Notices

Class of June 2011 Part 7

Old 08-19-2011, 09:35 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

17b

Thanks Buelah, I appreciate the accolades.

Squishy--> Hang in there. I hope you rest easily.

Class--> I think it is amazing that you have a cabinet full of your faves and yet you don't even think about it! That is some serious willpower my friend.

Stay strong friends.

PN
Old 08-19-2011, 09:57 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Hi All,

I have been really bad in not posting recently but I have been working bloody hard in preparation for a huge marketing event next weekend for my business. I bloody love it but it has rather taken over my life.

Whioch of course is dangerous as I might forget myself and take that first drink but so far I haven't and I am absolutely sober!!! Thanks to all you guys, my hp and my willpower.

Yesterday was brilliant. I went to a fair with my gf's family and went on all the rides. The last, a waltzer, I felt absolutely sick, the kind of sick you feel when you have had far too much to drink. But I was sober and though I felt awful I had the time and freedom to enjoy.

Right, I have to go and get work started. I will be back on here this evening though because this place keeps me sober and I need to remember that as an alcy, my head is well messed up and I can't and won't stay sober alone!

Chimp!
Old 08-20-2011, 03:23 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Good to see your ok Chimp

Squishy I hope you wake feeling a stronger and much less sad I hope you can work things out whichever way is going to be best for you and the kids.

Again I read some posts before I went to bed and just caught up with the latest and Im sure there was something else I wanted to comment on or talk about last night but it has gone........

My mum is texting me now for a chat so ill be back in a few hours :S
Old 08-20-2011, 04:01 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  
Love, Light & Peace

Good morning everyone!

Thank you all for being so welcoming. I spend so much time judging myself, it is a wonderful feeling to be accepted by a group that not only doesn't judge, but also understands the difficulty of the struggle we are dealing with!

Squishy -- I am so sorry to read about your rough evening last night. I hope that the path before you becomes clearer this morning in the light of day. Congratulate yourself for being strong for your kids even though the jack@$$ had the gall to chew you out in front of them.

Buelah -- Yup, love me some Bob Dylan! I had no idea Duran Duran did a cover...how fabulous! I am going to have to iTunes that.

Chimp -- Good luck with your presentation!

Tipping Point -- Gorgeous photos...they make me want to move to Toronto!

Animal Parents -- Thanks for sharing all those great pics of your dogs and cats! I miss my cocker spaniel mix a lot...I'm on an extended research trip and haven't seen him since May.

I hope everyone has a lovely Saturday! And again, THANK YOU SO MUCH for welcoming me back with open arms.

xoxoxo
Old 08-20-2011, 04:01 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  
instant

The closest I've been to Morroco is a Meccano set I played with as a kid. I would love to go there.

Guys I cannot keep up the all the pages. I hope you can work out which is the best way forward for you both Squishy and Katie.

I have been working in the yard all day. Painting a wall and digging a trench for some drainage, and putting rubbish in a pile. I am plum tuckered out !!

I have just cooked dinner. My wife wants to watch a movie , Burlesque. My wife is so fit she puts me to shame. Only thing is I don't do shame anymore.

Peace to all.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:38 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Bob Dylan! Now we're talking. I saw him when I was 8, 'God said to Abraham kill me a son, Abe said man you must be puttin me on'. I'll never forget that!

Chimp!
Old 08-20-2011, 05:41 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Gah the English summer, rain rain rain. Still my plans were to catch up on housework today so I guess it suits my day.

Rory how are you doing - please post even if not good - did you get to any more meetings?

Talked to my mum a bit about my thoughts of getting a dog. She is dead against it so it is now probably more likely haha. I cant seem to escape that "rebel" bit in me. Thank fully she doesnt tell me not to drink anymore!!! Our relationship is alot better now but I always used to use the way she p****d me off as an excuse to block out the bad stuff with the even worse stuff.
Old 08-20-2011, 05:45 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  

phew. An hour later I'm done reading the night's posts.

