Notices

Class of June 2011 Part 10

Old 09-18-2011, 05:29 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pumpkin Soup View Post
Good afternoon my friends.

Raquell good to see you are doing so well and congrats on your days.

TP its also great to see you are feeling more positive and Classical - those "glimmers" of hope are important - hang on to them. They are your angels of light - fighting away the devil of darkness that is the AV.

Ive just come back from a wonderful inspiring thought provoking meeting. The speakers chair was mainly focused on the spiritual awakening side of the programme and there were some good interesting shares coming back and I also shared and he gave me a kiss and said thankyou to me for what I said afterwards which has made me feel even more fantastic. Lovely to be kissed by a gorgeous looking younger man on a Sunday afternoon, he is gay so no further projections in my mind in any inappropriate direction but still something to be grateful for

I STILL FEEL HAPPY AND ENERGETIC!!!!!! I cant express how wonderful this is for me. I wish I could give it to you all to feel. I have everything I need and I am grateful for it. I dont mind working hard to keep it. It is so worth it.
Pumpkin, you are a true and excellent example. Despite you depression, you haven't give up. I know you have been feeling very bad, but you kept going to your meetings. Despite your depressed mood (and all the consequences associated), you maintained your commitment, one day at a time: "I wont drink today". You didn't let your AV to deceive you. Despite being depressed, you strived to encourage others. I take my hat off to you, strong woman.

Now you have the reward: happy, grateful, energetic... Congratulations, you deserve this.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:38 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Haven't posted any pics in a while. Here's one I hope you like.

Old 09-18-2011, 05:39 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

And another....

Old 09-18-2011, 05:55 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Drinking can be great fun for non alcoholics. For alcoholics --this forum is for alcoholics-- drinking is fatal. Do you want to stop drinking really? I begin to doubt it.

Brainwash? My God, your twisted thinking is extreme. How would you describe a person who keeps thinking that using a substance that has caused him serious damages is positive? Do you know that your statements may cause damage to others reading this forum? Stop playing, please. For alcoholics, alcohol is not a game, it is a very serious issue. I think that, like Buelah, I need a break from this thread. Toxic thinking.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:15 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Mariano- IMHO you are not being fair to others thoughts. Yes, this forum is for alcohol addiction but we all need to come in here with an open heart and mind. This is a public forum and people may have opinions that vary from our own. I do not think that your statement is fair
"I think that, like Buelah, I need a break from this thread. Toxic thinking"
You are implying that another member has the same thoughts towards this thread as you do which is simply untrue.
Also, " Do you want to stop drinking really? I begin to doubt it. "... obviously this was not directed towards me but even I find it to be offensive.
I apologize if I am out of line here but I could not just idly stand by and not throw my .02 cents in.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:22 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Administrator

These monthly thread is about all of us sharing our thoughts and experiences as we move through recovery - and everyones experiences and thoughts are as valid as anyone elses.

I'll share what I can in the interests of hopefully helping others, but I don't believe I have all the answers or that my experience is necessarily universal.

We need always to respect the rights of others to hold beliefs and perspectives which may differ from our own.

Like the rules say 'Healthy, vigorous debate should further our goals' - but let's not get heated or personal about it - it's not what these monthly threads are about

D
Old 09-18-2011, 06:30 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Yes, I'm peeking....agree to disagree. It's no different than a commitment to marriage. I just need some time to spare to reading. I want to get my strength back in this area, regroup, and then get back into my long-winded posts. But, not for now. But, please every one - agree to disagree. It's okay.

Hugs to you all.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:12 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Obviously, Classical has no real intention to stop drinking. He has said it repeatedly. He is trying to convince himself and others that drinking, even for an alcoholic, is not a big deal, but is great fun, at least in special occasions. This statement is clearly toxic.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:45 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Administrator

ok....It seems I need to post the rule publicly.

4. No Flaming: Posting of any content with the intention of disrupting the forum or inflaming members-be it on someone's person, religious beliefs, race, national background, sexual orientation, or recovery program. This includes flaming, flame baiting, registration of multiple accounts or impersonation of another member. Do not Harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress or discomfort upon another Online Forum participant. This includes flaming on our forums or other public forums.

No posts that attack, insult, "flame", defame, or abuse members or non-members. Respect other members of the community and don’t belittle, make fun of, or insult another member or non-member. Decisions about health and recovery are highly personal, individual choices. "Flaming" and insults, however, will not be tolerated. Agree to disagree. This applies to both the forums and chat.

Ignore bothersome members. If there is someone on the forum that bothers you, select the Ignore option on the drop down menu under their name on the post. You won't see any posts from this member again.
Guys, I eventually got sober after 15 years - SR was a vital part in that eventual success.

I finally had a place where I could be honest and open about what I felt, about where I was in my journey, and feel I was never being judged, looked down upon, or villified for feeling that way.

I'm glad I was given the freedom here to work out my own path and get to my eventual success.

I don't want to get the 'mod stick' out - but I will if I need to, to keep SR, and these threads in particular, a place of support and encouragement - for everyone.

