Notices

Whiners Anonymous Pt 53

Old 03-11-2011, 06:26 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

The Fighter and Scooby Snacks...

Now that's what I call a date...even if you're alone!

Hev, sounds like a spam email unless you are expecting an international package from DHL. I wouldn't click on any link contained in the email.

V-I-R-U-S potential

I spent more freakin' $$ on garbage (Scooby snacks) for the Dinner and a Movie night tomorrow night.

Next time I'll bake one cake and be done with it!!

Cool part: a local party store had inexpensive, wide popcorn containers that hold the snack crap nicely, along with "It's Showtime" deco napkins.

Goes great with the Movie Night theme.

It's dark, cold, raw and rainy again tonight.

But still *nothing* in comparison to Japan and other affected areas, including here at home.

Old 03-11-2011, 07:11 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  
Strive to be alive!

HB
containers that hold the snack crap nicely

Will be sure to include the wreckage and distruction in my tonight! My heart really goes out to everyone touched my this tradgedy.

Zips - it wouldn't be that. How 'bout the processor? What you got an OctoCore XS 8 MIL in there? Glad to hear it was an error in accounting! I'm sure wwwwwhhhhheeeeewwwww! Doesn't even begin to scratch the surface! So whatcha gonna do with the extra $1500 in ur wallet now? LOL

No whines, just checking in. Had a good meeting tonight, in good spirits, not much to whine about. Sober life is good
Old 03-11-2011, 11:40 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

My whiney heart is crushed okay lets see if I can give the short version? I get this call from a place where I filled out an application I wasn't around so this woman left a message w/her cell #. I called her at 9am and she asked me if I was still interested in a tempory position all I said was to be honest I was looking for a full time one but I'll take this to get my foot in the door. She said okay I don't have your file in front of me cause I am not in the office but I will call you later this morning or early afternoon. SHE NEVER CALLED

So I have been beating myself up over saying the foot in the door bit

Should I have and not said anything? Now what is my next move?

I thought maybe I should go there in person on Monday?
Old 03-12-2011, 03:01 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

patt, i have the Lithium Crystal Turbo 2012 Hex Core
newb, next move,

call her back?

then go to HB's for some snack-crap

continued prayers and thoughts blasted out to those in need
Old 03-12-2011, 04:33 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Hevyn, I've gotten those same bad emails, poorly spelled and gramatically incorrect. I deleted them as I'm sure the link in the email was a bad one.

No whines yet this morning. Supposed to be in the fifties so maybe can walk the dogs, they've got cabin fever pretty bad. Me too.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:59 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by newby1961 View Post
she asked me if I was still interested in a tempory position all I said was to be honest I was looking for a full time one but I'll take this to get my foot in the door.
Sigh.

It's still a "take what you can get" job world out there.

Actually, temporary work is a great way to test drive a job - both for you and the company.

I've had many temp jobs that I've enjoyed.

While they didn't turn into full-time, some of them actually do.

I think this will be more common as the economy continues to turn around and people are actually able to leave jobs for other jobs.

No benefits but work is work $$. And it's a great way to network, meet new people and add experience to your portfolio.

You have nothing to lose. Call her back and express your interest. Tell her you'll be happy to be a temp, you'll do a fantastic job and make their agency look great (remember, you would technically be working for "them" not the company you're assigned to in an employee sense of the word).

Don't wanna be a downer but she probably moved onto other candidates who will take a temp job right off the bat as there are [unfortunately] still too many out there (including me).

The good news is that there are *alot* of other temp agencies you can apply and send your resume to.

PM me with questions if you like. I've been around this block a while.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:09 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Zipperman, screwing up the bills for the entire state should cost someone their job...and then we could give the job to Newb and any whiner here who wanted it.

I am about to take on my internet/cable TV/cell phone provider, Rogers Canada. No easy feat, it takes about an hour holding off and on for some overseas person who really doesn't give a dang about me, to just sort out the simplest of billing errors...so I expect this experience will be earth moving.

Last night on an investigative reporting TV show here, with a segment called "The Worst Cell Phone Bill in Canada"...Rogers was chosen as worst again...for the third straight year. Second place was Bell (who I had thought of changing to) and third was Virgin (a small but nasty newby). The problem in Canada is not enough competition.

