Notices

Class Of November 2012 - Part 5

Old 02-07-2013, 01:44 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Recognizes the Beast

Originally Posted by Junebugapril View Post
I have a feeling that cravings will come and go. I can go days, even weeks without thinking about a drink, then all of a sudden, BAM, I want one. I gotta say, though, I have not been as stressed out since the shrink I started going to prescribed Lamictal. I am much more mellow.

Actually, I think not drinking may have something to do with me feeling more mellow. Now that I am not burying my feelings in a bottle, I am really feeling things and a lot happier.

How about you guys? What have you noticed is different about you or your life since you quit drinking?
Panic attacks have disappeared, more energy, fiances have stabilized, more gratitude towards what I have in life and not (as) angry at the world anymore. It feels like a giant monkey has been lifted off my shoulders.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:32 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

For me I don't obsess over it as much (drinking or not drinking). The cravings are less but they are still there every now and then. Like you I still have those moments of ...awwww a glass of wine would be SO nice, but the moments see to pass faster and don't have as much sadness and 'poor me' feelings associated with them. I think I have become more comfortable in my own skin and with who I am as a non-drinker. The biggest thing is that I don't feel bored all the time like I did when I first quit. I think my brain is finally starting to readjust.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:53 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Nomis, I was trying to think of exactly what is different. Anxiety is different, in as, hardly there at all. I have some anxiety disorder anyway, but I thought about it today. I was up early, showered and skipped out the door for my volunteer stuff at school. I used to be anxious about getting places on time, and being ready. None of that anymore. it is so normal, I nearly forgot about it!

I try to *not* think about drinking or not drinking. I just try to live my life, moving forward, if that makes sense. It feels very good to sleep and wake sober and clear headed. And if I have a bad night's sleep, for some random reason, I am not wrecked, like if I had been drinking.

It is lots of little things. Just little normal things that are nice and normal. Alcohol makes for drama.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:58 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  
Doing Business Since 11/3/2012

Nomis glad you are feeling good about things. I read somewhere that there are significant physical changes at 30, 60 and 90 days without alcohol. I have to say early on I felt great but until recently I was REALLY dragging and struggling with headaches. At this time of year, with the holidays and the bugs go around and not drinking it's hard to know for sure what's up. I do feel like in the last week or two I have got over something, drinking related or not I can't say. Really feeling much more peaceful and settled right now.

Keep it up everyone. Haven't checked the weather, but good luck with the storm. send some our way. Be safe.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:06 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  
Recognizes the Beast

I was kinda the opposite VR. Tough couple first months, but the last month has been good, very good. In fact I'm suspicious it might be a pink cloud. It's sobering to read others post that sobriety doesn't fix all their problems, it just makes them more real. So trying to keep that in mind as I plough ahead.

Speaking of which, the AV was working overtime today. It's #90 for me, and on the drive home the beast was barking "It's Friday, you've got a long weekend ahead of you with no plans and you've done so well. So well in fact, you obviously don't have a problem Nomis". How insane is that?

Been quiet in here lately, hope everyone is doing well. Can't believe it's February and there are 3 other month threads ahead of us now.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:18 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Doing Business Since 11/3/2012

Nomis congrats on 90!!!!

Old 02-08-2013, 08:27 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Nomis

D
Old 02-08-2013, 09:05 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Hey gang - I am now officially 90 days sober!
Old 02-08-2013, 11:43 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marine28 View Post
Hey gang - I am now officially 90 days sober!
That's fantastic Marine! Congratulations.

S x
Old 02-08-2013, 11:47 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Nomis, congrats on your 90 days, we're no longer newbies now with the 3 other clubs but is still feel new!

S x
Old 02-09-2013, 12:24 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Hi gang, just checking in!

What a week. Someone at my AA told me that when you quit you start seeing people for who they are and boy is that true. I've had immense difficulties with my flatmate. I don't want to go into details here, but basically he doesn't want me to be with anyone and is acting like a man deterrent for me. He's also ignored my requests to set up a standing order for his rent. Not sure if he is alcoholic, a sociopath or just plain taking the ****.

