Notices

Class of June 2011 Part 7

Old 08-20-2011, 06:52 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Glad every one is staying strong. Going to have a nice chamomille tea and head to bed. I have found tea is my fetish now. All kinds. I've made flavored sun tea this summer quite a bit, and love it on a hot day. I agree that nothing should be drank to take the place of what it was you had a problem with. Whatever you drink should be what you enjoy and know that is good for your mind and body.

It is interesting how much we all share here. Things I would have been so ashamed of and wouldn't tell any one. It's nice to know I can finally rid myself of all these closet secrets. It was no way to live. Now it's a liberating feeling to know I can get rid of all this excess weight off my shoulders. Makes my heart smile!

Hugs and love to every one. I'm picking out my hula skirt....just tell me when we are going to Hawaii!
Old 08-20-2011, 07:02 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  

I am so happy to be alone tonight watching ratatouie with my children and just enjoying the silence. Oh happiness....
Old 08-20-2011, 07:03 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  

You all are so wonderful, thank you for your support. :-)
Old 08-20-2011, 07:30 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Hey everyone...just checking in before checking out for the night.

I have a brutally long run tomorrow - 26km. It's going to be a big test for me and will take me nearly 2.5 hours to get through it. Should be fun...I hope!

Glad to see that everyone seems to be doing well. I too like that I'm able to open up to you guys in ways that I just don't with friends and family and even my wife.

I bought a couple of bottles of San Pellegrino today...went down pretty good with dinner. On ice with lemon.

G'Night...
Old 08-21-2011, 04:15 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Hello everyone. This is the end of week 9 for me. Things are going good.

We went away for the weekend in the motorhome. We went around the Cabbot Trail in Nova Scotia. It is one of the nicest trips in Canada but not for a big motorhome. Too much hill climbing than worming down the other side with smoking brakes and the roads are really narrow. Would be a lot of fun on a motorcycle. After the drives, 3 days, I was ready for a beer but I didn't have any and the thought passed. The wife mostly behaved her self on the trip. I took the dog to another Vet and was over charged again but got some pills to control the bladder and these pills seem to be doing the job. No more dribbles of pee everywhere. I expect to be heading out west to work in a couple weeks. Trying to get everything ready for winter here. My plan is to work till the Christmas break out in Saskatchewan.

LTJimmie
Old 08-21-2011, 08:06 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  

Good morning!

26k run is in the books. It was hard - made it though. 2 hours, 17 mins. 5'16" per km. Not too bad of a time really.

Feels good to have done it. I weighed myself before and after and there was a 5 lb differential!

I'll be hobbling around for the rest of the day now.

Enjoy the day people!
Old 08-21-2011, 09:01 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Tippingpoint, it is time that I started exercising more. 8 weeks sober and I have put on a couple of inches (maybe more!). It is something that really annoys me, get's me down, as I love feeling fit and healthy. Well, it is a natural buzz! I love reading of your running! There is a 10k I entered a couple of years back. It is in October, I'll enter it!

Hawaii sounds great!

It is great to be back and reading the posts. It was like being back at uni, skip a few lectures and you can't get back into it. Well, it is a lesson learnt. Drag yourself on here if you have to and read and learn.

Because, life is so much better when sober, even if it is harder work without your head buried in the sand.

Living life sober gives you choices. I am going to make a cup of tea, sit down and choose how I attempt to live this coming week! Choose, not be at the whim of self-induced clouds of drunkeness, actually choose! What will I do this week and how will I do it?

Chimp!
Old 08-21-2011, 09:53 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  
Love, Light & Peace

Classical -- Proud of you! And on another note, please let me know how Fright Night is. I have a colossal crush on David Tennant. Yum.

LTJimmie -- Congrats on week 9!

Chimp -- You are always such a positive person, I really admire your attitude!

Squishy -- Glad you're having a better day.

Today went well, did 7 hours of research at the library and am about to have a Skype date with my husband. He comes to visit in two weeks! So excited!!

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Hugs!
Old 08-21-2011, 09:58 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  

A 10k run is a super distance to run - much more reasonable than 42!

You'll still have to train for it though. I don't know where you're starting from fitness wise but I think you'd want to start out running 3,4 or 5 k. You want to do it 3 or 4 times a week and slowly build up your mileage. I think you're going to want to use one day a week to lengthen your runs - usually Saturday or Sunday. You can still do your 4k runs in the week but then on the weekend you want to try and stretch yourself out to 10k eventually. Take it slow...our bodies simply aren't used to running and in the beginning you'll have various bits of pain in your hips, knees, shins, calfs etc. It can take a bit of time for your body to adapt. Invest in a good pair of running shoes(trainers as you say over there!).

You might want to start tracking your pace and give yourself a goal based on that. I think for a lot of beginners a good goal is to run that 10k race in less than 1 hour. You may be faster or you may be slower and it really doesn't make a lot of difference. The main thing is to get out there and to push yourself a bit. I did a 10k run in 44 mins last week and that felt like a great accomplishment for me...first time I went under 45 mins.

