Notices

Class Of November 2012 - Part 5

Old 01-24-2013, 10:45 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Ooh rochele I'm jealous of your splurge! Always wanted a vitamix. They are serious pieces of kit.

Here's to splurging and being sassy lol

S x
Old 01-24-2013, 07:18 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone, I am really being tested here lately. A friends daughter was found dead this morning - cause of death unknown right now but is is thought to be a heart attack - she was in her late thirties. I am having house guests for the weekend starting tomorrow and hoping that will take my mind off of things. I have a lot to be thankful for and all the crap that has happened to me lately pales in comparison to losing a child. It makes me ashamed that I even got upset over it. A wine was tempting, but I didn't.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:08 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  

+
Originally Posted by Marine28 View Post
Thanks everyone, I am really being tested here lately. A friends daughter was found dead this morning - cause of death unknown right now but is is thought to be a heart attack - she was in her late thirties. I am having house guests for the weekend starting tomorrow and hoping that will take my mind off of things. I have a lot to be thankful for and all the crap that has happened to me lately pales in comparison to losing a child. It makes me ashamed that I even got upset over it. A wine was tempting, but I didn't.
That's so sad,,I am so sorry to hear that.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:13 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Hi all,I haven't been on since Christmas,,yikes! (sorry)
THings are going fairly smooth for me,,like I planned,I wanted to quit wine during the week and had made it through till christmas eve..then had some wine throughout the holidays..nothing crazy,but still had some nonetheless. I have narrowred it down to only drinking on the weekends,which was my plan from the beginning,but needed to accomplish a full 3 weeks before. So I did that! and I feel good my change, I know for some,quitting completely was the only safe route,and I can't imagine how hard it would be. So hats off to you all!!! I hope this sticks,like I said,no change is ever easy,,but I have been coping very well with narrowing it down to weekends, and I never have more than 4 glasses! except this weekend it will be my 4oth birthday...OOOPS!.... we'll see,I will keep you posted,nice to be back again.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:00 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Hi all... Big "SHOUT OUT" to all my Novie friends...

Marine - So sorry to hear about your friends daughter... That is so sad... My thoughts and prayers are with you and your friends families...

Beeliz - Good to hear from you... It's good to hear the ol moderation thing is working for you... It always worked for me for a little while but ended up progressing into full-fledged daily drinking, so it is just not an option for me any longer...

Have a safe and sober weekend everyone!!!
Old 01-25-2013, 03:47 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry for your loss marine. This has been a testing time for you for sure but your strength has been inspiring

I hope it continues to work for you Beeliz - best wishes

D
Old 01-26-2013, 06:45 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  
2 detoxes down, 0 to go

Marine - sorry to hear of your friend's daughter. The only good that can come out of such tragedies is that they can serve as a reminder to all of us of how precious and fragile life is. When I have a rough day in early recovery and I start to feel sorry for myself, I frequently find myself thinking of a close friend that cancer took from us a year ago. No matter how difficult things get, I'm still here and I still have today and tomorrow, as long as I don't **** today up. Not everyone gets a second chance (or a thousandth), but I did. I don't really know why I did and my friend didn't, but I feel like I owe it to him to finish fixing my life and do some good in this world with whatever time I have left. Our common problem is a terrible and life-threatening thing, but it is fixable, and in that regard we're lucky, no matter how difficult and arduous the process of fixing it may be.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:02 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  
Recognizes the Beast

Hey all,
Sorry I haven't checked in in a while, but unexpected health issues have popped up over the past week that have really kicked my behind. Truth to be told I've even forgotten, at times, about my recovery, and just been bed ridden, incredibly weak or in a significant amount of pain.

I live in a small town, so I have to wait till Monday to get it sorted out (nothing open), but looking a very long weekend ahead.

I guess the good news is I'm still sober, and actually even the drunken Nomis wouldn't have been stupid enough to venture a drink of the past few days.

Take care everyone, I'll keep checking up, maybe not posting much though.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:18 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  
2 detoxes down, 0 to go

Sorry to hear it, nomis. Hope you get to feeling better.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:31 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  
Administrator

hope you feel better soon Nomis

D
Old 01-27-2013, 02:12 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Good morning Team Novies (10am here in UK and I had a lovely lie in)

Nomis, sorry to hear your health probs, wishing you better.

