Notices

Class of March 2011 Part 12

Old 01-23-2012, 04:47 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Yep. It's the best paint I've found for coverage; the only true one coat paint I've used. Oh, and I forgot a whole section of bannister. I'd be painting 80 spindles to change trim color...not gonna happen.

Oh...and the painting without beer thing? I think I've had a breakthrough. Did you know that you can paint twice as fast, twice as accurate, and remember to clean all the brushes when you paint sober? Whoda thunk it?

Looks like a Northeast matchup for the SuperBowl. Eli vs. Brady. I like the Giants to win. Could be Eli's year. Brady's great, mind you, but, in honor of Frances, I'm going with NY.

Wow did we have a storm rip through last night. One of our bedroom windows that has had a water buildup problem in the past (that I thought I had fixed) was leaking water like crazy. It woke us up at 4 am, when it sounded like a cow peeing on a flat rock in our bedroom. Damn. More work to do. We got an inch of rain in less than an hour.

You'd think I'd be sore today from all the painting, right? Nope. I'm invigorated. Maybe I can capitalize on this and use the energy to start a workout plan. My body and blood type screams for hard workouts, which keeps the endorphins flowing. I woke up in a great mood today, so there ya go.

Anyway...hope the weekend was great for all, and that we all have a terrific week.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:34 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Look at Lofty go! I'm jumping on the Lofty Great Mood bus!

Great 7AM workout at the gym with a friend. It was a little icy this morning so I was so happy to not run outside. I rowed for 30 minutes and then stretched out.

Now to shower and desk and creating a framework for a great happy positive successful connected week.

More bad weird family dreams last night, this time with my younger sis (the one in Virginia who is getting divorced) in the mix. I suspectthat it's my AV taking another crack at trying to bring me down with fear.

TOO BAD, AV, you are a whispery husk with no power. Go back to your corner.

GO GET 'EM MARCHERS!

On Giants winning, I'm happy that it makes my friends happy so I'm happy too. I watched until the 3rd quarter.

Wish you could have seen me texting on the couch last night with my running friends, discussing the weekend's runs and plans for future races. It's like High School only with nice girls instead of meanies. Hilarious.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:38 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Aaahhhh....just finished my "open loop" exercise from Getting Things Done (GTD). Got all the undones in my head down on paper. It feels better already. This will be a productive week! Now my head is clear and I just have to make order of the tasks.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:57 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Ok...one more diversion, then back to it.

I realized this morning that at least 3 of us have March birthdays. We have the 13th, 19th, and 21st represented. Any others in March?

I have a weird anomaly that probably no one else can say. Here 'tis:

I have 3 children, all of whom were born when I was 33, and all by the same wife (and by my seed), and they are not triplets. How can this be?

Solve the riddle, and I'll tell ya the rest of the story.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:18 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

OK....Sir Post-alone is GETTING THINGS DONE! I can hardly contain my excitement. Can you tell I work alone?
Old 01-23-2012, 09:25 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Ha..I know how it can be but I won't tell! Nope, Sir Post-alone, I'm a May girl.

Just took all the food and shelves out of the fridge and cleaned everything. Looks great! Gonna go to the store and put more food in there. Weird how warm it is out there today, the snow is melting fast! I'm excited for the Oscar noms to be announced tomorrow morning. I've done very well seeing what I think will be on the list, but it'll be interesting. Anywhere between 5 and 10, depending on how many votes films get. It's kinda screwy. And you don't really care, I know.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:04 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I'm getting stuff done, and moving along!

Could the answer be 2 are twins and the 1 is born in the same calendar year, 10 or so months later? (What is sometimes called, disparagingly, and I don't approve of this expression, "Irish Twins"?)

Aries girl myself.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:27 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Aries? So, March? or April? I'm the 21st, the first day of the zodiac; an Aries as well.

You are so close, Frances, I'll give you the prize. I was born on 3/21, turning 33; my eldest was born on 3/22; 361 days later, on St. Patricks day, my twins were born, and 4 days after that, I turned 34. So...truly, Irish triplets (but not a drop of Irish blood in the family). There ya have it. Life has been a whirlwind ever since. And, I think I'm married to the strongest woman alive. She's a trooper.

So, 4 of the 5 of us have March birthdays within 5 days of each other. Do ya think it's a little like a second Christmas each year? Uh-huh...

Back to productivity. Today, I wrote down every open loop on a separate sheet of copy paper, which freed up the RAM memory in my head. I could feel the burden lift as I did it. Then I segregated by do-it now, defer (and til when), delegate, or it's a project. I like this system. I've already kocked out three tasks. It's a task oriented system, which I need desparately. Back to it!
Old 01-23-2012, 11:15 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

April Aries!

I really liked that riddle!

Glad you are loving GTD!
Old 01-23-2012, 12:56 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Hey Lofty, I have a St. Patrick's Day kid, too! My oldest!

Wow..that's a lotta birthdays so close.
Old 01-23-2012, 01:35 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Editor

My answer was much simpler.......you didnt let your wife rest that year. AAAAAAhhhhhh I remember 33.....kinda.
fishy
Dave
Old 01-23-2012, 01:48 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Editor

I'm kinda thinkin that I like my sober birthday better than my biological.
I somehow ended up on an astrology link the other day and it had general, male, and female pisces. I was amazed....It was like someone has been following me around and seeing how I react, my career choices, my parenting skills, my cognitive and artistic abilities. It was to a T. I printed it off and gave it to my wife. I dont know if she read it or not......
Who cares she is on week 3 NA and I couldnt be happier. She is in the time frame when she would typically consume a lot of wine. It possibly made her feel better and scared the hell out of me. NADA NOT a DROP. I have a smile in my heart. Instead of hiding in the rat condo. That is the wonderful woman that I married so many years ago!
Life is good!
fishboy
DAve
Old 01-23-2012, 02:12 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

You are the fishboy. I saw the pics of your haul from this summer. Man! I was coveting your fish!

