# 61 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome HelloKitty

Hope you feel better soon Orbea

D
Old 02-04-2012, 02:45 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hello all!
I have to read back more to catch up, but wanted to join in. Today is day 2, at least I didn't spend this morning hunched up in agony...yesterday was ROUGH. I actually slept, which is amazing (i usually never can the first 36-48 hours...but was super sleep deprived already). I really did try to step down the alcohol intake throughout the week, so that seemed to help (i'm usually all or nothing, total get wrecked the last night deal, but my previous approaches obviously are failing me).
Other then the anxiety, or perhaps the anxiety is contributing...I am in a cognitive fog. I am trying to study for an exam in anatomy and physiology, which usually as it's just a lot of rote memorization I can handle it...so not working. Frustrating.

So hi everyone, and sorry I ramble incoherently totally sober it seems as well. I am so glad to have found this forum.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:56 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Day 3!

Feeling tired but strong.

Hope all of my fellow February 2012ers are having a good day and feeling strong, as well.

I'll check back later....
Old 02-04-2012, 03:37 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hey guys hope all of you are doing well. I am going to spend my Saturday night at the gym and come home and do some school work. Stay strong people!
Old 02-04-2012, 03:41 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Oh thank the lord my computer is back up! Today is day 3 for me...(god that's it?!) I've been to a meeting everyday so far and even got a 24 hour chip last night! Quite exciting.

Today is my 'bad' day which i realize after it was all said and done. I'm not sure if it's because people suck or if I just was wiggin out. Probably a little of both. I'm learning a lot in AA and for the most part and i like the different meetings i've been to. Today not so much tho, I had a person sitting in front of me that seemed to be in the meeting more for social reasons than to listen to the stories of the speakers. At one point (in the middle of a speakers story) she pulled out her kid's 3rd b-day party invitation and passed it around to the others sitting next to her the whole time i was saying over and over, don't judge her, you don't know anything about her situation, you don't know her, she could have went through hell and back fighting addiction while pregnant or whatever. so i just focused on the speaker and myself. wow, self control...what a concept!

Last night for the first time, I got on my knees and thanked my higher power (learned that in AA!) for getting me through a day without drinking. I decided to go to church tonight (i've NEVER been to mass on a saturday) and decided to bring my kids (went into 'crying' room) and for some reason there was only one other child that was there and the rest where people w/ out kids. my kids haven't been to church in at least 2 years so it was very new to them and they well, were being kids. I guess we pissed off a non-kid-bringer and she didn't want to shake my hand for the sign of the peace. I almost lost it.

Sorry for the book, i've been dying to get on here and get some sanity in my day...whew feels good. I hope everyone is having a smooth weekend so far and keeping up the willpower. It's hard, but we're awesome, so hell yeah for us!
Old 02-04-2012, 03:47 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad you're back Lindsey Marie

D
Old 02-04-2012, 04:14 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Day 5 for me today...... feel pretty good, since i made the decision to put some work into my recovery this time i feel a lot better internally. been reading a chapter from the BB every night spending a decent amount of time here on the forum. I have alot of friends numbers in recovery who i want to call from back where i use to live but i have not been able to muster up the courage yet. Starting my journal again today. Glad to see everyone is doing good keep talking
Old 02-05-2012, 05:23 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Getting Healthy

Day 2 morning here! I slept propped up on the couch last night bc of my chest cold. I put some Vicks on. Last year I ended up with pneumonia pretty bad and I don't want to end up there. Took 1 Tylenol pm and slept like a baby. Did have a bad dream though...that my hubby had brain cancer and needed to have brain surgery. I feel so much better than I did yesterday morning! I hope my anxiety and blood pressure stats in check! We are taking 2 yo to one of those jumpy places today. Happy Sunday everyone!
Old 02-05-2012, 06:08 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Just wanted to wish all of you in the February class well on your new sober journeys.

I'm a member of the November 2011 class. The only things I feel I know for sure are the importance of reading the SR threads DAILY, taking things one day at a time; and allowing yourself to eat whatever you need to during the initial weeks of your sobriety. Don't think beyond today. And read, read, read the SR site.

Wishing you all a happy and sober day today.
Old 02-05-2012, 06:23 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Good morning Feb class!! Side note: my favorite color is red...

I woke up this morning and stepped outside for a ciggy. I'm in a GREAT mood, feeling fresh and happy. I was thanking god for a beautiful day (this religious side is brand new to me) and asking him to take away any temptation i have today. While I was sipping my coffee I noticed a beautiful cardnal sitting in a tree rubbing his beak on a branch. I don't know why, but it made me smile from ear to ear. I'm looking forward to more mornings like this one.

