SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Whiners Anonymous Pt 53 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/221280-whiners-anonymous-pt-53-a.html)

Dee74 03-02-2011 03:24 AM

Whiners Anonymous Pt 53

last part here :

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-52-a-20.html

D

Rusty Zipper 03-02-2011 03:42 AM

http://i29.tinypic.com/b49rna.jpg

who would'a thunk?

Bamboozle 03-02-2011 03:46 AM

I was a few minutes too slow. Zip beat me.

least 03-02-2011 03:57 AM

This is getting old quickly.... So tired last night, laid down at 7pm and woke up at almost 5 am this morning!! Dogs weren't fed but weren't complaining, were just sleeping with me. Too late/early to feed them at five am so will just feed them this morning and skip last night's supper...

Puts me in mind of the 'bad ol' days' when I'd pass out on the bed in the evening and not feed them...:( Glad this is just normal fatigue and not passing out from drinking...

Good moaning whiners!:)

Fandy 03-02-2011 03:57 AM

I'm so very impressed that we hit exactly 500 postings...I like my whining NEAT!

it will be mid-50s here today and i have to work...off Thursday when the temps will not rise abouve freezing...nothing like grocery shopping at the big box stores in the freezing cold.

what kind of country puts so much stock in the sighting of a giant ground hog who comes out of the ground and looks at ridicules people dressed in top hats at 6AM, partying, drinking and carousing in some Godforsaken small town in Pennsyvania? old Puxatawny Phil gets a lot of free publicity...he is old and fat too.

thanks Hevyn, always looking for something good, but will definitely do the shrooms for dinner.

i worked almost 12 hours yesterday...i am beat...poor Sammy, today there are 2 weewee pads down for him....but i prefer to get home before he needs them...he also barfed this AM, because he got into the cat food.

i woke up at 430AM with terrible back pain..idk what i did yesterday (it will come to me), but i turned on the trusty heating pad, popped 2 alieve and went back to bed with a hot cup of high octane to get started on the day.

carry on whiners! i hate mice too....the last one that came in got his throat slit by the cats....i found them crowing over the body in the front bedroom a lovely murder scene on the white carpeting....at the time (Nov. 2009) i was already drunk...so i picked the body up in kleenex and just flushed down the toilet...thank God it did not get *stuck*. and thank God Fandy did not bring the body into the bed....he likes to bring me gifts like his toys and drop them on my chest.....the dead body would have traumatized me for life!:scared:

Stevie1 03-02-2011 04:16 AM

Fresh whines!!

least - I've noticed that around a season change, I get more tired...and also I notice people around me get sick with colds and what have you around that time.

I have a computer whine. I hate IE and have been using Firefox for years. Something has happened to FF on my computer...it constantly slows waaayyyy down and then locks up on me. I've done all the usual things and can't figure it out. So now, I am using nasty IE; I got tired of losing everything I just wrote, getting that irritating spinning circle thingie and then the not responding....windows is checking for the problem....BS.

phhttt.

Fandy I hope your back loosens up today!

least 03-02-2011 04:26 AM

I must be the only IE user in the country who doesn't hate it.:) I've had it for years and have never had any problems with it at all... Guess I'm just lucky... I have FF on my desktop, just in case, but if IE ain't broke, I'm not 'fixing' it.:)

Stevie1 03-02-2011 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by least (Post 2883216)
I must be the only IE user in the country who doesn't hate it.:) I've had it for years and have never had any problems with it at all... Guess I'm just lucky...

I always thought it was just fine too until I got used to another browser. :) I loathe it. But it's working right now and FF isn't, so....

pattenat 03-02-2011 05:14 AM

Mornin' Whiney Iney's .....

Stevie - It might be a Windows security update that interferring with FF. Make sure you have all your Critical Updates for Windows installed. Or even a FF update. Double check, install, and reboot.

Fandy - Back Pain? :eek: Not good for entertaining a houseful of guest this weekend! Hope it feels better and QUICK!

Zips - Who'da thunk is right! I'm so pleased we're a national organization now! Now I KNOW I'm part of something REALLY big ;)

Least - I'm with you on the whole sleep pattern thing! It completely throws me of whack when I'm in one of those ruts. Hopefully it'll get better soon!

