Notices

Class of July 2012 Part 3

Old 08-04-2012, 10:33 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

LOL! Mine can watch golf until the cows come home...
Old 08-04-2012, 10:52 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Location: Las Vegas, Nevada... Originally from Cincinnati, Ohio
Day 35 today... I am attending AA meetings 3 or more times per week. I feel motivated and look forward to my meetings each week. I am still new but feel good... keep it up everyone! These forums keep me on track as well as the meetings. I am grateful I get to read everyone's stories!
Old 08-04-2012, 11:09 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

Congrats on Day 35 Ampsmarie!
Old 08-04-2012, 11:12 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Congrats on 35days Ampsmarie
Old 08-04-2012, 11:40 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

lwb, sorry you caved in, but yeah of course, keep posting here, and go back on track quickly, and maybe you'll feel a little stronger!

jhe, your post about your husband watching TV made me laugh!

MTN, I hope you're ok! Feel like typing a few quick words here? Come on!

Katan, day 24 is so cool! Day 35 is awesome too Ampsmarie! SR keeps me on track too, and for the moment I haven't felt the need to go to AA (though it's been on my mind for some time... I'll see how I feel in september)

Tomorrow is day 20 for me, and another complicated situation (London, gig late at night, kind of expected to be drinking) but I'll stay strong, even if I can't come here...

Keep it up everyone!
xx
Old 08-04-2012, 01:17 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

Originally Posted by Sentso View Post
Tomorrow is day 20 for me, and another complicated situation (London, gig late at night, kind of expected to be drinking) but I'll stay strong, even if I can't come here...
Sentso, congrats on Day 20! You've been in these situations all these weeks and you've come through with flying colours!! You'll do absolutely great in London.
Old 08-04-2012, 01:23 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lifewithoutbooz View Post
Sentso, congrats on Day 20! You've been in these situations all these weeks and you've come through with flying colours!! You'll do absolutely great in London.
Seconded Sentso
Old 08-04-2012, 01:38 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Originally Posted by justhadenough View Post
Seconded Sentso
I third it
Old 08-04-2012, 01:45 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Little better... went to go see my Sponsor - she was with her Sponsor doing a yard sale. It was just good hanging out with them. Of course, I took a klonopin before I left. I couldn't cope.
My therapist called and tried to work me in at 12:30 on Monday, but I can't make it until 1. He was pretty beside himself because he knows I don't call to make an extra appointment unless I'm really bad off. He said he'd call me if there was a cancellation.

Going to do nothing the rest of the day except chill out in front of the tv.

Amps... great on the 35!

Katan... also nice on the 24

LWB.... no rules - you can post here... we'll still accept you
Old 08-04-2012, 01:55 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

R4R, sometimes chilling out in front of the tv is a great idea. I'm in a blah mood - I may do the same. Hope we both feel better soon...
Old 08-04-2012, 01:58 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Ah ah thank you, it's very funny and comforting (in a geeky way!) to see those 5 "you rock" signs!

R4R, it's great that you could see your sponsor. I hope you can see your therapist on monday too, that would be great.

I've been listening to a lot of new music recently, and it's very comforting too to discover new things being sober, I can feel a deep connection with the songs, and I know they'll keep strong for a long time, cause I've already associated them with sobriety.

So I wanted to say: songs, books, movies, series, not only can they comfort you and help pass the time, but I'm sure they can really help you.
(Just avoid anything that could be a trigger... Ah ah no Bukowski!)

Tonight I'm doing nothing except chill out listening to music and watching series, and it feels good!
Old 08-04-2012, 02:21 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry you slipped LWB - I found it really important to respect my addiction...alcohol is alcohol and if the desire gets desperate enough I'd drink just about anything.

have you thought of looking for support outside the home at all?

R4R....1.11 am is a bit late even for me
I'm glad you're feeling a little better.

The one thing I've learned is that the only thing constant is change...I'm still not comfortable with that but I have learned not to fear it so much...the more stuff I go through the more I see I survive...sometimes even the worst things turn out to be good things in the long run.

in this case? Time will tell...maybe this is a ending, maybe not...it may be the start of a new chapter, or maybe there's things going on in your friends life that are not clear to you yet?

I've been sure of things...let them stew in my head, only to find out I was way off base and completely wrong.

I'm not saying this is happening here, but...I'd try and not to write the story in your head for now, y'know?

If you want answers maybe it's time to talk to your friend?
D
Old 08-04-2012, 02:48 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  
A girl can dream...

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
The one thing I've learned is that the only thing constant is change...I'm still not comfortable with that but I have learned not to fear it so much...the more stuff I go through the more I see I survive...sometimes even the worst things turn out to be good things in the long run.
It's all so true, isn't it. Change is good - otherwise we stay in the same place (or even go backwards).

I sat my husband down and told him that I COULD not and WOULD not have alcohol in house. I may think I'm strong but deep down I know I'm not - soooooo, I need to remove the temptation, period. I think I also hurt his feelings a bit when I said I was getting more support from everyone on SR than I was from him. Sometimes the truth hurts but he seemed to understand and accept this. I think that may have been the turning point in how supportive he's going to try to be.

On that note, I'm stepping out of my comfort zone. After several years of comtemplating, I've signed up for a five week course on meditation (just two hours a night once a week). Maybe it'll be a good way to focus on not drinking when the urge hits. I also looked up AA meetings in my city. I guess now time will tell if I'll get up the nerve to go.

Thanks all for the kind words when I blew it yesterday.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:17 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Dee.... she's not really going through anything in particular. It's just the way our relationship has been going for some time. It's time that I told her I'll be her friend, but that my idea of a best friend isn't where we're at anymore.

So many things going on in my little mind. Trying to stay positive, but there is a whole load of crap just under the surface ready to break loose.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:30 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  
Administrator

I had friends I thought would be in my life forever too R4R...that proved not to be the case...

but other people did show up in my life to take their place...and whats more is they better suit the person I am now.

I don't want to get too philosophical but I think it's all part of the great stream of life....loss, gain, change, renewal

D
Old 08-04-2012, 04:14 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

You are so right Dee, change is the only constant thing. You get things and you lose things and it's both painful and joyful, and often hard to accept, and often frightening. But I don't wanna get stuck with my own rigid self and the same old fears.

R4R dis you try to write down all that's going on in your mind? Not here necessary, unless you feel like it, but even just for yourself, on a paper or your computer. Sometimes once I start writing I can go on for pages without thinking really and then reading it helps in some way.

Lwb, good job telling your husband about it and taking up those meditation classes, I know it must not have been easy! I'm curious about the classes, let us know what you think!

Going to bed now, bye everyone, I hope I get some wifi tomorrow! I hope you're all ok. xx
Old 08-04-2012, 04:16 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you had a good day in the studio sentso

D
Old 08-04-2012, 04:21 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Yeah, Sentso... I did some journalling about the friend thing and also the mighty big issue I have with shame (that God seems to have his rather large finger on). I don't think I'll be able to see my therapist on Monday... but I am scheduled to talk and get some inner healing prayer at church on Monday evening. I'm sure it will help and probably also stir more things up.

Yeah, I know Dee... my therapist said I'm in a new season and maybe some people aren't coming into the new season with me.... how true his words proved to be. Already there are others coming into my life, but I'm not exactly a social butterfly....

Have a good night/day everyone.
Old 08-04-2012, 04:30 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Dee, it went very well actually! Its good to do both, gigs and recording, at the same time.

Good night/day!
Old 08-04-2012, 04:33 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think so too - the songs seem to go down on tape much easier )
(ok I know theres no tape anymore...I'm old )

D