Notices

Class of March 2011 Part 15

Old 04-20-2012, 04:47 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

My 15 year old heard about it, too, and mentioned it. She said some kids were high at school today, and she was invited to a party but declined because she "doesn't want anything to do with that crap." She also said that TOMORROW is "National Random Drug Testing Day".

Aussie, I'm so happy for you!!!!!!! Wooooooo-hooooooooooooooooo!!!!

I'm absolutely exhausted tonight. I haven't slept well for a couple nights because my arthritic dog can't get up and barks her trap off all night long. It's just like having a baby in the house again! We took her to the vet, who said she's fine except for the arthritis and gave her meds, but so far she's still being all needy. And then I had to get up super-early to get to the grocery store and the gym before work, then came home from work tonight to a trashed house. And I must be moody, because it really annoyed me.

I'm about halfway done with the next painting for the benefit, but I think I'll work on it tomorrow morning when I'm (hopefully) more rested.

We have our big WW staff awards tomorrow night. Our territory manager plans and puts them on every year, and this year I and the other 2 coaches decided to do something special for her, too. So, we took a collection and got her a gift certificate for a really nice restaurant dinner and drinks, plus a general American Express giftcard that she can do what she'd like with. To present it to her, I wrote a song that one of the other coaches is going to sing with me while the other one does a silly dance. It should be FUN! I have 2 people video-ing it, too, so that we can send it to her boss so they all know how much we love her.

Have a great night, my friend! Hugs all around!
Old 04-20-2012, 04:50 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

According to wikipedia (gospel!) The earliest use of the term began among a group of teenagers in San Rafael, California in 1971.[2][3] Calling themselves the Waldos,[4] because "their chosen hang-out spot was a wall outside the school,"[5] the group first used the term in connection to a fall 1971 plan to search for an abandoned cannabis crop that they had learned about.[4][6] The Waldos designated the Louis Pasteur statue on the grounds of San Rafael High School as their meeting place, and 4:20 pm as their meeting time.[5
Old 04-20-2012, 04:58 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

I want to drink, I want it now, I want to drink until I am numb, and I want to stay that way.

My whole body hurts, I have a horrid headache, both for the second day in a row, I am fighting with my mom over some crap she pulled and her total lack of boundaries in spreading lies about me, DH's job is totally stressing him out and he is ranting and swearing and scaring me about how much longer he will put up with it, DS will be home soon and the two of them talk so much I get very over-stimulated.

I want out.

Good news, I guess, is that my hair is dirty and I am in my pjs due to depression, so I won't be leaving the house. And if I wanted to, the liquor store closes in about 5 minutes anyway, I couldn't drive there in time if I walked out of the house dressed as I am.

It is a very good thing DH doesn't drink and there is nothing in this house!

Don't worry, this will pass, it always does. Oblivion just sounds so incredibly appealing right now!

Rosie
Old 04-20-2012, 05:14 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  
orangutan

********{Rosie}}}}} stay strong thinking of you from over the sea.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:34 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry to hear you're struggling Rosie...

For maybe the first 18 months I struggled like that too - pain can get you down, arguments can get us down too...and while we forget the bad stuff about alcohol we always remember the escape, the numbing...even tho I actually stopped being capable of being numbed by the end, I still thought about that in a nostalgic way....

But I changed - I got with new Drs who helped me deal with my pain issues - and the more situations I faced sober, the better I became at dealing with them...the less my fear of those situations became - and the better I became at dealing with them - the less I felt like running away or being numb...

I gradually realised one day that drinking was no longer my 'go to' option - I'd grown beyond that person I used to be.

To me thats the real meat of recovery - becoming all we can be

I don't want to sound like an evangelist here but I really hope everybody here finds out that for themselves here because it really is a change of life.

D
Old 04-20-2012, 05:34 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

I'm sending you lots of love, too, Rosie! I read your fb posts and am encouraged by your faith ... I pray that you cling to that Rock who you trust in right now. Remember that "though the darkness may last for the night, the joy comes in the morning."

So often I wish we all lived close so that we could actually physically hug each other.

