Notices

Class of March 2011 Part 12

Old 01-24-2012, 04:01 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

I am warm all over thinking about your Church PBC. And I think that your super-snuggles with your DD are just as worshipful. What a lovely image of you in your Church Home and House Home, surrounded by love and family.

Dawn is rising, I'm home, taking doggie out!
Old 01-24-2012, 05:54 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Thanks, Mirage, for the Valspar site referral. We are still struggling a bit on which color for the great room walls. The darker may overtake the bright and airy affect the off-white contractors paint brings. So, I'll plug em in and take a look.

Good thoughts, Frances. I wasn't upset to not have been one of the leaders last night. And your point is another reason why I shouldn't be. My dilemma is that, as a financial planner, in my own church, from where many of my clients come, I didn't want to appear to just be there 'cause I need it. It was clear that I was there as a group leader, so I'm not worried about that now. And, there may be opportunity for me to pick up additional prospects through my sharing in the group, although my main goal is to learn the material for the home budget parity reasons I stated. My wife was fighting it a bit last night, but in the end was glad we went. She did the same thing with painting last weekend. I also may be able to become a recognized leader, able to put on these classes in the future.

I think I have a picture of your group, now, PBC. It sounds great. Our band is not so well rehearsed that there is no spontaneity, but Lutherans are pretty rigid, so what you describe would not fly in our church. I'd like it, but I can see the furled brows of those in my church who wouldn't. It sounds like a great way to cut loose in praiseful worship!

Dave, congrats on the DW's success. I can feel your heart smiling! Mine has cut way back, but I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't forget about it altogether in the future. In her time, not mine.

Well, I skipped my AA meetings this weekend, and guess what happened to me last night? I had the most real, and vivid drinking dream I've had yet. In my dream, I was wasted, knew I had quit and was letting myself down, and then woke up, in my dream, hungover (or, still drunk, as it was for me), and regretting my drinking decision. Then, I woke up, and it took me some time before I believed it was just a dream. It was that real. And, I don't even believe I need a blowout. I mean, my tension tics and stuff are up, but not so bad that I believe I need to drink to relax. I should hit my Tues meeting tonight. I haven't been to that one in a while. I'm kinda beginning to believe that if I'm not taking steps to grow in my sobriety, I could be sliding back. I think maybe it takes deliberate effort (such as this on SR) to keep it cognizant to not only keep the disease at bay, but to heal from it.

Oh well, gotta go make the doughnuts!
Old 01-24-2012, 06:02 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Congrats on your new furniture, pbc! Always fun. My 10 yr. old boy loves Super Nanny. Ha..not sure why exactly.

frances..Glad your hubby made it. Ha..I'm sure he knows now he's 5 hours AHEAD of you. I dated a Brit for a couple years in college. Unfortunately this was before email, skype, facebook and long distance plans. Omg..the phone bills. It makes me mad it was before all this awesome technology.

Rough sleep night. Dh woke me at 2:00 am cuz I was groaning. Got back only to have more bad dreams, drinking ones included. I was having a whiskey drink and thinking about how I still do drink on occasion, wondering if I should tell you guys and if my date should change. Stupid. I woke up not knowing if I was hung over or not, like the old days. So I have a headache and started crying as I wrote that, and probably a little tired. On a positive note, I'm sure the day will get better.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:06 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Jinx on the drinking dream AND the posting, Lofty. I was typing mine before I saw yours. Hope your day gets better, too. Make me a doughnut, eh?
Old 01-24-2012, 06:15 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Coming your way! Chocolate or vanilla, creme-filled or jelly? Sorry about the dreams. Uncanny. (that means without can)

And...hang in there. They are only dreams. It doesn't count if we are drunk in them; it's a freebie. We can't let sobriety become a stressor in our lives. It's a gift, and a rare one at that. We should hold it close, and cherish it. If the Temptor wants to toy with us, let him. We are stronger than that.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:43 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Thanks, you're right it just gets to me when it's fresh in the morning. I would like one with chocolate on the top, and filled with creme. YUM. (Isn't that funny how that ad campaign for Dunkin Doughnuts made it into our vernacular?)
Old 01-24-2012, 06:56 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Yep, very well thought out ad, cleverly done. Middle-aged frumpy guy getting himself out of bed slowly, bags under his eyes...wait a minute, that's me!
Old 01-24-2012, 07:32 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Editor

What did I dream about?????????? Oh yea! I cant talk about that on here, but I did have some good dreams. One involved a christmas tree and one a chocolate donut. Are our worlds starting to collide. Better put on your seat belts if Daves world is coming your way!

