Notices

Class of February 2012 Pt 7

Old 10-05-2012, 07:18 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

EQ thanks for the advice. Totally had periods at work today where it was like duh I know how to do this and felt kinda dumb while trying to do routine stuff. The vitamin thing is a good idea! Will have to wait till I get paid again next week.

I haven't really been hungry either. Haven't eaten dinner at all this week and could barely eat some crackers for lunch. Watching a lil law. And order and going to sleep early.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:34 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Getting Healthy

EQ- SB has had 3 sets of tubes and he's not yet 3. His 3rd set is non functioning. I am trying to get into ENT this coming week bc his deductible is met and insurance is gonna be more $$$ next year.

My parathyroid scan came back with an adanoma, so that's really no surprise. It's lower left side, so at least they have a location. If I have more than one the scan didn't show it.

BF how is your Saturday so far?

It seems like the farther into sobriety I get, the more I realize how deep I was in that dark place.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:17 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Good morning! I was out all day yesterday and so tired today! Think I'll hang at home today.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:46 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Getting Healthy

I'm assuming all is quiet bc everyone is out enjoying the great weather. Finally cooler temps in the ATL. We went to the zoo. We buy the annual family pass...one of the best deals in town! Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 10-07-2012, 05:27 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

How long do you think it will take before nice restaurants don't make me crave a drink?
Old 10-07-2012, 05:31 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Dee, how does that surfing thing work again?
Old 10-07-2012, 05:45 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Administrator

I couldn't explain it any better than these links TG

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...e-surfing.html

but to me it's taking the imperative out of the craving. I spent years reacting to my cravings like Pavlov's dog...when I learned to observe them with a little distance, to surf through them I found that I didn't need to act on them in order for them to go away.

As for restaurants - I stayed out of restaurants until I knew that no external situation or company I kept could influence my determination or recovery.... so I'm afraid I have no experience to share.

I went back to restaurants at about 4 or 5 months I think. I could have gone earlier I reckon but I'm not a big restaurant guy

If it's a problem for you, can you avoid restaurants for a while?
D
Old 10-07-2012, 05:53 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

I'm already at 6 months. Guess I can't keep punishing the whole family forever. :-(

I'm going to read those links and check in again when i get home. Thanks for being here. :-)
Old 10-07-2012, 06:23 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Getting Healthy

TG disn't realize you were in a rough spot :-(

Dee thanks for surfing with us!

Where is EQ?
Old 10-07-2012, 06:31 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Administrator

Well, it's different for everyone TG - I really worked on not drinking and being happy about that those few months....

there's no road map to tell us how long it might take to get to that point.

D
Old 10-07-2012, 07:17 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

I'm here just busy, tired, drained.

Had a family portrait today of all days, when i am mad at half of them. Lol.

Retail therapy for new bedding for new queen bed so when boxspring comes thursday i can smack the whole thing together.

My daughter had a week of medical concerns. It has been very stressful for her and hence for me. Cardiology, echocardiagram, blood test for heart attack. All negative. She is 30. I pretty much knew she was ok but her drs were cautious. She is still freaking.out. Has always been anxious about medical things. Tonite it was: what if theyre wrong?, etc. lol After much talking tonite she was better. I made her go have chamomile tea stat. She said "thanks for talking me off the ledge." She is such a strong.woman in so many ways but hypochondria is definitely her achilles heel.

Remember my Godson's bdy party last Sunday I skipped? I learned today he and his wife miscarried their baby at three months. : (

I expect I will not post much this week so just be patient with me. Don't have much to give. But I shall lurk.

Orbea, have you heard more?

TG: Just when you think it is safe to go back in the water... da da da da ..(jaws theme). I don't know.. sometimes restaurants / gatherings don't bother me in the least. Other times its like OMG. I'm just trying to be less shaken by it when it does. Alcoholism is a chronic "illness". It flares, especially under stress. Hope the production went well?