And thanks to our guest for that fascinating factoid! I must say, today is the first I've ever heard of the term "420". That's a good thing, I guess.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:37 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Tough it out, Rosie. This too shall pass. I've had a few ripe moments today as well, and thought about chucking it. But, here I am, and here you came. This is where we belong when those moments come.

I was gonna go to bed early, but now we're watching a movie (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoos) so I won't have to communicate, so I'll stay up.

Hang in there, girl.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:33 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Morning!

Last long run of 11 miles before my last long half marathon of the season in 2 weeks.

Nervous about the temperature this morning but I can do hard things. I'm a little burned out so it's good to know that.

I feel like I'm in a new place on my sober journey and that's a good thing. Real life, real challenges, head on, sober.

Come on life, let's dance!
Old 04-21-2012, 04:41 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

TGWTDT...great movie. Kept me gripped. Best part? The rapist got what he was due.

Good for Frances! You've been a busy woman, with MUCH GOODNESS resulting! Hard work pays off. Sometimes now, sometimes later, but it always produces good things. I am still very inspired by your example. To sum it up in one word? Diligence. That's what I think of when I envision you at work. The next word I'd use is balance. You seem to have a very good sense of balance that I can learn by. I tend to become either erratic in focus, or hyperfocused to the point of obsession on the one next thing. Not bad traits, but balance would be good with either. Good luck in the run. Kudos for facing life head on.

My youngest son is fired up about drum line. He didn't make quads, so will try out for bass drum, which he'll probably get. But did he get down about quads? Nope. He actually went to a national drum line competition in Dayton - voluntarily - with his friends last night. I am VERY proud of him. Other son was out at his friends for a few hours last night, and, as always, made his curfew. He will start working at Kings Island Amusement park in a few weeks, so he's enjoying his last few weeks of freedom with a license before slaving away to save for his first car. I sure remember those days. My first "real" job was as a mason's laborer, hauling bricks and blocks to be lain for house foundations. I worked with a runaway and 3 convicts. Not sure my folks knew that. I was only 15, and boy did I learn alot that summer.

Had a nice rain last night. Ground should be soft for the two rhodo's we bought to replace the transplanted azaleas that didn't make it last year. Couldn't have the fire, though.

Today, we will paint, as long as my knee holds out. It's been bugging me for a few days, and I've not let up on it. In fact, it was trying to be a trigger for me yesterday. Probably the arthritis acting up from the storm moving in. In the past, knee pain meant drinking. And it worked like nothing else I've found. I really just need to have the bugger replaced. Soon.

Peace to all this weekend!
Old 04-21-2012, 08:53 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Wow..lots of action while I was gone! Firstly..((Rosie))...I hope you're feeling better today. I'm sorry for the chaos in your life right now..hang in there..it's only booze, it won't help anything. Hugs.

Lol..listen to the old fogies talkin about 420. It's weird how stuff like that spreads all over the world, isn't it? Love the boy trying to skip school cuz it's a designated day to smoke pot. lol There's some logic!

Dee..I appreciate when you say things like "for maybe the first 18 months I struggled like that too...". I think we really have to keep in mind how new we are to this and, for a lot of us, we've been drinking SO much longer than we've not been. I think there's a lot to be said for that..for being patient with ourselves, our feelings, our impulses, our tendencies. I still feel like a baby in sobriety in some ways, but in other ways, I'm SO much stronger and wiser than I was near the beginning. With time, that sobriety muscle gets stronger and stronger, I love it. Anyway..thanks for that, DD!

Yesterday went well! I was with the girls from noon to midnight! Started out with mimosas during the pedis, then to the bar for lunch and then back to my friend's house. I did great, no problems. A couple tinges of 'well that sounds good' or feeling a bit silly toasting my iced tea when they all toasted with a shot, but mostly when I thought about if I were joining in, I thought about how much I would have gone outside for a smoke and how I would have had to pace myself all day, etc. A couple nice surprises..my tennis partner in hs came which was really cool! (These are all high school girls). And then one of my friends "checked us in" on facebook and one of our hs guy friends saw it and was in the neighborhood, so he came over and had a few drinks with us. I was kinda surprised he didn't ask why I was the only one not drinking, but he didn't. Maybe he thought I was the driver. Anyway, I laughed a lot and that is ALWAYS good! Oh and apparently I'm a "dancing savant" cuz I'm super good at Just Dance for the wii. haha. I might have to buy the game!