I do like cuddlin with my ladies!
Good for you PBC! That sounds nice!

I am feelin a little froggy today! This work crap keeps gettin in the way of my SR time.
Ill be back! Make my Day!
DAVe
Old 01-24-2012, 11:43 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Yay for PBC's new furniture, so great!

BOOOOOOOOO for drinking dreams. I hope Lofty and Mirage, that you both sleep easy tonight.

I'll have an apple cider donut, please! Or 9.

Yep, husband has the time thing figured out. I can remember calling a friend who was in Germany on her Junior Year Abroad and it was like A DOLLAR A MINUTE. We wrote a lot of letters. That's the one thing we're losing with Skype & cheap phone calls, the records of those conversations. But I still love them!

Chocolate fit fixed with several pieces of dark chocolate. That'll be it for the day. I ate double chocolate espresso sorbet last night and I think the caffeine kept me up.

Class today was fun--all about soil. I'm a garden geek so I loved it.

OK, one more piece of chocolate. NOW I'm done.

YANA!
Old 01-24-2012, 11:45 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

P.S.--Lofty, I hope you can go to your meeting tonight and I TOTALLY ADMIRE YOU for how you are in action to protect and grow in your recovery.

Really really real dreams are awful, but they are just dreams. NOT REAL.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:24 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Thanks, Frances! I'm pretty sure I can go, since my eldest has driving school on the way and the times coordinate.

Today was from hell! Fell into a bad habit of not getting to it until 9:30, and then my list didn't click. Everything I touched turned to dust. I spent 3 hrs on the phone with the help desk just getting my fax to work, which has been down about two weeks, since the phone service "set me up" with my new service. It all worked great before my set up appt, then nothing worked right. I HAD to get faxes out today, though, so I had to bear through it. Now, I have nothing against foreigners, in fact, I like them. But, if you are going to put one on the phone with me, make sure they are trained! And that I can understand them throught their accent! And don't let them take me on a goose chase for an hour before escalating me to tier 2 help!!!!!!!!!!

My day sucked, my big plans for client calls didn't happen. I was so pissed and stressed, I started to feel a headache coming on, and almost took a muscle relaxer. If the tension doesn't abate, I will tonight, just so I can sleep.

Anyway, I knew I had to do what always puts me in a better mood. Grocery shop. I love buying food. It wasn't time, and we didn't need anything, so I went to pick up he Rx, and get some cumin, tomatillos, and green chiles for the enchiladas I'm making tonight. $135 later, I'm leaving the store, and I run into an old client who tells me she just got married and wants to buy life insurance. Day redeemed. After the AA mtg tonight, maybe I won't need to take a muscle relaxer.

DAVE!!!!!! STOP!!!!! STEP AWAY FROM THE LITTLE BLUE PILLS!!!!! I'd rather have your dreams than mine, but anyway.....

I'll check in later; it's time for Cooking with Jose!
Old 01-24-2012, 01:38 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Woot for New Business!

I got a call out of the blue this afternoon too, from an out-of-touch client, to do some easy-peasy editing for them. Who knows....could be more work there for me.

On Help Desks, if I'm not making progress, I escalate SOONER rather than later. Just do it, your time is WAY more valuable now that you are on your own clock.

Glad your day turned around and I'm predicting a great dinner for you and a restful night.

Off to a networking meeting in 3 hours, have a bit more work to do.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:09 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope those of you having rough times have a better evening and a great day tomorrow

D
Old 01-24-2012, 02:42 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
orangutan

Dee how are you doing in the big wet? We are cut off part of the road in has been washed away and heavy rain forcast for at least another 24 hours and another 5-7 days of rain to come.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:26 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Wow, Aussie, that sounds terrible. Isn't it supposed to be summer? I'm telling ya'...the spin of the earth will reverse soon! Lol.

Thanks, Dee. I hope it's a better day tomorrow too. I'm still out of sorts, even though I cooked a big dinner. I need my meeting. Otherwise, this threatens to be one of those days that sneaks up out of nowhere and - wham, I'd be drunk. Maybe my dream was a premonition to keep my guard up, huh?
Old 01-24-2012, 05:19 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

"Double chocolate espresso sorbet"??????!! You have to tell me where I can find this culinary delight! YUM!

