Notices

Class of December 2010 pt 7

Old 05-28-2011, 11:35 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

BF your weekend plans sound very good. How about that, ex BF sober and you sober!? Sounds like if you guys are still friends then he can be a good support and vice versa. I know that the more people in recovery I hang out with, the easier it is for me. Hope you have fun! Oh and the movie is called "Everything Must Go."

MJ, you'll do just fine. And whoever is eating and drinking everything you are eating and drinking (you know, that little human being in your belly?) really thanks you for not swilling poison. And the little ones outside your belly do too! They have a mom who is present for them - just think - they will NOT be at Al Anon in the future! Because their mom doesn't drink. :-)

VC thanks for the pics. How are you doing?
Old 05-28-2011, 02:16 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Going to see "Cave of Forgotten Dreams" today... Jealous? Quiet weekend here. We moved near a national forest where everyone goes to get drunk and shoot guns so traffic has been crazy for Memorial Day. I hope nobody gets hurt! Glad I'm going to be waking up tomorrow and Monday feeling refreshed and able to appreciate the beauty around us.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:42 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really don't like parties where everyones drunk anymore MJ so I empathise - I usually get out of there as quick as I can....I'm not scared or tempted, it just bores me.

If it's at your house you should be able to get away and hang with the kids or something like you said - you can shoo the revellers out if they're too over the top too, can't you?

I hope it won't be as bad a drinkfest as you're fearing, but whatever happens I know you'll be fine

D
Old 05-28-2011, 03:44 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Yes GFCO actually I am jealous...!! I really wanna see that. Hmph!!

But good for you to stay sober among the crazies!!
Old 05-28-2011, 04:21 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Thanks, all! Party not til Monday...tonight is Indian food & relaxin...

Have a great saturday!
Old 05-28-2011, 06:44 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Mj fajitas sound good! yumm.

Today was pretty good. I went down to the beach in the morning and met up with my ex bf then went to see hangover 2 which was pretty funny but I think the first one might be better. Then we went over to a friends and hung out for awhile and ate some bomb pizza. Pretty tired now so just going to watch a little tv tonight.

Soph I just watched the trailer for that movie, it looks kinda good.

Hope everyone has a good night.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:06 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Saturday night, sunset here in the Northwoods. Crickets and frogs and loons all making noise. And mosquitos, ugh!

Hope you all are having a great night. Lot's of wind today and no fish. We had a couple of nice smallmouth yesterday, I'll post some pics. Now I find myself without much to do. Brother and his GF are over at the bar and I just don't feel like going over there. Not that I feel like I will drink, I won't, but I just don't feel like being around it.

But it's not terribly fun hanging out here at the cabin alone either. I hope I'm not looking too much like an antisocial during this trip. Maybe a full week was a bit too much.

Chat with you all later, stay positive!

Old 05-28-2011, 07:14 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Congrats to nota and nikkle on making 6 months!
I guess R&A and Mgf are almost there too, or maybe already there?

I'd like to see Hangover 2.. I thought the first one was a hoot.
Recently saw Limitless, which I enjoyed. Interesting concept.
Also saw the The Frankenstein Syndrome. Pretty good actually, if you're into that kind of stuff (horror movies).

I love these sober weekends. They seem so much longer. I feel like I've rejoined the living and I want to hold on to that feeling.

Take care folks!

*I didn't see your post when I posted mgf....that looks like a wonderful place to be! Enjoy the symphony (Crickets and frogs and loons all making noise) Awesome!*
Old 05-28-2011, 08:12 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

MGF lovin that pic! It looks so peaceful and relaxing!!
Old 05-28-2011, 09:18 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Mgf awesome pic. Maybe that can be your avatar

Hooped I saw Limitless too and really enjoyed it. Had no idea what it was about and just watched it cold, one day when I took my son to a movie with his buddy, it was on at the same time. Good way to spend a few hours!!

MJ I ate Indian food also tonight with a sober friend. At one point the waiter leaned in behind me to ask how things were and I jumped a mile! It was funny, we all laughed.

BF glad you had a good day. What is bomb pizza?

'Night all...
Old 05-29-2011, 02:29 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Woke up for no reason in the middle of the night...MG, that sounds like a tough evening in paradise. I also feel like I'm becoming antisocial...maybe it's who I was always meant to be, or maybe it will get easier to socialize sober. Do you have a great book along? Maybe nezt time, you need to bring a sober friend. Hang in there...it will never be the first sober camping week again!
Old 05-29-2011, 06:27 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!

The morning is just picture perfect. Some Canada geese squawking outside, birds, some kids playing.

