Notices

Class Of October 2012

Old 09-30-2012, 09:54 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi actionpack.....
Old 09-30-2012, 10:01 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by justhadenough View Post
I'm on day 3 and was also holding off posting till today. I thought it would be better,being newly sober, joining the new thread where everyone's at the same stage,more or less.
Cool How's your Day 3 going?
Old 09-30-2012, 10:03 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gigabit View Post
Cool How's your Day 3 going?
Hi gigabit, just got up(UK)feeling better than yesterday thankfully!

how's your day 3 going?
Old 09-30-2012, 11:22 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Just woke up witht the worst hangover ever. The most ive been sober is 13 days but i keep messing up.

So i thought id try this, i feel motivated as its my birthday end of the month and it would be great to look and feel better by then. So i can start the next year of my life, happy, sober

Sobtober time
Old 09-30-2012, 11:31 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Uninvited View Post
Hi MTN. When I first saw this I did think that Dee would somehow ban you from not just this forum but the internet too. :rotfxko
You know! I had visions of every reader making drinking motions and nodding there head knowingly... she's had a drink and trying to take over

Originally Posted by justhadenough View Post
Morning all,

I echo Dee-fab to see so many posts already!

Good stuff MTN! Congrats on 7 days-are you feeling any better?

I'm on day 3 and was also holding off posting till today. I thought it would be better,being newly sober, joining the new thread where everyone's at the same stage,more or less.

Felt lousy yesterday but slept some and now up early and off to work later. Feeling better and compare to how awful I felt last Monday and never want to feel that way again.
Thanks JHE I'm actually starting to feel human, although only got about 5 hours sleep, I think the caffeine in the flu pills might have started to take it's toll, but hey, they're working so I don't care!

Glad you are having a better Monday morning than last week - hope work is ok for you.

A proper good morning to every body else Just a quick one, need to get car taxed online and get kids off to school/nursery.

Great to see so much activity so soon. I'm liking Octsober already
Old 09-30-2012, 11:41 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

....morning to all you guys getting up and starting your days

Cheese 1 - I've got a birthday this month too and its a reason for being here. Too bad about the hangover, I've had one today too but neither of us will tomorrow, yeah?

I'm at the end of my day and this is going to be the first testing moment. Usual is to head home to the empty flat, pour some beer on the day's hangover and chill out for a few hours relief from the pain of it. I live my entire day for these few hours.

Tonite's gonna be different and I'll be hanging around here for a bit.....
Old 10-01-2012, 02:31 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I feel fine at moment but i now, when i leave work tonight, ill struggle not to buy booze, i have to belive i can do this, ive dissapointed myself so many times. So good luck to everyone
Old 10-01-2012, 02:36 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

Struggling's ok cheese, so long as you stay focused and don't give in.
You have that power - and you have our support.

Things will get easier as you go along - just don't give in today

D
Old 10-01-2012, 02:39 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

October 2012-Ready

I'm ready for this. Day 1 is underway.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:41 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Good luck chipaway
Old 10-01-2012, 02:48 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Autobrew Anon Member

i made it thru the weekend
Old 10-01-2012, 02:49 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Well done gyspy
Old 10-01-2012, 03:11 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

...so how far thru your day are you cheese?
Old 10-01-2012, 03:21 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Its 1030am, i have work 1 till 930, id usually go buy wine on way home so, have packed a lucnch and intend on leaving wallet at home, its worce on my days of or early shift as i have loads of time to go back the shop, its a constant battle
Old 10-01-2012, 03:47 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cheese1 View Post
I feel fine at moment but i now, when i leave work tonight, ill struggle not to buy booze, i have to belive i can do this, ive dissapointed myself so many times. So good luck to everyone
Good luck Cheese!
Old 10-01-2012, 03:55 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

You can do this cheese. How about looking forward to getting home and having a nice early night? Do you enjoy reading or have any films that perhaps you could head straight to bed with?

I've been really lazy this morning - I'm calling it treating myself. Dropped DD off at nursery, got home cuppa and new season of Dexter, and I have just gotten out of bed after a 2 hour stint with my kindle... just looking round at the state of the house after the weekend and thinking hmmm. Oh well!

Well done on getting through the weekend Gypsy

Definitely hang round here tonight Canguy, think of all the money you could have saved by the time it's your birthday and how you could treat yourself...

I don't have any plans this evening, and zero money now I've taxed the car (grrr!!) so looks like it's SR for me too
Old 10-01-2012, 03:57 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

cheese, for what it's worth I'm trying to plan the evenings ahead. The idea being I just come back here and do it. And the plan isn't gonna happen if mixed with booze.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:57 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Greetings Sobtober! I'm coming to join you if I may.

I left my job late last year because I finally could not hack it with the booze and I have destroyed loving relationships to the point the only thing I had left was the thing I seemingly always wanted most. Drink. I was done with it in april but I have twice fell back in to day and night drinking hell.

I have broken free again and It feels good to have some life in me. I'm currently trying to start my life as a blank page. I do still have my profession, I have a chance to save myself back in the UK and start a new life but I feel like I'm in the last chance saloon with it, booze will ruin it all. I'm also starting to notice a yellow tint to my skin eyes and after the binges, that worried me, I would like to not go down that path

I'm on day four and I have a meeting for some volunteering coming up on thursday. Something to look forward too. I have some job applications to do also so I really need to be functioning to give myself a chance.

I have been back to try AA recently, I just don't think it's going to be for me. Who knows, I might go back again just for the chats and free coffee! I'm currently reading Alan Carrs Easy Way to Stop Drinking. I hope he can persuade me!

I have been reading this site with interest as always which is helpful. I really think engaging with this website is going to be my lifeline. I think I'm really in need of some friends and a comforting bosom to nestle into for the tough times ha! I'm going to be putting a lot of effort in Sobtober with you guys.

I feel pathetic that I have not been able to stop, I think I really need to make those thirty days...

Old 10-01-2012, 05:08 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I feel even my posts on here are, self indulgent pathetic and cringy! I'm gonna keep it simple from now on lol. Just posting that I'm not drinking yeh

My lack of any kind of life or friendships at the moment is a killer for me. There I go again...

If I can keep the drink out of my system I think I can feel a lot better about myself ang get somehere..

let's do it
Old 10-01-2012, 05:11 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hi Jim Jim

....interested in what you say about AA, I feel a bit the same way. I've been reading a buddhist interpretation of the 12 step thing which is interesting, it explains the significance of the steps in terms of that kind of teaching.