Glad yall r gettin' a kick out of my antics. I can be a real fruit loop sometimes. Life is far to short to be serious all the time! Once I have a bit of sober time under my belt I'd love to start an AA meeting based on Humor. Have a bunch of us get together and get stand up routines in place then take it to the local Comedy Clubs in our area maybe raise some funds for our Alano Club for building repairs and stuff..... And you know what.....it's ok to laugh at yourself!

Good luck in court MM! We're rootin' for ya!!!!! :cheer

No whines as of yet, have already had a somewhat productive morning as a matter of fact. And who can whine about that! :a213:

Stevie1 03-02-2011 05:23 AM

I install all the Windows updates...my "computer hygeine" is pretty good, I think. Good thought on the FF update...usually there's a prompt but I'll go check that later!

least 03-02-2011 07:06 AM

Miss Daisy's called me three times today to ask if I would take her to the bank for some checks. I've told her that we did that on Monday and her checks are ordered and that they gave her some counter checks until hers come in... She insists she's used up the counter checks she was given and needs more... so I'll just give in and take her down there...

Just yesterday she called me several times for the same reason, only to add that she can't find her counter checks... Well, how could anyone find anything in that pile of paper she calls her desk...:scorebad

I called around to find assisted living places that would take cats. Found one but it's expensive. But I know we'll have to "put her in" it before she's totally loco so she'll know what's going on and will fight it tooth and nail... but that's the dilemma: can't wait until she's oblivious or she'd be a danger to herself but when putting her in assisted living she'll know it and be opposed to it and cry and wail and throw a fit...

It's only a matter of months now until she cannot live on her own...:( She's not taking care of her financial matters and it's only a matter of time before she can't live safely on her own... and I'm dreading the battle of "putting" her into a safe place... Hell she throws tantrums now just cause I make appts for her!! :scorebad Tells me ungratefully that I'm "taking over" her life...

Sorry Miss Daisy... there's going to be a whole lot more "taking over" in the near future...

Fandy 03-02-2011 07:47 AM

i completely understand Least...my brother started "helping" my mother with her monthly bills, he has the patience of a saint....and here in NJ, he was able to have her utilities/phone/oil heat mailed directly to his house so nothing got lost.

He had persueded my mother to open a "joint" checking account just for this purpose. it became less stressful when he had control of the $$$ and gave her an allowance.

we had my mother admitted to a nursing home through her doctor who put her in-house at the hospital for testing and observation psych....in the space of a week she started to fall and could not get up, couldn't remember to eat properly and had spent the night on the kitchen floor. My upstairs tenent was one of the docs. i work with and called me one AM at 630.

at my mother's nursing home there is a resident cat on every floor and they also have a little dog..her name is "tootsie"..cute little black and white terrier mix..she sleeps at the nurses station or in the lobby.

newby1961 03-02-2011 07:58 AM

Morning fellow Winers

RZ thanks for the pic I had no idea we were so big :rotfxko

Fandy hope your back feels better and thanx for that visual you drunk w/dead mouse:scared:

Okay so my whine is even though I live in WA and I should be used to this friggen rain by now I am not and I am pretty darn sick of it:c021:

I second that good luck in court say a prayer before you go in and I am sure a few of us whiners will say one for ya to.:ring

Have a whacky Wed:240:

least 03-02-2011 09:29 AM

Took her down to pay the property taxes... and discovered that she'd written a check for them yesterday!!!! :wild So I'll call on Friday to make sure they got it. I also asked her mailman, whom I know personally, if he picked up an envelope to the county treasurer yesterday - yep, sure did! So the taxes are paid... for now...

She'll deny me or bro any "joint" bank accounts cause she's so paranoid she's sure we'd just want to "clean her out" if we had access to her money! :gaah So I may have to call the utility companies myself, POA or not, to ask them to send the bills to me directly so I can make sure they are paid.

It's getting to the point that I hate taking her anywhere, especially to the store, as she buys whatever she feels like having, not considering that she probably already has it. Last fall I threw out three trash bags full of expired/rotten food cause she'd just buy more without checking her cupboards first! :wild

The assisted living place would be nice for her as she'd have a little 'apartment' of her own and could have her two cats... well, two of her three cats, that is... and might 'get over it' if she were allowed to have two cats with her.

