Notices

Class of March 2011 Pt 4

Old 06-01-2011, 03:02 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Great job staying strong PBC and thank you for sharing with us! Perfect way of describing Dee Mirage, Dee you are def a good egg = ) Thanks to everyone for being here!
Old 06-01-2011, 07:50 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

I'm holding your hand in spirit pbc, thank u for bravely sharing your story.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:57 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  
is really trying!

Love, hugs & support to PBC.

You are stronger than you know & improving every day.

Head up girl!!
Old 06-02-2011, 04:55 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Thanks for all your support, everyone! You are the best ... you really are.

One thing I didn't mention is that the night I posted that, the NEW director of music had been at my house for a while. Years ago I wrote some music to go with an original Christmas play, which is being published now. She's writing out the score (I don't play or write out each note individually -- I just improvise to chord charts and create the melody in my head), so she had to come over to learn the songs with me. It was kinda weird, but okay.

And what's really crazy is that I'm normally a really, really positive person. But it seems lately you wouldn't know that from my posts on here.

On a positive note ... here are a few reasons why I'm glad I'm sober today:
* I had my weigh-in yesterday (I have to fax it to my manager monthly) and I'm still down about 12 pounds from before I quit drinking. AND, I'm eating more. This is good!
* I've been sleeping SO well lately (when I'm not having bad dreams) and I feel better during the day.
* Anxiety? What anxiety? I've even driven into the big city a few times and didn't freak out about it. And I lost a spider in the house the other day and didn't lose sleep over it,either.
* I've known what time my kids have gotten to bed every single night for months.
* I've been enjoying listening to loud music again ... for a couple years it was just an annoyance.
* No mystery bruises or cuts.
* We haven't been eating out as much, and therefore are saving even more money. It turns out that my main motivation for eating out was getting the cool drinks ... now that I don't want them, it just doesn't appeal to me so much. It's much easier now to say yes to the kids' desires. And, we're considering some little home improvements and helps (like replacing the flooring in the dining room, and possibly hiring someone to do the windows and clean the bathrooms weekly).
* I don't have to plan my evenings around drinking ... which means I am free to drive and take phone calls after 7.

And as long as I'm here, how about a QOTD: Our last day of school is tomorrow ... how would you describe that last day of school when you were a kid? Did you do anything to celebrate? Do you do anything now with your own kids?
Old 06-02-2011, 05:15 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Oh! And here's a quote that a friend of mine shared with me this week. It was in relation to weight loss, but it works even better for us:

"How strange to use 'You only live once' as an excuse to throw it away." -- Bill Copeland
Old 06-02-2011, 10:14 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

That's an awesome quote, PBC..never thought of it that way. Don't worry about sounding negative. We have to be positive all day long for the people in our lives, this is a nice place to come and NOT have to worry about that. No one's judging..just listening. Great list of positives! That's cool about the Christmas play. Are you thinking it will be performed this Christmas?
Old 06-02-2011, 10:58 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

I love that quote, really has me thinking about what's important.

Great list, each one of those items is worth celebrating.

I'm thinking about your youngest daughter's recital and how it will feel for you to be there. I can imagine there will be a lots of emotions, some wonderful some painful. *Holding PBC's Hand*

In my brightest moments, I am able to think that when the worst thing happens it is really for the best, it's just that I can't see it yet.

MIRAGE--How you feeling today?

Professor!--Congrats on your sober time & the extra dough

Dee--Thank you for sharing and for ALL your support.

Hi Becoming and RA!

Hoping all the Marchers are doing well today.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:42 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Administrator

is this summer break PBC?

I was always a little sad - I really enjoyed school and being with my friends...but I soon readjusted to holiday mode too

D
Old 06-02-2011, 04:24 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

School for us ends on the 14th. I don't remember anything specific about it when I was a kid, just being excited. We had community swimming pools in our city and we'd spend day after day there in the summers. Nothing really planned for my kiddos..one time I met them at the bus with balloons for everyone who got off at our stop. Ha.
My 3rd grader is currently up at Mackinac Island for the night on a school trip. He was super excited. For those of you unfamiliar, it's an island up by the top of the "mitten" of Michigan. It's where that movie "Somewhere in Time" with Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour, was filmed. No cars, just horses, bicycles and little shops and lots of killer fudge. It was kept old fashioned like, like the old days.

Hi frances! I'm pretty good, thanks. Somewhat sad..a really close friend has left town to train to be a truck driver. I didn't see him much, mostly on line friends..but because he was unemployed, we talked quite a bit there. He was someone I could turn to with this drinking thing, always lending support when I needed it. Anyway, not sure how much he'll be on line now, and it feels weird. Other than that, the weather is great and summer is around the corner! Yay! Big drinking milestone tomorrow for me. Hope all is well for you, too!

Dee..only dorks get sad when summer vacation starts. Just sayin. I kid.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:39 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Mirage, it was performed about 6 years ago and sold as a part of a book of church dramas. Now the author is re-releasing this one on it's own and including the original music (before she skipped that part). It's a 2-hour show, and, quite honestly, not great. I really doubt that many will sell. But hey. I'll be published, right?

One of these days I'm going to write a book, actually. My greatest passions lie in leadership and teaching, especially teaching Spiritual-based things. I have been considering for a couple years writing some small group studies on 1 and 2 Peter ... set up similarly to how I run my weight loss classes so that nearly anyone could lead (and lead well) by following a unique format.

Frances, thank you for the hand. A little human contact can be a HUGE encouragement. I agree, and I know this will be okay later ... the hardest part is probably the anticipation. I picked up a new skirt, jewelry, and shoes today to wear ... is that silly? I'm not the one performing. But I want to look nice.

Dee, yep .. summer break for us. To answer my own question, I remember being SO excited and singing "School's out, school's out, teacher let the monkey's out!" at the top of my lungs all the way home. And then when we got home my mom usually would have made a cake and we'd play outside like it was a big party. And a week later I'd be bored and dreaming of what new clothes I'd get for the new school year and how cool it would be to be a year higher.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:42 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Administrator

I was definitely a dork
LOL.

D
Old 06-02-2011, 04:52 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

End of school: Endings and transitions have been hard for me my whole life. I think it's partly who I am, partly that my childhood had a lot of hold-your-breath walk-on-eggshells wait-for-the-shoe-to-drop anxiety. Ah, life with an alcoholic mom.

School was always good for me because I could thrive in the classroom and structure is comforting to me. I guess that means....I was a dork too.

Who wants to read PBC's book? I do do!

Ooo oo oo, Mirage has a milestone tomorrow. Can't wait!
Old 06-03-2011, 04:02 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Mirage, it's tomorrow ... tell us about your milestone! I've got the confetti ready!
Old 06-03-2011, 04:10 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  
Administrator

I better start a new thread though cos you guys are liable to go over the limit while I sleep LOL

our next part starts here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...11-pt-5-a.html

D