It's been a bit of a flat weekend so far. I had a chocolate brownie and it syesterday. My liver seems very sensitive to being overloaded and I had been eating clean and doing well on the energy front for two weeks. This brownie sent me over the edge!

Today I have my ex coming over for dinner to catch up and I suspect he would like me to type some invoices up for him too!

I've been recording some classic films on TiVo and working through some recommendations. I've got 12 angry men and an affair to remember to watch at some point!

So not really much to report from me, just back on the health kick with a vengeance and keeping a check on my CV (chocoholic voice) 🙉

S x
Old 01-27-2013, 03:10 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Ooh watching Dog Day Afternoon. Great film. Any suggestions for 'must see' classics that you have see, would be welcomed.

S x
Old 01-27-2013, 05:30 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Marine - so sorry to hear about your friends daughter. You've had a stressful time these days and I hope you are doing ok. Thinking of you.

Nomis - sorry about the unexpected health issues. I hope you get the treatment you need quickly on Monday and get well soon.

I always thought once I got myself sober, I'll be healthier and happier in an instant, well we are healthier and happier in many ways but life is still life and we still get thrown curveballs now and again, just better able to deal with them sober I guess and not adding to our problems my being drunk. You're both doing a great job, doing it sober. Take care of yourselves.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:47 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Hi all - sorry i didn't post much these past few days. busy week, busy weekend!

Yesterday was my oldest son's 15th birthday. I can't believe how time has flown, he's becoming such a wonderful young man, the kind I am very proud of. Although I always hid the extent of my problem from my family, doing much of my drinking alone or hidden, I am very grateful that I am setting a better example, it's nice to practice what I preach and not be a hypocrite. He deserves better from me.

So to celebrate his bday, after basketball and soccer games for my other two boys, my sister took the little ones for an overnight and my son, husband and I went out to a nice dinner (I was offered wine by the waitress and the martinis on the menu looked good, but don't worry, I went with lemon water instead!). Then we went to an indoor rock climbing gym. It was so fun. My first climb I only went halfway up and got down, but I was determined and then did 3 or 4 climbs all the way up. My husband and son were amazing. We finished the night off with sundaes and a movie. Today I'm off again to see my sister for the last time before she heads back home.

Hope you all have a good day.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:53 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Hi all. Just checking in.

Nomis, I hope you feel better! That sounds miserable.

Sazz, I love movies. We rent a lot of them. I love Good Fellas. And, in a totally different direction, I really enjoyed re watching breakfast at Tiffany's with my daughter recently. More old classics: Taxi Driver, The Graduate, La Femme Nikita, Jagged Edge.

Loads of great movies! That sounds like a fun idea for those nights when nothing is on and we want to watch a good flick.

Hubby and son off to a pro basketball game today, and daughter and I have some errands to do. We will find some fun ones to run, too. she would like to go to a book store. Maybe we can get a snack or lunch together. Not sure how much homework she has, though.

Hope all are well. Doing well here. A bit bored, but fine.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:54 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  

FMFT, that sounds fun!! You are very brave. I fear heights, lol.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:01 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  
2 detoxes down, 0 to go

Today makes 10 weeks of sobriety. 70 days. Things are slowly and steadily improving and at work the sales have started coming in at a much stronger rate. I'm feeling pretty good overall and looking forward to a relaxing Sunday after 6 days at the office. Hope all are well.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:48 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Well today is my 40th birthday! and last night had a surprise party for me at our favorite restaurant. I'm so happy to say that I am feeling great today,no hang over and am loving life!! Love the new changes going on with less alcohol and more sober days
**Nomis,I hope you get better soon....
Old 01-27-2013, 07:30 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  

🎂🎉HAPPY 40th BIRTHDAY BEELIZ🎉🎂

Glad you had a lovely day. You 🌟

S x
Old 01-27-2013, 07:32 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Rochele, are you a De Niro fan as well?! Goodfellas is my all time face film. It's great having films on hand and its great watching them sober and focusing only on the film (too often I'm on my phone or in and out of the kitchen!)

S x