Ok Soph I will try the avatar thing, I have a few good pics to choose from. MJ, I have an awesome book through which I plowed last night, it's called In the Garden of Beasts by Erik Larson, he also wrote Devil in the White City. This book is about the US ambassador to Germany in the mid 1930's when Hitler was consolidating power. The book is more about the Ambassador's family and how they adjusted to life there after having lived in Chicago and then how they saw the country change for the worse. It's a great read. Devil in the White City is amazing too.

I was just thinking to myself, this life change cannot be a solo effort. Life in general shouldn't be solo but something like sobriety and making it permanent is just hard to do on your own. I should be on the lake now, we should have been out there two hours ago...instead I got two snoring lumps in the next room. Waiting for them to get up and move is like getting a 100-car freight train rolling. Would be nice to have someone to go out on the lake with. Maybe next year.

On the positive side, I feel pretty good, I have no worries about last night, no headache, and six months is indeed approaching. Middle of June for me.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:18 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

At one point the waiter leaned in behind me to ask how things were and I jumped a mile!
Soph, I'm about to post. Just wanted to let you know so you won't be startled.

Heck, MGF, I wish I was fishing with ya. Hang in there--those lumps in the next room may not be fun, but they're giving you a lot to think about. By the way, I haven't read the new one, but thought Devil in the White City was a fantastic book. I bought it for the killer part, but ended up enjoying it most for the Burnham chapters. Was really cool to go to Chicago after that and check out some of his buildings.

Had the kiddie b-day party yesterday; cake, a jumpy house, and lots of fun. Woke up to a drizzly morning, but won't stop us from swimming at the Y's indoor pool.

You guys sound great. Hope you all enjoy the day!
Old 05-29-2011, 08:15 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Soph I ment the pizza was bomb, like really good! It was from a lil italian place.

R&A cake and a bounce house sounds fun!! howz that knee doing?

Im over here enjoying a second cup of coffee to start the day. Thinkin about checking out that sons of anarchy show today. Its pretty overcast here and then every once in awhile the sun pops out for a bit. I actually enjoy the over cast weather, its perfect for having a lazy day in my pj's!

Someone posted over in the newcomers section about online AA meetings and so I checked it out and downloaded a few on itunes. Im listening to one right now and theres some good stuff the people are sharing about. Anyone else ever listened to them?
Old 05-29-2011, 11:41 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Thanks BF I went and dl'ed some of those tapes. I'll be using them for sure if I find myself wavering, or even giving them a listen when I have some quiet time.

Sons of Anarchy is the bomb....lol...start with season 1 ep1 so you get to know the characters...its like a soap opera the likes of you've never seen before.

21 days here today and still truckin.
Been keeping a 'drinking' daytimer...this year so far.. 13 days drinking....137 days sober. Moving forward one day at a time.
Old 05-29-2011, 12:11 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hooped I just picked up season 1 from a friend. I'm going to watch it in a bit. And hey I didn't know we were both on 21days!
Old 05-29-2011, 12:22 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

MGF, I love Erik Larsen. Devil in the White City was so well done. It's something you think about when it's not happening - when you're finished with the book. I'll have to check out Garden of Beasts. As a history major, I'm always impressed when someone manages to make a history book read like a novel.

Guys, Cave of Forgotten Dreams was so so good. We saw it in 3-D. Loved it. But then I came home and drank 6 beers. So much for a peaceful weekend. Like VC said, it's the same. Why do I have to keep checking to see if it's changed?
Old 05-29-2011, 02:09 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Girl, i heard that movie was great. What made you crack a beer, do you think?

Had another nice quiet night with my sweet husband (who didn't have a beer...not that I noticed...joke). I am feeling nauseous almost all the time which sucks, but also makes even wine seem nauseating. Wish I could always feel nauseous about wine.

Mg, I thinj you should hit some AA...plan on bringing a sober pal by next year...or sweet lady who will only drink what you don't like and not much of it.

Mj
Old 05-29-2011, 05:42 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Sounds like a great, relaxing night, MJ. My neighbor's having a big party tonight; it's 5:30 and the voices are already getting loud. He invited me a few days ago, but I've got my girl with me all weekend, so good excuse to pass. Anyway, not tempting in the least. I do plan to sneak out later tonight and eavesdrop. I did that last time he had a party, and it reinforced that drunk people are only entertaining to other drunk people. To the rest of us, they are sooooooo boring!

Watched the original "Hangover" last night. It was pretty good, but didn't quite live up to the hype for me. Back into "Sons of Anarchy" tonight—I'll be interested in how you like it, BF (The knee is still a bit swollen and painful, but better. Thanks for asking!)

GFCO, what happened? And what's your plan now?

VC, how you doing? You were supposed to hibernate in the woods, not after you got home!

Speaking of woods, I bet MGF is hearing the loons again about now. Jealous!
Old 05-29-2011, 06:09 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

R&a, report funny gossip here!