Notices

Class of July 2012 Part 3

Old 08-06-2012, 09:09 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

Congrats to everyone on their milestones!
Old 08-06-2012, 10:23 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

R4R - soda water and seltzer water are the same thing in my experience. Just make sure you get the type without sodium.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:30 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Hello July

i'm still here as well. I'm going into my 3rd week and loving it. Only had a couple temptations, but they were short lived. I enjoy reading everyones posts, you guys help a lot. thanks.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:04 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

First of all, congrats to everyone! it's heartening to read about all these stories and thoughts and progress. So many good posts these days, it's amazing.
I'd like to answer everyone personally, but I don't have much time, I need to sleep cause tomorrow morning I'll go pick my girlfriend up at the airport!
So I just wanted to tell you all how much I like reading your posts and how much they move me and help me, and how amazing this class is. It's nice to help and get helped in the same time.

I may not be very active for a couple weeks, cause I'll be on holidays with my girlfriends, and I'm not sure if I'll get an internet connection. I know my girlfriend is gonna be very supportive, but I'll come here as often as I can/need, and I'll try and let you know how it goes.

I was wondering... Did anyone get some news from MTN? I think her last post here is already a few days old.

Day 21 for me today, 3 weeks already, and the next few weeks should be easier than July.

Keep the faith, we can do it, and we're actually doing it together! Sober is the new cool!
xx
Old 08-06-2012, 03:43 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  
kiddo

Got to a month yesterday after almost slipping up the day before. Lucky for me the chemist was closed and I took that as being something telling me not to go. My parents asked if I had relapsed, to which the answer is a big NO, but they said 'I was acting funny the other day' which was probably because I was actually happy after spending years deadening all my emotions.

Oh well, still a giant pile of frustration and anxiety going on here. Hope everyone else is doing well!
Old 08-06-2012, 03:44 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Marjoram, your words are comforting. It's true as long as you don't give up, a slip is just a slip, and if you stay with the same people, it'll help you go back on track quickly.

Obladi, thank you for your kind words. It is true I'm always reminded of what alcohol is and does to people, and though it's tough, it's also very good. I came to think that maybe being a musician actually helped me realize I have a problem faster, which is a good thing.

TodayisGood, I too love the idea of being able to party like everyone, but with clear ideas and emotions. It's not gonna be easy though... Got to get rid of social fears, shyness, etc. But it's an important goal for me.

R4R, lwb, jhe, I'm afraid there's not so much choice of sparkling water here! Even Canada dry would be hard to find. As for root beer, it seems so typical american! I taste it once, and didn't like it (but it always takes time to get used to a new taste for me)

Ok, I'm going to read, good night/day everyone!
Old 08-06-2012, 05:24 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

Have a great time with your girlfriend, Sentso! Your holiday is well deserved!

Sent a friend request to MTN to see if she wanted to chat one-on-one with someone but I haven't heard anything back - I hope it went through and I hope she's doing OK.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:49 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Way to go, Emma.... 1 MONTH!!!!!!

And 3 weeks for Sentso! Have fun getting away. Rest and Relax.... soberly, of course

Had some good prayer for inner healing stuff at church today... can't believe how much shame has been a part of my life. Went to another meeting.... not bad, but it was a long one. Time to go to bed.

Nite all
Old 08-06-2012, 06:52 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations Emma

D
Old 08-06-2012, 07:04 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Justhadenough, yes, I'm still VERY tired. I need regular naps and that still doesn't really do it. I'm a night owl and can't force myself into bed early. Not drinking has added time to my nights which feels like a really nice bonus

I literally got handed a drink tonight after work and declined it. My stock answer is "I'm trying to be good" followed by "It's realllllly hard" which usually gets a laugh and puts an end to the cajoling. I think I'm getting addicted to ice tea

Sentso, enjoy your time with your girlfriend! Hope you can sneak on here, we'll miss you and your posts!

Emma, big congrats on one month!

To those "lurking" sending encouragement to you. Stick with us, we are making good progress here!
Old 08-06-2012, 07:17 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Congrad's Neil on your 30 days. Mine will be coming up the 12th and I'm looking forward to it. I cannot believe how much better I feel from the time I had my first day here. I was so miserable depressed and just feeling absolutely awlful. It's funny how things change in such a short amount of time. Have a great evening everyone...
Hugs, Myjourney4me
Old 08-06-2012, 09:14 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Day 12 was a stressful day at work. A few short weeks ago, drinking heavily - - perhaps even to the point of inebriation - - would have been a default strategy for dealing with the day.

The body aches have been bothersome and I somehow feel worse off overall than I did in the days immediately following my quit date. I realize that this is common though, and I rarely think about drinking my way out of this hangover-like state.

Thanks to all of you on SR for your advice and words of encouragement! This community has been a godsend to me.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:31 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Sentso-have wonderful holiday-it is very well deserved. stay strong-I'll miss you!Congratson 21 days

Emm-congrats on 1 month

Koalabear-welcome back and congrats.

And to all the lurkers stickaround and stay strong

Thanks NFW-it's strange,even though I'm sleeping so well I'm still tired

I sent MTN a pm too LWB but not heard back.I hope she is ok

Congrtson 2,3, & 4 weeks Koalabear, Mtn & Smitty

Congrats to everyone for having the strength to beat the beast and thanks to all for your continued support on here.

