Notices

Class Of October 2012

Old 10-04-2012, 07:05 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Redviper View Post
Day Four! The cravings suck but waking up sober is refreshing.
Waking up sober this morning (Day 3) is the main reason I didn't succomb to alcohol tonight!
Old 10-04-2012, 07:08 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome JaiDee

D (no relation)
Old 10-04-2012, 07:13 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Iamready View Post
Today was a tough one..kept hearing on the radio different activities for thirsty Thursday! That used to be my excuse to drink today. Passed a couple of liquor stores and actually slowed down a bit. I kept telling myself you will have to start on day 1 again and remember how you felt on those days. Dropped my kids off at their activities an that's when I would go buy a pint. Instead left my wallet at home. I can't even tell you how his site helped. I was so determined not to have to start t day 1 and tell everyone ( not that anyone would judge) I'm just proud of my day 6 and want to get to 7! Well I'm home bound now with no access to alcohol (husband left for work with the car) so I think I'm safe.
"Thirsty Thursday"...just had me laughing! It's amazing how just a little deprivation makes our sense kick into high gear, whether refraining from alcohol, candy, etc...

This is my first time joining any recovery group. I am on my 3rd day (now night) alcohol free. The first 48 hours were the worst for me so I turned all my hyper energy into finally tackling my domestic chores.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:16 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome JaiDee

D (no relation)
Thank you!

3rd night alcohol free and just the existence of this group has made this evening wonderful for me. This is my first time to actively participate in any group. (I have attended AA meetings by sitting quietly in the back twice in 5 years).
Old 10-04-2012, 07:18 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Hi Jaidee and Lolalu Welcome
Old 10-04-2012, 07:20 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to you too LolaLu

D
Old 10-04-2012, 07:21 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cheese1 View Post
ok, so i have to omit, last night didnt go well,

im on day one again, sorry guys
Hang in there, and start fresh.

I am on day 3.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:26 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Neverthought View Post
I hear you both "Gotta" and "Soul".

SoulonFire, I would really consider getting rid of it! Get it out of the house!

I would buy a "pint" of Vodka everyday, but not have any other alcohol in the house. Otherwise, I would end up drinking 3/4 to a 5th or whatever else was available. I have no idea how I could consumed 3/4 of a bottle in an evening and go to work the next day, but I've done it.

I wish everyone the best!
One night as an undergrad, I forcibly gave away my stash of tequila, gin and any other alcohol. It's easier to remove the temptation out of your home completely.

Think, I may do just what you did and dump my stash this weekend.

This is my 3rd night and first attempt in a long time to become alcohol free.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:44 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoulOnFire View Post
Feeling nauseous, cranky, irritable...and just want to get the hell out of here. I'm in the same boat as you, cheese1.

Can't stop thinking about the plethora of bottles I have around the house at home. I haven't been able to pull myself to pour them out yet.
Day 3 and night for me. I, also, haven't gathered up the unopened bottles and (gasp!) give them away (yet). But, I will... I did do so once as an undergrad.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:05 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Welcome Jaidee and Lolalu and Red viper! Lolalu, I'm feeling you 100%! That drink sure makes things easier at home. On the surface.

Check out my smooth moves tonight ... I txted my husband that I wanted a drink. I was making dinner and that was "my" time. He didn't respond so I reiterated my desire without making any requests. This way I didn't really ask him for a drink so it wouldn't be my fault if he picked up some at the store.
I watched for his car wishing that he did go to the store and praying that he didn't! As he checks the mail, I see the grocery bag in his hand and my emotions are all over the place. He comes in and ... IT WAS HIS LEFTOVER LUNCH!

Ahhh... the mind games. I got to 30 days last year and I remember the cravings and triggers DO go away. It does get easier. It does get easier, It does get easier. It does get easier ... Sigh.

Praying for sweet, peaceful sleep for everyone tonight. Unless of course it's daytime where you are. If it is, be wide awake and refreshed!
Old 10-04-2012, 08:18 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Great to see so many newcomers. It's day 4 for me and a had a slight thought popped in my head about buying a half pint of poison. The thought wasn't strong and left almost immediately. I am very grateful for this.

I love this class. There is a lot of determination in this group.

Best wishes

Natalie
Old 10-04-2012, 08:20 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MyTimeNow View Post
Congratulations on your week! great stuff! I'll be there tomorrow

Ohhhh Dexter... my word it was good, I'm a bit obsessed! I might watch it again tonight. No spoilers from me - enjoy!

