Notices

Whiners Anonymous Part 52

Old 02-25-2011, 01:41 PM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Sigh.

I know Fands...thx

It's not like I'm resting on my laurels...I still do work from home but it's a constant struggle - no benefits - no income security...even the people who used to be able to afford dog-walkers no longer can.

I long for the day of a steady job with benefits where I don't have to wonder who's gonna eat better...me or Raven.

Waaaaaaaaahhhhh

Whining about this is driving me insane. I'm sick of it.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:23 PM
  # 362 (permalink)  

I hope something comes along and surprising the flock out of you! when you least expect it....if you are worried about food, can you apply for assistance from the pantries?

I suspect Sir Raven gets his pick of the kitty foods...

you've got to advertise your services in a better upscale area...(that does not sound right)?
Old 02-25-2011, 02:54 PM
  # 363 (permalink)  
Che

My novella's done.
I do not feel very proud.
What poor self-esteem.

Another day's done.
It seems to only get worse.
Hittori bochi.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:52 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

HB, you are a terrific person, someone will find you and offer you exactly what you want...just keep letting the word out that you're looking. Queeny says

Today went too fast. I'm not done.

Nice whine-ku Che.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:20 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Humble...ImageShack no longer works...I went searching and found a thread here on how to upload photos:
TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Use that, choose the "message board" link option. It works.
And, I hope you find a job soon! I'm in SE Michigan where it's rilly, rilly bad - I live a little north of Flint.

Che - excellent whine. Still trying to figure out Hittori bochi (googling didn't help - a song?)

Least...humping is more often a dominance behaviour than a sex drive thing. Maybe Jack, being your smallest dog, wants to feel superior to something, anything....

LOL @ pink flexible objects.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:28 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  

the cat will NOT allow Jack to feel superior....i giggle (i actually giggle since i'm sober these days....along with chuckling and out right belly laughs at mr. Fandy)....when i see my little Pom Sammy, try to intimidate my cats....and i know the dog is supposed to be the dominant species...but no one told Fandy or Slim....Pookie is still a baby at 2 yrs. he is very calm and laid back..this is the cat the holds his claws out for a manicure and lays on his back....Pookie has his own type of dog "outrage"...he can sneer and jump very high out of reach.
Old 02-25-2011, 04:29 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

My sister sent me a picture of a "leaf snow angel" today....you know where the leave blew back and forth a bit in the wind and left an angel print! One good thing about snow anyway.

Hbee and Newby, hope things improve on the job front very soon!

Perhaps some smooth jazz for those channel surfing?

I know you'll get everything done in time, Ann, even though you don't really want to!!!

Off to do field work this weekend....I know I'm sooooo attractive in chest waders!

Whiney hugs and thanks for whine-kus!
Old 02-25-2011, 05:57 PM
  # 368 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Myrtle the turtle lol

OMG love the glasses though Pattnet, I have to learn how to do that? (MR. Whiney McGee)

Okay there has not been a whole lot of support for that name, does that mean its lame?

Oh HBee I so know where you are at with the job situation or lack of. I have been looking for sooo long. I have been to 3 agencies and each one wants me to vamp my resume, take all these classes on how to interview. I have been so many times I could teach those friggen classes. What part of all the help I need is a JOB. So you are not alone by a long shot. I had to be real careful w/the depression cause it started getting its grip on me.

Have a great weekend fellow whiners

Nite Mr. Whiney McGee:ghug3
Old 02-25-2011, 06:34 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  

add it to the slogan book queeny,

and pass it on to Mrs C

i'm practicing restraint of weather whines in all my affairs today

HB!!! hugsy's

and a Pox on JC Penney

HB, the tortoise is androgynous, like androgynous Pat from the old sat night live days

hey patten, can you read this "----------------"?
Old 02-25-2011, 09:48 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I like Myrtle too.

My whine is the same as last night: laid down out of horrible fatigue and slept til midnight!! The dogs weren't mad tho cause they were napping with me.

Going back to bed soon and hope to sleep in tomorrow - scratch that, got to take nmk to work early... Well, maybe go back to sleep when I get back...

Still coughing, choking on my own breath... the cough is productive but still hanging on for dear life. I wish it would go away!

I play a radio in the next room for the dogs, put it on a classical/folk/NPR station. They seem to like it.

Good night whiners.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:12 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

I'll have to read the other posts later...wanted to post an update. I'm not well.