Problem is, she's so damn stubborn and suspicious she's not going to do anything (that she didn't think up herself) without a huge fight.

I'll strongly suggest POA next Sunday when bro is there and can back me up. She never 'yells' at him cause he doesn't tell her, like I do, what she doesn't want to hear, thus isn't "making her feel like an idiot" as I do by telling her what needs to be done... :gaah

Fandy 03-02-2011 09:53 AM

if you can get your mom to agree to a "joint account" no POA i needed...in my case, my mother "trusted" my brother more than me..truthfully he is more detail oriented and keeps perfect records...

we went through the same thing with groceries...bags of stuff that were duplicated because my mother forgot what she had...my SIL did make her a computerized list of every day items for her to look at and check off what she had (kind of like a mental exercise) but when my mother got confused, it did not work.

I miss ANN!!!!

pattenat 03-02-2011 10:46 AM

:c021: This Step 4 stuff is killing me right now. I can't wait until I've completed this step with my sponsor and review it with my counselor to boot. Sure will be nice when I'm through all of this and learn what to do with it all. Doing my best to stay positive and focused, but yuck. I've been a real butt head! :peek

Funny, I just told Dee last night in a PM that I like myself. :scared: I feel like Sybil!

Hevyn 03-02-2011 11:49 AM

We're all Sybil.

I use IE too - but now I'm wondering if I'd be better off with something else? At times things slow down and freeze up, but I always blame my dinosaur computer, which is 6 yrs. old.

Hoping everyone's day improves. We sure have some quality whines goin' on.

least 03-02-2011 11:53 AM

Dk just defiantly told me she will NOT pay an increase in money to me for gasoline to get her to work and back. Nevermind that gas is horribly expensive. Never mind that she now lives three times further away. I told her to find another ride as I was done. She told me I was a horrible mother so I told her that lets me off the hook as horrible mothers don't give their kids rides to work. So now it's time to not answer her calls until she 'gets it'. I'm sure hell will be a cold place before she 'gets it'.;) Instead she will whine to her dad (a classic enabler) how mean I am and how she's screwed and will lose her job blah blah blah cause I 'demand' gas money from the fruit of my looms...

Nmk gave me only two hours notice that I need to pick up gk (grandkid) today and keep him for two hours. I had the nerve to ask her when she was going to pay that twenty five dollar registration fee to get him enrolled in day care... She snarled at me that she was going to do it... but didn't say what century... :gaah

I find it interesting, and disturbing, that she can afford a new pair of shoes for herself but cannot pay a small fee to get her kid in quality daycare... or buy him a new snowsuit as his current one is too small for him. :scorebad She can easily afford a new lipring but cannot pay a small daycare fee... and when it's payday she wants to "pay me later"... which I won't agree to... I've seen her 'later' and it's not any time soon...:scorebad

Which all goes to show what a horrible mother I am... cause I won't jump when they say 'jump'...

Not answering dk's calls gets one monkey off my back... now to get the other one off...:)

LovesToTravel 03-02-2011 12:58 PM

Least, my husband and his sisters took his mother to court to file for Conservatorship. She of course didn't agree, but the judge said that she wasn't capable so either one of her children or a court appointed conservator. She agreed to my husband. It worked out quite well because you have to have detailed accounting so that the conservator couldn't take the money and my MIL had an excuse to give her sisters that she couldn't lend (give) them any money because her son was her court appointed conservator.

We did leave her with her checking account and the normal bills to pay (didn't want her to feel that she had no control). All big bills like taxes we took care of. All Social Security and pension checks were automatically deposited into a joint account with the conservator. Good Luck.

And I did read that the 14 men/women in top hats and suits are the ones that actually decide if Phil is going to see his shadow or not. Not sure why they said Spring was going to be early this year? :dunno

Fandy 03-02-2011 01:16 PM

you could always suggest to your darling daughters that if they had their own car and licenses to drive, they would not have to pay you a cent...they would be independent and free to buy their own gas, pay themselves and be adults.

perhaps papa will drive the fruits now?

that groundhog has it pretty good, i hear he bought a new condo this year with heat lamps...

Gas is now $3.29 a gallon here...it was $3.03 last week.