Notices

Class of April 2011 pt2

Old 08-08-2011, 04:30 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Talking

Originally Posted by lovetorun View Post
...and while I'm still online I just want to say hi to everyone! I hope all is well, and that everyone is having a peaceful, sober day. My day is a bit lazy today, and I'm loving every lazy minute of it

I am SO grateful to be sober today...and just want to share that with all of you!! Today is 106 days for me...and I never, ever believed I could live without alcohol. What a journey!
I am so happy to be sober too! I blogged today that this is the best summer ever : Everything seems better since I am not drinking. Never thought I could be sober for this long. This is a 1st and I am loving it

Although today in the grocery store I was eyeing the wine and the coolers...But I walked past and got some popcicles

to the Aprilers...Press on
Old 08-11-2011, 05:37 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

I got reccomended to this thread through Carol...My sobriety date is April 23rd 2011. I'm doing fairly well these days. Just went on my first holiday in years and keen to get out and about again as it was a complete success. Like sos said it's like don't sweat the small stuff.

So the 23rd of this month will be about 4 months sober and I've improved in leaps and bounds during this time. I've lost 9 kg in total I'm down to about 101kg and I'm 6 foot 1 so I'm looking alot better these days and have been complimented by my Dad even. On the negative side of things I started smoking again while sober maybe 15 to 20 a day but I know I'll quit again when I'm ready.

My anxiety levels are down to a minimum which is a great relief as I've struggled with this all my life. I've been reading that being sober between 3 and 6 months can get even better so I am looking forward to more good times and better quality of life in the days leading up to 6 months. Hope I'm not off topic here but thought people with similar sober time might like reading this.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:31 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Good to see you checkmate.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:10 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome checkmate

to answer the question you asked elsewhere - my 3 to 6 months were mainly consolidation I think

I knew I was changing by 90 days...but it probably took me another 90 days to realise I really was happy - and to trust that feeling

D
Old 08-13-2011, 07:50 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Checkmate
Old 08-14-2011, 10:06 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Hey Aprillers.

I have found a home AA meeting. Yay. I really liked it and will throw myself into it. I'm sober today and feel good. This is my last act on SR this morning and I feel ready to face the day.

I hope you are all happy and healthy and that your day brings you lots of love.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:12 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

welcome josh and checkmate!

missy, glad you found a meeting you liked...i just came from one i like. good stuff. i almost didn't going because it's raining like crazy here and i felt like being lazy...but i'm always glad i went.

hope all are having a peaceful, sober day!
Old 08-18-2011, 08:28 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Aprillers? Where are you? For me it's Day Eight. I'm going to plenty of meetings though I won't get 30 in 30. I am "working" my own program. I will attend my noon meeting whenever I can. I will read the BB each morning (excepting super busy mornings) and I will come here each day. This is important work, but I'm doing it.

I hope you guys are all well and successful.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:40 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Talking

Good work Missy

I am still here Aprilers :day6 It has been 5 months as of yesterday and I am still sober. This is the longest I have been sober from alcohol since I was 16. Happy for our success and ready to(as I said when I was drinking ALL THE TIME), "keep the party going."

My parents and aunt have been visiting this week. ALL of them are crazy and control freaks....I understand why I drank so much. They are nerve racking. Some days, I just left the house and went for a walk alone to clear my head and be rid of the negativity.

Other than family getting on my LAST NERVE, I have been enjoying my last days of vacation. My child started school this week and I go back next week. I need prayers and positive thoughts as I go back to the biggest trigger of them all - MY JOB! Yesterday, I bought Joyce Meyer's "Battlefield of the Mind" to help with the biggest trigger. Looking forward to a good school year with my students
Old 08-19-2011, 04:51 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations indakut

D
Old 08-28-2011, 07:10 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Where is everyone? I started back to school. WOW! It was a rough week. Drama on the job, drama with my child, I got dumped my the guy I had been seeing and other stuff...I wanted to take a drink but opted for a nap. When I woke up, I felt better but the problems and issues were still there. Just learning to live with things and confront other things...That's all you can do when you no longer drink to help you solve problems.

Hope everyone is doing fine
Old 08-28-2011, 07:28 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations on your first week back Indakut!

D
Old 08-30-2011, 08:55 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Hi guys. I start school in the couple of weeks . Oh well.

I'm still doing well enough. No recent dramas to report.

I have cooled off on the AA meetings. They were depressing me. There was a sense that I had to go because I had done something terrible. Also, I just cannot accept another responsibility during my school-year life. So, for now, AA is on the back burner.

Sobriety isn't. I am doing better and am sleeping a lot. I had a lovely day yesterday and expect today to be as nice.

I hope all of you are doing as well.
Old 09-05-2011, 10:30 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

I'm still here! Doing well and feeling great.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:36 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

I'm still here too! Making progress, feel good...
Old 09-08-2011, 01:37 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

hi

How's everyone doing?

I've got a long, whinney, complaining post I've been meaning to write for some time now. But I'll spare you the agony of having to read it.

Suffice it to say I am and have been very busy. I've been reading but not posting. I'm still here though. 5+ months later. Not easy but surviving.

T
Old 09-08-2011, 02:01 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  
Administrator

great to see you ttqttfg
sorry things aren't easy, though.

D
Old 09-13-2011, 06:20 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Hi everyone...it's been awhile since I took the time to sit and post, although I usually get online at least once a day to just check in. Life has been really busy. I'm doing good on my end, hope everyone is too.

And...today is 142 days sober!

Peace to all.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:34 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Glad to hear it LTR. Good job! Happy that things are going well for you.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:50 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

@ LTRun. How do you feel on this 142nd day?

Saturday will be 6 months for me. Can't believe it has been 6 months. Can't believe I am still sober and not wanting to go back to that lifestyle. I truly believe that my 25 year + career in drinking is over Good riddance! Throwing up the DUECES

added bonus: finally losing weight