Personal attacks, by anyone to anyone, have no place here - and they stop.
Now.

D

Last edited by Dee74; 09-18-2011 at 08:09 PM.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:54 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee
Old 09-18-2011, 08:58 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Yep, I peek too.

Hey gang--,

Been a while since I posted and I have to say the reason I stopped coming to this site to post is the sort of tit for tat situation "toxicity" we see here once again. I know I've been quiet for a while but I really have strong feelings for all of us here.

Thanks for your endless support Dee and all of you. Keep it positive and supportive.

That's all for now. I am doing well. I hope you all are too.

Buelah--> Since I decided to open my big "mouth" Congrats on the grandkid... I hope all has been going well for you and yours.

Love, peace, strength, support--,

PN
Old 09-19-2011, 01:44 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
instant

Hey Nick. That's great to hear.

I have been in some strange places on my journey so far. I have oscillated wildly in my commitment to sobriety and given moderation everything I have. If I did not enjoy drinking in the first place I would not be here. On balance when all was considered drinking was no longer working for me, in any meaningful sense.

Recovery is a journey and I am committed to sobriety. That commitment has been hard earned. I do not know how robust or enduring my commitment is. I pray my commitment does not waver.

I value all viewpoints, and all members of our thread. You have all contributed so much to me getting "here".
Old 09-19-2011, 04:23 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

PapaNico! Very nice to see you here! I hope that you are doing well!
Old 09-19-2011, 04:23 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Well, I am leaving the forum for the lack of support of the moderator. I strongly oppose posts that advocate for drinking "in special occasions". This is toxic thinking. It is supposed not to be admitted in a forum for alcoholics/problem drinkers. Instead, I keep receiving PM from Dee ordering me to act in a certain way. I don't accept that. Obviously, posts that advocate for drinking are not welcome. I don't want to read that crap anymore. I have asked to be excluded from this forum.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:38 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Irony Alert!
Old 09-19-2011, 04:49 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope we can move on now.

This thread might be the first thread someone sees when they visit SR - I'd really like to think they'll find this thread as it usually is, not the way it's been the last page or so.

If anyone has a comment or a problem, I invite you to PM me and we'll thrash it out that way

D
Old 09-19-2011, 04:53 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Seriously though. It's Monday morning and I feel really good - physically, emotionally and otherwise. I'm excited to get to work later today to take on a project that I've been wanting to accomplish.

Not drinking has taken a good turn for me as I near the 100 day mark.

The one big thing for me in all of this - the one thing that really has a beneficial affect on my daily life and my overall spiritual health is:

The removal of guilt and shame from my life!

Drinking was the skeleton in my closet - the one thing that I was ashamed of - it was the sinking feeling in my soul - it was the proof that I wasn't worthy.

Now that it has been removed frm the mix I feel confident and proud. I can walk tall. I can be the man I've always wanted to be. I'm thinking about my job and my life in entirely new ways - specifically, I am no longer happy with just keeping them going - I want to improve my life...make it better. I want to wring the most from my work life - take on new challenges - new roles!

It's an exciting way to live.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:46 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Classical I have found that the greatest moments of stress and disruption that were met with victory enhanced my sobriety and resolve to remain recovered.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:51 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Good morning classmates!! Leo checking in to say hello and happy to have another day to be truly thankful for! Today is #115 and I plan on not planning, if that makes sense. Only take things one day at a time and keep myself simple and humble. My life is a work in progress and I'm happy to take something from SR each and every day.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:14 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Good morning to my great friends. A big global thank you all for your posts the past few days. I'm going to admit it - I have been reading and not signing in. Since last week when I returned, came clean about having drinks on my trip (with wonderful love and acceptance from all of you, thank you) I had a sense of the vibe changing on the thread and couldn't quite put my finger on it. Well, it came to a head and I don't need to say anymore about it. Thanks for all of you who have the courage to continue to post when confrontation is bubbling. I just can't do it, as confrontation can terrify me.

I was torn. I didn't want to give up my family here, who have helped me live a better life for the past 3.5 months. But I wasn't liking where things were going here....

Have I been 100% successful? Nope. Have I been, say, 80% successful? I'm going to say, YES. I could have never imagined going for 2 days without alcohol in the state I was in at the beginning of June. I've slipped, and have never had to hide it from you. And you guys kept supporting me. I didn't give up. I would have never been where I am today without you. And I'm still committing to this and it WILL work.

I'm so proud of all of you, look at where everyone has come since!!! SOOO many milestones and accomplishments.

I started with individual shout outs for everyone but I don't want to leave anyone out inadvertently or forget something great they accomplished (I'm still a ditz) but you all know I am committed to you and our journey together. I hope everyone always feels as comfortable to be as honest as I have here.

Finally, Dee, a huge thank you for keeping things from blowing up. You are the best.

Day 3 of no smoking (and 3+ of course, no drinking!) Thank GOODNESS for Nicorette! I haven't had one issue so far with these magic little disgusting lozenges.

hugs and smooches to you all

your friend and teammate - Bratnik