Notices

Class of December 2010 pt 6

Old 05-04-2011, 09:27 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Yum, MJ. I just had dinner but that made my mouth water.

Dee, hope you feel better!

VC, laaaaaaaame about the phone tag. Sounds like a bunch of amateurs. At least you got to use the overreaction guy. I've always wanted to use it, LOL! I think my language skills are regressing because I use so many smileys. There's one for every occasion! Too bad you can't talk in smiley.

Good job, BF Lucky #13.

To anyone who was wondering, jumping rope is fantastic motivation to keep doing it because all your jiggly parts jiggle like crazy. Places I didn't know had jiggles were jiggling, hahaha!

R&A, MGF, Soph, Hooped, Nota, PHRD, and anyone else I'm forgetting, hi and all my best wishes. Night, all.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:39 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

The jiggly parts? LOL

My belly seems to have become a bit jiggly.

Not very good with a skipping rope though..... so I'm looking into taking a 1 day ocean kayaking course on a Saturday this month. Get out on the water..YEAH!

Costs as much as I used to spend on a weeks worth of beer.

Take care Decemberites!

*No small rodents were harmed during the creation of this post*
Old 05-05-2011, 06:03 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Good morning!

Kayaking is so fun, Hooped. I've had close encounters with sea lions, dolphins, and lots and lots of leopard sharks (they don't eat people—or boats). Good way to put that old beer money to work.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 05-05-2011, 06:26 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

That sounds like a great idea Hooped and that kind of life infusion will do wonders for ya! Good for you!

Great sounding food, MJ. That's the best thing about traveling!

R&A, saw a Liberace commercial this morning and thought of you. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was thinking of getting you a new outfit for July 4th:

LOL.....that made my morning. hee hee. I think you best go on this site somewhere and "drag" a couple guys to join the site! lol.

GFCO, I am not sure I want to know of all the parts that jiggle on me!

BF, 13 days? That's awesome!!

Well, got some bad news? Maybe? I just learned the application for that gov. job is on "medical hold." Medical hold? Got an email stating that I would be getting a FedEx package that would further explain this and give me the next steps. Hmmmmm......the first thing that comes to mind is that my urine test was "too clean." That happened with this last job of mine........too much water.....the second thing that comes to mind is the breast cancer?? I don't know but I am totally crumming over it. I feel like now everyone else in the running will be ahead of me.....but........I guess it is what it is, ha? Still kinda bummed..........this process is exhausting. I went online and Googled the medical hold thing, seems like many have experienced the same thing........many sounded ready to give up. Hmmm again..........

Anyway, finally a gorgeous day here, I have another job lined up for today so it's all not bad, right?

Take good care today Decemberites!
Old 05-05-2011, 09:15 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

lol, Yep, that's how I roll, VC!
Old 05-05-2011, 10:55 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

By the way VC, it sounds to me like it could just be a minor bump, not a big obstacle. Keep in mind that the web skews toward angry and annoyed folks—people who get stuff resolved quickly and happily don't usually feel the same urge to go online to tell the world. Would you have even mentioned the car guys yesterday if all went well? I wouldn't read too much into it yet—it is lame that they didn't give you more info right from the get-go though...
Old 05-05-2011, 11:03 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Hang in VC and don't get discouraged.
I doubt they would be sending you FedEx packages if you were not still in the running.
Things will work out.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:40 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Vc, thqt is cojfusing and frustrating. Letnus know what's in the package. Today so far, I've plowed through coffee, yogurt parfait, and dumpling platter with ginger ale. Yes, platter!
Old 05-05-2011, 12:08 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Hi Guys. Back from Toronto, tired but all right. It's been fun reading all the posts. Between the squirrel mug shot and Liberace's patriotic dance togs, with DQ blizzards thrown in for good measure, let me say you guys are quite entertaining.

Good to see the group hanging tight and weathering trips, snacks, man colds, jiggles and medical holds...keep up the great work!