I'm going on hols at the end of next week with no internet access-I shall miss you all so much!
Old 08-07-2012, 04:10 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

jhe.... contrary to popular belief, there was life before the internet Take the time to get to know your new self and truly enjoy what's around you. All those things we took for granted when we were drinking....

mj4m.... thanks for posting... time went by a lot faster when we were drinking... at least now we can remember the time that does go by.

blue... does take time for body to adjust... it will get better. Maybe try some stretches to help with the aches?? You may be also be suffering from a bit of anxiety... the whole weird fuzzy head -- not-quite there state. Just my 2.5 cents...

NFW... good for you declining the drink. It's just so wrong when people put it right in front of your nose.... worse when they put it right in front of your mouth

Sorry, guys, weird sense of humor today... On one hand I feel better... getting some inner stuff worked out -- usually through a lot of tears (I so hate to cry - even worse hate to weep uncontrollably - but tears really are cleansing)... so dealing with a lot of loss and a lot of grief, isn't going to go away overnight. It's a process. I'm sleeping ok... but my head feels like there's so my pressure inside.
I didn't get my coin last night - my sponsor forgot to bring it. Sooooo, now I have to go and meet her at another meeting tonight to get it... I think it's a conspiracy to get me to go to another meeting....

Dee..... I really can't figure out your avatar .. a boy on a patched up boat.... hmmmmmm. Have a good night...

Have a really terrific Tuesday everyone! This day is ours.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:04 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  
TiG

Hello sober buddies! I'm running late, but want to post. Day 24. I've been tired too. Not enough sleep. Actually took a Benadryl the other night to make me sleepy. Also been irritable, so not sure what this is all about. Hoping this is just part of the body's response to seeing life outside the pickle jar.

Have a great day everyone! Thanks for your posts.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:33 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone,

My AV is getting quite loud the last couple of days and its a disturbing to say the least. There is a meeting tonight that I think i better attend, I didn't go last week and I feel a little on edge.

NFW - I'm also liking iced tea right now! That and coffee! I went to the grocery store looking for new and exciting things to drink, and i came home with a bag full of kool-aid, gatoraide, iced tea, vitamen water & coffee w/ flavored creamers. Oh! and popsicles! lol!

I though the beginning would be hard, but it seems the longer I go without, the more I feel like I'm thinking about it. I don't want to slip up so I'm going to be all over SR and AA like white on rice. I may get a little annoying...so I'm apoligizing up front.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 08-07-2012, 06:57 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LindseyMarie View Post
Good morning everyone,

My AV is getting quite loud the last couple of days and its a disturbing to say the least. There is a meeting tonight that I think i better attend, I didn't go last week and I feel a little on edge.

NFW - I'm also liking iced tea right now! That and coffee! I went to the grocery store looking for new and exciting things to drink, and i came home with a bag full of kool-aid, gatoraide, iced tea, vitamen water & coffee w/ flavored creamers. Oh! and popsicles! lol!

I though the beginning would be hard, but it seems the longer I go without, the more I feel like I'm thinking about it. I don't want to slip up so I'm going to be all over SR and AA like white on rice. I may get a little annoying...so I'm apoligizing up front.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Nothing to apologize for and you are not annoying. That's what we are here -for -to support each other. please don't suffer in silence.When the pesky AV rears its ugly head come here.

i love looking for new drinks too. I had no idea what a wide selection of non alcy drinks are available!
Old 08-07-2012, 07:12 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  
TiG

Lindsey, Any post is a good post. I need to read them to help me stay on track, so please air it out. Keep strong too! Sober is the new cool.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:30 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Really4Real View Post
jhe.... contrary to popular belief, there was life before the internet Take the time to get to know your new self and truly enjoy what's around you. All those things we took for granted when we were drinking....

mj4m.... thanks for posting... time went by a lot faster when we were drinking... at least now we can remember the time that does go by.

blue... does take time for body to adjust... it will get better. Maybe try some stretches to help with the aches?? You may be also be suffering from a bit of anxiety... the whole weird fuzzy head -- not-quite there state. Just my 2.5 cents...

NFW... good for you declining the drink. It's just so wrong when people put it right in front of your nose.... worse when they put it right in front of your mouth

Sorry, guys, weird sense of humor today... On one hand I feel better... getting some inner stuff worked out -- usually through a lot of tears (I so hate to cry - even worse hate to weep uncontrollably - but tears really are cleansing)... so dealing with a lot of loss and a lot of grief, isn't going to go away overnight. It's a process. I'm sleeping ok... but my head feels like there's so my pressure inside.
I didn't get my coin last night - my sponsor forgot to bring it. Sooooo, now I have to go and meet her at another meeting tonight to get it... I think it's a conspiracy to get me to go to another meeting....

Dee..... I really can't figure out your avatar .. a boy on a patched up boat.... hmmmmmm. Have a good night...

Have a really terrific Tuesday everyone! This day is ours.
very true R4R.I've just got ever so slightly addicted to SR!

I'm looking forward to a week away in a new place-peace
Old 08-07-2012, 07:43 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

LM.... don't worry about what you write... can't be more annoying than what we used to be.