Notices

Class Of October 2012 Part 4

Old 12-02-2012, 12:20 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Octsober mates!

Redviper - I agree, it's been quiet here, but I think maybe it's just this time of the year, when people are chasing presents and preparing for Xmas and New Year celebrations.

As for me, I neither have fallen off the wagon, nor have stopped checking in. Day 49 for me. I just had so much work to do this week, with all the deadlines to meet working about 15-16 hours a day, that hardly had time to sleep and haven't posted much.

But I'm back! And congrats on... it should be your Day 62 today)

I hope other mates will also come back after all this Xmas rush is over.

My best wishes to all.

Have a great day!
Old 12-02-2012, 02:15 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

I guess this is day 63 now. 2 in the morning and dealing with my buddy insomnia. Been having dreams of riding in a bmx race. Guess that's better than a swimming pool full of booze. My area is in a state of emergency with a flood coming. My work is in the area that will be affected too. Luckily my home is on higher ground. Should know by noon how much of the city will be underwater.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:08 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  
Sober since October

I've been suffering from insomnia too recently, though never had drinking dreams. Hope, your area will not be affected much by flood. Stay safe and sober, Redviper)
Old 12-02-2012, 08:25 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  

I'm starting to no longer crave alcohol. This is a good thing. I just wish I could sleep and the headaches would disappear. The good thing I've noticed is my face isn't as red, in fact I look healthier. I keep reading that the healing process can take months if not years. It just feels like such a slow process
Old 12-02-2012, 08:51 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  
Sober since October

50 Days - it keeps getting better

Hi, Octsobermates! I'm starting Day 50 today)

Redviper - I don't crave alcohol either any more, there are sometimes hints of something like "it would be better with a glass of wine", but it's easy to control. Yes, recovery can be a slow process, I can't wait my dark circles under eyes to go away. But still, I think that we have been abusing our bodies for years, and it takes months to recover. Sounds like a fair deal.

My best wishes to all.

Have a great day.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:00 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Morning everyone

Just wanted to celebrate getting through the weekend. We had a big family weekend, dinner with the extended in-laws, and I didn't touch a drop even though i craved it quite a bit. There was quite a bit of tension at the dinner table and I don't deal well with that. My default setting is to bury my head in a bucket of red wine but that's not an option now so I just had to ride on through.

Had a bit of a reminder as well as to why it's worth working so hard on this - most of the tension was being caused by my brother in law who was drunk and being a total knob. I kept thinking "That used to be me". I'm so glad I don't have to be that person anymore.

Physically the insomnia seems to have eased (yay!) and now the vivid dreams are coming. Last night I was getting fitted for the world's ugliest wedding dress...
Old 12-03-2012, 07:26 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Hi class! Went away with the family for the weekend. Outside of our hotel room the view was busy streets, and my husband pointed out a bill board that said love. I pointed out the side of the Walgreens that said beer wine spirits. I'm day 63 and it seems to not be getting easier. I'm ok for today. Asking for help from the man above. Anyways had to check in! Best wishes to all of you!
Old 12-03-2012, 05:18 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Hello everyone. For some reason the desire to drink is beating me up. The first thing I thought of when I got home from work is pouring a nice zin and relaxing. But how relaxing is drinking for me? It never was just only one glass. But I'll have water and relax all the same. Stupid cravings pop up out of nowhere sometimes.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:21 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

RedViper,

Congrats on day 65. I have the same sobriety date of 1 October. Yes the cravings come and go like a you know what and sometimes they almost win with me, but so far have not caved.

Yesterday though I had a lot to do and hardly even thought of the booze--a good day.

I certainly know the feeling of the drinks right after work--that is a tough time.

Hang in there all--It seems to get better with time.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:43 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Hi, Octsobermates. Day 52 is over.

Redviper - I noticed that if I had cravings they start when I "romanticize' a glass of wine - that it will relax me, and so on. Body doesn't' want it but the habit is too deep rooted. Anyway, it's getting better.

My best wishes to all.

Have a great day.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:55 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Yeah those out of the blue cravings are a pain. I remember during my first period of sobriety I went years and years w/o cravings. Oh those were the good old days. The good thing is that I know i can get there again, we all can. It's really up to me and I am committed to sobriety this time around.

Day 65 for me also. My therapy sessions are really helping me. There is so much i am working on, so many issues. I did quite a bit of internet research and found a therapist that is perfect for me. She believes mindfulness based therapy is the best approach in my case. She had me order a workbook from Amazon which just arrived today. Can't wait to my next session.

Hope and strength classmates. This is way worth it.

Natalie
Old 12-06-2012, 03:23 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Hello All,

Well it is Day 67 and still on the wagon and wondering where this wagon may go.

RV, I too have trouble sleeping regular hours but the sleep I do get is a lot better now. This morning got up at 3 AM and hit the laptop to see what is going on in the world. I have been getting up early a lot.

I find my best times are early in the morning on the computer with my now pot of coffee and yes some cigs.

Hoping for another good day today. Yesterday the cravings were really bad again, really seem to come and go.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:19 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

I'm starting to not count days anymore. I went out to a sports bar with friends to watch football and I didn't even think about ordering a beer. Sobriety is getting easier and I can't wait to hit 3 months. I hope everyone is doing well, days 1 and on.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:56 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Morning all

Ick, had a drinking dream last night. I was out with my friends and gulping red wine like there was no tomorrow. However I was also getting acrylic nails put on (I am not a fancy nail girl) and singing lead vocals in a rock band (I can't sing a note) so I think we can comfortably say that was not a realistic dream!
Old 12-07-2012, 08:16 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Hi, all. I am not counting days any more either, but according to my nutrition diary it's Day 54.

I have no cravings, and I hope I will survive somehow all this 'New Year-celebrate-Champaigne- everywhere season.

My best wishes to all.

Have a great sober weekend.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:08 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Hey class! 68 days today. Feeling like horse crap due to. Strep throat and tooth extraction. A mixture of anxiety meds pre dentist appt and Vicodin post appt brought me back to the dreaded place I never want to revisit. Walking around messed up, visible to everyone else, as I am saying I am fine! Glad I don't ever have to go there again!!! Meds were necessary to get me to dentist and to relieve pain. Feel great otherwise! Certainly glad to be sober! People are noticing the change with in me and asking a lot of questions. I'm happy to offer my story, at my discretion. Life is good. Miss you all! Hope you are all well! Xoxo best wishes!
Old 12-08-2012, 11:22 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Just want to congratulate Fernanceman and LilGolden, both are fellow OctSOBER mates who hit 60 days today. Proud of both of you!!!!!!!
Old 12-08-2012, 02:00 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Greetings All,

Well made it through another Saturday. Kept busy with a few projects in the garage without having a bottle and beers. Boy I used to love
Saturdays--------------
Old 12-08-2012, 02:08 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  
Administrator

I love Saturdays again Flounder - I get that same sense of limitless possibilities I used to as a kid

...unless I get a Chore List lol

D
Old 12-08-2012, 06:02 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Decent Saturday here too. Took the clean mountain bike out to the blm land and rode. Came back covered in mud. I have a little bit of redneck in me that gets out from time to time. Now it's time for downtime and reading.