Notices

Class of March 2011 Part 12

Old 01-20-2012, 02:13 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Editor

I had something epic to say.....but I got distracted...stinkin ADD.I will just leave my friends with goodnight and have a nice weekend.
I may try to check in later!
Dave
Old 01-20-2012, 02:14 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Editor

I just shaved my winter coat off Dee. I thought I had lost a lot more weight than I really had.LOL
DAve
Old 01-20-2012, 03:13 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
orangutan

Hi everyone, all work and no play. Doing O.K.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:21 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

& you're a poet too Aussie

D
Old 01-20-2012, 04:03 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi Marchers!

Had a really good client meeting. In a nutshell, this is my one big client. The company is reorganizing. I thought today's meeting was going to be about shutting things down and turning out the lights for my contract. Nope. Seems like my client is going to be on the winning side of the re-org and I get to come too. Could change at any minute, but it's a nice feeling to think that this client will be continuing. I had in my head already figured it'd be done by June. Anything could happen, still, but I'm optimistic.

I have packed my race bag and after race-snack. I have everything layed out on the bed. The coffee pot is ready to turn on in the morning. Ready, set, SNOW! It's predicted to snow all night and through the race, accumulations of 3-5 inches.

Going to bed before 9 so going to spend a little quality time with my dear husband.

I called my folks to dutifully check in. I haven't called all week and it's been pretty nice. I told my dad I'm ready for the race and he said, "You're crazy, you know that? Running in the snow is just dumb." I'm choosing to just let it Be the Way He Is and just let it go.

I totally understand on the WwFriends, Lofty. I would be obsessed so I won't start.

Aussie, is it so busy because it's summer? Hope you get a breather soon!

DAVE DAVE DAVE. You are awesome and now more of your handsomeness can shine through with a clean mug. WAY TO GO on your weight loss!!!!

Hi PBC and Mirage and Dee and everyone!
Old 01-20-2012, 04:39 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Frances, let me help you translate. I know this language pretty well. "You're crazy, you know that? Running in the snow is just dumb." ==> "You're doing really well in your life and when I see that, I compare it to my own habits and come out looking bad. Don't you want to cop out with the excuses that I use to avoid improving myself? It's easier for me to insult you than to try to change myself, so that's what I'll do."

Hi Aussie!!! I'm glad you're around!

Lofty, you've taken the prize for most productive! Woo-hooooo! I love the idea of listing 5-6 things each evening for the following day. I'm a list-maker. And how do you make lamb stew? I've never successfully prepared a meal with lamb.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:29 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Pbc, you're right. Thank you. *hug*

And thank u for reminding me that I wanted to whhooo hoo lofty for your awesome amazing week and all your accomplishments! Pls keep posting them on Fridays.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:59 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Thanks, you two! The stew yielded kudos from the entire fam. I can send the formula.

Frances, success is the best revenge! I hope you have an awesome run tomorrow.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:52 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Good luck tomorrow, frances!!! Maybe I will get on the treadmill in your honor tomorrow! Like how I put "maybe" in there? Sheesh, I'm hopeless.

It's ok, Lofty..I had a feeling you would feel too distracted and ditch me eventually. No worries, but I'll miss playing with you. Yay you for a productive week! Good idea keeping track, too. I might adopt that idea.

Back in October, I was walking by a breast cancer awareness month display at Target and it caught my eye in a major way. (My fave color is pink, so October rocks for me.) Anyway, I saw this 2012 calendar, bound like a spiral notebook, and tho I don't use those, I got it cuz it was so darn cute. So I've been keeping track of more personal things in there lately. I'm thinking now that I will try to write down some things that I accomplish to maybe inspire me to be more productive, too. Today was great. I did the linen closet and then attacked the boys' bathroom. Went through all the drawers and under the sink and cleaning it. Stuff accumulates and gets ignored, like old toothbrushes and stuff. So having that done is exciting, too. Next I want to do some closets! And I want to paint that bathroom!

I've been feeling a little better lately. Dunno if that b-12 works or not or if that's a bunch of hooey, but as I'm not bouncing off the walls or anything, I do feel like I'm not so tired. Except for now. Now I'm tired.

If a beard hides a double chin, maybe I'll stop shaving my legs. It IS Winter time.

Nite loves!
Old 01-21-2012, 02:02 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Morning!

