Notices

"30 Days and Under Part 3"... Come & encourage them!

Old 11-28-2012, 01:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

"30 Days and Under Part 3"... Come & encourage them!

we continue from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...e-them-21.html

D
Old 11-28-2012, 02:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
"Why So Serious?"

Hey all, back from Day 2 of my job. Had a really good day except for my boots being a bit too tight. Got home and my socks were filled with blood. My poor lil' pinky toes! And they screwed up again! They put in the request for my XL jacket. Apparently the Supervisor mixed up the two jackets and handed the HR manager the same jacket I had just turned in! *FACEPALM* So I was in the itsy, bitsy, teeny, weeny UPS jacket again.

Right after my shift I'm driving home and the first thing I hear on the radio is a vodka commercial... of course. It caused a quick urge but I shrugged it off and drove home.

Now I'm resting my feetsies and gonna make some chicken soon. Have a great night all!
Old 11-28-2012, 07:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Jjay- You're cracking me up on the tiny jacket. But ouch on the feet! Rest up and I'm glad things are going well for you.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Goodnight all! Hope everyone had a good, sober day.

I realized something kind of funny today. I've had this horrible headache for the past few days and in the past I would never take any medicine for it because the warnings on the bottle say "do not take if you have 3 or more drinks a day" (weird that I had no issue killing my liver with alcohol and paid no attention to the warnings on the wine bottle, but was so careful about the warnings on the headache pills?!? instead of not drinking my answer was ok, I just won't take any medicine). Well, today I took headache medicine without worrying! I'm realizing how much drinking controlled so many little parts of my life.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

08.40 Thur, Freezing, had to scrape the ice off my car.

Good morning Under 30's

Brrrr, it's cold this morning, don't appreciate having to ice-scrape before I come to work. It's 2 C apparently. Just warming my hands on a cup of tea. I hope you're all well and enjoying sobriety as much as I am.

WWG, great stuff choosing comics over booze, I'm proud of you.

Hi Harley, you're just doing so well so keep it up.

Hi Midnight, I hope you got some sleep last night after staying up so late. I'm glad to see you're sounding happier and I hope you're feeling that way too.

Hi to everyone else, I'll catch up with you all later, I'm sure.

Stay safe and sober

JUST FOR TODAY, I will live through this day only. I will not brood about yesterday or obsess about tomorrow. I will not set far-reaching goals or try to overcome all of my problems at once. I know that I can do something for 24 hours that would overwhelm me if I had to keep it up for a lifetime.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Grace.

I'm brrrrrr to - it's -4C and snowing. And I hate ice-scraping my car as well. I also keep a spade in the trunk because sometime there is too much snow. I also prefer snow on Xmas cards)

I got some sleep, though couldn't fall asleep for a while because "overworked" and kept thinking what I have to do next. I in the morning I realized that I've run out of coffee! Aaa. Well, no big deal, made some tea, but coffee - it is what makes my morning)

Hope, you'll stay warm on this cold day.

I'll check in later, have to do more work.

My best wishes to all.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grace2 View Post
08.40 Thur, Freezing, had to scrape the ice off my car.

Good morning Under 30's

Brrrr, it's cold this morning, don't appreciate having to ice-scrape before I come to work. It's 2 C apparently. Just warming my hands on a cup of tea. I hope you're all well and enjoying sobriety as much as I am.

WWG, great stuff choosing comics over booze, I'm proud of you.

Hi Harley, you're just doing so well so keep it up.

Hi Midnight, I hope you got some sleep last night after staying up so late. I'm glad to see you're sounding happier and I hope you're feeling that way too.

Hi to everyone else, I'll catch up with you all later, I'm sure.

Stay safe and sober

JUST FOR TODAY, I will live through this day only. I will not brood about yesterday or obsess about tomorrow. I will not set far-reaching goals or try to overcome all of my problems at once. I know that I can do something for 24 hours that would overwhelm me if I had to keep it up for a lifetime.
Thanks Grace, you are one of the reasons that I came back to the site. Your encouragement has helped so much. I need to work on getting over regrets, and move forward.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

WWG....good morning! Looking forward to another successful day.
Agree with you...Grace thanks for your support.

