View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 11:25 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  
PeanutButterCup

Happy Mothers' Day! I'm actually struggling a bit today. In past years, my Mothers' Day treat to myself was to hang out in my room drinking and reading until I fell asleep ... "resting" for all my usual hard work. I know it's dumb and won't make me feel any better, but a big part of me really wishes I could celebrate in my usual way. I won't, but I really do want to.

I think I'm just in a carpy mood, actually. There was some sort of a sound glitch this morning, and my mic got turned off. It really ticked me off, as I'd spent a good amount of time yesterday working out harmonies that sounded great in rehearsal. I know intellectually that it's petty ... I guess I'm just kinda grumpy today.

Then my father-in-law wanted to take us out for lunch, which was nice and all, but he chose a restaurant that I don't care for and honestly, I didn't want to go out to begin with. Yep. I'm just a complete GROUCH today. I need to work on my attitude in a huge way.

Hubby wanted to take me out for dinner tonight, too, and I really don't want to go out for food again. So, I asked him to take me out shopping for some new books instead ... and we're about to go now.

Welcome to Gymni! Don't worry ... I'm usually much more positive than this. I'll be better tomorrow.

Kimbie, that sounds AWFUL! I pray you feel better very, very soon. Like NOW.

Rebel and Rosie, don't hesitate to PM me if there's anything I can help with (weight loss related). I'd be happy to do what I can.

I'm off to meditate on rainbows and unicorns ... and try to pull myself out of this funk.
Hugs to you all!