It is a terrific fat burner. I'm running so much these days that I can literally eat whatever I want and not gain weight...burgers, fries, poutine, pizza, coke, sugar in my coffee, ice cream.

Do it!!!
Old 08-21-2011, 10:01 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  

LLL, positive? It often doesn't feel like that. But, I love the fact that is the impression I give. I have a feeling, just a feeling, that I am about to get some bad news. Whatever happens, I'll remain on here this evening. Haha, being dramatic stays with us drunk or sober. It is funny how, sobriety forces you to confront everything, absolutely everything, there is simply nowhere to hide!

An advert on tv has just said 'what are memories made of?' That is what it all comes down to in the end - our memories and earlier I was talking about choices so that is the choice I will make - in the coming week I will create great memories in everthing I do and whatever life decides to throw at me I will take on the chin because I am sober and it is great!!!

LLL, enjoy your skype date!

Chimp!
Old 08-21-2011, 10:06 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  
Love, Light & Peace

TippingPoint -- POUTINE!!!!!! nom nom nom nom

Chimp -- I can only hope that your sixth sense is incorrect.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:44 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Gang, gosh I missed so much since Friday afternoon.

Squish - I am glad you had a nice and peaceful night with the kiddos last night. And I love that movie. I also loved Despicable Me - I don't even have kids to watch them with I"m so sorry I wasn't around to help out when you were having such a bad night. I love ya and am thinking of you. I am also with the camp - you don't deserve this.

Classical, SJ - something definitely must have been in the air this weekend with the SO's cause my hubby was a total turd on Friday. Jennie, did you feel better after you ate??

TP - Before I relapsed at the end of July, I also had a few NA beers here and there. I'm not doing it anymore. It didn't help me in any way, and for all I know it hurt me. So I"m sticking to soda from now on. Full fledged, sugar soda!!! I was at the pool party yesterday and while the sangria and beer were flowing I had a full glass of ice cold Dr. Pepper. YUM. And I ate enough to feel Thanksgiving-full.

Yesterday finally felt like a good day for me from the past couple of weeks where I have felt defeated and depressed. I think I'm finally getting some confidence back. I knew if I stuck to it it would possibly happen. Just ONE good day after a couple weeks of being pretty down gives me HOPE!!!! I'm ready to tackle this upcoming week. Goodness, this feels so much better.

Feel better, Dee!

More later guys. Happy Sunday!!
Old 08-21-2011, 10:59 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  

I love Poutine TP!! I dont eat it much anymore though.

Bratnik- Glad to hear you are feeling better.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:00 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Bratnik! I loved your post! Absolutely loved it. It has given me a real smile to head into Sunday evening with!

LLL, your right, I was incorrect! Still a drama queen I am!

Chimp!
Old 08-21-2011, 12:17 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday everyone! Well I got up this morning and did a nice rollerblade around the park with the kiddos in the jogging stroller. Was hard up and down the hills but I felt great. My hubby on the other hand did not get home until 4:15 am. Typical for gigs, I didn't even care. Something inside secretly wants me to say that he cheated on me one of these times and then I would have a good excuse to give to my mother and grandmother. They don't think one should leave someone just beacuase they aren't "nice" all the time. If they only knew... ugh

Off to write another paper, I feel like that's all I do these days. I can't wait until I graduate.

TP - I am so jealous!!! 26 miles? Holy cows - I do a 5k and I think I conquered the world! How did you work up to that?

Classical - ahhh good times with the fright night! Good thing you don't have the dreams anymore or Stream would be knocking on your cyber door in the morning after that movie!

3L and Brat - thanks for checking on me. :-) You are all so truly wonderful to have as friends and mental help!

Have a wonderful night - I just bought some home made strawberry rhubarb pie from our farmers market. YUM YUM YUM talk about extra inches
Old 08-21-2011, 12:31 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  

What on earth is poutine?
Old 08-21-2011, 12:35 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Hello everybody.

I haven't logged on in a while and for that I apologize. To be perfectly honest, I really don't have much to post and have been really preoccupied with my (sober) life. I see that Juners continue to be the most active posters. Losts of good reading, but I only made it down this thread's recent page.

I haven't thought much about alcohol and seem to have developed some pretty good coping skills. Thinking of weaning off Paxil. Weight is as low as in high school.

Hope everyone had anice weekend.
Old 08-21-2011, 02:14 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  

I'm not sure if I'm gonna be staying around this forum much longer, guys. I haven't made up my mind yet, but I'm thinking I just don't have the time for it anymore. I want to get on with things. I may come and check in from time to time.

I wish everyone the best here! It was great sharing with you all...
Old 08-21-2011, 02:36 PM
  # 479 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm always a bit mixed when people talk about moving on - I'm glad because it means SR's done what it's meant to do - helping folks build new lives - but it's sad too cos I sometimes never see folks again.

To anyone considering moving on, just remember, if you need it, there's always support here....)

and there's a lot of folks here who'll feel your absence - so remember the SR door is always open

and, apologies for the somewhat inopportune timing - but we've reached 500 posts again...

time for part 8 - here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-8-a.html

D