Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Congratulations to all who are starting or returning to recovery
Old 07-28-2012, 10:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow, morning part 3

and everybody else of course! I need to go back and catch up from last night
Old 07-28-2012, 11:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Day 8!!! Relieved to have made it through my first week!!! It has definitely been a roller coaster ride and I have had my "white knuckle" moments but I am still here and I am sober!
Old 07-28-2012, 11:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Morning everyone

Tim-I think you should see your doc,if you haven't already

LM-sounds like you had a great day-keep at it!

R4R-at least you have recognized a possible trigger so can prepare and deal with it.good luck

Sentso-sorry you had a difficult night-well done for not giving in to the beast

LWB/Sarah-hope you are feeling better now,glad you are back with us

MTN-hope you had a relaxing day a yesterday

SBB-I hope the wedding went well and wasn't a struggle for you

Apologies if I've forgotten anyone

4 weeks for me today and the day dawns bright and sunny
Old 07-29-2012, 12:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on your day 8 MsApril! Great stuff

I did have a relaxing day yesterday thanks JHE. I've clearly been ranting further afield than SR... my mum has just picked up the kids for the day!! The're like buses these breaks LOL This one is completely unplanned so I'm a bit oo-er what am I going to do with myself...?

Congrats again on your 4 weeks!!
Old 07-29-2012, 12:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks MTN

I'm glad you had a good day-Enjoy your day today too-I always think help comes along when we need it.

DS is going off with his dad this afternoon so I'm off to the gym again!!

Congrats MSApril on 1 week!
Old 07-29-2012, 12:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Enjoy your afternoon too JHE Well done for getting to the gym again! I'll be looking for you to kick my bum into going next week lol I'll give them a call today and get my membership appointment booked for Wednesday. It'll be great for swimming with DD, I was a member last year though and never even so much as touched a treadmill! Just found it really scary in there and everyone was uber fit so I musn't let that put me off this time. I deserve to be there too! (even in my battered old trainers and tracki bottoms!)
Old 07-29-2012, 12:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MyTimeNow View Post
Enjoy your afternoon too JHE Well done for getting to the gym again! I'll be looking for you to kick my bum into going next week lol I'll give them a call today and get my membership appointment booked for Wednesday. It'll be great for swimming with DD, I was a member last year though and never even so much as touched a treadmill! Just found it really scary in there and everyone was uber fit so I musn't let that put me off this time. I deserve to be there too! (even in my battered old trainers and tracki bottoms!)
Thanks.

Yes.it's great for taking DS swimming too. The gym I go to is full of older people-I'm not a fan either of those where everyone is so fit and wearing all the latest gear-baggy pants and large fleece for me!!
Old 07-29-2012, 02:27 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
kiddo

Am feeling about the same as yesterday. I know I need to reach out to some of the people in my meetings, but my sponsor hasn't replied and I don't want to bother the other 2 people who's numbers I have too much.
Old 07-29-2012, 02:55 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

I get that Emma...I hate being a bother too...
but maybe they gave their number out because they *want* you to call?

D
Old 07-29-2012, 03:30 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Ours is a bit yummy mummy JHE... you never know though, I may too one day become one myself! Haha highly unlikely

Sorry you're still feeling the same Emma, if you don't feel you can call, how about a text? Maybe one of them will say give me a call or call you back. If not keep posting on here.

I need a kick up the bum before my day is gone... I appear to have been reading my kindle with my eyes closed for the last hour. Coffee and do something, do ANYTHING for me but not sleep!
Old 07-29-2012, 04:17 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Is it too late to join the Class of July 2012? I've been sober since the 23rd - 1 week today - and would love to participate. (This is actually my second sober week this month, with a relapse in between the two weeks - ugh). I'm new here and don't really know the groundrules for joining.

Peace to all...
Old 07-29-2012, 05:22 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Welcome to the July class SB62! Read and post when you can!
Old 07-29-2012, 05:29 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

welcome shoebox

mtn- my gym is def not yummy mummy,more middle aged or retired and tired!! yummy mummy would put me off too

hope you use the numbers Emma
Old 07-29-2012, 05:31 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

All you have to do is post Shoebox - you're in
Welcome!

D
Old 07-29-2012, 05:48 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I promise-I'll be a better supporter after we get all settled from the crazy weekend-but wanted to share my update!

I made it through the wedding without a drink. DH asked if I wanted some wine and I said "No-water please" He says "Are you staying sober?" And I said "yes-is that okay?" (as if it wouldn't be!). He says "Always!" So-I drank lots and lots of water. My complaint? The waitresses didn't fill my glass fast enough. They did have some pinky wine thing going on for the toast. I let it touch my tongue. It was pretty gross so I wasn't even tempted. A few weeks ago-I'd have drank it anyway. (I'm not sure why I did this)

I feel like I cleared a major hurdle. I know I'm not clear or anything like that but I did it! The next big hurdle will be next month when we go see Kenny Chesney. I think though-I'll have 6-7 weeks under my belt and I think I'll be good. For some reason-knowing with certainty that I will not just "get a fun buzz" and stop makes it easier to not have any. At least today.

Oh-and at the rehearsal dinner-there were two large bottles of unopened wine. One red, one white. I didn't take any-they were still cleaning up. I left early with my kids. I go out to the barn in the morning-and there are two large bottles of wine. They will go in the cupboard for now. And maybe I will pawn them off on someone. Or else-since they are unopened keep them to have to offer people if they come over. If DH had known I was on my "no drinking thing" he'd have pushed back harder to not take them.

I still don't feel like this is "forever" but that it will be indefinite. I don't know why this feels different-forever vs. indefinite. I feel so full of thoughts.

I really feel like I couldn't do this without being here though. Such a victorious feeling of making it through last night. Almost like I was someone else.

Thanks everyone (and Obladi for continuing to ask!)
Old 07-29-2012, 05:58 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

Hey, Hey Everyone!
Happy Sunday.... ok, so I'm totally a morning person. But I don't really think it's fair that all of you over on the other side of the pond get to start the day way before us

This is soooooo cool. The month isn't even over yet and we've started page 3 already!!!

Tim... maybe you should go to the doctor... I'm on day 24 and the only symptom I still have is my freaking memory is not there. Just a suggestion... Congrats on staying away from the alcohol for 27 days though

Ob.... may have to shorten the name of the island just a bit

Emma... if your sponsor isn't responding, maybe you should see about getting a new one? My first one only lasted about a week and she was ok with that.... she's still a support person... she realized that she didn't have the time to spend with me as she should - so it all worked out. The present one is going to be a little stern with me... and I need that right now. Sorry you're at a low point. Reach out to whoever you have to to keep on the right path... it's worth it.

Welcome to all the new people! We can all do this together
Old 07-29-2012, 06:00 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
ANewBeginning

SBB.... Great job getting over the hurdle - pretty soon you'll be a high-jumper
If it was me, I would get rid of the wine...
Old 07-29-2012, 06:14 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Alright, so I ran 4 miles this morning and feel a little better, though I was still very sad waking up, and my first thought was about a pint of draft beer...
I'm gonna go work now, it'll make the feeling go away I hope.
I may see a friend tonight, and feel a little bit scared that I'm not gonna drink, but a little bit excited also about it. We'll see.

Have a great sober sunday everyone, I know it's even harder on the weekend, and I think about you all. Keep posting, especially if you feel bad!