Wow, Fands, is this what you went through? VERY GROSS AND SERIOUS WHINE AHEAD.

Ate food at work for a function and about 2 hours later wasn't feeling well. Thought it was something I ate. Made it home, checked into SR for only about 5 minutes and then went to bed. Woke up about an hour later--went to the bathroom--projectile vomited and crapped my pants at the same time. Every heave and it was coming out both ends. I laughed...the first time. Apparently I hadn't learned from the first experience, and an hour later I did the same (what a mess...I had to shower after both incidents). I learned the third time it happened...sat on the toilet and then vomited into the tub. Dry heaved a forth time and nothing but clearish liquid was coming out the bottom. That happened within a span of about 5-6 hours. Haven't been able to keep any liquids down or in.

Wow. Maybe I am sick? I never get the flu...so I never got any flu shots. This is the first time in about 20 years I've gotten the flu. I just woke up and I'm sipping some water, hoping I'll be able to keep it in because I'm dehydrated. And very weak. Wow.

I will get flu shots from this point on.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:39 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  

and now a word from our sponsor

Old 02-26-2011, 03:03 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Sounds like flu or food poisoning Bam, either way take it easy and this too shall pass...hey, look at the bright side, these things are usually good for about 5 pounds.

Morning Whiners. Queeny is packing up today and tomorrow, getting ready to head north some time Monday. If I disappear next week, you will know that I am en route, but I usually get on my computer at night...depending on where and when night is.

It has been a wonderful vacation but now it is time to pay my dues and endure a few weeks of winter.

Old 02-26-2011, 04:03 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

(((Bam))) Hope you feel better soon.

Good moaning whiners. Woke up with the alarm and took nmk to work. The street crews really did their jobs yesterday and the streets are quite passable today. What a difference a day makes.

I am looking forward to a good lazy day, only one thing to do later on and until then, it's 'me' time.

Ann, I will be praying for a safe trip for you come Monday.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:15 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Yes, Bam....very similar...except I use a wastebasket lined with a grocery bag and many layers of paper towels. i pretty much had the same symptoms...like my digestive system shut down completely.

i get a flu shot every October at work...I work in a building with 4,000 people and transient hospital visitors...med students are exposed to everything through patient contact and i interact with them every Wed. and expect to get sick every thursday.

my illness came on me after a trip to Lowes and i even wiped down the shopping cart!
Old 02-26-2011, 07:01 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Thanks Stevie!

Wanted to upload the pics of the red berry bushes encased in ice on my desk that Least requested.

Sigh.

Will wait till I figure the new procedure out. Sorry Least

8" of snow yesterday...1-to-2" more inches overnight tonight.

Where is that groundhog?...I wanna make a hat out of his tail.

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sick of winter and can't wait to whine about the heat and humidity.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:18 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  
Strive to be alive!

(bam) Feel better! Being sick sucks! Plenty of liquids (not that you don't already know this). I usually eat ice chips when I get hit like that. Have you considered bying stock in Fruit of the Loom?

(ann) I hope you have a safe trip. Will keep your travels in my prayers.

(rusty)
hey patten, can you read this "----------------"?
Yes is says dash x 16. But what does it mean?

No whines yet today. Just checkin in to see what all you whiners are up to.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:01 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Stevie1;2878046]Humble...ImageShack no longer works...I went searching and found a thread here on how to upload photos:
TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Use that, choose the "message board" link option. It works.
And, I hope you find a job soon! I'm in SE Michigan where it's rilly, rilly bad - I live a little north of Flint.

Che - excellent whine. Still trying to figure out Hittori bochi (googling didn't help - a song?)

Least...humping is more often a dominance behaviour than a sex drive thing. Maybe Jack, being your smallest dog, wants to feel superior to something, anything....

I brought this to the current page.

I am cleaning and doing laundry...it takes me time to get ready for company next week.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:08 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  
Not waving, but drowning

Hi Bam,

Probably not flu --sounds like food poisoning. But flu shots are great in any case, and it still isn't too late for this year.

My friend who's a doc says gatorade is good, and if you can't keep anything down, just try a teaspoon full...wait 5 minutes....and repeat if it hasn't made a reappearance You can do with H2O as well.

You have my complete sympathies---it sounds awful. Hang in there....
Old 02-26-2011, 09:31 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Bamboozle, that sounds absolutely terrible! It's probably food poisoning. I've never had food poisoning but I'm scared of it.