AWESOME JOB MIRAGE! Love the notebook idea. So glad you got stuff cleared out. It's really freeing emotionally as well as physically.

It's 4:58, I'm dressed and waiting for my friend to call me. The race is officially now a "nonscored event" which means I get credit for running even if I don't go.

(Credit is important for racking up race points for entry into other races.)

My friend last night was pretty pessimistic about going. I think she was watching too much TV weather and those announcers always make everything sound terrible for ratings. My part of the country is wimpy about weather, imo. The travel won't be bad but the course will be sloppy. If I'm not back, that means I went to the race.

Have a GREAT DAY EVERYONE!
Old 01-21-2012, 03:48 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good luck Frances

Sounds like you've caught Lofty's work ethic Mirage

Hope everyone has a great weekend

D
Old 01-21-2012, 03:48 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Ruuuuuuuun, Frances!!!!!!!!! Go go go go go go go!!!! You can't see me, but I'm cheering as you round the bend on each mile marker. BRAVER STRONGER SMARTER!!!!
Old 01-21-2012, 03:50 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

"If a beard hides a double chin, maybe I'll stop shaving my legs." -- I think you're on to something! I knew those European women were smart!
Old 01-21-2012, 03:56 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

We have a volleyball tournament today ... middle daughter's first with this team. I hope they kick tush! But she's not that optimistic. We'll see. This one starts later than normal, but we won't get out until 8 or so tonight, too, unless they get knocked out early. (not that I want that to happen ... really ...)

I am finally making it to the grocery store this morning, too. We went an entire week just scrounging because I worked too many hours to get there. I have my list made. Have I ever told you how I make a grocery list? Talk about anal ... I have an ongoing list of all the meals our family has ever had and likes. From that, I choose 3-4 meals. (I always cook for 2 days at a time) I make the list on a Word document from those meals, then add lunches and breakfasts, snacks and miscillaneous items. THEN, I rearrange the list according to where it is in the grocery store ... all the produce together, then bread, then cheese, then meats, then frozen, then snacks, then cereal ... you get the idea. It does save me time in the store, and I rarely "miss" something on the list since it goes in order.

Today I'm cooking an extra meal for a friend who had surgery, too, and I'm bringing "main dish" to the tournament. So ... I should probably get crack-il-ackin! Have a great day, Marchers! Hugs all around!
Old 01-21-2012, 05:03 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Originally Posted by PeanutButterCup View Post
Frances, let me help you translate. I know this language pretty well. "You're crazy, you know that? Running in the snow is just dumb." ==> "You're doing really well in your life and when I see that, I compare it to my own habits and come out looking bad. Don't you want to cop out with the excuses that I use to avoid improving myself? It's easier for me to insult you than to try to change myself, so that's what I'll do."

Hi Aussie!!! I'm glad you're around!

Lofty, you've taken the prize for most productive! Woo-hooooo! I love the idea of listing 5-6 things each evening for the following day. I'm a list-maker. And how do you make lamb stew? I've never successfully prepared a meal with lamb.
PBC...you continue to impress me. I was gonna say amaze me, but I don't want it to sound like I'm surprised by your wisdom. What you said to Frances!? Superb. I am going to take it, and apply it to my relationship with my dad. It is SOOO true in our relationship. We need a filter or buffer between what our parents say, and what we hear. And we need to discern their legitimate concerns, worries, or sageful advice, from what is borne of regret or jealousy that we are still of an age that we can do things they can't. That's hard to do sometimes, BUT WE CAN DO HARD THINGS! (ok...please remove all previous sexual innuendo from that phrase when I use it)

With regard to the stew? The actual recipe is on allrecipes.com, it's called Irish Lamb Stew, and it's the one submitted by Danny O'Flaugherty. It's the best stew I've ever made, or eaten. I won't go into all of it, but I cut back the carrots, and added celery cuts and mushrooms. Instead of beef stock, I used boullion cubes. Since lamb is so expensive (I come from a long line of cheapskates and bargain hunters, and I love it, so that's not an apology. Bargain hunting is my sport), I used 1/3 lamb, 1/3 beef for stew, and 1/3 ground beef. That way we still got the lamb flavor.

Allrecipes is my kitchen bible. I really love to cook, and the internet has brought the chef out in me. Often, I'll read 4 or 5 different recipes for a dish, and then make my own combination of ingredients. 9 of 10 times, its a winner.

