Notices

Class of April 2011 pt2

Old 07-15-2011, 06:14 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Earth Child

Sorry i havent been around things are going well with my sobriety no touched Alcohol and weed in months the only thing is wrong is my eating at the moment am eating under 1000 calories a day. i feel like i have to purge if i eat normally.
The voices i was talking about turns out there alters i have been diagnosed with Dissociative Identity Disorder the alters may post here also i hope that is ok
Hope everyone is doing well
Old 07-15-2011, 11:43 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Talking

WAY TO GO TTQT on 100 days Very proud of you!

What is everyone one doing for the weekend?

I am doing fine! Amazing myself being around people who drink and smoke and not partaking

I am just so blessed to feel so good I have made financial goals that I have never made before(paying my child's tuition in cash before the school year starts, paying off my anunity and having a savings acct)....Never had any of that before when I was drinking. Every $ I had went into the bottle...Bless the Lord
Old 07-15-2011, 01:41 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Earth Child

I have my nephew over for a few days we arent really up to much apart from hanging out in the house and taking things easy.

Kinda struggling right now because my alters are wanting to drink
trying not to myself it just making things harder

Ella
Old 07-15-2011, 02:51 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's good to have you back DA
Sorry about the trouble I read elsewhere with your therapist/nurse Ella

I really hope you'll try to find someone soon tho - sometimes we all need that little bit extra support

D
Old 07-19-2011, 04:12 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Wow our class is pretty dead.

How's everyone doing? Been pretty busy myself.

Anyone here? Echo....echo....echo....
Old 07-19-2011, 04:23 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to see you T

D
Old 07-19-2011, 06:20 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Talking

I am here and sooo happy! I feel like the old me. There is a sparkle about me again

As a result of not drinking, I was able to pay off my child's school tuition for the 2011-2012 school year :arms I am sooo pleased with myself. Started paying for it in February and finished today...$4768.00. I couldn't have done it abusing alcohol. Praise the Lord
Old 07-21-2011, 05:43 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Hello, I am still here, although I use to post in the "class of june" thread, because I joined this web in june. I am doing quite good, although today I had a big craving, caused by the excitement of relocating to another home. I am quitting tobacco also, and it is quite hard (day 17 without tobacco and day 98 without alcohol). I suppose that I will feel better in 15 days, but quitting tobacco sucks... anyway, we recovering alcoholics are quite successfull in quitting tobacco...

Congratulations, ttq on day 100.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:17 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Member - sober since 4-22-11

90 day milestone

Today is day 92 sober for me. Yeah!

I see our thread has died down a bit, which I suppose is to be expected when it gets this old. Glad to see the core is still intact. Keep up the good work everyone.

I've been busy and haven't posted in weeks. Been going out on bicycle trips with my wife, and time just seems to fly by. Played 18 holes of disc golf and got into poison ivy somewhere along the way. Inflamed about 1/3 of my skin, which lasted about a week. But I'm past that and in a pretty good mood lately.

Have taken up target shooting with my wife as a hobby to replace going to wineries and drinking. Shooting is actually a good alternate activity because guns and booze don't mix, so there are a lot of sober people at the ranges. We live 20 minutes from NRA national headquarters and they have a really nice 50-yard indoor shooting range. My dad took my younger brother and I shooting tin cans and bottles in the woods from the time we were old enough to hold a .22 target rifle, but I had not shot much as an adult until last month. It's a fun hobby. I just got back from the Fairfax County Circuit Court where I applied for a concealed handgun permit so I don't have to worry about carrying a loaded gun in the car to the range. Gun laws are strange but you have to learn them and abide by them for your area.

No big surprise that I'm still haunted by the desire to drink. But I'm still surprised that I always seem to crave scotch or whiskey rather than the red wine that was my drink of choice 95% of the time. A lot of time the trigger is seeing someone in a movie drinking a scotch. What is kind of weird is that the desire seems to have kind of come disconnected emotionally, like at some level I want it but at another level I really don't. The thought can come and go, but there is little or no compulsion to dwell on it or give in to it. Anyway, I guess it's all part of the process, which kind of sucks, but it sucks a lot less than being drunk/hungover/out-of-touch all the time.

Well, time to go find out if the root canal I had done on tooth # 3 is ready to be capped off. That was another chunk of time and money that took a bit out of me the last couple of weeks. All in a day I suppose.

Be well!

Lee
Old 07-22-2011, 09:25 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

92 days. Awesome SOS!

been busy too and on vacation next week so you won't be hearing much from me.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:04 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Talking

Mariano, GREAT job quitting cigarettes!!! I quit when I quit the alcohol and it is NOT easy by any means... I can say it gets easier tho

SOS, that is a fun hobby that I never considered. It would be better than just shooting in the backyard. Congrats on Day 94

TTQ, enjoy your vacation next week. Any special plans for your vacation? Any cleaning?

