SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2011 Part 12 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/246592-class-march-2011-part-12-a.html)

Dee74 01-19-2012 09:53 PM

Class of March 2011 Part 12

Keep Marching you guys :)

we continue from here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-11-a-20.html

D

frances2011 01-20-2012 03:20 AM

First? FIRST? I'm FIRST!

Dee74 01-20-2012 03:28 AM

:a122:

D

frances2011 01-20-2012 03:31 AM

Good morning & evening Marchers! Thank you Dee for the new thread.

I am driving to an annual client meeting this morning that in each previous year has been a source of needless anxiety. Worry about what to wear, whether I'll get lost, what will happen in the meeting, will I do a good job?

None of that this morning. I put gas in the car yesterday, printed out directions (even though I've been there at least 5 times), have my notes assembled and waiting by the door. Zero anxiety. Thank. You. God, Marchers, SR, Sobriety, My Doctor.

(Dave & Lofty & Dee, girlie stuff alert,feel free to glaze out for a sec)

I went to a salon yesterday and had my eyebrows professionally shaped. I've always felt that they weren't right but was too afraid to get them done or overshape them myself. It cost twice as much as a regular place but I LOVE THEM. The guy did an amazing job, exactly what I wanted. I not only can do Hard Things but I can find the Right Choice for Me. Feeling like I don't know how to do "girlie stuff" is a leftover of childhood.

So! Weekend plans? Ya'll know I am running the half tomorrow morning.

Dee74 01-20-2012 03:50 AM

Smooth!

:c005:

Night Frances :)
D

mirage 01-20-2012 06:04 AM

Mornin! A balmy 3 degrees this morning! Sunny, tho..so that's nice.
Hey, that's great, frances. That can be scary cuz it's so permanent. (At least permanent for awhile.) I still get a little nervous when I do that.

Dh left work early yesterday and met me at the theater to see The Artist. Yay! I saw a movie with someone! It was funny cuz the previews were REALLY loud and we commented on it to each other and then he goes "should I ask the theater to turn it down?" And I said, giggling, "well it's a silent movie so I'm not sure how much it really matters". He's like "this is a silent movie?!" hahahaha. It was good. A little harder to not get distracted than a talkie..and even tho you're not supposed to talk in the theater, it's easier to do. It was cool, tho. Reminded me of Singin in the Rain in many ways.

Hmm...no real weekend plans as of yet. Both boys say they need gym shoes, so I should drag em out shopping for those. Hopefully just good family time. :)

PeanutButterCup 01-20-2012 07:54 AM

Good morning, Friends! I'm at the boutique today ... the slow location. I've been here for an hour and no one has come in yet.

Frances, you'll have to post a picture of your shapely new eyebrows. Ooooo, la la! So let's see, there are nails, skin, and now brows. VERY nice. I'll bet your hubby can't keep his hands off you!

Mirage, I didn't even know that they still made silent movies! Cool!

Hugs all around!

mirage 01-20-2012 07:56 AM

Hey pbc..did WW come out with a new Points Finder card after they came out with their new Points Plus system? I heard they made fruit zero points and it sounds like they're taking into account carbs and protein now. I have an old card where you can figure out points based on calories, fiber and fat. Wondered if that's old news now. Thanks!

lookinforward 01-20-2012 09:02 AM

Good Day all! So plans for this weekend. Heck after reading frances post I may do some manscaping to fire off my weekend...Just for a fresh look.:)
I am on call so I will be cleaning the house and yard. Wooo hooo! Not much fun but it sure is nice when I am done.
I will check back in a bit. Dang phone.
Dave

PeanutButterCup 01-20-2012 09:53 AM

Nope ... the old card figured Points, but the new program uses PointsPlus values, which is a completely different equation. There is no way to take the old numbers and convert them to new ones, either. It's just a matter of re-learning them.

The slider worked with the old plan because it took into account 3 variables: calories, fat, and fiber. The new program has 4 variables: fat, fiber, protein, and carbs. Making a cardboard slider that would do this and was also teachable wasn't feasible. There are inexpensive calculators that people use now, or lots of books with lists, or they use their online e-tools.

And yep ... all fresh fruit is now 0 (wooo-hoooo!). Honestly, I think that's been the greatest aspect of why we're seeing so much more success with PointsPlus. It's more flexible now and people aren't quitting as much. :)

mirage 01-20-2012 10:11 AM

Ahh..thank you!

lookinforward 01-20-2012 12:11 PM

Doublechin update. Still there. But I am making ground. All I have done is simplify my intake. I have dropped 2 pounds a week and dont feel like I am missing out on anything. The biggest thing I think is helping is I replaced my icecream with yogurt and bran sprinkles. A LOT better than it sounds ...Sweet enough and a little crunch to give it substance. Well that is the double chin update....Back to you PBC!:)
Dave

lookinforward 01-20-2012 12:18 PM

To put in a plug for PBC. All of my family in The big easy have been on the program and lost massive amounts of weight over the years. It is pretty amazing and something that you should be proud of PBC...You truly help change peoples lives!

