Notices

Whiners Anonymous Part 52

Old 02-26-2011, 09:36 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  
Not waving, but drowning

The "good" news about food poisoning is that it doesn't last long. Now...if it is a virus then it make take a few days.

Hope you are feeling better now
Old 02-26-2011, 09:51 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

well, here goes...don't know if the orig upload size is gonna change (with this new tinypic tool). the name is indicitive of its flexibility, which is limited.

each upload demands a confirmation that you unscramble these such-and-such two words.

Good Lord.

I just want to post a pic of a berry bush outside of my deck.

No more pics posting from me...it's too painful and I dabble in graphic design.

Sheesh and a big-time Waaaaahhhhhh.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:12 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Nice pic Hbee.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:19 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

you've mastered it...why do they put such difficult tasks here?

I can't believe all the dirt on the floors....i have scrubbed, swiffered, vacuumed, steamy mopped and the grit is stll hiding in the corners....sheesh. got both bathroom floors, the kitchen and am washng all the rugs..... am going for the fireplace next.....there are probably enough hairs, dust balls and debris to keep me busy! gotta get ths place spotless for company, the baby wll be all over the floors.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:31 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
Yes, Bam....very similar...except I use a wastebasket lined with a grocery bag and many layers of paper towels. i pretty much had the same symptoms...like my digestive system shut down completely.

i get a flu shot every October at work...I work in a building with 4,000 people and transient hospital visitors...med students are exposed to everything through patient contact and i interact with them every Wed. and expect to get sick every thursday.

my illness came on me after a trip to Lowes and i even wiped down the shopping cart!

Wow. That's scary. I was pretty scared last night the third time it happened. One symptom I didn't mention was cold chills right before every time...I couldn't get warm.

How long did it take you to recover? I've been able to keep water down all this morning...and I just ate a plain yogurt. Hope I can keep that down. I shall see.

Wow am I glad that didn't happen while I was at work.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:11 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

If I could have easily displayed my Get Well Fairy pic like before Bam, I would...to give you a sprinkle of Get Well Health and Chuckles.

Suffice it to say me and Raven are sending warm healing thoughts to you.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:21 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Wonderful picture, HB!!!

Packing stinks!

Carry on.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:03 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Bam i was so sore from heaving (not Hevyning) iwas sick all day Sunday nothing except 3 cans of gingerale....then it was Monday at work and i took plain tea, crackers and chicken broth with some chopped carrots...and i stayed off of all my vitamins as they might have upset my stomach...i was alternately hot and cold..I had a vicious headache with it....and could not keep a tylenol down either.

by Tuesday night i could eat real food.

i have to get out the door and do some chores.shopping.....i did get a good chunk of the heavy cleaning done...now it's "me-O'Clock"...i have 6 books waiting for me on my e-reader and a bunch of magazines i never get to read and the puzzles i love so much.

later guys....and I haven't eaten anything since my 1 little scrambled egg for breakfast.....hmmmm, i've noticed this trend of skipping lunch lately and eating too much for dinner because i am starving!

how come it is easier to stop drinking than it is to diet?
Old 02-26-2011, 01:09 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Fands - No matter how I try, if someone walks around my house with white socks on I'm embarassed. They don't turn black, just a yucky tan. I blame the dogs for bringing in dirt every single day - you can't stay on top of it.

Hbee - How lovely that looks. Feels like I'm right there in your yard.

Bam - Hope you feel better by now. I've had food poisoning a few times & always get chills with it - usually it leaves your system quickly.

I weighed myself for the first time in months. It was very bad news, but no surprise. I'm going to weigh myself every Saturday morning, no more hiding my head in the sand. Not leaving the house this summer unless I dump this weight. I'm a whale. A pale whale.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:14 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Hand out tan socks at the door.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:20 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

That's the ticket! Thanks, suki.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:24 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

I removed the carpet from the dining and livingroom...hardwood floors should be easier to keep clean!....they get dirty too..... i am a steamy mop fiend! the dog has tiny little feet, the cats have spotless litter i scoop 3X a day...I own a DYSON...fer flucks sake! have a Shark steam thingie too....it's the hair and kitchen grease...the solution is to eat out all the time...

I got down on my hands and knees before and scrubbed the tiles and the corners indvidually....i did the grout in my master bath with clorox clean-up...it's white grout with sand-colored tile....the only new room in the house except the florida room...which was new in 2005.

sigh, i am doomed...Pookie is running through the kitchen with Q-tips he stole from the bathroom trash.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:31 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Sounds like you're obsessed, Fandy. Is there a support group for obsessive corner cleaning?
Old 02-26-2011, 01:40 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I hear ya Fandy. I like to sparkle too and smell like the cleaning service just left...which may be the case if you come on Wednesdays
Old 02-26-2011, 03:02 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Sooo tired, want to lie down but don't dare...
Old 02-26-2011, 04:19 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Ha Ha Ann....corner scrubbing is excellent exercise.....the baby will be on the floor and i don't want to be embarrassed....he likes to play in the pets water dishes too...He is 13 months...we don't want to say "Auntie-Fandy's house is dirty and hairy"

my SIL told me that this bug is circulating through my mother's nursing home...which is where I was 12 hours before I got sick!!! sheesh.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:40 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

It might have been the 24 hour bug that's going around here or it could have been food poisoning. My mom's sick too...at least she didn't get the pukes.

I kept the yogurt down from earlier and I'm having another. It's going to be soft foods for tonight and probably tomorrow.

That was scary. I hope the worst is over. Thanks everyone.

pattenat...I'm probably going to have to go shopping for underwear.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:51 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

I forgot...I had a headache too...and now it's gone.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:53 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Correction: it probably was food poisoning...guess the 24 hour flu doesn't exist.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:49 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  

the turtle ate the groundhog HB

patt, i tried to make it all white for you,

a feeble attempt ah humor

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

go HB!!!

great pic!

Hev, do hope you get to the svelt Hev stage for the summer

suki
Hand out tan socks at the door

queeny, when are you and KB hit'n the road?

and dont forget the maps!