Notices

Class of March 2011 Pt 4

Old 05-05-2011, 07:21 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Yes, you CAN be exceptional all the time ... you are. You just need to understand it's who you ARE, not dependent upon what you do.

To quote C.S. Lewis, "There are no 'ordinary' people. You have never talked to a mere mortal."
Old 05-06-2011, 02:36 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  
is really trying!

Oh Wow, the wisdom on here lately is uplifting, inspiring & amazing. Huge, heartfelt thanks to all. Cycling joyously through Friday with nary a wobble. Just as well Yoli put those bike racks on the bus! These bouts of anxiety & depression are AWFUL, but thank God, they DO lift. Have to remind self to Grow Up and take these on the chin instead of trying (and failing) to drink them away. Don't be alarmed fellow Marchers,have not fallen far, more an intense DESIRE to, which is gone, for now anyway.

You/we ARE amazing. Many wishes for all who struggle today with whatever stones & stray dogs are in the path of your cycle on Sobriety Street en route to Serenityville.

Happy weekend x
Old 05-06-2011, 06:08 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Had a good time out for Cinco last night. Thought I'd be up all night with all the iced tea I drank, but I fared ok. The girls know I quit drinking and they asked me some about it. I think one of em is kinda envious as she talks about how she should do it, too. And one of the husbands who I didn't sit near (couldn't see him), asked me if I drank during dinner when I hugged him goodbye. When I said no, he was all happy for me. It seems everyone I tell is super supportive and more than that, they're like proud of me. Gotta say, it feels really good. I wasn't keen on telling people, but I find it's making me feel stronger and better about myself. I really needed this boost, as I was internally beating myself up for so long.

Anyone have Mother's Day plans? Mine are a bit up in the air as we have a soccer game smack dab in the middle of Sunday. Really, coaches?? I'll let ya know. I don't care, but I have 2 moms (mine and husband's) who do! TGIF everyone..hope you're all doing well today!! Love you!!
Old 05-06-2011, 06:46 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Grouphug! Grouphug! Grouphug!

Mother's Day is an emotional trying time for me. Sigh.

I have just made plans to bring my step-mom and dad a homemade coffee cake Sunday morning. I plan to visit for an hour. I have already sent a card.

In the afternoon I'm going on a group dog walk with a dogtrainer I LOVE. These walks are healing therapy for my fearful dog. He gets to experience walking in a pack with nice friendly dogs. It is so healing for me to see him happy. SO FUN.

Focusing on the positive!

How's everybody doing today? QOTD: What's your favorite dessert?
Old 05-06-2011, 06:50 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Mirage, FABULOUS JOB last night! I'm so glad you are getting such great support from your friends!

Rebel, I wish healing for you from depression and anxiety. Happy to hear that today is better! I know a little about the former and a bit more about the latter. Sending you sunshiny lighthearted thoughts!

PBC, that is my NEW FAVORITE QUOTE. TY!
Old 05-06-2011, 08:45 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  
is really trying!

QOTD - don't really DO dessert, not much of a sweet tooth. My idea of heaven would be 4 starters & no main course or dessert. LOVE starters!! If HAD to have dessert would be pear & almond tart & whipped cream Mmmmmmmm

Thanks for all the virtual hugs, they really work. Feel very well & at peace today. Now, please do SOMETHING about the weather before we drown... (remember the apocalyptic drought warnings a week ago?? Bit premature as it turns out)
Old 05-06-2011, 11:55 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

LOL! Did the apocalyptic drought turn into an apocalyptic flood? Meh..either way, it's the end of times. I'm with you on the starters! We have a place in Detroit called Small Plates..you'd love it. You just order a bunch of appetizers.

Hmmm...deserts. I love me a desert. Have I had one I DON'T like? But, I'll go with a nice cheesecake or piece of pie or Blizzard from Dairy Queen, or cookies or ice cream, or chocolate bars or cake or...ok, I can't think of any other deserts.
Old 05-06-2011, 05:50 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Mirage, NICE work last night! You should be proud of yourself! ***standing ovation***

Hmm .. Mother's Day ... I have no idea right now. I won't see my mom, but will probably call her. We're not close at all. As for me, I lead worship in the morning, and that's all I have planned. My oldest daughter brought me flowers yesterday with a card, and my youngest made me a ring. I did learn (through teaching weight loss) that Mothers' Day is the #1 dining out day in the U.S. So maybe we'll have to join in the bandwagon and go out after church! We'll see.

