Notices

Class of May 2012 part 14

Old 11-19-2012, 06:14 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Lilac, you're right - we're a little backwards in this neck of the woods. If I want to use my cellphone I have to go outside and when driving there are definitely silent spots! It may be better further south but no guarantees.

Have a good trip and a great sober holiday with family
Old 11-19-2012, 06:15 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Everyone have a nice evening/night
Bloss
Old 11-19-2012, 06:51 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

Hey, Bloss. Noticing your sobriety date... That would make today 210 days (7 months) for you! Is that correct, sober mate? You know I've got this thing for celebratory elephants.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:03 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy Thanksgiving to all those leaving early

D
Old 11-19-2012, 07:59 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Very excited that you are going to toot the French horn again, FP! Music is so therapeutic. This little soberkitten loves to sing

I too have been missing Emily, where is our Em???

Glad to see some new faces back again. Hop on this crazy train with us! Wait, er, sober train....SJD and OLL, your posts about drama really hit me at the right time. I was thinking today how I have this low tolerance for frustration, and how it probably kept me drinking for a lot longer than I should. At times it really does not take much to throw me into a tizzy....now I'm not outwardly overdramatic, but I am guessing I let it build up and NEEDED that alcohol to give me a "release" - all it really did was kick that frustration down the road a bit and replace it with a whole new set of problems to deal with.
I found myself today IRATE about a couple texts/emails I received that said "how r u?" or "how are things going"? Really vague, one from someone I haven't seen in years....I get so annoyed because I think these types of attempts of communication are so lazy, it's like I am too lazy to ring you up and instead send an email...now as I am typing this I am kind of chuckling because of course my friend did not think this when she sent the email, right? She missed me and sent me a message! But I get so torn figuring out what to do - do I reply with a few years of updates in an email, do I tell her that I'd love to chat but email isn't the best way to catch up after 3 years, what do I DO?!!? And wow what big drama!

I've gotta find a better way of letting go / not overanalyzing (I totally do that way too much as well OLL) and sometimes I just can't "drop it". I keep obsessing. Posting this here has helped. Thinking it through has helped, talking to a friend has helped.

Jeni, you forgot to mention which Lionel Richie song was blasting when your son turned on the car!!! I hope it was "Hello" - super melodramatic and wistful!!! I love some Lionel as well!! Hilarious story.

Day 39....xoxo. Goodnight and keep coming back it works
Old 11-19-2012, 08:02 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Hello...is it me you're looking for?
Old 11-19-2012, 08:06 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

I could not help myself. Who knew there were dramatic scenes to help tell the story!!!?!?!

Wow, the teacher/student thing would not exactly fly today, would it? eek
Old 11-19-2012, 08:16 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Omg kitty too funny!!! Bahaha
Old 11-19-2012, 10:17 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Well this week at work has started in major stress mode. I'm back to 'one day at a time' thinking. It has got me through before.
Went to a meeting last night and shared, which is unusual for me but good I think.
This time last year I was in a very dark place. It might be old memories resurfacing that is adding to my general low mood, I don't know.
Meeting my sponsor tonight which I'm hoping will help.
Anyway...it will pass, I've learned that much.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:21 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

FP: Hi, it is soon, can't wait to see the elephant!!!!! So nice of you to remember everyone.

Bloss
Old 11-20-2012, 01:42 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Day 40 today! Also, very excited about Thanksgiving this year. I have so much to be thankful for. Everyone have a great day!
Lee
Old 11-20-2012, 02:20 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

still sober. I can't be bothered trying to count my days.

Still feeling terrible but starting to feel a bit better.

Jeni I call your Lionel Ritchie and raise you a Prince

Prince - Purple Rain HQ - YouTube

I was listening to this today on my laptop and someone walked past my window and cheered! Haha!
Old 11-20-2012, 04:13 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Lunch break here....you guys are so funny!

Prince?! No thank you, not my cup of tea at all.