Happy Sunday all! I hope you day starts off with a beautiful cardnal too.
Old 02-05-2012, 07:24 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

UGGHHH the nightmares--or well night terrors really. I feel like I just got run over by a truck, day 3. I just feel so disgusting, I'm past the super horrible not being able to keep anything down, the shaking is a lot better, there is not constant loud ringing in my ears, etc. I just feel, gross. My skin looks like crap, I still can't seem to sort through my thoughts, everything is so muddled.

I REALLY need to get to the gym, I hope I can. I'm really worried about gaining weight, b/c I know the fact that alcohol suppressed my appetite and the fact i was practically living off it kept my weight down (i have um issues with food). I want to be healthier, I really do, I'm sick of trading addiction as well. Sorry this is so self-absorbed and I'm not offering support back. I'm just really freaking out, but I tend to have the hardest time with that on day 3 in the first week.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:18 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

logicalparadox

Nightmares will disappear. Just focus on good things when you go to bed rather than on nightmares. Tea before bedtime calms body and mind.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:36 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

logical paradox,

the nightmares do go go away.

And I wouldn't be too concerned about the gym yet. It's so early. Just take care of yourself. Take a walk if you need some exercise. Do some jumping jacks while watching a movie or your favorite show. Try and eat some healthy foods.

Congrats on day 3!

-Poppies
Old 02-05-2012, 08:42 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

All the best to you Feb's!! I am such a geek, went out and bought a soda streamer such that I can make my own fizzy, tasty "drinks" during the nights when my alco-cravings are the worst... Sure it is just water with flavours.... But with some lime in it I can pretend it is a Mojito or something... I am brain washing myself and so far so good... Been sober for 9 days. For me, 9 days is BIG!
Old 02-05-2012, 08:50 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Day 4!

And I feel pretty good!

Still no cravings. Still disgusted towards alcohol.

Slept okay for the first time last night, although I'm pretty tense while I sleep, so I woke up with a whopper of a back ache. Oh well, at least I am not hungover. And that is awesome.

Anxiety is at an all time low today. It's there, but it's a very dull sensation.

My sugar cravings are out of this world. I didn't fight them last night. (ate too much licorice) But I will try to be better today. I have read that it's a bad idea to give into them in early sobriety. I just figure anything is better than drinking.

Hope all of my fellow Feb'12ers are still doing well!

-Poppies
Old 02-05-2012, 08:53 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

accept, we got a SodaStream for xmas and I love that thing! Our charger just ran out, so I haven't been able to use it since I quit, but you've just motivated me to go get a refill. What a great idea!

-Poppies
Old 02-05-2012, 10:06 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, I would like to join this class. My date is 2/4/12, so I am starting day 2 today. I have had lots of false starts over the past 3 or 4 years, but I really need to turn my life around and I'm determined to make it work this time. I'm about to head out to the bookstore to get some recovery books as well as maybe something about how to deal with anxiety. I also have the big book, which I find helpful even though I haven't been to many meetings.

Have a good sober day everyone!
Old 02-05-2012, 10:23 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Right on cracked, welcome to feb =). Ya reading the BB is still beneficial if u go to meetings or not, it helps me. Im going to a nooner tomorrow first meeting in like 3 months =o
Old 02-05-2012, 10:29 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Morning, day 6 here. Past my normal relapse days, 4 and 5. I went to the climbing gym last night, and I woke up feeling really sore... but man I missed that feeling. I am hoping to put my addiction towards working out again. I have always had an addictive personality, but before my drinking got bad I used to just put all of that energy to being active.. running, climbing, snowboarding, lifting weights etc.. all I know is that is when I am the most happy and confident. I already feel better after just a few days of it.. it really does help.

Also the fizzy drinks you guys are talking about really help me too. I am starting to wonder how I used to wake up and drink beer, because right now the thought of that disgusts me. I know it is just temporary and cravings will be back, but it is good to savor these feelings for when they do hit.

Good luck to you all. Stay strong. 1 day at a time.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:10 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Day 5 for me, woke up feeling fantastic, I went on day 3 and had some accupuncture treatment, meditate every day, have a gratitude list that I do daily. Going to get a sponsor to work the 12 steps with me. I tried some EFT technique on youtube last night. I really want to end this yoyo sobriety I have been on for a long while.. Lets get this done.