As for the QOTD, I'm not a big dessert fan, either. But, since stopping drinking, I do enjoy sweets more than I used to. (Not getting my "sugar fix" from the sugars in the alcohol anymore, which is a natural response. A great number of alcoholics prefer salty over sweet for that reason.) My first choice would probably be a warm brownie with a scoop of Moose Tracks ice cream and some hot fudge. Yum!

I'm off to watch Pretty in Pink with my oldest daughter and hubby. LOVE this 80's music! It makes me want to tease my bangs up high and "tight roll" my jeans ... ha!

Hugs to all my March buddies!
Old 05-06-2011, 09:38 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

We are having big lunch at my parents house for mothers day. Should be fun, my dad is making his famous, delish curry chicken.

I am still sober so if you count my drinking episode of last weekend tomorrow will be 1 week. Doing pretty good with the no drinking. Luckily aside from feeling like crap on sunday I luckily didn't have any other horrible sde affects. I actually am kind of glad it happened because it did nothing at all for me. So now I know I'm not missing anything..

In other not so good news I have a herniated disc OMG it is so unbelievably painful. I can't sit in one position for any length of time otherwise I can hardly move. I did it at the gym. OUCH OUCH OUCH!!
Old 05-07-2011, 04:37 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Morning Marchers!
Rebel, sorry for the rain and ty for the pear tart inspiration.
PBC, that sounds like a lovely day.
Kimbie, ow ow ow, poor you! Hope it heals quickly. Sending you internet-ice-packs.

I love birthday and wedding cake and icing. I don't eat it often but when I do I enjoy it as part of a happy occasion. I like special treats that are hard or dear to come by and appreciated all the more so because of it.

Yesterday afternoon was a clear sunny Friday that made me think of white wine in the backyard after work to kick off the weekend. I was a little sad. Why can't I just have a glass of wine like a normal person? Because....I don't drink like a normal person.

I thought about last 4th of July when I snuck out on an "errand" to buy more wine and hide it so I would have "enough" to keep my buzz on. {sad}

So I drank 1.5 liters of fizzy seltzer instead last night. Instead of feeling shameful I'm going to feel happy that this summer season I will be awake and present and find joy in being instead of drinking.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:00 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  
orangutan

Hi Marchers,
again I am way behind on the posts so there are to many to reply to and days old as well so I will just say congrats to all who are still sober.
Kimbie so sorry about your back it must be the worst type of pain it makes it impossible to do any thing.

Day 55 still sober. I see the Doc tomorrow for my results not sure I want to hear them though.

Take care my friends.
Old 05-07-2011, 04:46 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Hey how's everyone doing? How many are still here?

I'm home from rehab, have 45 days (I think?). REALLY glad to be home.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:26 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  
orangutan

Congratulations on 45 days Raindance.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:18 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Welcome back, raindance! I hope rehab was a positive experience for you and that you feel good about going forward!! Glad you came back here after you got home!

Good luck tomorrow, aussie..we'll be thinking of you!

Thanks, PBC!! I felt good about it!

Kimbie..glad to hear the not drinking is going well for you..so sorry about your back. That's gotta hurt. Back problems are rough..hang in there and rest!

frances..good goin on reaching for the seltzer instead. With time, those feelings of frustration should subside, I'm sure. We'll do this!!
Old 05-07-2011, 10:46 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Hey!!...How'd I miss this??? March 28th. Thats my day. Peace all.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:57 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Welcome home, Raindance! Nice to meet you, congrats on successful rehab!

Hi gymi, welcome to the bus, glad to have you along on the journey!!! You have found an amazing group of supportive peeps :day6 I really like your quote.

aussie, praying here! Let us know when you can, please.

Reb, thinking about you and keeping up the prayer!

Francis, don't know how I missed mentioning - CONGRATS on running the half marathon!!! Or RUN, lol And WTG with the seltzer!!!

Dee, you o.k.? Just busy, I hope! Miss you.

Kimbie, hope you heal quickly! Does NOT sound like fun. 1 week today, keep it going!!!