Jim
Old 11-29-2012, 05:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi all!
Jay, yes, more and more you'll see alcohol is everywhere, especially in ads, movies, common conversation. It is imbedded in society. Society is sleeping with the enemy. Ha. But eventually when you notice those references you will think: thank God I do not build my world around that poison any longer! (So sorry about those feet!)
FmFT: I know what you mean about the medicine and all the little nooks and crannies into which alcohol altered your every decision and remembering my twisted thinking still shocks me. Like I was always proud I drank at home cause then I wasn't drinking and driving. Ha. (Instead if thinking gee if I stopped drinking then I could drive anywhere, night or day. )
Mid: sorry for the sleep. I didnt sleep right for many months after quitting. But I just said it showed me how screwed up my system was from drinking and there was no way I was going back there.
WwG: Remember dwelling on regrets is the AVs way of getting you to feel bad or sorry for yourself so you drink. Don't fall for it. There is plenty of time later to look at regrets when you are stronger and your thinking has untwisted. Abstinence will cause sanity to be restored. The first 30 days is NOT the time to focus on regrets.
Good luck to all today. You hold the power. Make it happen !
Old 11-29-2012, 05:23 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Jim. You can do this. Give yourself no wiggle room. No room for excuses. There is NO reason to drink!! Drinking has NO reason!
Old 11-29-2012, 05:23 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

whoops
Old 11-29-2012, 05:32 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

13.20 and lunch time and I'm soooo tired.

Quick hi

Midnight, brrr that's really cold. We haven't had any snow up to now, but we had lots the last two years so I'm sure we have it to come. Arghh you've run out of coffee, I'm trying to give it up, I didn't drink it for years then started again when I gave up the dirty wine, however I'm so tired ( bad night) today I think I'll be having a few, when this jar ( little jar) has run out I'm not buying anymore.

Thankyou WWG, that's a lovely thing to say. I found a quote for you about regrets, I've also copied on the 'Undies' thread. Hope you like it.

“Your best days are ahead of you. The movie starts when the guy gets sober and puts his life back together; it doesn't end there.”

Hi E.Q, we must have been posting at the same time, I love your quote 'society is sleeping with the enemy', what a good way of putting it. Love your festive avatar too.

Hi Sjim, good on you and thank you too, keep on going, no going back now.

See you later
Old 11-29-2012, 05:53 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hello Everyone

Good morning everyone, it's 845am and the weather is sunny but cool at about 2c. We are supposed to have snow tomorrow.

Havent slept very well the last couple of days but I think i'ts the Quality Street chocolates i've been eating in the evenings. I'm not going to embarass myself and tell you how many chocolates i've eaten, but it's a lot. LOL. So no more of that.

Midnight: no I didn't turn into a Harleypumpkin I turned into a nice person once again.

I hope you guys don't get tired of hearing this.. but.. this site and all you guys in particular have made a big difference in my recovery over the last 30 days. thank you, thank you, thank you - to you all.

You CAN do it, just like me. Have a good day everyone.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:10 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, again, under 30-ies.

I still have three more urgent deadlines to meet that require every minute of my time so I'm just jumping in when I feel like my head is about to blow up and I need a break. Good think about it - I have no time at all to think about thinking or drinking. It's day.. let me check my nutrition diary... day 46 for me.

WalkingWithGod - regrets are poison that paralyses our life. They keep us from moving forward. Imo, the tricky thing about regrets is that we often confuse them for 'soul work", we try to find answers in our regrets, but instead we find ourself trapped in this unproductive self-punishment. I believe there is big difference between analyzing our mistakes to avoid them again and plunging into regrets over and over. Regrets form a vicious circle: we start feeling so bad and disguisting about ourselves that feel like punishing us with alcohol. And that doesn't go anywhere. Well, to make my long story short I'll cite Henry David Thoreau: "Never look back unless you are planning to go that way.” If regrets are just unbearable make for youself some "regret time" during a day. Say, half an hour. Feel that regrets, get mad at yourself. Then when it's over say to yourself: "Ok, I've done my part of regretting and self-beating for today. I'm free to do something productive now. I'll get back to my regrets tomorrow".