So my plan is to research and see who I will change to as provider, then give one attempt only at getting Rogers to listen and cancel...and then drive to Toronto and visit their corporate offices if necessary, to straighten it out.

This is all a"pre-meditated" whine, but get your whine plugs, popcorn bowls and the snack crap ready...more will be revealed
Old 03-12-2011, 06:12 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HumbleBee View Post
You have nothing to lose. Call her back and express your interest.
Newby - I totally agree with HB here. Employers are always looking for the person who is willing to take initiative. I would say if someone tells you they will call you back in the afternoon and they haven't contacted you by an hour before end of day, you call them. "Hello, I hadn't heard from you yet and just wanted to let you know I am very interested in the position. Would I be able to start right away?"

I was unemployed for over a year. I lost my house...etc. Anyway, I eventually took a part time position for about 1/4 the rate I had been making. I'm now up to close to full time. I've spent the extra time developing some skills and have made a little extra money writing.

My whine for today is, quitting smoking sucks.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:20 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

SNACK-CRAP?

i will use this visualization in my hypnosis weight loss exercises.

I have just finished baking 5 dozen sugar/almond cookies.....2 dozen are going to my BFF whose birthdcay is today and the rest are going to my brother....i decided the fun is baking more than eating....and they taste WAAY too good to keep in my house.

HB, they cost about $4.00 to bake...wally-world and pillsbury sugar cookies studded with leftover nuts from the party.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:03 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Hey Bammmmmm????? where are you hiding this week????
Old 03-12-2011, 07:34 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Unhappy

Asking for prayers for Nikko. His right cataract, the worst one, is now a brick red color and I'm scared to death. He's not showing any sign of discomfort or itching or pain but the cataract is a red color which is something new, never happened before and I'm worried sick. Please send up prayers that his eye will go back to normal and that there's nothing badly wrong with his eye. Thank you.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:43 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

do the vets do cataract surgery for dogs? i know there is not a c omparison, but i took my mother for it and it was only a 20 min. procedure.

is it usually a floater?
Old 03-12-2011, 07:47 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm not familiar with that term, floater. His right eye's cataract is the worst of the two eyes, very pronounced milky color and huge, his left eye the cataract is smaller and less milky color, and he still has some vision in his left eye. I'm just afraid of what the red color cataract could indicate: bleeding in the eye, or glaucoma or something. It's never been a red color before, always a milky color. I'm scared to death.

My vet isn't specialized enough to do cataract surgery and I couldn't afford it anyway, it's several thousand dollars.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:56 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Can your vet remove the eyeball? I'm not saying that is the way to go, but if he can't see out of the eye anyway, maybe removing it would take care of the problem. Dogs can do quite well with only one eye.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:04 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

If this red cataract is an indication of a worse problem I will ask him about that. Whatever it takes to keep him healthy and happy I will do.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:57 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Least - Wishful thinking, but could it possibly be just a broken blood vessel? I've had them where it looks like my eye's about to fall out & then it gradually clears up. Prayers for Nikko.

Bam wrote on her page that she's taking a break.

Newby - I agree with the others - but there's a possibility that her not calling you back didn't have anything to do with your remark. I was offered full time work every time I had a temp. assignment - of course, that was a while ago.

Ann - Best of luck as you go into battle. Know that your Whiney Army is behind you!!
Old 03-12-2011, 10:29 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Vet called me and said, based on what I told her, that it could be bleeding inside the eye from the cataract being so big. I'm noticing now that it's not such a red color but seems to be fading to a light pink. Vet also said that if it got worse or didn't get better that removing that eye is a definate option for his health and well being. For now it seems to be reversing itself and I'm praying that it goes back to the milky color and stays that way. The red color isn't in the white of the eye but in the cataract itself.

Thanks for your prayers.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:21 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

i hope it all works out least....

I have spotted Dee over in the Newcomers area.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:26 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Fandy, quick! Tag his ear before he gets away again!

Oh, I am so happy to see our Dee!

Love,

Lenina
Old 03-12-2011, 04:39 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
i hope it all works out least....

I have spotted Dee over in the Newcomers area.
Originally Posted by Fandy
Ann was helpful, but she is not a muppet.
Where IS that hairy eyeball when I need it!!