-)

PCL, I think you are right....I seriously need to work on Let go and Let God... I have been trying it and am almost turning in the other direction, in terms of really stepping it up and trying harder. My best experiences in life have been when I have let go, it is just my patience now that is wearing thin so the let God part is frustrating me as it is not happening on my schedule....now how is that for arrogance

Billy, Kat, D and the rest of the gang, a big hi to you!

Love, L
Old 01-11-2013, 08:01 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
God's work in progress

Hey Guys! Caught up in the vicious work week, no time to post. Off today and tomorrow so I can relax a bit. Been reading all week however, and keeping my SR fam in my prayers and heart.

Hope everyone is well physically, the US has had unprecedented rampant flu, our family included. Finally starting to bounce back.

Really sorry to read about the jobs, Billy and Limbo. Just know that God has other plans for you, bigger and better, yet to be revealed.
On that note, I want to share something that happened this week which I consider miraculous...I've been really trying to practice trusting in God and the universe, surrendering and letting go. Tuesday night I was stressing because expenses had exceeded income and feared that Wednesday we would be overdrawn in the checking account. My hubby's disability check was not due for another week, my pay almost two weeks. After praying, a little voice told me to let it go. Reluctantly, I drifted off to sleep. Next morning, I was anxious to check my account. Again, voice reminded me to just trust and not worry. I forced myself to "not look" at the account and just trust in the Lord. I said ok, and really felt I had reached the point of acceptance and resignation. Came home from work and, lo and behold, the check had arrived a week early! I looked up at the sky in gratitude and in that moment promised I would never not trust again. Not done yet...We received a call yesterday from our mortgage company, out of the blue, that we qualified for a new federal program and that they would be forgiving our home equity balance...$123,000.00 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can I get and AMEN?

So the moral of this story, for me, is that I needed to learn, absolutely, to trust in my Higher Power in all things. Give up, surrender, and give it to God. All of it. He can do things that we cannot fathom in our wildest dreams. I am overflowing with gratitude!!!

Tammi, I am thrilled to hear things are working out. Just keep expecting good things, you deserve it all!

PCL, like Kat being over the One Year mark is wonderful. I feel like this is just the beginning, and that things can just keep getting better with continued sobriety. Thoughts of drinking surfaced during the holidays, but, as you said, I didn't engage them for a minute. The less we think about it, the more the AV just goes away quickly and quietly.

Excited for the rest of us...soon we will all be OVERS!!! Stay strong all!!!

Keep going Nel and Seanie, you guys got this!!!
Love and Hugs,
Kim
Old 01-11-2013, 08:16 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Amen Fixit! Wow, that is some fab events and trusting seems to be working for you :-)
Old 01-11-2013, 01:19 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Administrator

that's really awesome Kim

D
Old 01-11-2013, 01:51 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Great post Kim ....Hey class a quick check in still doing good...I gotta tell on Dark Days, I been teasing him about is avatar cause it reminds me of the girl off of Exorcist, freaks me out... so he changed it!!... He liked zoomed in on her face!.....lol...I told him when I was scrolling down and seen it, I about spit my water out on my computer that I was drinking......Well awesome January mates have a great weekend!... Love & peace to you all, Nellie
Old 01-11-2013, 02:53 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Hi guys.
Kim that's amazing.
Doing good here, really getting the AA program, scared off meetings at start but now looking forward to going, but still not sharing much.
Acceptance was a big thing for me.
Love that phrase' let go and let God '
peace all
Sean
Old 01-11-2013, 03:55 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
God's work in progress

...and a BIG SHOUT OUT to DARK DAYS...who has One Year today!!!!!!!!

Woo Hoo.....CONGRATS!!!!! :day1
Old 01-11-2013, 05:11 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

FaceIt, awesome post, God can do anything if we'll get out of His way & TRUST Him.
For a long time I thought I was, I wasn't. I was trying too hard. I had to learn Relying on God fully means to leave it at His feet & TRULY not be concerned about it.
God has a plan for us in everything, we just need to pay attention to Him.

Limbo, I believe things will turn out the way they are supposed to.
I truly believe everything happens for a reason.
I know I always want to know every little thing ahead of time & I want it NOW "control freak" but changing that behavior & really letting God has given peace like I've never known.
And for the record, I have only lived 2 places my whole life ( I hate moving) NBC is just Miss Independant Super Chef !!

Nel, you are too funny

DD, congrats mate!!

Seanie, so glad AA is going good for you. I pray you find the courage to speak up & meet some "good" friends.

NBC, glad you made it safely! And Happy Early One Year to us on Monday
:day1

Onward & Upward for Round 2...ding ding ding