Notices

Class of March 2011 Part 12

Old 01-25-2012, 06:26 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Thanks, PBC. I'm not sure how much grace I exhibited, but I was patient. It's funny...those type of boundaries were the topic at my men's breakfast, and I had a lot to say about it. The context was 9/11 and our reaction to it as Christians and as Americans. I didn't realize I was as conflicted on so many plains. Sobriety has really shaken me to the core. 6 months ago, I would have had an unbudging position about how I felt about things, and it would have been selfishly defensive. My views are becoming more open now, sometimes altruistic, sometimes honorific, and still plenty selfishistic (ha! new word! Not to be confused with shell fish sticks)

Anyway, I had a lot to say because I've been significantly wronged, mostly financially, in situations where I trusted in the last 3 yrs., including the one at the present. One of the crooks who stole from me is on trial this month in federal court. I have questioned what level of participation in his prosecution I should have, if any. God has not put on my heart a clear direction, so I have given God the situation for Him to avenge, and have stayed out of it. But, I also feel like a coward, as I have information and insight that may be of value to the prosecution. What a quandary! Either way, I won't get my money back, so where is the gain in my involvement? There is none for me, or for anyone else that I am aware of.

Frances, good for you and the new bed! What a difference a good night's sleep can make, right? I've been fighting muscle tension in my whole left shoulder/trapezoid area, radiating into my neck this week, and it's driving me crazy. I even changed pillows to no avail. I may have to consult a chiro, for the first time in my life.

March on, Marchers! Enjoy your day!

Stay dry today, Dee and Aussie!
Old 01-25-2012, 09:45 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Ok...I'll post alone again today. Man...I'm beginning to feel like Dave! haha

Today is going much better than yesterday. Client contacts, proposals coming in, etc. So, I stopped for lunch, had some of my lasagna, turned on the tube to see when Heidi Klum will be back on the market, and had a small bowl of cherry cordial ice cream. Mmmm. That was good, I can have another. Mmmm. Well, there's only a little left, may as well finish it...FROM THE CARTON! Polished off a healthy quart of ice cream. Now, put that in your WW calculator!
Old 01-25-2012, 10:54 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Yum Lofty, THAT'S what I'm talkin about. I adore cherry cordials, that ice cream sounds great. My fave is black cherry ice cream with chocolate sauce on it. Or plain even. Glad your'e having a better day! That Klum/Seal deal surprised me.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:04 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Editor

Sorry that I have been absent. I have been very busy at work and any free moment that I have.......I am trying to learn algebra again to help out my boy! I forgot just how much I dislike algebra. Oh well.....it is starting to click a little.
Your enchiladas sound outstanding lofty. I love me some tex/mex. I am making my signature chicken breast BORITAS tonight! YUMMMMMMMMMY!
I hope that everyone is doing good and if anyone is an algebra whiz.......I may have to ask for some help.
mirage.......stop it with all that icecream talk I have been doing so well, but I am only one bowl away from being right back where I started.

Keep on marching
DAve
Old 01-25-2012, 11:35 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Ok, this is ironic. My dh just got home and he brought me a bag of cherry cordial Hershey's kisses! haha. (Clearly he doesn't care that I have to be in a bathing suit in a month.)

Sorry, Dave. You may need to post your recipe as it's your "signature".
Old 01-25-2012, 11:47 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Checking in, bopping along....LOVE CHERRY CORDIALS.

Running at 4:30 with a friend, will be a lovely easy does-it 4 miles.

Trying new innersoles for 1st time today on rec of my chiro. May be another piece to my lower-back/hip pain puzzle!

Lofty, I am a newbie at chiro care but I swear by it. Like all medical practitioners, you'll want to get some recommendations from people you trust, etc, etc. When I went in the first time I told him I was a little unsure about the whole thing and that set him up to explain everything in full detail.

Big Thoughts Today:
1. "Improving my health, job, marriage, finances is not linear. It's a patch-work of complementary supportive pieces." Like with my hip-pain, it's a combo of chiro care, running, yoga, new bed (maybe), stretching using a foam roller, carrying my purse on the other shoulder so I'm not hunching my back. No one magic bullet.

