Notices

Whiners Anonymous Part 52

Old 02-25-2011, 05:31 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm in NE Ohio, near Akron/Canton. We're really getting pounded today...
Old 02-25-2011, 07:03 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  
Not waving, but drowning

Originally Posted by newby1961 View Post

My computer is acting up this is my 3rd attempt to post can't access smiley faces
Can't access smiley faces? That is so sad
I would take that personally and figure my computer was trying to tell me something!

Rain here for a change. Sorry to hear about all the snow elsewhere. I've been closing my eyes and trying to imagine that this is a summer rain shower. Ha!
Old 02-25-2011, 07:29 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Hey Danae lol

Morning fellow whiners last night wasn't to bad the frat boy only slammed whatever a few times.

Love the tort I still think we should call it Mr. Whiney Mcgee and I forget who said it but they said they could put glasses on him with photo shop?

Have a foxy friday
Old 02-25-2011, 08:02 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  
Strive to be alive!

Originally Posted by newby1961 View Post
Hey Danae lol

Morning fellow whiners last night wasn't to bad the frat boy only slammed whatever a few times.

Love the tort I still think we should call it Mr. Whiney Mcgee and I forget who said it but they said they could put glasses on him with photo shop?

Have a foxy friday

WAAA LAA!
Old 02-25-2011, 08:21 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Thank you for your concern fellow Whiners. I'm fine. I think.

I'm too depressed to even whine about whining.

When JC Penney tells you "You're over-qualified" and private companies tell you "Sorry, you don't have a degree"...it's gotten beyond tiresome.

I had to wallow in my own misery. I'm sorry. Thank you for thinking of me.

I wanted to give you a whiney hug and share some pretty pics along with wanting to play "Whack a Mole" with that lying groundhog...it's beyond snowing here. Early Spring my arse.

However, is it me or can we no longer upload pics from ImageShack or the net?

I only see "Manage Attachments" as an upload pic option.

?????
Old 02-25-2011, 08:34 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Hbee, so glad to see you! I was getting worried. Welcome back.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:04 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  
part time member

I have to have the smilie code memorized... {colon and tapping}

Happy Friday
Old 02-25-2011, 10:22 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Whew, just rain here and 57 degrees...the medical board exam marathon continues!

Hbeeee, i am so glad you are back in the fold!
Old 02-25-2011, 11:07 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hbee - Was afraid we'd lost you for good. So very glad to have you back home.

Manz - Welcome, and please share your whiniest moments with us. We thrive on them.

Stevie - Sorry you're temporarily broke. If I may borrow from Fandy, it's a craptastic feeling.

Bam - Isis is a quality kitty, and that's no accident. She knows how to amuse herself when necessary - what a clever girl.

Newby - Neighbor problems are miserable. I always tried to reason with mine, smiling & being diplomatic. It usually helped - for awhile, anyway. Landlords should realize they'll lose their good tenants if things aren't civilized.

MtnMagic - I foolishly always assume it doesn't snow in Cali! (I loved my visit there many years ago - need to come back.)

Weather whines may be stale, but they keep on coming. Mine is: The WIND. No one slept last night due to the cracks, bangs, rattles & whooshes. Dogs were restless so I finally turned on the TV to drown out the noise, & that seemed to work.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:33 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Is the tortoise a he or a she (or does it matter)?

My vote(s):

Lady Whinestein

- or -

Myrtle
Old 02-25-2011, 11:45 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Remember - "I'm Yertle the Turtle - king of the pond" (Seuss)?
Old 02-25-2011, 12:50 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Holy Hell-O that's one heck of a storm out there. Blizzard with white out conditions. I don't want to work tonight.

Hevyn - As a general rule it doesn't snow in California except over the mountain ranges. I live near the tippy top of the Sierra's hence long,
snowy winters. If it does snow in San Francisco that will be one for the record books. This winter is particularly bad. Mother Nature is mad!

Bam - You have got yourself one smart kitty. My little doxie enjoys dipping any garments and other things in his water bowl too. Go figure?
Old 02-25-2011, 01:11 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  
Strive to be alive!

