Notices

Class of December 2010 pt 7

Old 06-02-2011, 04:14 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

OK peeps......just did season one episode one of SOA........Yes, Jacks is pretty hot! LOL. Some of it is quite crude but I will stick with it a bit to see. Gosh his mom is one tough cookie. Speaking of having to be tough......I am pretty sure my best gal pal and I are no longer going to be friends......it's a tough one but I feel ok about it. She has changed alot and is still quite the drinker. It's bad for me to be around. Not just the drinking.......moral issues I cannot stand behind.......not that I am in any way perfect but like Dexter, I have a "code." lol..........that's the biggest thing in my life right now.....making changes and growing......dumping a best buddy is not easy, in fact it hurts like hell.....but it's time........gotta do it for me, right?

MGF, did you enjoy your sober ride home? Sounds like things will be changing up a bit in your world too.....I guess all of us are re-designing things, ha?
Old 06-02-2011, 04:15 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Picky, picky. Come on, I'm an American. You're supposed to be impressed that I know what an Australia is.
Hilarious
Old 06-02-2011, 04:41 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

You guys can have your cheesy cheers.
I scream for ice cream.

VC, Hooped was right about giving SoA a few episodes. They took their time fleshing out the characters and raising the suspense level, but it pays off. Definitely gets better... but not sure it gets less crude. You're just lucky it's on basic cable and not HBO or Showtime!
Old 06-02-2011, 05:31 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Ok, I need to try SOA! Great day at a water park with my big boy...sleepy and happy tonight. So happy to check in with you all!
Old 06-02-2011, 06:09 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

My Muskie, my brother's hands.....no shot of me holding this monster.

Note battle scars from recent spawning activity.

Old 06-02-2011, 06:15 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

R&A I love Henry Rollins! He's gnarly. Big fan of black flag too.

VC def keep watching it! And I know how hard it is to cut off a best friend. I did the same not too long ago with a buddy of mine and it was a hard decision but I think it was the right one.

Ya MJ jump on the SOA train!!
Old 06-02-2011, 07:01 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

BF, my first concert was Village People, Chicago Stadium, 1979.

My second concert was St. Vitus and Black Flag at the Cabaret Metro in 1984.

I like to think it was a positive progression.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:07 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mygrandfather View Post
My Muskie, my brother's hands.....no shot of me holding this monster.

Note battle scars from recent spawning activity.

OMG OMG just LOOK at that thing. I'm impressed and creeped out at the same time. You actually EAT that?

Okay, you all have convinced me. I'm checking out SoA tonight.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:14 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

What's up guys and gals. Just checking in. I'm still going strong. I hope you are all doing well!
Old 06-02-2011, 10:13 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Hey, RW, always glad to see you drop by!

MGF, it may be just spawning activity to you, but somewhere out in that lake there's a very lonely Mrs. Muskie, crying through razor-sharp teeth...

Sorry about your friend, VC. I think you're right about putting your needs first right now.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:05 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ReadyAndAble View Post
Hey, RW, always glad to see you drop by!

MGF, it may be just spawning activity to you, but somewhere out in that lake there's a very lonely Mrs. Muskie, crying through razor-sharp teeth...

Sorry about your friend, VC. I think you're right about putting your needs first right now
He went right back in the water! It's catch and release for this particular fish.

RW, great to see you. I catch your interesting posts in the general forum from time to time, keep it up.

VC, I think we will all see at least one or two people fade from our lives, to me it;'s a measure of how real a friendship is. Don't wanna be around me if it's just coffee? Ok by me... In fact, Soph's story sounds so familiar, the friend who is anticipating being out of commission..I dunno. It's just not a positive way to live and there should always be time for old friends.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:14 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

It's catch and release for this particular fish
In that case, there's a scared Mr. Muskie in the lake, frantically checking his calendar to see how much time he has before the next spawning season...
Old 06-03-2011, 07:50 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Hey group its friday! woohoo!!!

