Notices

Class of December 2010 pt 7

Old 06-01-2011, 12:00 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

No offense taken, GFCO nor anyone! I really was just clarifying. Also going to meetings is really humbling. I don't know jack. The people at the meetings I attend? They are really living it every day and the years tick by and they are still there living it! Makes me feel like a newby in this crazy recovery stuff!! ;-)

We're fumbling along in it together! All good. ((Group hug))
Old 06-01-2011, 04:13 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

GFCO, you make 28 sound so old—you're still a baby, lol. It sounds to me like nobody here has figured out who they want to be, at least not fully. I know I haven't. The one thing I do know is this: the person I want to be doesn't drink.

Hooped, I finished season 1 of SoA. You're right, it got better as it went. The last couple episodes were really intense. I'm definitely ready for season 2!

MGF: Did you check the Muskie at the airport or bring it as a carry-on item?
Old 06-01-2011, 04:34 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

I am sorry my friends! I am still here! Computer crash big time. Looking thru all the latest....cool news! Will report soon, promise!!
Old 06-01-2011, 04:36 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

PS......28 old?

Then i have died 3 times over, like Dee......lol.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:37 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

or maybe Dee is a spring chicken????????????
Old 06-01-2011, 05:23 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've been feeling like an old boiler lately LOL but I think I'm turning the corner VC - good to have you back with us

D
Old 06-01-2011, 07:27 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Lala salama everyone
Old 06-01-2011, 07:57 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

R&A I'm on season 2 now of SOA and it's gettin so crazy! I'm lovin it

VC glad to see your still around!

Today was a pretty good day, work was super busy. The girls were all talking about drinking and I always am just kinda quite. They don't know about my drinking past and I would like to keep it that away. All the talk about the fun times makes me think about drinking but I was able to get those thoughts out of my head pretty fast.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:42 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

LOL everyone. I don't feel old! I just don't have any idea of who I want to be. Seriously, like on a "chocolate or strawberry, dogs or cats?" level hehe. I recently realized how stupid it was to never have anticipated being over 21. Joke's on me

Glad you're back VC! I was worried about you!

MGF, we need an update on that muskie, STAT! I googled 40 inch muskie and I'm not going to lie, what I saw freaked me out a little bit. Google "huge muskie" and it gets even worse. You're like that guy from River Monsters.

BF, awesome job again. How many days has it been? Quite a few, right?

R&A, Soph, MJ, Nota, Hooped, & Dee, my best wishes for all of you. Dee, good morning! Everyone else, good night!
Old 06-01-2011, 09:46 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  
Administrator

afternoon but who's counting GFCO
D
Old 06-01-2011, 10:02 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Yay, VC is back!! Now don't disappear on us like that again...that's why God invented Kinkos. Really glad to see you back!

Holy crap—I just Googled muskie too. They look like the monsters reported by sailors back in the day.

Lookout, MGF, this one could be out for revenge!

-
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
moonlight-muskie.jpg.jpg (27.3 KB, 33 views)
Old 06-01-2011, 10:16 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

If you tried to put that fish in your carry on they'd call out the SWAT team.

Howdy VC glad you're back

SOA? ..Awesome huh?
I have the soundtrack too.

Day 25 tomorrow but still just one drink away from a massive bender.
Like being a diabetic, this requires daily maintenance.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:14 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
afternoon but who's counting GFCO
D
Picky, picky. Come on, I'm an American. You're supposed to be impressed that I know what an Australia is.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:04 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Hooped Quote: "Day 25 tomorrow but still just one drink away from a massive bender. Like being a diabetic, this requires daily maintenance."

Yes Hooped, so true. I am on Day 28. (When I was on my work trip in Toronto, I caved the very last night and had 2 glasses of wine with my friend and her work colleagues.)

The slip was unremarkable on the outside but very noticeable on the inside. I was so upset with myself. Started over May 5th, ironically, cinco de mayo.

Daily, yes. A daily reprieve. Hope you all have a wonderful and sober day!!
Old 06-02-2011, 06:20 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Me again, I just wanted to comment on something. I just got off the phone with a really good, old friend of mine from my hometown and I am going to be back there next week. She said, how about Monday evening, and I said no, I couldn't but how about Monday morning, for coffee?

She laughed and said, given that Sunday night "the game" was on and she was getting together with a bunch of people, that meant Monday morning would be "pretty dicey" - her words! LOL. Four days in advance she was planning for a hangover. And basically saying no to seeing me! Or at least - no to seeing me Monday morning.

Those are the people I have been surrounding myself with for, oh, 25 years or so?

Living the drinking life doesn't just take time away from yourself, it usurps quality time away from important people who want to be with you. MGF's brother is another prime example. I really felt for you on your trip, MGF.

As a sober person I hope to be available for friends morning, noon or evening. Looking forward to spending quality time with new friends too! :-)
Old 06-02-2011, 07:24 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Good morning!, My dog had to pretty much drag me out of bed this morning, I just wasnt feelin it at all. 2 cups of coffee and hoping for a mellow work day even though I know we are booked solid this morning..

GFCO- Im on day 25 today.

Soph when I was drinking it def took me away from everything. There were several times when I would flake on people when we we had plans to hang out bc I decided I rather be at home with my drink in hand and after awhile I lost several friends to drinking. I think alcohol and drugs pretty much want you to ruin your life.

Well I'm off to work. but hey on the bright side, I am off at 5 instead of 6 today, woohoo!
Old 06-02-2011, 09:28 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Wow, Soph, crazy priorities, huh? And just to drink while watching a game—like she hasn't done that a million times, each of them indistinguishable from the last, indistinguishable from her Sunday to come. Just like all those morning-after war stories MGF was hearing on his trip. It's all seems so repetitive and boring to me now! But yeah, I'm in no position to judge either. I blew off so many people and things. No more though!
Old 06-02-2011, 12:07 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Wow, I have just spent and hour or two pouring over the last few pages of the group....such awesome stuff! Some made me sad......a lot made me laugh........good, good stuff.

I am taking a "me" day today.......catching up here, running some laundry.....bills, that kind of thing. I will hit it hard tomorrow.

Sure is nice to be back online!!!!!!!!!!!! I missed you guys!

I do have one huge question. It is important, so make sure you are seated......ready?

I currently cheer for cheeseburgers. Is that wrong?
Old 06-02-2011, 01:25 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Hahaha VC cheer away! Cheese burgers are good!

Well I knew it, work is chaos! On my lunch right now and looking forward to 5. I have been so busy I havnt thought much about drinking which is nice. It seems to be when I have a slow day that those thoughts creep in. I think I'll be passin out by 9 tonight for sure.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:59 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

BF, who needs drinking when we got Season 2 of Sons of Anarchy! Stayed up way too late last night; I'm now officially hooked. Love seeing Henry Rollins play the second-in-command of the sociopathic white supremacist group. I can totally picture the writers' meeting:

"We need villains that make our gun-running biker gang seem like good guys by comparison."

"How about mimes?"

"Nah, we already had a clown last season."

"Guess that just leaves neo-nazis... Hey, what's that muscle-bound guy from Black Flag doing these days?"