And those enchilladas sound delish, too! (Can you tell I'm hormonal? Is that okay to say in mixed company? )

VERY, very cool on the new client, Lofty! All things work together ... and you know the rest.

Sorry about those dreams. I think I've only had one ... but then I've had a bajillion lapses. Maybe they only come to those who don't lapse, in which case you can consider them badges of sobriety HONOR. You rock!

Frances, congrats on the new work, and I hope your meeting today was productive and full of great potential! Is it as cold there as it is here? It's only in the 20's and low 30's here, but because it's rained so much it feels WET and cold, which tends to chill me to the bone. I'm actually physically shivering as I type this.

I ended up subbing a meeting this morning and then going in to my other job a bit late (the owner said that was fine). A little more $$ is always a good thing, especially after I just bought new furniture.

Actually, though, I have to tell you that I got the furniture for a STEAL. (no, I didn't actually steal it, but close!) I got a loveseat and a sofa for the price that I was going to pay for just one of those pieces, and then as I was checking out they asked if I'd be interested in buying the floor models and getting another $100 off. Um, YES! They'd only been on the floor for 10 days, too. That's totally worth $100. Cool, huh?
Old 01-24-2012, 06:58 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

PBC...that is bargain hunting after my own heart. And good stewardship of resources. The enchiladas were good, but labor intensive. My wife pointed out that it was because I made them from a gourmet site, which name escapes me. Do you work two jobs or three?

Congrats on the new work today, Frances! And your encouragement means the world to me.

I wouldnt normally have stayed on the line today for an hour with tier 1. I must be getting soft. I am looking forward to getting my courage, game and gumption back. Or maybe its called confidence and self esteem.

The meeting was different, but good tonight. 2 newbies. I stayed after and talked with one and told him where the good meetings are during the week.

Oh well, thumb is getting tired on this droid. I will see y'all tomorrow.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:41 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

"Do you work two jobs or three?" -- That depends on how you count. I work 3 jobs for WW -- I'm a meeting leader and lead 4 large groups plus sub on occassion, I'm a leader coach (I travel around our territory training other leaders), and the ambassador (public spokesperson) thing. Then I also work 2 days/week in a friend's boutique. One of those days is at a large, busier location, and the other is at a teensy and quite slow location (that's the day I'm on here the most usually).

"I wouldn't normally have stayed on the line today for an hour with tier 1. I must be getting soft." -- Or perhaps more filled with peace and patience? Some things in life are just going to take more time than they should ... tis reality in an imperfect world. It sounds to me like you handled it quite well and still accomplished what you needed to accomplish. Yep, it's frustrating. And you dealt with grace and persistence (two things that are rarely seen together). Yay Lofty!
Old 01-25-2012, 06:06 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

"Grace & Persistence" <--that's a winning combo and something worth asking for in our lives.

Lofty, how cool that you connected with 2 newbies. I can imagine them waking up with hope today and thinking, "I will not drink today and I'm going to hit another meeting."

Slept late, so nice to wake with the sun up. Last night's networking meeting was good and I got some really really good social media tips that I need to put into action.

Doggie is having a great morning because its above freezing and the muddy ground has all kinds of good smells.

Since husband is away, I've slept on the brand-new guest bed for the past 2 mights as an experiment. I've suspected that our old bed (10+ years) is contributing to my continual mild backache. I keep my back healthier with stretching and chiro care, but it's never really fixed, just managed.

We haven't gotten a new bed because of other bills and in the spirit of, "Oh, it's fine. Just deal with it."

Two nights in, I'm thinking that the old bed has to GO. I already feel better.

Have a great day Marchers!
Old 01-25-2012, 06:13 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

PBC, the brand is Ciao Bella and the flavor is "Dark Chocolate" (I made up the double espresso part, apparently.)

It's super-dooper intense. A half cup serving is almost too much, which is really saying something. By comparison, the Haagen Daz version tastes like like inferior bland milk chocolate.

Lofty, I can see the complexities of being in the class with potential clients and the need to maintain your professional persona even as you are a student in the class. I know you will be able to do both! The best teachers in my life are life-long learners and they model that for me.

(Thinking of my dog trainer, who is always seeking and practicing and trying and modifying what she knows and how she works.)