HarleyDad - glad to hear that you are doing fine. And I absolutely agree with you - if not for SR, I'm not sure I could fight tough moments on my sobriety journey.

Have to go back to my flaring deadline again.

Best wishes to all. I'll check in later.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:24 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post
Hi, again, under 30-ies.

I still have three more urgent deadlines to meet that require every minute of my time so I'm just jumping in when I feel like my head is about to blow up and I need a break. Good think about it - I have no time at all to think about thinking or drinking. It's day.. let me check my nutrition diary... day 46 for me.

WalkingWithGod - regrets are poison that paralyses our life. They keep us from moving forward. Imo, the tricky thing about regrets is that we often confuse them for 'soul work", we try to find answers in our regrets, but instead we find ourself trapped in this unproductive self-punishment. I believe there is big difference between analyzing our mistakes to avoid them again and plunging into regrets over and over. Regrets form a vicious circle: we start feeling so bad and disguisting about ourselves that feel like punishing us with alcohol. And that doesn't go anywhere. Well, to make my long story short I'll cite Henry David Thoreau: "Never look back unless you are planning to go that way.” If regrets are just unbearable make for youself some "regret time" during a day. Say, half an hour. Feel that regrets, get mad at yourself. Then when it's over say to yourself: "Ok, I've done my part of regretting and self-beating for today. I'm free to do something productive now. I'll get back to my regrets tomorrow".

HarleyDad - glad to hear that you are doing fine. And I absolutely agree with you - if not for SR, I'm not sure I could fight tough moments on my sobriety journey.

Have to go back to my flaring deadline again.

Best wishes to all. I'll check in later.
Thank you for the advice. I guess I will never move forward if I am dwelling on the past.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:09 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi Harley

You've got similar temperatures to us then at the minute.
Quality Street eh! Yum, save me the ones with nuts in.
Hope you keep popping in here to help the newer members, the more support the better.

Midnight, you're doing so well, day 46 is amazing, just make sure you get some time for you, you need some rest and some pamper time.

WWG, we can't live in the past, that's gone and what's done is done. It's today that you can make a difference. What are you going to do over the next few danger days? What plans have you made to keep your mind off the evil beer?
Old 11-29-2012, 08:35 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi all... Just checking in.. Sounds like everyone is doing OK...

Hope you all have a safe and sober day!!!

Love you all,

Wifi - d6
Old 11-29-2012, 12:32 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Just wanted to check in here. I've been reading this thread from time-to-time. I was a daily drinker for 10 years and a weekly binger (2-3 times per week) for the 20 years before that. A severe panic attack put me in the ER and that was my "Day One". That was over 3 1/2 years ago. I remember those early days very well. I thought it was a miracle to string together more than a few days, let alone a few months or a few years.

Congrats to all of you here fighting through day by day. Believe me, the longer you remain sober, the better your life will get. I know it seems hard to believe now, but eventually the time will fly and little by little your cravings will diminish and being sober will become second nature. I thought I'd drink until I was dead...glad I chose to live instead. If I can do it, so can you!

Have a great day, all
Old 11-29-2012, 12:49 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

I used to regret stuff too - so much so the anxiety and guilt would make me drink again.
Crazy.

The past is closed to us. We can't change a single second.

Wringing our hands over that is really wasted energy - energy that we could use to do good today and to stay sober.

The best way to get over regrets is not do the stuff you regret again

D
Old 11-29-2012, 12:59 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

FormerBeerLover, thank you so much for that wonderful post! I am not quite ten months sober, and it really helps me to hear from people like you who are ahead of me. That is why I know it helps these under thirty folks to hear from us!!

And the first thirty days seem like such a miracle. I never ever thought I could quit drinking. It seemed like an immovable mountain. I had just accepted that I was a prisoner of alcohol and would have to make the best of it... Isn't that SAD?

And isn't it wonderful how NOT true that is now!!