We'll have to have a celebration for the spring birthdays.

Busy night tonight. We're out for the remainder. See ya much later or tomorrow.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:34 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by PeanutButterCup View Post
Aussie, tourist towns are usually in really beautiful locations or have special sights/attractions in them. Would you be willing to tell us about your town? We have one BIG tourist season in May: the Tulip Time Festival, which is one of the 3 largest festivals in the US. I love it! Of course, it lasts 10 days and then is over, except for the summer people who come for the beach here.
I do live at a beautiful place .I live by the sea and we are surrounded by National Park so the village can't grow any bigger than it already is .
The weather here is taking a nasty turn, there is the chance of flooding here, at the moment the rain has stopped but it poured last night and for days before and heavy rain forcast for a few days yet.
Hope all is well for you guys. Huggs from a Taurean Marcher.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:43 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Dave I'm so happy for you! *Says a prayer it just keeps getting better and better for Dave's Wife*

Okily then, Husband is off. I am solo. I have a little bit of anxiety about being left to my own devices but booze is simply not part of the equation. That's pretty great.

Plans tonight:Take care of pooch, eat dinner, set out clothes for morning, watch a little TV, go to bed

Got a busy day tomorrow: Run 5 miles @ 5:30, go to class at 8:15, home at 1. Conference call at 2, networking meeting at 7:30.

Nite and Morning Marchers!

Woof woof
Old 01-23-2012, 06:16 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Hey Aussie! Taurus is a great sign...and I drive one too! (Ford Taurus, that is)

Good idea, Frances. Tomorrow: kids to school, 30 min on lightcycle, get to work on this week's list; 15 calls, CRM and pipeline maintenance, 5 client emails, work on 2 client plans.

Had a good meeting with my potential strategic alliance today. We got down to brass tacks. He is right about a lot of things, and I respect him. I need to plan for some expenses and overhead.

Wife and I went to our first Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University meeting tonight. I had been invited to be a group leader for one of the groups, but there was only enough crowd for 3 and I was the 4th. Just as well. We decided we'll commit to the 13 week course anyway. Even as a planner, finances is the most stressful part of our marriage, so why not try to sing the same song, from the same sheet of music, and I think this class could help us with that.

Anyway, good day, and good night all!
Old 01-23-2012, 07:50 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

I found a website through Valspar (though I know this is not unique to Valspar), where you can download a picture of your room and then try their different colors on your own walls. I'm having fun horsing around with it.

Good news on the wifey, Dave!

I'm a Taurus, too, Aussie! Aren't we supposed to be bull headed and stubborn? I am so not that. Though I think I read a description once that did sound like me. I'll see if I can find it and post it to see if it sounds like you, too.

Quality t.v. night with The Bachelor and the end of the Repub debate. (sarcasm) I really don't know how many times they have to say the same thing, but I tune in anyway. I mean the debates, but this could apply to The Bachelor too, now that I think about it.

See you on a Tuesday....
Old 01-24-2012, 02:05 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Morning! *And afternoon*

Hee hee, Husband arrived in London, bought a pay-as-you-go phone so he can use it for business while he's there, and then called me. At 3AM. Whoops, he did the math wrong on what time it was. The good news is that he arrived safe and sound.

Up and ready to run! Doggie thinks he should eat early. I've explained that will make him VERY HUNGRY for dinner and he should go back to bed.

Lofty, I was thinking maybe it's a good thing you are a student in the class with your wife instead of a group leader? That way you can both relax and focus on the material, and what it means for your family. I hope it's a GREAT experience for you both.

Do you have a fave for the Bachelor yet, Mirage?

Off I go! TTYL!
Old 01-24-2012, 03:54 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

I'm so behind on all your posts again! Gaaaaah!!! And I can't respond to each one this morning.

But, to Lofty, you asked about hearing a clip of our worship team. Trust me, you would NOT want to. We are a really, really unique body of believers. We are not into performance at all ... we are into inclusion and gathering and love. So, anyone at any time can come play/sing/dance with us, whether they have talent or not. Toddlers and little kids come up during the service and dance in the front, and oftentimes we give them mics and let them sing with us. The adults who join us are mostly complete novices who just want to serve in some way. Like I've said before, our church is messy and chaotic and more like a family hanging in a living room, and I absolutely LOVE it! I've been to churches that are closer to a broadway performance than worship, where the musicians have to audition and someone decides if they are "good enough" to use their gifts in the church. I don't like that. Yes, they sound amazing. But to me, that's not what it's all about. I know that many others are into that, and that's cool.

I had some fun yesterday ... I bought new furniture for our living room. Yay! It's simple and medium brown, so I went to Pier 1 and bought really colorful pillows, a blanket, and a super-cool bejeweled multicolored mirror to go over the fireplace. I'm so excited about it all!
Old 01-24-2012, 03:57 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Oh, and then last night I snuggled on a sofa with my 15 year-old (I love that she still snuggles!) and watched several episodes of Super Nanny while we enjoyed the new mirror and pillows and blanket. She said repeatedly how lucky she is to have cool parents who aren't like the ones on tv. That was awesome!