First soccer game for the little one today. A little chilly..gonna bundle up. Oooh, maybe I"ll bring hot chocolate! SO happy to feel good today and not hungover and sad. For reals, I'm so happy about that. Happy Saturday you guys..I love you!!
Old 04-21-2012, 10:10 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Right back atcha, Mirage!
Old 04-21-2012, 12:45 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Cool

Hello my fellow Marchers

Thank you all for your wisdom, love and support! All of your posts helped, and Dee's insight was particularly useful, just knowing this might not be a one-off helps. Shoot, knowing I had friends all over the world who got it and were rooting for me was huge!!!

So grateful I had this place to come and vent when I thought my head would explode, thank you!!!
Turned out hormones played a big part in setting everything else off, will have to watch for that.

Anyway, wanted to let you know that I survived relatively unscathed, didn't drink OR kill anyone :rotfxko

Noticed today there is a thread for peeps with a year behind them, will do some reading over there. Just imagining myself as I was at the end, knowing without a doubt that I would be back there within days, and thinking about my son spending his summer watching me be a nasty, blacked-out drunk - nope! No way that is happening!

Love and much thanks to you all!!!
Rosie
Old 04-21-2012, 03:46 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  
orangutan

Rosie , glad you made it through. Those pesky hormones will do it every time.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:43 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Glad you both made it through, Mirage and Rosie. I was tempted to pitch it today, as I was painting the inside of the house. Working around the house and drinking always went hand in hand, especially painting. Oh well, we made good progress, and will finish tomorrow.

Oh, and I was covered in paint, and almost done with the upstairs hallway at 5 min til 5 pm tonite when I realized I had agreed to serve communion at 5:30 church! I was fast and arrived right at 5:30 spic and span. Whew!

Well, good night all. I'm tired, and am gonna lay down. See ya tomorrow.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:45 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  
orangutan

Lofty glad you didn't pitch it too, whats going on with us all of a sudden, everyone getting tempted. Sending strength to all to stay sober.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:42 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Hey Marchers! I'm still trudging the happy road. My red coin is still in my pocket and i can't believe i'm halfway through month two! Hell yeah!
Old 04-22-2012, 02:36 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Morning! Big full fun day yesterday. Heading into NYC in a few to run a 4 mile race. Them home to rest! The woman who was driving bailed so I have to drive.

It's ok I can do hard things.

Courage! Trust!

Had really bad nightmares last nite; my brain is cleaning out old carp I guess. Ugh. But just dreams and now I'm awake

Cheers and hugs to all xoxoxox
Old 04-22-2012, 07:23 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Originally Posted by frances2011 View Post
Had really bad nightmares last nite; my brain is cleaning out old carp I guess. Ugh. But just dreams and now I'm awake
I hope your run wen't well Frances! And yes, you can do tough things, like driving NYC traffic, and running a bajillion miles in any temperature. Kudos!

I know your quote above was serious, but I would have had nightmares if I was cleaning old carp as well. I mean, just the stench of it! And carp is a bottom fish so its guts are rotten! If I were you, I'd stay away from the carp altogether. You can always build a Koi pond if you need to be around bottom feeders that much....:rotfxko

Thanks for a great laugh!

Anyway, for real, I hope the nightmares abate.

Thanks for the cosmic power, Aussie! Thinking of you as well. I woke up this morning feeling especially good that I didn't cave last night, so your power got across the int'l date line to Cincinnati. Thanks.

Back to the paint. Enjoy your day, all!
Old 04-22-2012, 03:12 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Painting: done
Drinking: none

Another 24 hrs: check
Old 04-22-2012, 05:04 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  
orangutan

GO Lofty GO!!!!!! Glad the good energy made it your way.

Frances "YES" you can do hard things I wish I could do half what you get up to. I have been working on my driving anxiety and I am getting better but I find if I leave it a while I start putting off driving and relying on someone to take me and the anxiety is bad again so I have to keep it up. I still couldn't posible drive in the city but I am working on it.