So proud to be in the this group and to be sober
Old 07-24-2011, 03:02 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

I'm still here, too! 95 Days for me, and feeling great. So glad to hear some other success stories for we Aprilers...I do miss my quit buddies that fell by the wayside. I think only 3 out of 6 of us with the same sobriety date are currently still sober. Am hoping to see them on here again, one day.

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer!
Old 07-25-2011, 04:25 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

@TTQTTFG --
No matter what I think, what I say, what I do, or how much I worry, other people make their own choices, and they aren't always about me.
So true, and glad to see that realization in you. It will bring much needed relief from the stress caused by trying to "save" others. In my case, worrying about my daughter and the destruction her bad choices were bringing to her life was ruining mine. But I'm finally getting past that.

Not boozing has been good for my health, more than even exercise. I've dropped only a few pounds and am back to excising about the same level I was a year ago, but my blood pressure is the lowest it has been since I started monitoring it 6 years ago: 111/79. And I'm still 25 pounds heavier than I was then (5'11" and 274 lbs, argh). Now I'm curious about my borderline cholesterol problem that my internist wanted to put me on Statins for, which I declined to do. On my last blood test on 4/1/2010 it was 212 total (below 200 is goal), 134 LDL (below 130 is goal) 51 HDL (above 45 is goal) and 134 triglycerides (below 150 is goal). Most people would probably just say "no duh! are you surprised that constantly drinking to excess was bad for your health??" I was always worried about liver function, and took milk thistle every day to counter act (or at least mitigate) the damage, but didn't think as much about other systemic degradation from being toxic all the time.

Anyway, seeing is believing, and I can say with certainty that long-term alcohol abuse caused my blood pressure to be higher than normal. The good news is that after only three months, the effects are reversed. I'm glad to see these low numbers. And no, it is not a fluke. I check my BP about the same time in the morning after showering, before eating, and when there is a change (like this morning), I check it again after 10 minutes. I only check it occasionally now, since I believed that weight loss was the key for me to get my BP down. I still believe my BP is elevated some due to being overweight (simple physics of pressure on circulatory system) but seeing this drop which has held constant over the past few weeks is a bonus.

Time to go to work and raise my BP some, but I'm working on ways to keep work from consuming me so much. Hope everyone has a great week!

Lee
Old 07-25-2011, 06:07 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Just check in to say I am OK, 103 days sober and 22 days without nicotine, but feeling a little depressed, tired, insomniac and irritable, most probably because of the lack of nicotine. I hope this will pass soon. I have read that the withdrawal sindrom of nicotine lasts 1 month, more or less, so I have only one more week ahead. I usually post in the "class of june 2011", since it was in june when i joined this web.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:46 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Mariano,

Congrats on 103 days sober and 22 days without smoking. I gave up smoking 23 years ago (pack and a half for 5 years) and it was one of the toughest things I've done. I succeeded for a couple of weeks at a time before that, but found that when I went out for a drink with someone, I inevitably ended up smoking too, and then just started back the next morning. I finally found that I had to quit alcohol, caffeine and nicotine all at the same time. It helped for me to busy myself with something else as much as possible. At the time it was computer programming. It does get better over time and for me anyway, after the first month or two it didn't haunt me as much as booze still does after three months. But that is gradually getting better too, so in the long run if we hold out, we win!

Keep up the good work.

Lee
Old 07-26-2011, 04:32 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Talking

Originally Posted by sos22032 View Post
@Time to go to work and raise my BP some, but I'm working on ways to keep work from consuming me so much. Hope everyone has a great week.
I know what you mean by work raising the BP. Work is a big trigger for me. When school/work begins again, I am going to try to be more laid back and not be so stressed...It is what it is.
Congrats on the bp and other levels dropping. That is just awesome!

Originally Posted by Mariano View Post
Just check in to say I am OK, 103 days sober and 22 days without nicotine, but feeling a little depressed, tired, insomniac and irritable, most probably because of the lack of nicotine. I hope this will pass soon. I have read that the withdrawal sindrom of nicotine lasts 1 month, more or less, so I have only one more week ahead. I usually post in the "class of june 2011", since it was in june when i joined this web.
on 103 days Mariano. Just stick with not smoking...At 22 days without nicotine, cigarettes will taste really gross. NO TURNING BACK Like I said, it does get better!
Old 07-28-2011, 08:48 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Hello all! There's so much to catch up on here, and first I want to congratulate everyone for all their progress and success in all areas! You all continue to inspire me on my sobriety journey even if I don't always post. Thanks for all your posts, and I'm happy to see the Class of Aprill 2011 still moving forward

My wishes to all for a happy, peaceful day.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:42 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Still here--but struggling. Lost my sister and can't get above water.

I am so glad to see you are all being so successful. I have not been as successful--since she died nothing makes sense yet--but I have actually done better than I would in the past because of the work here on SR.

So I'm having chicken noodle soup for breakfast and planning a long day in front of the TV.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer. Working on it.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:35 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Missy, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. Hang in there. You and your family are in my prayers.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:38 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to see you still posting Missy

Have a good weekend, all

D