Notices

"30 Days and Under Part 3"... Come & encourage them!

Old 12-30-2012, 12:04 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Thanks all for your kind words... My son came by this morning but still doesn't get it... We gave him some gas and a meal so he could get to a friends and do some soul searching... He is still not willing to drug test or live by our rules so he's on his own for now... I hope he gets it...

MidnightBlue - Thanks for the kind words and I loved your untraditional snowman...

Dee - Thanks for the heads up on the family support threads. I'll give them a look.

rochele - Sorry to hear about your bro-in-law... Addition is such a killer... It affects the entire family and beyond... I'm glad your here staying sober.

Gwillikers - Congrats on taking the first step. Stay strong and come and post often... The first few days for me are always the hardest... Hang in there! Come join us in the Class of December thread as well!

Stevie88 - Thanks!!! Congrats on 24 days!!! AWESOME!!!

EternalQ - Thanks for the link and your kind words... I really appreciate your support...

Grace2 - So sorry to hear about your dad. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!

Stillhere12 - Welcome to SR!!! We are glad you are here... Come join us in the Class of December thread...

FMFT - Thanks!!! Stay strong and stay sober...

HarleyDad - Thanks for stopping by!

Junebugapril - Good to see you rooting us under 30's on! Keep up the good work...

Big shout out to anyone I may have missed!!!

May you all have a safe and sober day!!!
Old 12-31-2012, 12:30 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Day 25 just starting....Wish you all a good day and a sober New Years Eve...
Old 12-31-2012, 03:58 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Good morning Unders

I'm in work today until 14.00 and catching up on a few posts in between the calls I need to make! I phoned my Mum earlier and Dad is up and dressed and has eaten his porridge, though she said his speach is very jumbled. I'll call and see him on the way home.

Wifi, stay strong and don't let him talk you into backing down, drug addicts can be very convincing with their lies. Let him know that you love him but he needs to prove to you that he is changing his ways, actions speak louder than words.

Steve, I'm so proud of you. You have a good day too and a good sober night and enjoy your work tomorrow. New year, new start!

I hope you've all planned how to deal with the celebrations tonight, I've planned a quiet chilled out evening, may get a take away, bath, p.j's and read.

Stay safe and sober

Just for today I will try to live through this day only, and not tackle my whole life problem at once. I can do something for twelve hours that would appal me if I felt that I had to keep it up for a lifetime
Old 12-31-2012, 08:09 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, under 30-es. New Year is just around the corner. I hope your “sobriety army” is on full alert and is ready to keep away AV and temptations.

First thirty days of sobriety aren’t piece of cake, for sure. You know, I think that sobriety is like a gold deposit in some way: you know it’s here, you know you own it, but you have to dig and work hard to get to it, hold this gold in your hands, and get the best of it. Sometimes rock is hard, drill rod is broken, weather is terrible, mining machine is stuck, and all the circumstances are against you. But if you see your goal and keep digging, you’ ll get your gold.

WiFi - It’s hard even to imagine what you are going through now. I wish I knew right words to ease your pain just a little bit, but I don’t(( I do hope that your son will find the way out of the situation he is in now, and better times will come for you and your family. Hold on. We are here.

Grace - I’m glad situation stabilized. You deserve some time for yourself now. Take care of yourself. You are my inspiration.

GWillikers - welcome! And you can take my word - it is getting better. There are very few triggers now that can bring urges to me, while at the beginning everything was a trigger. And I’m having more fun sober if compared to “wine times”. Just give your body and mind to recover and sort it out.

Forme - Hi to you) Leave all the regrets in 2012 and take gained experience to the New Year. You are stronger now than you were before, and you know when to watch out. You are making progress, and that matters. Take care)

Stillhere - welcome to the thread and congrats on your days of sobriety. Keep posting)

Eternal - my dear SR friend, your help was tremendous in my early sobriety. Being thousands miles away, I felt warmth of your words. Thank you for being here and great support you are giving to newcomers!

Junebug - glad that you found better doctor and got a propert treatment. I wish you great health in the New Year!

HarleyDad - nice to see you! Have great Sober New Year)

Stevie - you are doing better and better. Keep it up. I’ve pigged out on ice-cream today, not jealous any more)

SoberJim - hold on. Whatever happens, drink makes it just worse.

So, Happy New Year, Under 30-ies, and my little NY message for you:

You’re “Under thirty” on the route
That’s full of traps and sirens’ voices.
You’ve left your drinking hell for good
Being strong and making better choices.

Sometimes life tests you to the limit,
Sometimes you wish that you were drunk,
Sometimes you don’t believe you’ll win it,
And plunge in powerless funk.

Whatever test life keeps in store -
It’s better faced when mind is clear,
And you are not trapped any more
By shame, hangover, and fear.

I wish you sober New Year,
Let peace reside inside your soul,
Whatever happens - welcome here
And keep in mind your sober goal.

