Notices

Class of March 2011 Pt 4

Old 05-02-2011, 05:09 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Lol! You rock, Yoli!! Man, I wish I could really take these trips. I saw that Ayers Rock on Oprah! haha. It really did look very cool. She did a cool 2 day series in Australia that was pretty interesting.

Hope you're doing well! Left foot...BLUE!
Old 05-02-2011, 07:35 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

So my doc put me on 7 days of antibiotics. The pharmacist informed me that NO alcohol could be taken with this med, I said no problem.

Walk out to my truck, look across the street to "my" liquor store, and I want to drink!

Sneaky little alcoholic mind! I rarely even think about drinking right now, someone tells me I cannot have any for 7 days and suddenly I feel deprived! Interesting to observe.

And thanks everyone for your kindness!!! Rivets and parachutes all ready to go, I knew that AF training would come in handy someday! and I absolutely LOVE my newly customized seat

Rosie
Old 05-02-2011, 08:46 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  
Administrator

It really is sneaky Rosie...but as long as we always remember how sneaky it is we should be ok

D
Old 05-02-2011, 10:35 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've been speaking with Akasha - she wanted you all to know she's doing well - she's in rehab, she's fine and she aims to be back in early July

She wishes everyone the best
D
Old 05-03-2011, 04:17 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Hi Marchers!

I'm a little behind, so I'm not going to address everyone individually today. I will say a big 'ol WOOO-HOOOOOOOOOO to Frances for running over 13 miles! And to all who've stopped in in the last couple days, it's so nice to see you and hear that you're hanging in there!

I didn't sleep much for a few nights and, after working, was just kinda dragging. Then on Sunday we had a volleyball tournament that lasted 14 hours ... hence I just haven't been on here much. I am still doing well, although I find I'm more tempted on those nights that I'm tired. I tried to get to sleep a bit earlier last night and will hopefully feel a bit more motivated and in control tonight.

I hope you all have productive, meaningful days today! Hugs all around!
Old 05-03-2011, 04:58 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Mirage, that would have been hard for me. Glad you are feeling better.

Elfgirl, I wish I could watch your kids for you for 10 minutes so you could catch a breath. Caring for little kids is exhausting and consuming, in my Auntie experience. Sending you vibes of strength and patience.

Hi Dave!

TOI--I love CHOCOLATE! Really good chocolate. Way better than booze.

Hilariously, the bronchial infection husband brought home from a business trip last week has taken up residence in my lungs. I need to get to the doctor today, my chest is rattling on each breath. I'm amazed that my body was able to fend it off long enough to let me run 13 miles Sunday. That's proof enough for me of my body's wisdom.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:06 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  
The Winner Takes It All!!!!!

DAY 44 - HEAD NOT SORE

I had a cracker of a weekend, as was my brothers wedding, and the first official gathering I have ever been sober to. I must admit though I didn't expect it to be good. My initial thoughts is that is would be boring and everyone else enjoyed the day, but I had time to take stock and take the day in, and best of all had the full knowledge of the days events, something I can't say about my own.

I was surprised that many people didn't quiz me as to why I was drinking pots of tea all day, it later emerged that my brother had promised to break anyones wrists if they bought me a drink lol!, I even had a nice slow dance at the end with the wife, which topped a really lovely day. Better still didn't have to head next day, while the wife was taking her lazy day to the extreme with her monster hangover.

I am getting more and more plaudits the longer I keep this going, and the money is slowely sorting itselft out, and if things go as planned, we will be having a weekend away in 4 weeks with the £400 FREE money we will have saved in 2 months due to me stopping drinking, and taking a grip of my life. It just seems at the moment one good thing leads to another, whereas before it was one bad thing after another. I am starting to see the light now as to the trap I was in, and shovel load by shovel load, I am slowely digging myself out of the hole I was in.

Wedding pics are on my Facebook, find me if you would like to be a friend - Simon 'Fudger' Evans (there is only one of me)!!!
Old 05-03-2011, 06:12 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

PF..way to go on 44 days and your bro's wedding! Glad to hear everything went well and as planned.