I ended up passin out at around 8 last night bc of how tired I was from work. Woke up at 6 and enjoying a few cups of coffee before its back to work. I have to say even though I have some off days I could not be happier about finally staying sober for longer than a week again, feels good!

MGF that is an intense lookin fish! good job!

Hey RW glad your going strong! stop by more often!

GFCO jump on the SOA train!

I have some major studying to get done this weekend but also want to watch some more SOA.. on season 2 now, episode 4 or 5 I think.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:27 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

VC the tough biker momma is none other than Peg Bundy from Married With Children if you didnt notice. Her real life husband is Kurt Sutter, the creator of the SoA series. He also plays Otto in the show. Absolutley brilliant stuff. Episodes left me with my mouth hanging open thinking 'no way they can top this' but on it goes with more...what a ride! And the music? Fabulous!

I can relate with the distancing yourself from drinking friends for sure. I don't want to be around it. After they've had a few the talk just gets stupid and boring. When I drank myself at least it would get tuned out somewhat but being sober..well there are other healthier things in life I'd rather be doing than hanging out with drinkers.

Which brings me to Mrs. Hooped. It's been over 2 months now. I'm actually grateful for all this time by myself.

Nice sunny weekend coming up here.

Got 2 AA meetings I plan to attend.

Still no sponsor. That will come when it's meant to I guess, but in the meantime I'm working through the steps myself.
I'm on step 4.

Actually keeping a big book on my nightside table and I read some pages every night before I put out the light.

Not turning into a 'thumper' or anything but whatever will keep me from drinking 'just for today'... I gotta do it. I can never drink anymore, not like a normal person anyway.

One drink and I'm gone, pounding them down for days until I'm so physically sick I can't drink anymore. I'm brutally aware that the next bender could very well be my last. I'm pretty lucky that I've already gone through my 9 lives and then some.

Hang in everybody!
Old 06-03-2011, 11:58 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Hi Guys, happy Friday.

For me "Peg Bundy" (Katey Sagal) in my world, is Leela the one eyed beauty on "Futurama" which my son and I have been fans of since it started back 10 years ago at least. We are huge Matt Groening fans at my house. I would know her voice anywhere. May have to check out SOA just for her...

Hooped, I don't have a sponsor either, and I am also working step four but I know for a fact that at step 5 you have to be able to have a person to talk with. I have never made it to step 5 and I am keen to. Many program members have said that their cravings "disappeared" after doing step 5. Which is hopeful and cool.

Everyone else, have a nice day and thanks for checking in.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:26 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

I'm keen to get to Step 5 also Soph.. and realize we'll need a sponsor for that.
I'm pretty sure if/when we get a sponsor, they're gonna make us start over at step 1 again anyway.
All in good time.
The groups I've attended have some real 'gems' amongst the wreckage.
I figure by hanging around more and going for coffee or lunch or whatever with the gems after the meetingis is the way to go and eventually get a good sponsor.
I've gotta start doing that...there's more to it than sitting in a room for an hour and with the chance of those 'cravings' being lifted...well I'll drink to that! (Pepsi)
Old 06-03-2011, 01:27 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

btw...
Katey Sagal is a pretty good singer too.
On SoA she is doing the vocals on 'Ruby Tuesday' and 'Bird on a Wire'.

Seems they have their own house band for the series. The Forest Rangers. They rock.

Like I mentioned....the music is awesome! Got me right from the start. A crow in the middle of the road, then the roar of a Harley and the Black Keys 'Hard Row'
kicks in....I'm like...wtf?.....had me right from the start lol..
Old 06-03-2011, 01:32 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Hey guys, I did the steps with an on-line sponsor, and did step 5 with my therapist...i might get a sponsor someday in real life, but it worked for me.
Old 06-03-2011, 04:37 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Wanna know the nexus of these two topics (AA and biker music)?

Steppenwolf!

Old 06-03-2011, 06:23 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Have a great Friday night everyone