Chimp- good to "see" you friend. Happy all is well.
Classical- awesome will-power. I would be so tempted.
Buelah- loved your bread posts. I did the same thing yesterday, I was crabby, ate a giant jimmy johns sub. Felt better- Then worse!
Tuesday & wiggles & stream & buelah- way to support our friend in need.
Pumkin- "mom just texed for a chat so ill be back in a couple hours" :rotfxko
Squishy- Buelah is right. there is never a good time to leave. Just do it. B had been verbally abusive to me for quite some time. I kept waiting for it to get better and it only got worse. If you want him gone, and he won't leave, then you might have to. Its easier for me because dad has a spare bedroom. But, I have no job. I kept waiting and waiting for the right moment. The right moment never came.

When I broke up with B the original plan was for him to move out. I knew in my heart that he never would and it would just be business as usual. "We are going to be living together for at least another month" he said. frack that.

He flipped when he saw my packed bags. dumped them all out. So I just left without them and repacked when I knew he would be gone. As I pulled out of the drive he put my camera under my wheel to block my leaving. (i ran over it) It sucks. But if your H is such a source of misery and he wont leave, you have to. Unfourtunately for your mate he gets no support from me -fed up with jerk men. At least we have some wonderful, beautiful, smart, funny, children out of it all.

Speaking of cameras- TP wonderful photos! I want to eat at... gah its on the other page... "johns?" The boat place. Looks awesome!
Old 08-20-2011, 06:12 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Couple more pics from yesterday....

Old 08-20-2011, 06:44 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Classical & Blackbird - Thanks for saying it.

Squishy - You gotta make a break from this guy. I've seen it before. Weak men hold emotional bonds over strong women like a knife at thier neck. The woman wants to do the right thing and he takes advantage of that. "Honey I was wrong. Forgive me, Please." but he does not care. He just wants his happy/buzzed world to stay the same at the womans expense. I fear the verbal abuse will spread to the children. Lose this guy.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:03 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Squishy - how are you this morning?

Classical - you posted it right. I always say I don't promote divorce, but I support it if things are that bad. As I said, there is never a "right" time to leave. You just have to do it. There is no ideal situation. I have enough money, my kids are all grown, the house is paid for....the list goes on. Staying in a bad relationship can only hurt children more. They live in a negative environment that is teaching them all the wrong things. I'll remind you, my ex threatened to kill himself if I left. Do you know how horrible that made me feel. That weighing over my head was torture....but, I still did it. I had no choice. There would be no more fights, no more being punched in the back, no more me being a slave to every thing because he worked hard during the day and deserved to relax (all the flippin' time). I, too, had planned and thought long and hard about it, and made my way out. But, I did so when it would be safe. Tuesday escaped with basically nothing, but went back when he wasn't there. I did the same. I actually started slowly moving things out when he was at work. Put my things in a storage unit. And when the day came that I left, unfortunately he was there, but I was able to do it without leaving everything behind. But, you know what I would have even done that if I had to. I had to get out.

TP - I love your pictures. Okay....are the pictures from today any where close to where you guys have one of your awesome outdoor rinks? I so want to come to Toronto again by train. We had such a wonderful time. I couldn't find the picture I wanted to post last night from the outdoor rink by your City Hall I believe. Then there was the one down by the water. Oh, I just loved it. What a great city.

And woke up happy. Oh, I hate when I get a crabby mode over something so meaningless. For some reason when I return from a trip, my fuse is short. I think it's because my mind starts racing again about every thing I have to get done. Besides, I have to keep my chin up as my friend's Mom will be having the ventilator tube removed today, and when they do, she will probably be closer to the end. So, I have to stay strong for her.

