Notices

Class Of November 2012 - Part 5

Old 01-11-2013, 12:57 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Hello beautiful friends!
Thanks for the exercise bike advice. I don't like the bike at the physical therapy place, the seat is uncomfortable. I tried one at a store that I like, so I might just go get that one. Since I am so tiny, I like that it has adjustable handlebars and seat angle.

Guess what? Not only booze-free, but down 8 pounds since December 18th! Still have 30 more pounds to lose though.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:21 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Ro and Thau, not at 60 yet. I was just "exclaiming" over Nomis's accomplishment.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:22 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Happy Friday all. Busy with kiddoes today. Off to a basketball practice this evening.

Congrats Marine!
Old 01-11-2013, 06:59 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Good job Marine, Nikki, you'll make it!
Old 01-12-2013, 05:26 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Up early this Saturday morning.
I thought I would share something cool that happened to me two days ago. I answered a phone call in which the caller ID said it was one of the state universities that I live in. They were doing a health survey of the state's residents. It took about 10 minutes, but when they got to the question, "How many drinks have you consumed in the last month?"
I got to answer: NONE! Yea!
Old 01-12-2013, 03:08 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Nice answer, Nikkipoo!

I finally got my mail from the doctor. My liver enzymes were normal, and my liver ultrasound shows some fatty deposit, but that is to be expected, given I have chronic fatty liver disease. Status quo on that, and improved from 2 years ago when it was enlarged.

Whew.

Cholesterol high. Sigh. I know that and work hard on it...need to get better there with exercise and no sweets and carbs.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:15 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad your results were ok rochele

D
Old 01-12-2013, 03:56 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Hi Novie friends! 80 days here for me. Can't believe it!

Just got back from a lovely Indian restaurant and feel so great. iPhone keeps losing my messages so I'll keep it brief.

June, fab news on the weight front
Rochele, good news on the report
Marine, Nomis, nickipoo, you rock
Thanume, me too. I find feeling great a bigger challenge than having a tough day

I'll post tomorrow once my posts go through. I write a massive one yesterday just for it it never ever 'send'

Night folks xxx
Old 01-13-2013, 06:23 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Hi all - hope you all are well. Been very busy the past few days. Yesterday I took a civil service test for a better job with the county government. It took me 5 hours to finish, it was tough. Not sure if anything will come of it or if I'd even want the job but I figured you never know til you try! Then we had basketball for one son and double header soccer games for my other son. Today my sister and nieces are arriving from South Carolina for a few week visit - not staying with us but that will mean a lot of running around to fit in visits with her. I'm excited to see them, but it's always a bit stressful as my husband does not do well with disruptions. Our life is so crazy, busy as it is and he works long hours so to him the visiting is just a hassle and it makes him grumpy. I need to really work hard not to let his moods affect me so, that's hard for me. Anyway, off to do the weekly grocery shopping (my worst chore! I'd rather scrub toilets.) then to meet up with my sister.

Have a happy Sunday.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:54 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

I'm back. Needed support. Going to my 3rd AA meeting this morning. Funny how a liquid that i should've powerful over has gotten the best of me.

I will do this… for today
Old 01-13-2013, 08:16 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Hi Michi ! Welcome back! You will get tons of support here.
Rochele, I know you are relieved about those liver enzymes. Did your doc give you a list of foods to avoid with your high cholesterol? I have high cholesterol too, but mine cant be managed with just diet alone. I'm on meds. * sigh *
Old 01-13-2013, 08:16 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Doing Business Since 11/3/2012

Michi I have been wondering about you a lot lately. I am really glad to see you here!!! Welcome back.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:14 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Michi, I've thought of you and I know how hard it is. I'm glad you're here. Keep posting. I'll check in later, off to see my visiting out of town sister...late as usual and stressed about it. Michi, hope to see a post from you later when I check in, I think of you often from early November~
Old 01-13-2013, 10:17 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Rochele - congrats on those test results. good news.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:41 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Big shout out to all my Novie friends!!!

I hope everyone is doing well!

Michi - Welcome back... It's really good to see you here posting...

rochele - Good to hear the tests came back ok...

I hope you all have a safe and sober day!!!
Old 01-13-2013, 11:47 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Hi Novie loves,

Michi, I am happy to see you. Hope all is well. So glad you came back to this thread.

Rochele, that is wonderful news. It sounds like you are getting a lot better.

All is well here, nothing big to report. Have an AA meeting tonight, and did a Big Book study with my new sponsor yesterday. What we are doing is reading the Big Book aloud, cover to cover. I do most of the reading, and when a question pops up or if I want to talk about something we stop and talk. It's good. I've got it down to two meetings a week, but I should probably find another one and make it three.

Hugs!
Old 01-13-2013, 12:45 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
I'm Wide Awake

Hi everyone,

Sorry to be MIA for a few days - I didn't anticipate how busy the new year would be. The days are flying past. I'll be glad when the next two weeks are over. We have quarterly meetings at work and this particular January meeting is rough because I have extra year-end reports to compile.

I don't have a lot new news - things are going great with the exercise and I'm still sleeping well, so I'm happy. I've had some good discussions with friends about not drinking and it turns out many of my friends are either cutting back or stopping for a while. I am ready to be up front with people that I've stopped drinking and feel pretty strong about that. I look back and wonder why I waited so long to do this.

Congrats to Nomis and Marine for hitting 60 days. I think it's tomorrow for me

June - great news on your 8 pound weight loss!

Rochele - I'm glad the report from the Doctor was good!

FMFT - have fun with your family

Sazzle - glad the flatemate paid up. Enjoy those Hob Nobs!

Michi - welcome back. I hope you find the support you need. It sounds like you are struggling and I hope things get better for you very soon.

Hello to everyone else!

Well, I'm off to work on these reports. Hope the coming week goes well for everyone.

Charlee
Old 01-13-2013, 01:43 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back Michi

D
Old 01-13-2013, 01:58 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nikkipoo View Post
Hi Michi ! Welcome back! You will get tons of support here.
Rochele, I know you are relieved about those liver enzymes. Did your doc give you a list of foods to avoid with your high cholesterol? I have high cholesterol too, but mine cant be managed with just diet alone. I'm on meds. * sigh *

Nikki, I have been fighting the cholesterol thing for a couple of years. The high lipids kinda go with diabetes and the chronic fatty liver disease I have. Alcohol poured fuel on the flames, but it was primarily the other stuff giving me big problems. It was all synergistic with the alcohol, I am sure.

So, I generally try to avoid refined carbs, sugar, and I should avoid alcohol to deal with the cholesterol. And I try to exercise. But I need to be better about all of those things. Interestingly, my dietitian said I can eat 5 or so eggs a week, and lean red meat, etc... Of course fried foods, chips, processed junk are bad for everyone, etc... The big culprit in triglycerides is sugar, refined starches and alcohol.

My GP would like me on a statin, but I am currently declining then, due to fear of bothering my liver issues. I am sure she and I will be having THAT discussion once again, when I book my appointment with her this month!
Old 01-13-2013, 02:03 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

June, wowza on 8 pounds!

Charlee, glad things are going great, and good to hear from you!

Wifi, I think about you and your family. Hope that is on an even keel for now.

Charlee, Nomis, Marine all near or over 60 days! Yay!

Not counting days here, but trying to focus on other things in my life to not drink. I felt to hyper-focused on it and it was making me want to drink all the time. Now, I just try to NOT think about drinking, or not drinking, and just live a sober life. I feel more positive with that approach.