Oh, and your shopping/planning techniques? Love em. I'd adopt a similar method if I were the only shopper and chef in the house, but I'm not. We do have a pretty good method, but not as organized as you. There are several shopper apps in the android market, but none I'm aware of that do it all like you laid out. Maybe you could make some money by writing an app? And maybe even have WW as a sponsor? I love planning, whether it's kitchen planning or financial planning. And...I love it when a good plan comes together...(think A Team...George Peppard as Hannibal with a victory cigar in his mouth)

Mirage...guess what. I figured out how to play WwF without it reporting to FB, and in such a manner that I won't be distracted by it. Here goes. I added the app to my droid. My existing games were there, except the one we started (I think you resigned?) So, if you challenge me, I'll play. How is it less distracting? It's not in my face, on my computer, making loud noises whenever someone plays. I get to it when I want. I really did enjoy the game, but didn't want it reporting or constantly in my face distracting me. So, challenge me to a game! I haven't figured out how to start a game on the phone yet.

Activity begets activity. My GTD progress has fired me up for more organization and progress in my work and home lives. I'm stoked!

Have a fantastic day, all, and if Frances ran, I pray for her safety and success!

Wasssup, Dee!? Aussie!?
Old 01-21-2012, 08:13 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Have fun at the tourney today, pbc! Wow..that's some shopping technique. You know how I write my grocery list? I get a piece of paper and a pen and I write stuff down. Sometimes I even look in the fridge to see if I'm missing anything.

I was gonna suggest the droid app Lofty, but I didn't want you to feel pressured into playing. And I'm not sure what you mean by fb reporting it. I have seen it in the game ticker, while you're playing, but if people aren't playing a game at that moment, I'm pretty sure they don't see it.It doesn't show up in the main ticker from what I can tell. No biggie, just sayin. Oh, I forgot it makes noise, I keep my puter muted. Yeah, I just play when I feel like it. Yes, I resigned that game, I'll shoot you a new one.

Being the political junkie that I am, I'll be staying tuned into the S. Carolina primary today. Will Newt beat out Mitt??! I love this stuff. I'm making major headway with the xstitch I'm doing for my preggers friend. Oh and I'm heading to Lowe's to get paint swatches for the bathroom and a shovel with the bent handle so it's not so hard on the back. Can't find the one I had. Where do shovels go? How can you lose a shovel?? Have I mentioned how much I DON'T miss going out on the deck in the freezing cold to have a cigarette? And closing the blinds so the kids can't see me out there? I'm hungry. Ok, that's the update..catch y'all later.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:42 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Thanks for the primary reminder, Mirage. I'll tune in too. Ditto on the outside smokes, and the blinds. Your shopping method is very much like my wifes!

I'll play WwF with ya' today, but I'll be painting the kitchen much of the day as well.

Enjoy the day!
Old 01-21-2012, 09:06 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Wow ... I've gotten a lot done this morning! My kitchen is stocked again. I made the meal for my friend, and will make it for our family tomorrow night: spicy chicken, coconut rice, and a mango salsa that's sooooooooooo pretty and delicious. Oh, and whoopie pies. They're 2 cake-y chocolate cookies filled with marshmallow creme. I got the recipe from a WW cookbook, and they're really yummy!

I made the food for the tournament, too, and we'll leave in about a half hour. All set! I find it funny that my daughter showered, put on makeup, and is wearing perfume. To a volleyball tournament. That she's playing in. I suppose ... she is my child.

Frances, how'd you do? Did you hear me cheering?

Mirage, did you see the picture of Newt Gingrich that's circulating fb? I'll send it to you. Keep in mind that it says nothing of my political affiliations ... I'm pretty clueless when it comes to politics. But I bet it will make you smile!
Old 01-21-2012, 09:20 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Haha, got it pbc..very cute. Good job on all the cookin! Thinkin I'll make a pot of chicken soup today.

Ooh, painting the kitchen? Details! Color? Flat or Semi-gloss? Primer? Doing the ceiling, too? Does the wife do the cutting in? Drop cloths: paper or plastic? 3/4" nap? 2 coats or 1? Deglosser first? You can't just throw out there "painting the kitchen" and expect no questions.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:22 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Is that George Peppard?? If so, I have a slightly amusing George Peppard story.