Class of February 2012 Pt 7

Old 10-03-2012, 04:41 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best of luck Orbea - hope you feel better too BF

D
Old 10-03-2012, 04:44 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

LOL, It's hugs, EQ. And, we are all sending hugs, Orbea. SO excited that you are getting this taken care of! I can't wait to see how much better you feel when it's all sorted out.

BF, I agree about seeing the doctor. Were you around last spring when I had my ulcer? It was horrible pain, and I was so scared! But, once it was taken care of, the difference was amazing. I'd hate for you to have an appendix story like EQ or have an ulcer turn worse, if it was something you could catch in time to take care of.

Wildcat, I had to laugh at you drinking cold symptoms away - because I've done that for years. It sounds pretty crazy, doesn't it? ;-)

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-03-2012, 07:07 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Getting Healthy

Scan done. Hopefully I will hear by Friday how many bad glands I have.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:43 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Orbea, well done for getting it done. None of this can be easy for you. But your persistence and self respect is something I admire so much.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:41 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Orbea hoping for the best!

What a long day. I am tired! Felt kinda anxious today and not sure what's causing it. Feeling any type of emotion makes me uneasy bc I don't really have any clue how to handle it. Hoping with time I will learn to cope
Old 10-03-2012, 08:50 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Bf, this is overly simplistic, but, I remember telling myself:
"EQ, if you just REFUSE to cope by drinking, then that is the only way you will finally force yourself to learn and practice new healthy ways to cope!!"
Old 10-03-2012, 08:55 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Administrator

it might be simplistic but, by golly, it works
All of us has an amazing ability to learn new things BF - you will too - stay with it!
D
Old 10-04-2012, 12:35 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Bf, I am going to take a leap here, so bear with me. I just heard about a book this week by Claudia Black, called something like: "That will never happen to me."

Apparently, it is recommended for people who are quitting alcohol, but have struggled with relapse. It is about 100 pages and it is for people whose parent(s) drink/drank. I was told it helps with understanding where you get stuck in recovering due to having an alcoholic parent. I was told that early relapsing can be overcome by recognizing these spots of feelings (like you described) that you do not know how to cope with. Again, I have not read it, but the person who told me about it is someone I trust. It helped them and helped many others they know too. Do you think reading it might be worth a try?
Old 10-04-2012, 03:26 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Getting Healthy

BF... Did you make it through ok? There were times after 30 days where I felt anxious. Exercise helps. Praying bedtime comes helps. I think it was paws and it's ugly head. See if you can read the book EQ recommends. We all hit a few speedbumps. It does get better.

EQ... I was researching last night about pregnancy and hyperparathyroid. Apparently it coulda killed both Superboy and I. He had a bunch of immunity issues including his 30 ear infections. The miscarriage rate is very high. Considering I have fertility issues it's a miracle baby all around!

I will post as soon as I hear anything.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:08 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Thanks for the advice everyone! I was finally able to fall asleep last night.

EQ I will look into that book for sure. Sounds like it could be a good one for me! Thanks.

Off to work I go.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:57 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Bf: good for you, bf. I hope you get the book. Insomnia and anxiety kicked my butt however i refused to let it drive my bus and you should too!!

Orbea, isn't that truly crazy that all that was influencing each other and you didn't know it. Even greater reason to kick this crap to the curb as soon as possible. 30 ear infections is enough to drive a Mommy mad as a hatter! And make your poor baby scream. Thats a lot of antibiotic too. Do they still do ear tubes now? Superbaby has truly earned his name. I am going to start calling you SM for SuperMommy!! Let us know as soon as you hear.

I have slept three nights now without any benadryl or melatonin etc. This is a miracle!! have been apraying lavender on my pillow and sniffing it till I fall asleep. I used to do that years ago till it began giving me extreme sinus pain akin to any migraine i have ever had. Then I was afraid to use it. It does congest me, but it is sooo worth it. I wake up knowing I dreampt.and hence went to Rem sleep land, and that sleep is sooo much.more refreshing. Last night i went to sleep about 1130. Up from 230 to 330 but I didnt care because i knew i had off today back to sleep at 330. I had.not set my alarm. Next thing i know I woke up at 1130 AM. OMG. The dog was snoring next to me. I think the lavender mightve put him out too! Lol

My bed comes this Saturday. So i need to finish some painting details in my bedroom today.

Tomorrow night I need to try and take apart this old bed myself. It is an old brass bed that is fitted together. I think one bang with the hammer might do it. Haha. I will sleep on the recliner Friday night. And I will lean the mattress and boxspring against the Bedroom wall and they will take it.

I am replacing the fullbed with a queen. I have all new queen sheets and pillows i can't wait to use. I sure hope there isn't any trouble for them getting the mattress upstairs in this old house. The new boxspring should come in two pieces. The memory foam mattress should bend... I hope!! Aaaack!

I don't want to jinx it but I am doing better than I hoped nine days out from the anniversary. I think it is the sleep helping. And i am being religous about taking my vitamins and supplements. Not eating sweets still. And having made plans with my Dad for spending all day next Friday with just me and him together helps. And Saturday we will all be together. But when we are all together it tends to upset me. So I hope I keep it together. I am thinking of making some homemade strawberry ice cream for everyone. It was my Moms favorite flavor.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:06 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Trying to stay positive and avoid guilt today. Also trying to stop taking everything personally.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:52 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Wise goals, TG. Only good can flow from them.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:11 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Redrum, Dee?
Old 10-04-2012, 05:13 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Administrator

all work and no play EQ...

D
Old 10-04-2012, 05:13 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

:rotfxko
Old 10-04-2012, 05:23 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Director's wife brought me non-alcoholic champagne for opening night! :') And my director's note was super sweet. Gotta stop crying & get on stage. Just a quick hello!
Old 10-04-2012, 05:46 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Bravo, Trigirl!
Old 10-04-2012, 08:19 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hiii. Off work and already in bed at just a lil past 8. I could not concentrate today. My mind was all over the place which made focusing on work difficult. Thankfully I have the weekend to rest.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:11 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Boozefree , i recall being at work and unable to concentrate in second month and some in third month, and thinking if this doesnt get better how will i ever function at work? It took awhile but it did get better though. Now it is dramatically better!

Hang in there. Remember your body is depleted especially of folic acid, magnesium, thiamine, etc. Why don't you start making sure you have a daily good multi vitamin plus minerals tablet and take it everyday? Even doing that, it will take awhile for your body to catch up, but it will.

Please don't let these things stop you from your sobriety. This is part of getting clean. If you don't muscle through now, you will have to all over again. So power through this part. We are here for you.