Old 12-31-2012, 08:15 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

I'm not sure where to post, but feel like I need to.

I first came here a year ago and didn't drink for a month or so. Then I started drinking a little ... which became more of course. My wife and daughter have been out of town for a week with my son and I at home. I was looking forward to the alone time, so that I could drink whenever I wanted without having to hide it. Odd, but the time of quiet has been good for me.

I'm 52 and don't want to live like this anymore. My drinking has been less this year than in the past, but the trend isn't a good one. I hate having to hide my drinking. I hate hiding bourbon bottles in the recycling bin each week. I hate arranging my day around my drinking. I'm just tired of it all. I don't know how far I'll be able to go, but I'm taking that first step and will not drink today.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:53 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Grace, I am thinking of you and your dad. Glad he is home and doing a bit better. Hugs, sweetie.

Midnight, thanks for the lovely poetry!

Great on 25 days, Stevie!

June, you keep on rocking it! You are full steam ahead on the sobriety journey! Well done.

Wifi, still hoping your son comes around and figures this all out while he has his life ahead of him. How we wish we could give our children all of our wisdom learned the hard way, so they never have to do the same.

Everyone, have a sfe, sober, HAppy New year.

Dee, thanks for supporting everyone on this forum!
Old 12-31-2012, 09:17 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Wishing you all a happy and sober 2013.

We may be having visitors this evening, so I'm getting my wishes in now.

Lovely post Midnight and the poem is beautiful. Thanks for your kind words, they're very much appreciated. You take care too.

Whoday, welcome back, you've done the right thing and just in time for the New Year. New Year, new start. Be gentle on yourself, take it one day at a time and post and read here as much as you can. You're not alone, we're all here for you 24/7.

Thanks Rochele, he's not good but at least he's at home and loved.

E.Q, Dee. SJim, Steve, Wife, Forme, Harley and everyone else that I may have missed I wish you love, peace and happiness.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:36 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Good morning my fellow soberlings! I'm happy to report another successful evening without the bottle. I'm starting with friends and was apprehensive about bring away for new years (no escape route), but am feeling pretty strong in my resolve. Is it me, our are mornings a bazillion times easier to handle than evenings?.Conditioning, maybe? Less to do? Dunno.

Wishing you all a healthy, happy prosperous new year!
Old 12-31-2012, 10:08 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Hi all, Happy New Years eve on this side of the planet...

I hope all is well with everyone...

Grace/Midnight/Rochele - Thanks for your kind words, thoughts and prayers!

Welcome WhoDey... Join us... There is a better life waiting for you out there SOBER...

Gwillikers - Keep at it!!!

Everyone please have a safe and sober NY...
Old 12-31-2012, 10:52 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Hi all,

I'm new here and on day 5.

I've decided to stay in this evening on this site as after reading the posts I feel I am among friends.

Wishing you all a happy and healthy New Year.

xx
Old 12-31-2012, 11:29 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Welcome caz...You will feel right at home here....I know I do.....
Old 12-31-2012, 01:19 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Welcome Caz! Happy sober New Year!
Old 12-31-2012, 01:37 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Hi again

No visitors so what better way is there than to spend New Years Eve with my virtual family.Dad seems okay this evening apart from being very confused.com, he asked what the bus was doing behind the curtains in his living room! Bless!

Gwillikers, well done you on going it alone without the bottle, see you really don't need it, you survived, you haven't got a hangover and you're here with us. Stay close, a better life is waiting out there for us all.

Wifi, thank you for your kind words too, theyr'e very appreciated. Stay focused you and stick close, p.m any time you feel the need, we're all with you on this.

Cazi, welcome to the Under 30's and you've done the best thing for yourself coming here, you'll make lots of friends who understand how you feel, you'll get lots of support too plus a few laughs and maybe some tears. Take it one day at a time, baby steps all the way and read and post as much as you can. Day 5 is good, you can do it.

Hi again Steve and Rochele, enjoy your evening.

See you all in 2013 and lets make it a record sober year.

My love to you all. Sleep well.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:14 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome caz and whodey

and thanks Rochele

D
Old 12-31-2012, 02:51 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Happy New Year, beautiful Under 30s. How cool is this that we will be spending New Year's Eve sober? I can't remember the last time I didn't drink on New Year's Eve. I'm trying to get some festive food and drinks fixed up for a couple of friends that are coming over for food and movies. I feel like watching Rogers and Hammerstein musicals that are on Amazon Streaming like Showboat, Oklahoma!, Annie Get Your Gun. And maybe Barbara Streisand in Funny Girl. I hope my friends are okay with all the light weight stuff.

Thank you all for all the kind personalized words to me, I really appreciate that. I am very grateful to have each and every one of you touching my life today.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:17 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  
Administrator

time for a new thread

we continue here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rage-them.html

D