Notices

Class Of February 2012

Old 02-02-2012, 08:23 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hello! Day 3 here, I slept in today because I had no other obligations. I am still letting all of those negative emotions leave my body. I know it is just the alcohol so I am not too concerned, just staying focused on tomorrow. I hope to start getting more active this week and start waking up earlier even when I do not have class. I think today I am going to clean up my apartment, get organized, and try to knockout some school work.

I am looking for a good drink to replace beer, because I feel so thirsty all of the time. I have tried carbonated water in the past but I really am not looking to mimic the idea of drinking beer this time, it isn't a healthy habit for quitting. Just looking for something new and delicious. I have just been drinking a lot of water and tea. Any ideas?

Welcome everyone new, and thank you all for the good luck. I will check in later.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:24 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hello! Day 3 here, I slept in today because I had no other obligations. I am still letting all of those negative emotions leave my body. I know it is just the alcohol so I am not too concerned, just staying focused on tomorrow. I hope to start getting more active this week and start waking up earlier even when I do not have class. I think today I am going to clean up my apartment, get organized, and try to knockout some school work.

I am looking for a good drink to replace beer, because I feel so thirsty all of the time. I have tried carbonated water in the past but I really am not looking to mimic the idea of drinking beer this time, it isn't a healthy habit for quitting. Just looking for something new and delicious. I have just been drinking a lot of water and tea. Any ideas?

Welcome everyone new, and thank you all for the good luck. I will check in later.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:38 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hey Germanos... Pure Cranberry juice is good. Mix 1/4 cranberry juice with 3/4 water and lots of ice. Makes a nice drink., plus it is good for you. Also, I am drinking alot of hot chocolate at night. Great if you put marsh mellows in with it.

Day 2 for me. Feeling good. Thinking positive. Onward to day 3.

PS read some posts from the class last year. Nice to read about those who have achieved 1 year.

Jim
Old 02-02-2012, 08:47 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Germanos,

You can change the flavor of tea by adding different juices to it. You can boil water in a large pot, let it cool for a couple minutes, then add 2-3 green tea bags. Once it cools further, pour into large pitcher and add cranberry juice, pineapple juice, honey, fresh mint, etc. I usually only add one type of juice. Then put in refrigerator. Then, whenever you're thirsty, pour in glass and add ice. Just experiment.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:24 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I would like to join Februray2012 as well...

Today's another "Day 1" for me. But I've really really had it this time.
I hate alcohol. I'm determined to be done for good. I just poured out the 1/2 bottle of wine that was left into the toilet, and I probably looked pretty ridiculous giving the toilet the middle finger as I flushed. But it felt good.

I think we can all do this!

Count me in.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:36 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Day 1 again. I've been in a couPle different classes and keeping adding more towards my sobriety. I'm not willing to give up on my sobriety so I will continue to take it day by day.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:41 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Awesome, I was just reading the class of '11 and was getting inspired! I would love to be apart of this. I'm on day 1 so the hangover and overall crappy feeling is still fresh.

Dee - What I am going to do different this time is when I get that feeling of 'oh Lindsey, you are totally overreacting, you are not an alcoholic, you just need to cut back' I'm going to look at the picture I took of myself this morning, when my eyelids were so swollen and greasy, cotton mouthed, big, fat, red shiny face and remember that indeed, i am NOT overreacting, I'm an alcoholic.

I am also going to go to AA (tonight's my first time) and come here at least once a day.

Good luck class of Feb '12!
Old 02-02-2012, 02:09 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Lindsey, Poppies and BF
D
Old 02-02-2012, 11:29 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Start of Day 3 here for me today and i am shatterered...Total lack of sleep as the newborn was determined not to sleep last night.....Oh well,better to wake up tired than hungover....Today will be a hard day as Friday is pay day and after i have paid all the bills i usually spend the rest on beer for the following week.....Today i am determined not to do that........Will check in later gang.....
Old 02-02-2012, 11:34 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

im in feb as well =)...... day 3 for me
Old 02-03-2012, 07:16 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone! I posted in another thread but wanted to come to my 'homeroom'
I went to AA for the first time last night and walked out feeling free for lack of a better word. I am going again tonight to keep this ball of happiness rolling.

Usually I look forward to Fridays as my binge till Monday break, but instead my 5 yr old & I are going shopping right after work, then go to my meeting at 8pm. Tomorrow we have a bowling b-day party to attend & I think i'm going to 5 o'clock mass at the church next door. Man, I haven't been to services in years so i'm looking forward to it. Still not sure if i'm bringing the kids, i want to get as much out of it as possible for the first couple of times and not chase a 2 yr old around. Maybe we'll go Sunday morning as a family and have saturday nights just for me. hum.

I know i've been posting a lot, it really helps me to focus on what i'm doing and why. verbal reminders i guess.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:31 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Good luck everyone. I'm in the Jan class but have been following this one too. Happy sobriety!
Old 02-03-2012, 08:09 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Day 2 tody. Little worried about tonight as I will have the house to myself and be tempted to drink. I need to stop thinking of drinking as an option for me. It has done way more bad then good for me. Now if only I can remember that when the cravings hit.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:19 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

On to day 4... yesterday I had to be a hermit and stay in my apartment all day... I feel like that will go for this weekend too. I may go to the gym, actually I think I will go to the gym today. But yesterday I had about 3 calls from friends wanting to go drink, and for a second that irrational brainwashed thought popped into my mind that is like yeah do it f*** it and I actually was considering doing it. I managed to snap out of it though and went to the store and got a good meal to cook and stayed in and hung out with my dog. I woke up for a second with that feeling of guilt like I got drunk last night, but then I realized that I didn't. It must be a habit or something, but I was happy I didn't give in.

Anyways everyone good luck, stay strong.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:09 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Oh man, huge urge just kicked in. I feel like my body is buzzing from the idea of drinking. I am really trying to get it to leave. That moment when everything feels perfect to crack open a bottle. The only thing that is stopping me is the thought of how bad I will feel tomorrow... or the idea of it turning into a 2 week binge. I really do not want that. I am glad I can come here and type out my thoughts to people and sit back and think about it before I jump into the instant gratification boat.

I think I will cave however, and go buy some sparkling water. The carbonation seems to help turn that nagging voice off. Id rather it be that than beer. Plus the walk to the store and fresh air might help clear my head.

1 day at a time, how is everyone else doing?
Old 02-03-2012, 02:14 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I would like to join February class! I quit on 30/01

Germanos

To open the bottle will take 5 seconds, couple hours later booze will be gone...and there will be nothing else to drink. Its easier to stay off than restart again!
Old 02-03-2012, 02:33 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hey HealthyFood, welcome. Yeah I know :P I actually just got distracted by something on the internet and completely forgot about the urge. Funny how things work, I am sure it will be back soon.

Hey BoozeFree! We all know exactly how you feel. Stick with us, and write your thoughts on here when you get a craving... it really helps to talk to people.

Also I just realized, tomorrow is day 5. I like the sound of that because that has always been the make or break day for me... so I can not give in now. Now after day 5, I just need to learn from my previous mistakes.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:46 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

BoozeFree

Cravings come and go until they are gone forever! Let them pack their unwanted stuff and show them the way...

What I do is just stop and think: one glass will turn into two bottles and ruin the next 2 weeks or even more. Is it worth? Short term pleasure...long term pain.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:10 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome HF

You can do it BF - use the support you know you have here

I hope everyone has a happy and sober weekend ahead

D
Old 02-03-2012, 03:20 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Dee74

Thank you. Support here is excellent! Without it I would never be able to get to day 5. Tomorrow is day 6 the longest ever Ive been sober for a long time.