Anyway, my life is quite drama free now so I no longer have that fog disguising all these things. I'm going away for a week on my own. I've got a beautiful spa booked up with treatments and lovely healthy foods and I can't wait.

Last night I went out for drinks after work with colleagues (male) and then for dinner with my girlfriends. It's funny, the difference in conversations between the sexes. I went from side splitting banter to 'he said, she said' gossip, man trouble and baby talk! It must have just been the mix of friends I was with but, apart from my best friend who is amazing, the other girls seemed more bitchy/whiny than ever. This could be were I got drunk in the past and noticed it less!

Sorry for not posting here much. I really should drop in more instead of writing small novels when I do!

S x
Old 02-09-2013, 06:29 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Just seen the snow storm on the news and hoping everyone in northeast US and E Canada are safe and warm.

the weather is crazy.

S x
Old 02-09-2013, 06:45 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Nomis and Marine....CONGRATS ON 90 DAYS!!!! Great job!

Old 02-09-2013, 06:49 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Well we were forecast to get over a foot of snow, but we were in a dry pocket and ended up with about 3-4 inches. Still enough to go out and play and enjoy it with the kids today.

Not much to report this week. Had 2 sick children and a sick husband. So alot of running around and taking care of things and people. Went to bed early and lots of reading this week.

Hope you all have a great weekend.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:04 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Venting alert!! Just have to get this out. Had a vision of a beautiful day. I got a good nights sleep, made banana muffins this morning. Had a plan of playing in the snow, enjoying life....but alas, teenagers and husbands can be soooooo difficult. Father and 15year old son don't communicate (at least not the way they should be). I am always in the middle. I am everyones sounding board and counselor. I don't mind mostly, but sometimes I just want an easy day and someone to ask how am I feeling, how I am doing. Ok enough feeling sorry for myself. Instead of drinking, which my AV seems to want me to do today, I'm venting. So thank you for listening...I'm off to salvage the rest of this day. Some fresh air and sleigh riding will do me good.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:54 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Vent away FMFT. It's what we're here for! Sometimes my sober days are in no way as smooth as I thought they would be and I have to be satisfied with a 'well at least I didn't drink' at the end of the day as my gratitude!

Make sure you stay FMFT and not FTFM. Keep yourself 1st xx
Old 02-10-2013, 04:06 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Well, I'm showing up for home room but still absent from PE.

But I got our wood stove fixed, so the house is nice and warm.

The Newcomer's forum has been crazy lately--a suicide threat and an extended bender...

Let us never get over-confident in our sobriety!
Old 02-10-2013, 05:33 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  

Thanks Saz. Good advice. Been doing much soul searching lately, and you know, I think alot of what got me here in the first place, is that I have always been FTFM and thought that was the way I should be. Still working on FMFT, but she's in there and I'm bringing her out day by day Thanks for the venting session and the advice.

So, my day turned out ok yesterday. Went out sleigh riding and even got my 15 year old to go out too. I put those kids to shame, zooming down that hill!

Today brought my little guy to a bday party and then my teenager and I went shopping for new clothes (for him ) Came home and made home-made chicken noodle soup, but found my poor little middle son not feeling well in bed. Fever and sore throat, afraid it may be strep. Have to call in tor work, but they come first. Tonight my 15 year old and I will watch the new episode of the Walking Dead. Never thought I'd really get into a show about zombies, but this is what happens when you live in a house with all boys I suppose. I like the show and love the time with him.

Night, Night my friends. You all mean alot to me.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:46 PM
  # 499 (permalink)  

Sazz, good to see you, write all the novels you want. I didn't go to any AA meetings this week -- kinda tired of them. Could I be "cured"? Nah. Probably not. I don't think I could go out for drinks with friends, though, wow!!! And I still have not been around liquor yet, but I just don't think about drinking anymore. What's wrong with me? HAHAHAHA
Old 02-10-2013, 06:04 PM
  # 500 (permalink)  
Administrator

we continue here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-6-a.html