Dee: thanks for everything.

Bf: keep it up.

WC: Taking care I hope.

Take care, all. xo
Old 10-07-2012, 08:45 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Administrator

Take it easy EQ
Sorry about your godson, but I'm glad your daughter is OK

D
Old 10-08-2012, 08:26 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Hope everyone is ready for the new week!

Orbea, I am anxious to see what a difference your surgery will make. Wish I was closer and could help out. And we know how super superboy is! Definitely s miracle all the way around. :-)

BF, I'm so glad you're hanging in there! It does my heart good to see your posts every day & remember.

EQ, I'm so sorry to hear about your godson's baby. I'll bet that messed with your emotions around the party too. I hate that your daughter had to go through all of that too. They really DO scare the pants off of you with that stuff. When i had my ulcer, they did all of the heart stuff & kept going on & on about heart symptoms being different in women. It definitely scared me a bit. I can only imagine how she felt since she's already prone to hypochondria. I hope you won't go away too far this week. I think your presence is plenty to offer. It seems like an EQ once told me that I should post even when I don't feel like I can be positive... ;-)

Orbea, I didn't know I was struggling either. I've been doing so well with being at peace with not drinking - amazingly well for being at the theatre so much! I was looking forward to a nice family night after the matinee yesterday. I turned down an invitation to bring the family to a nice Italian restaurant with some other cast members & their families. I didn't want to risk going to a crowded nice restaurant, getting overwhelmed, craving, and ruining my family time. I suggested getting something quick to eat so I wouldn't have to do any big cooking. I thought we might play a game if there was time, and was going to get everything ready (homework, lunches, etc.) so that the kids and I could have a good morning on the way to school. My son's perfectionism is really causing him to struggle this year, and he frequently has morning meltdowns on the way. My husband immediately suggested the other nice Italian restaurant in town. I said it didn't really sound good and that I'd rather go somewhere quicker & not so nice. I guess his heart was set on it, because even after suggesting other places, in the end, he let the kids choose between that and another restaurant. I ended up sitting in the Italian place in a foul mood, ready to steal wine out of the bottle that was right beside our table, while we waited a ridiculous amount of time for our food. I was messaging you guys from the bathroom. Thanks for being there. In the end, we got home at the kids' bedtime, I got nothing done, the good feeling I have been having about my relationship with my hubby was gone, and I just wanted to go to bed.

After another meltdown morning today with my eldest, I got another book on perfectionism in kids from the gifted teacher. I am still waiting for my meds to get approved by insurance. I'm hoping that having myself in control will make it easier to help my son through this.

Sigh...way more than anyone wanted to hear on a cold Monday morning...
Old 10-08-2012, 01:34 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Getting Healthy

That med I was prescribed had to be pre approved too...
Old 10-08-2012, 08:42 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Just leaving a Barbara Streisand concert!!!

With my fave Chris Botti!! (who seeing live was on my Bucket List. Oh and he is also my next husband...) He is the best trumpet player in the world.

It was UNBELIEVABLE. She sang for over three hours.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:44 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Jealous!!! :-)
Old 10-08-2012, 08:53 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

To add to it she had her son come out onstage and sing with her, and three italian tenors, and the entire brooklyn children's choir.

And my sister bought my ticket. Sorry to go on. But it was the best thing to happen to me in awhile.

I am over the moon that Chris Botti was there. I didn't know he was her guest till we were driving there.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:51 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

EQ that sounds like a really fun concert!!

I had a busy day at work then after went and picked up a new iPhone! I've been due for an upgrade for awhile so I finally decided to get the new one. It's nice to have a working phone again. My dog sunk her tooth right into the Camera on my old one.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:57 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Thats a cool phone BF!

I now as of midnight here am eight.months sober.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:15 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Congrats, EQ!!! Wow, that's gonna turn into a year before you even know it! :-)

Have fun with the new phone, BF. That always keeps me busy for quite awhile. :-P