2. "When you are a beginner, expect to suck at it at first. That's OK." Thinking about how ridiculous it is that I'm learning to take care of my skin at my age. It getting better is a combo of AD meds, the right skin care products, USING THEM twice a day, Retin-A from my doc (helps with acne), learning about OCD-behaviors. learning to recognize triggers and substituting different behaviors.

I heard an addictions person talking about relapses as a part of Recovery and that the key is to "Learn to Fail Better". I think it was a reasonable approach, since the reality is that relapses are a part of lots of our stories.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:34 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Lofty, if it's regular ice cream, one quart would be 33.

<---- helpful.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:41 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

See, now I want a cherry cordial.

Frances, I LOVE your big thoughts! And yes, they are big. I'll contemplate them more through the next few days.

I'm feeling really good right now, I have to say. I am good at what I do, and I don't feel it's wrong to know that and admit it. All things in my life have worked together to bring me to this place, where I am able to really make a difference in the world around me. Don't get me wrong -- there is room for improvement and I'm always working on that. But I feel good, too. This morning's meetings were phenomenal, and I'm optimistic about the ones tonight. It's a pleasant feeling.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:45 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Ugghh...the day has turned. Now I'm having to justify the pay I am owed from that group. This could get really nasty. But that's okay...I can do nasty things!

My old GA called to try to negotiate; i.e., renege on his previous negotiation. I am ashamed of the expletives I used before I hung up. Some bridges are fun to burn.

So...instead of expending the positive energy of the a.m. on productive work, I spent it singing for my dinner. It sucks, but what can I do.

More later when I'm in a better place. See ya, folks.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:45 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

PBC...is that 33 of 1000?
Old 01-25-2012, 12:55 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LoftyIdeals View Post
PBC...is that 33 of 1000?
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm............

Old 01-25-2012, 12:57 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

"I spent it singing for my dinner." -- if you sing for me, I'll share my dinner! We're having leftover spaghetti.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:29 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

That's just what I had! And more leftover lasagna, ziti, and farfalle. Can you spell C-A-R-B-S? Oh...and don't forget the pizza and bread. It was Italian night.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:47 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Administrator

Dee how are you doing in the big wet? We are cut off part of the road in has been washed away and heavy rain forcast for at least another 24 hours and another 5-7 days of rain to come.
Hope you're doing OK Aussie - we were lucky the rain stopped when it did - they were setting up evac centres in my area.

it's not over yet but this lull gives the collected water a chance to run away so we should be ok.

apologies for the brevity of late - it's been pretty frantic.

D
Old 01-25-2012, 06:22 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Stay safe, dee! And dry! That sounds scary.

I ate jelly beans and chocolate malt balls and snuggled my dog until I felt happy. Third nite without husband but I am fine, I can do hard things.

Lofty, you can do it. Sorry you have to go thru this carp.

Nite!
Old 01-25-2012, 06:33 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hope you're doing OK Aussie - we were lucky the rain stopped when it did - they were setting up evac centres in my area.

it's not over yet but this lull gives the collected water a chance to run away so we should be ok.

apologies for the brevity of late - it's been pretty frantic.

D
same here, we had 5 inches over night we are completely cut off and more forcast for the weekend.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:19 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've been watching the situation - stay safe aussie

D
Old 01-26-2012, 02:02 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Hope today has been OK for you Aussie. Rising waters are scary. Stay safe both of you!
(If I can be all Cyber Auntie on you, please listen to authorities and follow instructions if you are asked to leave.) I know your mobility isn't the best Dee so extra care for you too. ********{Concern for Downunders}}}}}}

Morning is here (or at least it will be once the sun comes up in, oh, 2 hours.)

Off to run! Went to sleep at 9:30, slept well.

My hip soreness is incrementally better after 3 nights on the guest bed so my hypothesis about needing a new bed is collecting positive data points.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:37 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm fine up here mirage - at least for now

D
Old 01-26-2012, 03:37 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Yes. BE SAFE, my friends.

<--- my prayer for you, Aussie!