Love and hugs to every one. Glad to see every one here, and some coming back to post. Chimp - glad you posted...we miss you around here, but glad the reason you weren't here as much was for good reasons!
Old 08-20-2011, 07:05 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Blackbird - Squishy needed to hear this from you as well, as you are going through this right now. You both can relate to each other so well. Like I said your mind will go back and forth on this as well. This is a life changing decision. All you can hope, is that out of it, the children's life is better, your life is better, and even hope that it straightens out your "ex" to where he can become a better father and maybe find some peace in his life as well.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:06 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  

HeY Lady!

Good to see you here! Missed you!
Old 08-20-2011, 08:09 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  
Love, Light & Peace

Thanks Stream!!!
Old 08-20-2011, 08:30 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Buelah View Post
TP - I love your pictures. Okay....are the pictures from today any where close to where you guys have one of your awesome outdoor rinks? I so want to come to Toronto again by train. We had such a wonderful time. I couldn't find the picture I wanted to post last night from the outdoor rink by your City Hall I believe. Then there was the one down by the water. Oh, I just loved it. What a great city.
Yes...City Hall has an outdoor rink that is quite nice. I think I have some pics from there that I will dig up for you! City Hall sits on Queen street - just a few blocks North of where I took these pictures. Not sure about the rink on the water.

I feel quite good today. I feel like I've taken an important step and I'm now more focused on the task at hand. My wife brought up a good point about me drinking non-alcoholic beer. I wasn't drinking that many - couple here and a couple there but I think it has to stop. I don't think they're helpful. They really don't taste that good. They make me feel bloated. They've got lots of calories. I think it's Mr. AV that likes them.

Working today...so I better go.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:51 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Well put Classical and Steam! I almost equate leaving a toxic relationship to quitting drinking... there is never a "good" time but it has to be done.

Squshy- How are you?

TP- good for you. Kick that AV's @ss!!!
Old 08-20-2011, 08:58 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Well I woke up late today! First Friday night sober in, um, forever. Probably since I was 15. Yikes! And I just didn't want to get out of bed, it was a great feeling

But my troubles have already begun on this Saturday... I normally will have some morning buzz sips on Saturday and Sunday. Sounds good right now, but I think I am going to go shopping to get me out of here.... that rum bottle is staring me down

Squishy, Katie, I'm thinking of you. I just hope the best for your both, that the right actions are taken. Katie, I am so proud of you!! You really seem like you have done exactly what needed done, you have nothing but life ahead of you and no reason it should be miserable! Way to go! And Squishy, I am looking forward (not in a bad way) to hearing from you, how you are feeling today, what are your thoughts...... we are all here to support you no matter what you do, don't be afraid to post

OK, time to go make myself look presentable and enjoy this sober Saturday. This is all very new to me, both exciting and terrifying. I will check in throughout the day.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:59 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by StreamWader View Post
Classical & Blackbird - Thanks for saying it.

Squishy - You gotta make a break from this guy. I've seen it before. Weak men hold emotional bonds over strong women like a knife at thier neck. The woman wants to do the right thing and he takes advantage of that. "Honey I was wrong. Forgive me, Please." but he does not care. He just wants his happy/buzzed world to stay the same at the womans expense. I fear the verbal abuse will spread to the children. Lose this guy.
Wow Stream great quote on the knife to the neck. You are correct. He woke up sorry sorry sorry as always while I sat there and cried. He promised he would stop drinking. But we all know how this story will end. Not well.

Thank you all for the kind words of support and love. Thank Classical for all your wisdom. And to all of you for getting me through last night. I just need to figure out how this is going to go down. :-( I'm running out the door but I will check in later.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:01 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  

TP your photos warm my heart today - what a great eye!
Old 08-20-2011, 10:16 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Ha, ha....TP - I meant by the water...not on the water. Either way, Toronto is a cool city.

Good thought on the NA beer. I have some here for hubby. He truly just loves beer, all kinds. So, if he wants one, this is okay by me. He just doesn't sit there and drink 5 in a row like he would regular beer. I don't feel it's any worse than drinking a pop loaded with nothing good for you. He sits on the swing with me while enjoying it slowly. And that is super.