Right then I have a legit whine! I'm in a creative block here and have been for a couple of days and that's not a good thing seeing as I'm a graphic designer. All I'm seeing is white, white snow, white canvas, white screen, white document, white, white, white EVERYWHERE! I think I need to get out of here for a while. I need some sun. I need some warmth. I NEED THE BEACH AND A FREAKING LOUNGE CHAIR!
Old 02-25-2011, 01:14 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Do the dogs like to watch Carson Daily? or infomercials?

whew! my work day is almost over, for today...i will be back on Sunday to set up for Monday and Tuesday evening "Adventures in Medical School"...questions that really ARE stupid.

Hbee....in my neck of the woods, in-home animal care pays quite well....some dog walkers get $21.00 an hour for exercising pets and poop-scooping. when I go away, the rate is $15.00 a day for 2X a day litterbox care and feeding...then there are those that will take a grocery list and buy your stuff, bring it home and unload it...for a fee....Imagine someone paying you to exercise????? kind of like a game show, ya' think? if someone paid me $21.00 to walk for an hour I would do it!

my goal this weekend is to replace the wooden salad bowl that Fandy pushed off of the top of the fridge..i LOVED this giant bowl that i bought for $2.00 it was that pretty reddish wood and very light..which is why it delighted the cat to break it by crashing it on the ceramic tile floor...this is the creature that licked me awake because his food dish was empty!
Old 02-25-2011, 01:18 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

All I'm seeing is white, white snow

THe snow in my front yard (the dog yard) is highlighted with yellow...

My whine: I'm cold. Turned the furnace up to 66, which is high for me and for the bill too, and still cold. Put my robe on and a bit better, but I'm sick of the cold... (remind me of this in the summer heat when I'm b!tching about the high temps)

Can't figure out little Jack's sex drive being so hyper... he's neutered but is 'in lust' with my one cat.... always following her around and bugging/humping her which irritates her greatly. She hisses and spits and slaps at him but he's still always 'after' her...
Old 02-25-2011, 01:22 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Pattenat - Come on down to Ocean City - we have the beach, lounge chairs.....oh wait, it's snowy and cold here too. Maybe in another month?

Fands - It has to be something where there's no yelling or screaming or explosions, etc. Infomericals might be the best bet. I did have a classical music station on, but the violins were too screechy.

Least - my neutered lab does the same thing.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:28 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

the dogs would probably prefer the "Intimate Toy shopping channel for Women"...lots of purring from the 2 women who demonstrate the wide variety of pink flexible objects they try to sell you between 2-4AM...I cannot remember the exact channel, but yes it's real!

of course there are Oprah reruns at 1AM...and When Weather Became History on TWC all night.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:30 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  
Strive to be alive!

Originally Posted by least View Post
THe snow in my front yard (the dog yard) is highlighted with yellow...
Is it pretty? Does it look like an abstract or anything I could use for my creative block? LOL

My whine: I'm cold. Turned the furnace up to 66, which is high for me and for the bill too, and still cold. Put my robe on and a bit better, but I'm sick of the cold... (remind me of this in the summer heat when I'm b!tching about the high temps)
Only 66? Mine is on 72 and I STILL where my thick fluffy robe!! (must be bad circulation)

Can't figure out little Jack's sex drive being so hyper... he's neutered but is 'in lust' with my one cat.... always following her around and bugging/humping her which irritates her greatly. She hisses and spits and slaps at him but he's still always 'after' her...
Little Jack sounds like my husband Put 'em in a cold shower.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:31 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Oprah = too much screeching & woo-hooing.
Weather channel = thunder
I'm going to look for family friendly infomercials.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:34 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  
Strive to be alive!

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Pattenat - Come on down to Ocean City - we have the beach, lounge chairs.....oh wait, it's snowy and cold here too. Maybe in another month?
Careful! I have money for a plane ticket. You may be getting a personal message from me when I'm ready to book my flight!