PBC, thanks for the inspirational post and quote!!! And, yes, alcohol is just a dirty little liar, none of us wants friends like that

NVGal and Dusty (thought you were saying it was Dusty in Austin, guessing that's your name?), thanks for checking in! So GLAD to see you! Might have to repost the roll-call, we still are missing some peeps, pray they are all good!

becoming!!! Congrats on 63 days, WTG!

bevin, thinking of you, praying too!

I know I missed some, but keeping you all in prayer/good thoughts! You all are the best, I owe most of my sticking with this sobriety/recovery thing to you, thanks!!!

The darkest of dark organic chocolates for me, just a little piece at a time - my big treat since going near totally sugar free!

DH leaving for England today, wbb late Thurs. DS took SAT finally, we home educate, he was gonna wait another year for college, but decided to got this Fall (mid-Aug!). Thinks he scored well enough to keep his spot at the college he wants and that wants him. Empty nest rapidly approaching, not sure how I am going to handle non-stop togetherness to nothing overnight! Glad I should have lots of practice being sober by then, I already want to drink just thinking about it.

Happy Mothers Day!
Rosie
Old 05-08-2011, 09:59 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  
is really trying!

Welcome to the Mighty Marchers gymi & on your sober time!

on Whiners, so nice to have you here too.

Hope you all had great weekend, still feel upbeat & optimistic. Only 7 weeks til we go to US, MUST get thinner.

Expect to hear a lot about this over next few weeks, apologies in advance. Assumed weight would melt away once I got sober, but although my face is much thinner everything else is woefully similar. You know how they describe Posh etal as 'lollipops' cos their head is biggest part of them??

Not me.

Gather it is Mothers Day with many of you, here it was back in March (yep, sober for that too!), so a very Happy Day to all who nuture, be it human offspring, pets, plants or parents.

Peaceful, loving, sober day to all x
Old 05-08-2011, 10:05 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Reb, I thought it would melt off, too! Such a huge drop in calories, right? Not so much. Like you, my face is thinner, and I have lost a bit, but not what I expected. Bummer!

We'd rather have you sober than thin
Old 05-08-2011, 11:25 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Happy Mothers' Day! I'm actually struggling a bit today. In past years, my Mothers' Day treat to myself was to hang out in my room drinking and reading until I fell asleep ... "resting" for all my usual hard work. I know it's dumb and won't make me feel any better, but a big part of me really wishes I could celebrate in my usual way. I won't, but I really do want to.

I think I'm just in a carpy mood, actually. There was some sort of a sound glitch this morning, and my mic got turned off. It really ticked me off, as I'd spent a good amount of time yesterday working out harmonies that sounded great in rehearsal. I know intellectually that it's petty ... I guess I'm just kinda grumpy today.

Then my father-in-law wanted to take us out for lunch, which was nice and all, but he chose a restaurant that I don't care for and honestly, I didn't want to go out to begin with. Yep. I'm just a complete GROUCH today. I need to work on my attitude in a huge way.

Hubby wanted to take me out for dinner tonight, too, and I really don't want to go out for food again. So, I asked him to take me out shopping for some new books instead ... and we're about to go now.

Welcome to Gymni! Don't worry ... I'm usually much more positive than this. I'll be better tomorrow.

Kimbie, that sounds AWFUL! I pray you feel better very, very soon. Like NOW.

Rebel and Rosie, don't hesitate to PM me if there's anything I can help with (weight loss related). I'd be happy to do what I can.

I'm off to meditate on rainbows and unicorns ... and try to pull myself out of this funk.
Hugs to you all!
Old 05-08-2011, 01:12 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Ha..I'm a bit grumpy, too, PBC! No real reason I guess. I'm not a big fan of lots of visiting and activity. We were going from 9-4:00. Ok, that's enough, can we be done now? It's weird cuz I'm social and good with people, but I might be an extroverted introvert. I just really like the quiet times.

I hear ya Rebel..I thought I'd melt like a snowman. I'm disappointed and it sucks that apparently I'm gonna have to actually work to lose a few. Don't worry, you'd look freakish with a giant head and little body.

Gymi..welcome and congrats!!

Lofty..hope you're doing well, would love to hear from you.