My first true love (posters on bedroom wall, joined fan club etc) was....donny Osmond!!! Beat that!
Puppy love....ahhh
Old 11-20-2012, 04:50 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Sorry Jeni, I gotta stand with Jane on this one, I love me some Prince too!!!! I've seen him in concert a few times, can he shred on a guitar!!!
Old 11-20-2012, 05:02 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Really? He is sort of untidy looking. And then he changed his name to a symbol that couldn't be spoken or something. All a little odd.

Yeah I suppose he can strum a bit, but 'Purple Rain'....I turn that off when it comes on the car radio.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:41 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

I'll just chime in to echo the love of Prince. (or the artist formerly known as). Of course, my true love is metal. Really love to rock out to some Metallica!

Waiting for the hubby to shower so we can head to the airport. Already dreading returning from vacation. How pathetic is that?
Old 11-20-2012, 06:43 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Morning All:

Music can speak to us on so many different levels. If you're sad it can be sad, happy, whatever the mood, there's a song that will fit the moment.

Usual holiday antics going on here. I was going to post a long gripe about it all, but why bother. Same as last year, I will accept the situation this year (with boundaries) to safeguard my sobriety.

Lee: 40 days, well done!

Dee: Thanks for the T Day wishes!

Catch you all later,
Bloss
Old 11-20-2012, 07:03 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Jeni good luck with this stressful week. I'm so glad to hear you shared at your meeting!! Hope your meeting with your sponsor tonight goes well.
Bloss, grrrr the holidays. Your sobriety is the most important thing and guard it with your life. People fall ill all the time and if you need to make a quick exit, people will be sure to not someone with a stomach bug around.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:48 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

OneLessLonely: yes, if a situation becomes too stressful, exit time!
Old 11-20-2012, 04:40 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

Happy Tuesday, May mates! Should be a big shopping day in the food stores tomorrow, so I hope everyone is already stocked up or at least long on patience for those lines. Apparently, many department stores will be open on Thanksgiving. Can’t imagine how thrilled the workers must feel about that. Since I’ll be flying solo on turkey day, I may just pop in while everyone else is home cooking/eating and take advantage of the light crowds.

Teacher Jeni: Hope your school day is better tomorrow. Are you able to leave your work worries at work when you go home for the day? About Donny Osmond, uh, yeah… can we compromise and go for David Cassidy from the Partridge Family, maybe? Hugs to you.

Bionic Lee: 40 days, woo hoo! Nice job, good buddy. All healthy and kid cold free now? Hugs to you.

(((Bloss))): Feel free to gripe away whenever you want to. Us boaters have polished it to quite a high art. We’re always here to listen. Hang tight with us during these holidays. I have a feeling many of us will ramp up posting. Love to you.

OneLess: Thank you for your wonderful advice to our boaters. How is your day today? A bit more settled?

SoberJane: So happy that you’re feeling better. Your system took quite a beating and will take time to heal. I’m a huge Prince fan, too. Good choice! Totally my era.

Lilac: Have a wonderful time with your husband and family for Thanksgiving. We’re all here for you if/when you need us. And I’m with you, girlfriend, on digging metal. AC/DC is one of my all-time favs. Also groove to hard rock, rap/hip-hop (a shock from this DPP partner, right?), and had the car speakers cranked to ear-bleeding levels this week for “Sabotage” from the Beastie Boys.

KittyCat: Hugs to you on getting through those flashes of annoyance. Reading your post, I was right there with you when I’d experienced similar PAWS circumstances a couple of months ago. Sounds like your friend meant well. Perhaps you can offer to get together over lunch to catch up? I love your video! That’s a riot. Kinda creepy how Lionel keeps following that visually impaired chick around. And why does he phone her to sing the chorus and then hang up on her? Awesome.

Speaking of corny music videos from days past, I found this ultra-cheesy 1990's masterpiece from David Hasselhoff. Thinking he could have used an SR intervention from us May mates before crafting this gem:

Love and hugs to everyone in getting through the holidays in peace, happiness, and sobriety. Together, we can do this!