PS I had some shoes not too unlike those, in 1st or 2nd grade! Ah the 70's!
Old 05-05-2011, 01:41 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Welcome home, Soph!
Old 05-05-2011, 02:53 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Here's to 999 posts, R&A! woo!
Old 05-05-2011, 03:19 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Welcome back Soph!

That Liberace pic floors me. Lol.....
Old 05-05-2011, 05:07 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

hi everyone!

Couple of long days but I am doing good. Today at work there was a surprise Cinco de Mayo party...fun time, food, .....sangria and beer. I was fine but it was odd being in the same room in which I had such a terrible bender back in December...and someone brought that up.

I almost had a panic attack on the spot I was so uncomfortable. Man I tell ya, it just aint worth it. But all ended well, I helped clean up, watched the hangers on put 'em down, even had someone ask me if I was ok to ride my bike home. Surreal.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:50 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Wow, I can imagine that would be both surreal and uncomfortable, MGF. But maybe also kind of awesome in a way? I mean, what a difference between then and now. And it sounds like it wasn't the presence of alcohol that made you uncomfortable, just the ghost of Christmas past. And after today's party, that room symbolizes something really positive. In a way, maybe even the Christmas party takes on a different meaning: it set you on this bright new path.

I didn't even know I was at 999 posts, GFCO! Dang, I wasted my 1,000th on some other thread too. Oh, well. Post 1,111 will be cooler looking anyway...

Goodnight everyone!

EDIT: Oh, wait this is my 1,000th post.

Last edited by ReadyAndAble; 05-05-2011 at 10:53 PM. Reason: I can't count.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:37 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Mg, congratulations...you're a different person now than you were then, and it's been hard. You're amazing.

I am continuing to eat my way through NYC. Dinner was calamari, mac & cheese, scallops, and then bananas foster for dessert. And I cannotnbelieve how cheap my dinners are now!

One more night in the city, then back to real life.

Mj
Old 05-06-2011, 06:47 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

TGIF Decembers! I for one am thrilled Friday is here. Long week!

R+A congrats on 1,000 posts. That is one thousand times you did something other than pick up - and were productive!

Maryjan you sure you don't have a tapeworm? Hee hee.

VC now don't go find a picture of a tapeworm to post...unless it is a dancing one wearing glitter shorts and smelling like lavender! LOL

MGF, BF, Nota, Hooped, GFCO, Dee and anyone else I missed, have a great day.

You stay classy, Decembers!
Old 05-06-2011, 09:16 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

OK, are you guys ready for this? Medical hold. Got the FedEx letter............it's for my thyroid. I had it out like 10 years ago??? I take one pill a day and no worries? Now I have to go to my doctor, get my "prognosis" and the last 12 months of labs........lab with an "s?" Plural? Really? I try and check it once a year, maybe?...........my goodness.....this is a process.............my thyroid? What a waste of money and my time.

Another morning event.......got a call from some National Women's Business something or other. I did apply for it, figured it was free. YEAH RIGHT! $600+ a year! HA! Anyway she kept hammering me and hammering me.......ended up with a cost of $169 (funny how that works).........and how would I like to pay for it.......... She started to really get on my nerves and I just hung up on her.......I can't stand people like that! Now what??????? What's next!??? LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Well I am out of here till late Saturday. I am heading up to Helena for the state bowling tourney.

Take care of each other when I am gone. lol. I sound like mommy. he he he....

And R&A, I am putting you in charge as you are the MAN!!!!! lol.

Oh now you've done it Soph.......a challenge to find a dancing worm......of any kind........

Could not find one with shorts tho!

Hi to everyone, have a safe and strong weekend!!
Old 05-06-2011, 09:35 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

What's for lunch, MJ?
Attached Images
File Type: gif
whtworm_wiggle_w_animado.gif (12.3 KB, 35 views)
Old 05-06-2011, 09:49 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

LOL!

Old 05-06-2011, 03:02 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

No tapeworm, I'm just a pig! Big lobster roll and fries for lunch!! One more day, then it's yogurt-town for me...