Notices

Class Of November 2012 - Part 5

Old 01-27-2013, 11:52 AM
  # 421 (permalink)  

I love DeNiro, Sazz. Cape Fear? Chills!

So, I spoke too soon about a fun day with my daughter. The 13 yo stubborn child was here today, instead of my sweetie pie. She is being difficult and not getting to her homework in such a time as we would be able to do the fun stuff. She made me too mad in the process to deserve it as well. I am sad. I wanted to spend some quality time with her.

Oh well. I will maybe read a bit of my book and take a nap. I could take her to the book store but she was not cooperative at all today and the new books will only be a further distraction from what she really needs to be doing.

I will not be getting into a bottle of wine, however.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:30 PM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Sorry about your day Rochele. Darn teenagers, don't they know we just want the best for them and to enjoy life with them!!! They certainly can be tough, like Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde sometimes...I can relate. Glad you didn't resort to the wine. Sounds like you handled it well ~ and actually pretty impressed that new books would be a distraction to her, I have to force mine to read most times!
Old 01-27-2013, 08:32 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  

Sazzle and Rochele, you're making me want to dig out some old movies. Some I haven't seen in years, others not at all. Movies are a great past time and distraction...if I can stay awake.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:48 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Hi beautiful November people,
Good to say hello to my friends! I've been slacking off on the meetings. The private one on Saturdays at a woman's house is the one I have been going to mostly. It's so warm and comfy, and just women. What I like best

The brother of my ex-brother-in-law passed away last week. They are still cherished members of the family, even though my sister and Larry got divorced years ago. My other sister and I are going to play Ashokan Farewell today at the funeral. We worked it out on violin and classical guitar, and it sounds very sad and beautiful.

I am hoping there won't be liquor after the funeral.

Hugs,
JunebugApril
Old 01-28-2013, 08:23 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Oh, June, I am very sorry for your loss. That sounds like a lovely tribute.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:53 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnotherPaul View Post
Today makes 10 weeks of sobriety. 70 days. Things are slowly and steadily improving and at work the sales have started coming in at a much stronger rate. I'm feeling pretty good overall and looking forward to a relaxing Sunday after 6 days at the office. Hope all are well.

Keep it going!!! Your doing awesome!!!

Happy 40th Beeliz...

June - So sorry for your loss... My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family...

I hope all my Novie friends have a safe and sober week!!!
Old 01-28-2013, 03:02 PM
  # 427 (permalink)  

June sorry to hear your sad news. But how lovely that you and your sister are so talented and can do such a beautiful tribute for him.

Hugs

S x
Old 01-28-2013, 04:42 PM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Happy 40th bday, Beeliz!

Paul, congrats on 70 days!!

Somehow, I will watch the bachelor tonight while sober, lol. All they do is drink wine on that show! I am over it, and actually have to laugh about it at times. It is truly trash TV, but I indulge myself. I like to see the vacations and dates they go on! I used to settle in and have a couple or few glasses of wine as I watched.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:36 PM
  # 429 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry for your loss June.
Happy birthday beeliz

Hope everyone is doing ok - my internet is very spotty right now.

D
Old 01-28-2013, 07:19 PM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Sorry for your loss, June. You will be fine at the funeral. Don't worry about it.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:40 PM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Howdy Novies ! Just catching up with everyone. Nomis hope you are feeling better! June so sorry for your loss. Know it will be special for you to be able to bless them during this time with music. It is a very special gift. Rochele... I'll trade you my 11 yr old for your 13 yr old for a few days... Happy birthday Beeliz! Welcome to the 40s club! AP --congrats on 70 days !! That is AWESOME! Dee hope you are feeling better too! Marine -- sorry for your loss as well and I hope the new job is going well! Saz, Wifi, FMFT and the rest of the Novies... hope you are all doing well

I'm hanging in sober wise. One of the other teachers at the school is getting married this week and we decided they were not allowed to elope, so we are throwing them a wedding. Planned and put together in under 10 days. Yours truly is in charge of the food, and when I told Mr. Sisterella that he was going to be grilling almost 500 kebobs, well... lets just say he was less than thrilled. Fortunately I have found someone else to cook the food so I should still be married myself by the end of the week.

Other than that not much going on. Back in school. Summer is in full swing so we are leaving our windows open because it's cooler out (dang that just looks strange and backwards, but that is just the way dry season is).