lookinforward 01-20-2012 12:19 PM

By the way....I would be friends if I was invited...Are ya'll trying to tell me something.:)

PeanutButterCup 01-20-2012 01:10 PM

I sent you a friend invite this morning, Dave. :)

Congrats on your losses!!! 2 pounds per week is PERFECT! (don't be surprised if it slows down ... it's supposed to) And I love that you're doing it by just being a little smarter ... no crazy deprivation diets. One thing I always tell people is that whatever you do to lose weight, you'll have to continue doing to keep the weight off. Be sure it's live-able and sustainable.

I enjoy yogurt with bran sprinkles, too ... but I call them sticks. :) They're good on a salad, too, instead of croutons. My kids call them "crunchies".

mirage 01-20-2012 01:41 PM

Great job, Dave! Remind me to come over for dinner and not desert, tho. ;) Are we talkin fb? Did you make the leap? Hooray!

I dropped 15 last summer and put 10 back on. The only reason I'm not devistatated over that is that I quit smoking and knew some of it would come back. At least I was down when I quit, that's the way I see it. Plus I'm lucky that I'm 5'8" and carry it pretty well, but I need to get this 10 off now as I'm not happy with it at all. Then I'll work on more maybe after that. Today was a good day so far. Time to make some changes. Hence the earlier questions to pbc. :)

Oh frances! Guess what I did today? Cleaned my linen closet!! haha Told you you inspired me! Sure, it took me about 4 weeks to get to it, but it's done! And I remembered to do that little trick I learned somewhere to store the sheets in the matching pillow case. I feel so clever! It looks sooooo good and I have a ton of towels to donate to somewhere. I need to look into where and make some calls. :)

Quiet Lofty, we missed you today! You, too aussie! I think Dee chimed in..plus I always give him some slack.

LoftyIdeals 01-20-2012 01:49 PM

Hi there, gang. Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Dave, when you find a graveyard for your second chin, let me know so I can buy a plot for mine there.

Whew! What a day! It's been busy since my feet hit the ground this a.m. I've been all over town, and had some promising meetings. I also think I have my comp situation resolved, but I'll believe it when I see it.

So...I will talk about my weekend, but first I'd like to reflect on my accomplishments. It seems this would be an appropriate thing for me to do on Friday. Then, I can review them Sun night or Mon morning, and get revved up for the next week. And, I can put them to bed right now, and enjoy the weekend.

What'd I get done?

1) Picked up my new co. stationery and cards
2) Finished contracting paperwork with two new carriers
3) Had two important client meetings with retirees
4) Made a great start on my Getting Things Done (GTD) progress. (My desk is neat!)
5) Spent quality time with my family each day
6) Cleaned up, and sped up 3 computers; one quite significantly.
7) Did back office work on numerous clients
8) Had a preliminary conversation with a new college grad about working part time for me
9) Started my sons in the praise band at church (and will also offer my gifts at trumpeting)
10) Attended Men's Prayer breakfast, and offered to lead/co-lead an 8 week Bible survey course to the men (in the spring); met with Pastor to plan; ordered materials; etc.
11) Committed to be site foreman at our churches mission trip to Appalachia, where we renovate a family's home for a week in July.
12) Set a meeting for Monday with my prospective strategic alliance partner to review business plans.

Wow! That actually feels great, considering I usually end the week feeling like I got nothing done. I think I might make a ritual of this. I've read that before you end your day, you should have 5-6 things written down to start the next day. I think I'll prescribe to that theory, but I won't bore you people with it.

Oh yeah...

13) Deleted my Words with Friends account. Sorry, Mirage. It had nothing to do with you, or that you beat me so bad. It had more to do with my lack of discipline. I would have 3-5 games going at all times, and it was a huge ADD feeder. So, it had to go. I owe explanations to 5 folks who I was in mid-game with. The other factor was that I couldn't figure out how to make it not report to FB friends that I was playing. It didn't look good, especially to friends that are clients.

Anyway...on to what's up for the weekend. Not a lot. I will work on my GTD things, mostly in my personal arena, and will likely work on my website. Closing the open loops, so I can think clearly. It's already working!

Gotta go make dinner; lamb stew vs. lasagna. Prob the mutton...

LoftyIdeals 01-20-2012 01:51 PM

Hey, Mirage...someone on here suggested the local dog kennel for old towels. I missed you guys too! See ya.

lookinforward 01-20-2012 02:03 PM

Ok its official Lisa is real! I warned Lofty that I have old drinking day pics all over my FB. It is a reminder as to why I dont drink anymore.

Dee74 01-20-2012 02:12 PM

a beard is great for double chins - just sayin'....

D