Dee..thanks for the update on Akasha. If you speak to her again, please send her our love and best wishes..hope she's doing well there.

Yikes PBC..sounds like you have some catching up to do on sleep! Yeah, I think staying rested helps with the whole balance thing, which is important. I, myself, woke with a monster headache for some reason. Hmph.

frances..thanks..yes it WAS hard! Told my husband so later. He apologized for being at it so long..he said he kept trying to drop hints to the neighbor that he was done, but couldn't seem to get away. ha. I want him to enjoy times like that, tho. He doesn't have a problem with drinking, so he should be able to enjoy it..and they're not frequent, thankfully for me. Good luck kickin that bronchial thing. I'm on my second round of antibiotics for mine. (I smoke, tho, like an idiot, so that's not helping matters.)

Considering the mall today. Got my eye on a cute pair of Land's End Mary Jane Trekker shoes. Taking my Texas trip next week and I need some summer shoes that support my foot better cuz of that tendon deal. Anyway..have to take some Advil and try to start my day.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:28 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Professor Fudge! I'm so glad for you! *And cheers to your family on the happy event!*

Rosie & Mirage, let's kick these infections behinds!. LOL, I was JUST THINKING how it won't be a problem to not-drink if I do get prescribed antibiotics. (And how that was an issue before.)

Somehow I missed Yoli's awesome post when I signed on this AM! For those who've been there, is it as awe-inspiring in person as it looks?
Old 05-03-2011, 10:21 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Class Roll Call!

Dee, if this is not o.k., please delete it!

I scanned through Part 3 of our Thread, looking for the name of a person I hadn't seen in a while, and noticed some other names.

Then I went to the April class and ruled out those that had migrated over there (glad to see them active, sorry they are not on the bus with us!).

Here are some people that were still posting in the last part, but haven't shown up yet in this one, and I did not see them in April, either:

DFeazell
newlife3130
Mida
least
Germanos
NVGal
Genjen
Rachel1980
RomanSparks
soberjoseph
ForwardLooking

Please check in and let us know how you are!

Also, just an interesting little tidbit, while channel surfing earlier I caught Rob Lowe on The View. I am fairly certain I heard him say that tomorrow marks 21 YEARS sober for him! Congrats to Rob!

Rosie
Old 05-03-2011, 02:06 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  
Administrator

get well to all those who are ill
Glad your wedding went well PF

and yes Australia is as awesome as it sounds (I have never been to Ulhuru though - it's many 1000s of miles away from me LOL)

D
Old 05-03-2011, 04:43 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  
orangutan

Hi all you Marchers sorry I haven't been around much and I have just had a marathon read to catch up on what is happening here , sorry to hear some have slipped up and some are sick so sending strength and good vibes to all.
Yesterday I had my ultrasound done but I wont have any news untill I see my Doc. on Monday this seems to been dragging on for ever , in one way I want it over and in another I dont want to know the results.

Day 51
Old 05-03-2011, 04:58 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes aussieblue - I hope everything will be fine

D
Old 05-03-2011, 08:23 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Dusty here,

Sorry its been so long... I have been on a wild trip with my non drinking!!! I can tell you i have been sober for 47 days... I have been working the steps... I have also lost some close people to my this past month! F@#$%$# it sucks but i will NOT pick up the bottle and start all over!!!!

Thanks for asking about me i needed to see that right now!!!! you rock!!!
Old 05-04-2011, 05:58 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

I realized another drinking trigger yesterday.

When my spring allergies get out of control, I take too many antihistamines and drink wine to just blot it out and knock myself out. The result of course is a wicked hangover and the complete inability to think clearly about ANYTHING. I usually lose a day's work too.

It's raining so I can get a break from the spring pollen while I deal with the bronchitis and make a big pot of tea.

(It's totally nuts but yes I ran a half marathon Sunday, was fine but had a tight chest. The bronchitis bloomed Monday, went to doctor Tuesday. Thank God and my immune system for holding it off until my race was over.)