I need some other series to get into so can kill some thumb twiddling time if needs be - I'm thinking of Homeland, has anybody seen it? Is it good?
I love Dexter, too! I've read all of his books (he is a native Floridian), but haven't seen the show (was too busy drinking, then).

But, having lived in Miami the past 5 years I can attest that the Dexter book series is on point in capturing the Miami corruption and crime.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:20 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  
Administrator

I dunno how I missed your avatar Red Viper lol - welcome to you too

D
Old 10-04-2012, 08:26 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JaiDee View Post
I love Dexter, too! I've read all of his books (he is a native Floridian), but haven't seen the show (was too busy drinking, then).

But, having lived in Miami the past 5 years I can attest that the Dexter book series is on point in capturing the Miami corruption and crime.
Any Firefly fanatics out there?

Am currently on episode 16 of law & order season 2. Long way to go, love it though.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:33 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Morning morning marathon sleep, only had to get up twice for DD so that was cool.

Thanks Dee (of the creepy avatar!) ... getting there. I have to get out of this house today whatever, I know where climbing the walls will lead me and it won't be to the healthfood shop :/

liquid food styxfan? I'd go with soup or smoothies. I don't know why but I've just had a craving for Ready Brek with lots of sugar. I suppose that's a UK thing... cement mix in a bowl. Yum.

Ah Wifi, the first couple of days are SO hard, tonight's the night eh?!

Drink dreams here too Neverthought and Iamready - I was out with a friend last night and she feigned illness to leave early (we were the only 2 out?) when we got home she said it was because the emergency stretcher was missing and she wouldn't have been able to get me home as she knew I'd been drinking vodka before I left - fair do's to her!!

Welcome Stevie82, Avra, jaz, Lolalu, JaiDee, Redviper, and anybody I've missed - I can't keep up!

6.30am... tea's up. Have a great Friday everybody! (Where did that week go?!)
Old 10-05-2012, 02:01 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Morning all,

Welcome Redviper,Jaidee&Lolalu

Congrats on day 6Iamready and for not giving in

Styxfan,maybe try soups or broth/stew

Banshee,congratsonday 7&day 4 Natalie

It does get easier Forhim,good on you for not drinking

How are you MTN? good on you too for not drinking last night. hope you manage to get out today-least it;s not raining again!

Day 7 for me and feeling awful headaches,sickness,shaky,cold,think it must be flu-not related to drink after 7 days.Not felt this bad in years-it makes me wonder if drink masks illness and we lose touch with our bodies and when they are telling us they need looking after.having some food and walk will hopefully help.

Hope everyone has a good day
Old 10-05-2012, 02:07 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Avra View Post
Hi Jaidee and Lolalu Welcome
Just woke up (sober, hurray!) after 2 hours of sleep.

This begins my 4th day...

But, it is also Friday and the beginning of the Columbus Day Regatta weekend here in Miami (sigh.

Plan to go to the library today at 5pm and grab a book or two.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:13 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

hi jaidee,congrats on day 4. hope you enjoy the library-i've rediscovered my love of reading. having plans instead of drinking will help you this weekend
Old 10-05-2012, 02:14 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by justhadenough View Post
Morning all,

Welcome Redviper,Jaidee&Lolalu

Congrats on day 6Iamready and for not giving in

Styxfan,maybe try soups or broth/stew

Banshee,congratsonday 7&day 4 Natalie

It does get easier Forhim,good on you for not drinking

How are you MTN? good on you too for not drinking last night. hope you manage to get out today-least it;s not raining again!

Day 7 for me and feeling awful headaches,sickness,shaky,cold,think it must be flu-not related to drink after 7 days.Not felt this bad in years-it makes me wonder if drink masks illness and we lose touch with our bodies and when they are telling us they need looking after.having some food and walk will hopefully help.

Hope everyone has a good day
Good morning: JustHadEnough, Avra, RedViper...Dee74...

How encouraging that you are on Day 7 already!

Have you tried 45 minutes of cardio in the morning? It might help minimize the flu-like symptoms...

Have a great Friday everyone!

P.S. Last night, I spent some time reading through the threads for this October class. I'm new (first time, active participant in any recovery group), and just getting familiar with everyone.

I look forward to sharing strength and hope in our journey to sobriety!
Old 10-05-2012, 02:15 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome JaiDee

D (no relation)
That "no relation" made me laugh so loud. I think maybe being sober is not killing my sense of humor after all