That's about it for me.... Sis - OUT!
Old 01-28-2013, 11:56 PM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Hey everyone!!! Thanks for the kind words. There was no booze at the funeral, but oh, the food! We went out to an all you can eat buffet. I never knew Polish food was so delicious. Yikes, I blew my diet so badly! Oh well, I can make up for it

Hugs, y'all!!!
I still think about that guy that was with us at the beginning, the UPS guy.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:25 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Just checking in with my Novies!

All the company and dogs are gone and I am just exhausted. I have to admit I had cravings over the last 10 days watching my kids drinks etc., but I stayed really busy. I havent had a chance to read any posts, but will start to catch up later today.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:14 PM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Nice to hear from you Sisterella and Nikkipoo! Glad you are both doing well.

Working on my health. Just exercised and have been trying to have a "green smoothie" every other day or more. Also working in a pot of pea soup today.

Good to see you too Dee. I hope you are doing/feeling better.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:43 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  
Administrator

battling on Rochele

D
Old 01-29-2013, 01:32 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  

I felt sad for a woman in my women's meeting that said she slipped. She is a really great person, so it bothered me to see it. But this was the first time I could see that someone was actually dealing with the real thing. I've gone to meetings where I heard people say they had twenty seven years sober, and I could not relate to that. I hear people say they slipped up in the past, but this was the first time I saw it. To see someone deal with her struggles, helped me.

It's still been pretty easy for me to not drink. But I don't have a husband drinking around me. And I have not been around drinking since I quit drinking in November. The funny thing is, I still have that bottle wine in my closet for "just in case I really want it". For some reason, that security blanket makes me feel better. To know I can have it if I really want to drink, that it is not forbidden.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:26 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  
Recognizes the Beast

Hello folks!

Good to be back, thanks for all the well wishes from everybody. All the health issues have been cleared up (knock on wood) and I'm ready to jump back into recovery mode.

Infected teeth are no fun people. No fun at all. The best way I could describe it, it was as if something was dying a slow terrible death inside my mouth. Then I had an allergic reaction to the antibiotics, to the point where I was making trips to the bathroom every couple of hours, day and night for four days. But successful root canal today and the stomach issues have cleared up. Never, ever want to go through something like that again.

Day 80 for me here. Not a really significant number, but a couple of years ago when I tried to get sober I made it to 75 days. So this means I have officially been sober now for the longest period in 18 years. Couldn't have done it without you Novies.

Good to hear most people are doing well. June, condolences, tragedies are big challenges for us in early sobriety and it sounds like you are handling it perfectly.

And Sistrella, you do realize you are rubbing poo-poo in my face every time you mention that Panamanian weather to this Canuck (where we just got another 5 centimeters of snow yesterday).
Old 01-30-2013, 06:10 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  

The Addictive Beast Programming / Self-Centered Self-Gratifying Flesh Nature / Past Acquired Addictive Thoughts & Behaviors in me is SCREAMING BLOODY MURDER to DRINK!!! 'F' you Beast. I am committed to the life of SOBRIETY I am now pursuing. I can feel the POSITIVE effects and possibilities of living my life FREE from the old Addictive Nature.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:45 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  

June, it is incredibly hard remaining sober with a drinking spouse. Especially when that is pretty much what you did together for fun and when being social. even if is is just a glass or two at a nice music club, etc... Hard when he will not be sober with you.

Sigh...

I liken it to going out for ice cream every Friday and Saturday night, as a family, or with a huge group of friends, and not being able to get anything. Or sipping a sparkling water with them, as they enjoy the ice cream.

My daughter, who has some food allergies inspires me. She has had to watch and not have things while all the girl scouts had ice cream in a camping trip, or in a class party, she has to have her own thing, rather than the community shared treat. She has always, generally, taken totally in stride, knowing nothing else.

Yet, even she gets sad and feels left out sometimes. It is only natural.

Anyway, that piece of it is a huge struggle for me. I hope your friend from your meeting gets back to it and can be sober.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:06 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RDBplus3 View Post
The Addictive Beast Programming / Self-Centered Self-Gratifying Flesh Nature / Past Acquired Addictive Thoughts & Behaviors in me is SCREAMING BLOODY MURDER to DRINK!!! 'F' you Beast. I am committed to the life of SOBRIETY I am now pursuing. I can feel the POSITIVE effects and possibilities of living my life FREE from the old Addictive Nature.
Stay strong... You ARE stronger than the drink!!!