Notices

Whiners Anonymous Part 52

Old 02-23-2011, 10:32 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  
part time member

No spring tickers for yous...
Worked on taxes for hours and finally figured that they were wrong...what else is new...

My sister swears by the talking gibberish into the phone..it finally gives you a live person!

Happy Hump Day..more snow coming our way......i'M STILL AT SISTER'S WORKING ON TAXES......GRRRRR....MIGHT BE HERE FOREVER!!!!
ok I feel better now...
Old 02-23-2011, 10:50 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Could not sleep, tho tired, so just gave up and made coffee and am pulling an all-nighter... Am reading bits of my library book, but can't read too much at once as it's rather sad and introspective and I don't want to go there right now.

The book is about the author's husband's permanent brain injury from an accident and how he wasn't the same person anymore. Miss Daisy is getting that way. She's not the same person she used to be, well, she is, more so, but isn't, all at the same time. More paranoid, more fearful and anxious, but less logical and capable... Doesn't understand simple basic concepts and can't remember sh!t for more than five minutes. I'm praying that my brain takes after my dad who is still sharp as a tack at age 82, and not like my mom, Miss Daisy, who is losing her grip every day. It makes me sad to watch her fumbling with pieces of paper over and over as if trying to find some deeper meaning in the restaurant receipt...

I'm not too fond of this late-night-introspection and want to just fritter the night away until it's time to take the k to work before the sun comes up.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:15 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

I think the mascots name should be Mr. Whiner McGee:rotfxko

No big whines except last night I had a huge whine and wrote it all out and it was there one minute and gone into cyber space the next?

Nite all
Old 02-24-2011, 02:22 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

thanks for the reminder LTT

Mr Tax Guy was spozed to call me back on monday to see when we can do mine

if i'm not mistaken, today is not monday...

well Mr Tax Guy, where's the call?

newb, maybe tweek that a tad

Whiney Magee
Old 02-24-2011, 02:47 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Serious whine:

There was another gas explosion in my area...this one in PA. Three workers were injured...their conditions remain unknown at this time. The statement released by the company was basically this: There was no danger to the public.

WTF? What about the danger to the workers? Are they expendable? I think not. How many more explosions are we going to have around here? One is too many, but there have been several in this area in the last year.

Where's the apologies?

Last edited by Bamboozle; 02-24-2011 at 02:52 AM. Reason: Correction
Old 02-24-2011, 03:48 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  

i'm so relieved that the taxes are completed and paid for this year....now i just have the next 5 days of heavy work schedule and then i can do the family dinner gig and relax until the next holiday!
Old 02-24-2011, 03:59 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by pattenat View Post

Maybe we could start a new post in Cafe Central and take a vote? Let EVERYONE in on it.
Noooo, he would be strictly a Whiner mascot. Those who are not Whiners would never "get" who we are and then we'd be whining and they'd be whining and it would just be one big whiny mess....well maybe that isn't a bad thing?

My whine is that I have begun packing some things for the trip home next week. Just stuff we won't be needing and that I can get out of the way now. And...I have to figure out how to fit everything in the car. And...I am trying to figure out how to get Bubba to head north without getting lost...his sense of direction is terrible.

That's quite a whine for so early, but I've been saving up "stuffed" whines, it's good to let them go.

Morning Whiners!! Whiny is as Whiny does!!
Old 02-24-2011, 04:24 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Bam - I hope those workers will make it. A good reminder to not take our days for granted - we just never know what's in store when we go off to work.

Least - I couldn't sleep either - must be the moon - or maybe the salsa.

My whine: I read a bed bug article & I've had the itchies ever since. Some of our local hotels have had a problem. There's even a K-9 bed bug detection service to help find them. Ugh.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:44 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

My whine: I read a bed bug article & I've had the itchies ever since. Some of our local hotels have had a problem. There's even a K-9 bed bug detection service to help find them. Ugh.
Makes me glad I don't travel... and that we have no bugs in my home: well, there are those damn stink bugs, but no fleas, ticks, or headlice... as the kids used to call them, "headlights".

