Notices

Class of May 2012 part 14

Old 11-22-2012, 08:53 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

PS to OLL --- I agree with the others who think your cookies look incredibly yummy!
Old 11-22-2012, 11:48 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Evening all.

Well done on your 4 months Em, so well deserved xxx

I'm sooo looking forward to the weekend. Got problems with staffing, got to call a meeting to solve a feud between 2 members of staff! For Gods sake, we are supposed to be there for the kids!!! Hate conflict, hate upset, hate the fact adults can't respect each other. I'm not terribly good at this kind of stuff, I would far rather deal with the most difficult and challenging child.
The 'new' me doesn't run from difficult situations though.
Going to mediate to resolve a conflict, couldn't have done that 6 months ago!.wish me luck!

I'm doing ok. Tired and heading to bed shortly.

Love you all loads xxx

Chuckled at the elephant in the phone box FP. Ingenious xxx
Old 11-22-2012, 01:44 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Jeni, good luck mediating the conflict! I am sure you can do it bit agree it's not fun and I can't think of anyone who looks forward to it. I hope you get a good night's sleep and just remember that after tomorrow comes the weekend :-)
Old 11-22-2012, 03:56 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Emily - Congratulations on 4 months of sobriety:day1:day6

Hope everyone had a nice thanksgiving. My husband refuses to take me to my service position at a speakers meeting tonight. There shouldn't be much traffic at 8:00 p.m on thanksgiving - so I am going to drive it! I have missed the last two thursdays due to my inability to get a ride.

Have a good evening everyone
Old 11-22-2012, 03:58 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  
Administrator

safe travels Tanja
congratulations Emily

D
Old 11-22-2012, 07:24 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Tanja, I hope the drive isn't too stressful. At least the traffic seems light this evening. I'm always amazed by your courage and am glad you're fighting your panic and driving to a meeting. I understand that must be very difficult!

Please be safe!
Old 11-22-2012, 09:24 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  
Sober Mammoth!

Hey, May mates! I hope you all enjoyed/are enjoying a lovely day in sobriety. Here's a picture from my Thanksgiving trip to the river earlier today. I was joined by a beautiful swan following along the banks.

Thanksgiving-at-the-river.JPG
Old 11-22-2012, 09:30 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  
Administrator

Looks beautiful FP

D
Old 11-22-2012, 09:35 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Hey Guys,

Moving is completed. I'm back with the parentals for the summer. I'm still sober, we went to a surf club (like a pub but for the beach) for dinner last night because Mum had arranged dinner with her friends that live in the area and I turned down a beer.

Emily congratulations on the 4 months!!!!

My mum mentioned on the car ride that the family have really cut down on the amount of alcohol they have been drinking so I'm feeling optimistic about what the summer may hold here.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:40 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  
Administrator

enjoy the summer Jane

D
Old 11-22-2012, 09:51 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Tanja-you are a very strong person. Real bravery comes from confronting your fears. I'm thinking of you lots x

FP-the pic was beautiful, Thankyou for sharing x

SJD- good luck with your sobriety now you're back home. Hopefully being a place where drinking isn't so high on the agenda will give you space and time to reflect on everything x

I am not looking forward at all to my day. I'm feeling very stressed actually and didnt sleep well. Breathless with anxiety isn't a good way to start the day. I've got to get better at this. I've got to learn how to manage people with understanding and tolerance because that's part of my job, even when they are intolerant and unreasonable people. Hmmm. Nearly the weekend....
Loads of love to you all xxx
Old 11-22-2012, 09:55 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  
Administrator

we're all with you Jeni

D
Old 11-23-2012, 04:34 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Happy Friday Mayans! I had a good yesterday. Did some volunteer work in the am and quiet turkey dinner in the pm. Was strange not drinking during parts of it. But I didn't really want to, to be honest. I had and have a lot to be grateful for. Have to work today (boooooo) so just a quick hello. Hope everyone has as good of a day as possible.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:07 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Good Morning Mayans,

Dee, Saskia and Jeni - Thank you so much for the support on my driving effort. I made it there and back safely It thrilled me no end! I am hoping to increase my AA attendance. Unfortunately, the meetings I like the best are during rush hour (not the best time to drive yet). Although, I woke up too early this a.m. I felt serene. Now, that is a first! It must be due to successfully driving and feeling a measure of autonomy that I had lost.

OLL - How wonderful that you did some volunteer work. I would love to do that. It is so good for the soul.

Jeni - As Dee said "we are all with you". Thank goodness it is Friday and you get an opportunity to relax this week-end.

Hope everyone has a good, sober day
Old 11-23-2012, 06:04 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Good morning, Mayans!

FP, beautiful pic! Thank you!

Jane, congrats on staying sober and it sounds optimistic with your parents.

OLL, good for you for volunteering yesterday. Sorry you have to work today but it will be the weekend so soon :-)

Tanja, woohoo! WTG confronting your fears! You should be thrilled! What you are doing is similar in effect to some of the desensitization work I've done. Very wise of you to avoid rush hour for now. You have an incentive to drive and it will get easier. You are incredible, my friend!

Dearest Jeni, I am with you today in spirit, sister. This type of thing may get easier but in any case, I know you will get through it. You are so brave to face things so squarely but please remember that none of us is perfect and we are all allowed our quirks and failures. You are a strong, talented woman and I think you have the drive I had for many years and so I know you will continue to make great progress!
Old 11-23-2012, 08:14 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Morning Mayans:

Thanksgiving is over and I am still sober....despite family tensions. Of course to cope I over ate, but will try to exercise more in the coming weeks. As the months pass, I remind myself of times I've remained sober for several months and then succumbed to the urge to drink. It is the giving in to the first drink which set me off on months/years long tangent of drinking. So, I just sign into SR daily to strengthen my resolve. I usually find/read something helpful and encouraging to keep on track...

Yesterday was hard for me, so many feelings, tensions, old family behaviors. For years even if I remained sober on the actual holiday, I would drink shortly after. I really don't have it in myself to start this process again, I'm too beaten down by this addiction.

Sorry people, just venting.
Everyone, take care, stay safe and sober
Bloss
Old 11-23-2012, 08:27 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Perfectly ok to vent here, Bloss! I think we need a safe outlet for our frustrations and all too human failings along with being able to celebrate our successes. Stay strong!
Old 11-23-2012, 08:45 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Thanks Saskia! It's hard for me to reach out, but I just can't do it alone. I'm so glad I stayed on SR these past months, even when I wanted to give up.

Take care
Bloss
Old 11-23-2012, 08:49 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Enjoyed Thanksgiving sober.....made me mad for 5 minutes that I could not drink normally like others then got over it!
Hope all is well. Day 43 for me!
Lee
Old 11-23-2012, 08:52 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Lee: good, bet you're not mad today, since you stayed sober! Hooray!