Wishing everyone a good day! Take care of yourself!
Old 05-04-2011, 06:25 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

DFeaz...good to see you..glad to hear you're doing well. Congrats on your sober time!! Sorry about losing some close people..sounds like you're handling it well.

((aussie))..glad you checked in. Wow, it does seem like it's draggin on. Tell those docs to get to it! Hope the results are good ones..we're thinking about you!!

frances..sorry about your allergies..that can't help your congestion right now in your chest. Yuck. Mine is barely hangin on, so hopefully it'll go.

At the risk of tootin my own horn, I have 60 days today! I'm very happy about it! Oh and I came out to some girlfriends. 59 days ago, I had 5 girlfriends over for a pj sleepover party. (To not drive home.) Matching footy pjs, the whole nine yards. Anyway, that was the last time I drank and had not mentioned that to them. We have a private group for us set up on facebook and it came out there. They were VERY cool about it..nothin but love. Felt really really good.

Oh..and May the 4th be with you all. Happy Star Wars Day!
Old 05-04-2011, 07:07 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  
Editor

Good morning/evening to All. Just checking in. I have been busy and enjoying every second. I am finding out that my memory is not as good as it use to be. I am forgetting stupid stuff. My lunch is sitting on the counter at the house as I sit here at work. I get distracted easily. Maybe the alcohol use to help with untreated ADHD. Time to go see someone about that. Oh well other than repairing the old brain. Things are great.
I am building a boat with my son and having a blast. My relationship with my wife is better than it has been in years. I still have a lot of work to do. I do take her for granted. But I am working on that.
I hope that everyone is recovering from the allergy blues. I get them bad myself. Stay on track and may peace find you and you find peace.
Day by Day
Dave
Old 05-04-2011, 08:20 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Day 49 - 7 WEEKS today!!!

Woke up on St. Patrick's Day hung-over, having blacked out - again - the night before, and out of the wine or vodka I'd been drinking. Decided to give it up for the rest of Lent, had no idea I was making a radical long-term decision, but am SO glad I did!!!

I don't think I have gone 7 weeks without a drink since I picked up my first, but I don't remember how old I was then - youngsomethingteen I think I was 14 when I started weed, but gave that up years ago - the whole possibly going to jail or prison thing didn't work for me after becoming a mom! 47 y.o. now.

Still don't like the label alcoholic, though I am coming to terms with not drinking, but even that I don't yet like to think in terms of forever. It has to be forever, no doubt, I was in trouble, had been for years and getting worse when I quit, I just like taking it one day at a time in my mind still.

No real struggles, other than the defiance of wanting to drink when told I cannot, or to blot out a ranting DH, but leaving the room is a much better solution!

Funny I don't remember when I started drinking or what my last drink was, but I'm o.k. with that

So grateful for this wonderful group of people, you are my only support and encouragement, but more than enough! You all get a lot of the credit for me sticking with the program, thank you very much!

A Happy, Sober Wednesday to all!
Rosie
Old 05-04-2011, 08:26 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Way to go, Rosie! Yeah, I started young, too. Pretty sure I was 14..9th grade. Longest sober time since then were my pregnancies. I was fortunate that I didn't even consider having a drink or cigarette during those times. Just wasn't an option. But since then, (after nursing time period, too) this has been the longest time for me, too. Of course, I only tried one other time to quit (around my join date here). I feel the same way you do in terms of how I'm thinking about it. It's easier for me to just deal with the here and now.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:00 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Thanks mirage! I love your Dory quote, have used that a lot since the movie came out Fitting for this journey, that is for sure!

I forgot about my pregnancy and breastfeeding days, I did not drink then, either. And I nursed DS for 2.5 years! 'Course, back then I really didn't have a problem, so it wasn't an issue. And for many years I didn't drink half the month while waiting to see if I managed to get (and stay) pregnant again, no problem. The drugs I gave up before then, they were a problem!

You'd think if I could give up weed, cocaine, alcohol, all grains, dairy and sugar that I could manage to stop biting my nails!!! I have quit several times over the years, need to do it AGAIN Nasty, disgusting habit.

Is there a support group for nail biters quiting?

Rosie