Notices

Class of July 2012 Part 3

Old 08-12-2012, 07:28 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  
TiG

Marjoram: For what it's worth, your posts are very helpful because they are honest and reflect what most of us are going through. You don't come across as a broken record at all to me. If it helps, keep posting. Don't worry about the redundancy. I certainly do not want this group to become washed thin with glossed over, half hearted chatter. You bring a lot to all of us when you open up like you do, and it helps me work on doing the same.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:34 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

TIG - thank you. All I can hope in doing so, is it makes others that are out there struggling come out and talk about it, too. If I help others to realize they are not alone, I will do my best to keep posting even if they are posts I'd rather not make.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:35 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Crap, you made me cry.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:35 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  
TiG

MtnSeer: Howdy, and congrats on the 4th sober Sunday.

I've got to go now and get some stuff done today. Have a great Sunday everyone!
Old 08-12-2012, 07:40 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  
TiG

I'd cry too, but I'm a guy. My brother will tell everyone and I'll get picked last for the team. So, I'll just crank up the radio in the car and sing like a rock star going down the highway. A little air drum on the steering wheel too
Old 08-12-2012, 07:42 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Good Morning everyone,
Obladi - Thanks for the suggestion - I will look up the article. My husband has wracked up a lot of debt - we are separate at to property, cars, bank accounts, credit cards, etc - and he wants me to cover them. I think we should put the house up for sale, move to something smaller, and use the difference to pay off debts. He keeps "waiting for the money to come in"...but it has been many many years and no money has come in.
JHE - When I went back to work, I worked 9-1 so I could drop off and pick up. When she started full day, I extended my hours to 8:30-3:30, then 9-4, (no lunch hour). Did that till she entered high school! Now I work 9-5...
Maroram - hang in there..
Emma - I agree with Dee in that you need to take charge of your recovery.
R4R - Talking to husbands is really hard work. Mine has spent so many years either drinking with me, or watching me drunk that now he is not sure how to react to me. It is really hard - we also have this almost empty nest thing going on - first time ever we only have one kid around!
TIG, Blueshade, WillWait, Myjourney - nice to read all the posts.
Have a wedding today...planning on gallons (litres?) of soda water and gingerale/cranberry juice, etc..
Old 08-12-2012, 07:46 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

TIG - guys can cry....it's actually a good thing. But, I'm with you, blasting out the tunes going down the road is a lot more fun and therapeutic. I have three older brothers...and only one will show a tear. He's the one I'm closest, too. Not the one in VA. I love him, too....but not as close. Thanks for the laughs. I need them today.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:02 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

JHE - in answer to your question, I get headaches daily, along with waking to my brain feeling fuzzy/foggy. Unless it is raining or going to rain (I am prone to migraines), the headache clears within an hour or so. Good thing is they are not hang-over headaches, so I don't end up feeling guilt or remorse about anything I did the night before...these too shall pass!
Old 08-12-2012, 08:03 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Mtn Seer- congratulations of 4 sober Sundays! Nice to hear from you.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:04 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

JHE and Katan - last year I suffered from headaches for weeks, before they finally went away. They do go away. And I agree, they are much better than hangover headaches as you do not feel bad for them being self-inflicted. Your body is just trying to undo everything you've done to it. I always said those were actually "good" headaches.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:16 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Obladi View Post
Fixed.
Love your signature!
Old 08-12-2012, 10:19 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by katan View Post
JHE - in answer to your question, I get headaches daily, along with waking to my brain feeling fuzzy/foggy. Unless it is raining or going to rain (I am prone to migraines), the headache clears within an hour or so. Good thing is they are not hang-over headaches, so I don't end up feeling guilt or remorse about anything I did the night before...these too shall pass!
I get these too-some of them are worse than hangover headaches which is very annoying!
Old 08-12-2012, 10:33 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Does anyone remember the name of the diet and exercise tracking site that was suggested in earlier posts? I can't seem to find it again..
Old 08-12-2012, 02:47 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  
Administrator

We continue here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-4-a.html

D