Bam, I agree totally. They don't want to correct the problems, just make money off the workers. Same with the oil companies... don't get me started...

I had three hours of sleep after taking dk to work so it's going to be a long, tired, whiny day, I can tell. At least I'm not busy today.

Good moaning whiners!
Old 02-24-2011, 07:06 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  
Strive to be alive!

Good morning Whiney Iney's

least and Hevyn - could sleep last night either! It must be something in the air. Maybe some kind of sober bio rythm hitting us. Finally fell off about 3:30 this morning.

rusty - I like whiney McGee maybe I could photoshop some glasses on him. (then again that was McGoo wasn't it)

Ann maybe Cafe Central isn't a good idea. With me being an official whiner it would be my luck some Pollyanna would find us (need to keep us on the low down!)

Today's whine: I NEED TO GET AWAY FROM THIS SNOW! I'm sooooooooooooooo tired of the colors white and grey.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:14 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

No sign of HumbleBee anywhere?
Old 02-24-2011, 07:16 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Morning Whiners,

Thanks for the tweak RZ Whiney McGee is better than Whiner good looking out, also the glasses might be a great touch pattenat:rotfxko

So my whine is that we were told we were going to get this snow 3 to 6 or more inches and most of it is ice

Have a whiney Thursday all
Old 02-24-2011, 09:10 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  
Strive to be alive!

Newby - Rusty - whaddya think?

Ann you ok with Whiney McGee?

Old 02-24-2011, 10:08 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Sigh... how do these people keep their jobs when they can't do them to save their lives??

Yesterday I actually talked to a real live human being at the phone company. Told them exactly my problem, they said it was something they could fix from the office and that it would be fixed yesterday. Today I get a visit from a phone repairman, he says, "I hear you don't have a dial tone." Nooooo!! I said I can't dial numbers starting with a 'one'!!! What part of my very clearly put message did the service rep not get??

I told him what the real problem was, as in, already been fixed, and sure enough, he verified that I was correct... Why can't these customer service reps report exactly what I told them???

Sheesh!!
Old 02-24-2011, 12:33 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Ann you ok with Whiney McGee?

Doesn't cut it...sorry. The Zipperman is excellent with names, lets wait to hear from him. He is the Bill Wilson of Whiners, founding this forum about 25,000 posts ago...so the honor can go to him.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:19 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  
Strive to be alive!

He almost looks like he puckering up for a kiss!
Old 02-24-2011, 01:27 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  
Not waving, but drowning

Today's whine: I NEED TO GET AWAY FROM THIS SNOW! I'm sooooooooooooooo tired of the colors white and grey.
OMG! The snow (now grayish ice) is horrible. Totally oppressive. Supposed to rain here tomorrow so maybe it will melt? I keep fantasizing about warm beaches and palm trees.

And here's my whine: when it the belly fat going to melt away??? I've lost 15 lbs (due to hard exercise and good diet) for the stomach is quite resistant to any improvement
Old 02-24-2011, 01:49 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

I'll take a 15# loss and fix the tummy with a pair of Spanx!
Old 02-24-2011, 02:04 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

How can people be so rude? Went to lunch at a cafe style place (begins with a P - there are a bunch of them.) It was lunch time & packed. We finally found a tiny table - & next to us, sitting all by himself in a large booth was one man. He had coffee, no food, & was reading a book. He was there the whole time we were, and still there when we left. On the other side of us were 4 people holding a business meeting, no food there either. So they were using the place as a meeting room & not buying anything, while people roamed around with their food orders looking for a place to sit.

Not much of a whine, but it's all I've got for now.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:06 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Excellent whines all around! Been too busy to add much to the chorus of whines.....oh....there's a whine right there!

Cranky, busy, whiney hugs all around!

So what's the name gonna be, Zip?!