Notices

June 2010 Sobriety Group Pt 5

Old 02-08-2011, 08:33 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hey guys, getting ready to go to tv land and wanted to say goodnight

Way to go Shoei!! That's crazy how nervous you were taking the driving test. You fly little planes in the JUNGLE!!! LOL! I got the same way when I had to take the written test here in CA. I didn't pass until the 3rd time. When I was taking the test I swear I felt like I was going to faint, so I do understand. I think its cool you wanting to do something to occupy your time and make extra money. You will meet lots of people! I hope you like to talk It should be fun!

Dee, I hope your having a good week so far.

Lyddie I hate your under so much stress at work,. Take Care of yourself! You'll get through it!

HFA, I am also sorry you have been working so much! Sucks!

Laura, I hope your are having a good week too

Night

DAY 92
Old 02-09-2011, 05:46 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Congratulations, shoei. That's great that you have found a way to stay busy and make extra money. Wish the taxicab drivers in the US had to pass an English test.

Beth - I have flunked my no sweets rule at work the past two days. There's always candy around - I am beginning to hate those people who bring in sweet treats for everyone. But today I am working from home and should be able to do no sweets.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:01 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I am sick as dog today! Yuck! Stomach virus with headache. Not fun. It's going to be a challenging day.

Lyddie, don't be too hard on yourself. Let it go. Maybe just try limiting yourself to 2 treats a day, and change to dark chocolate. I dunno I wouldn't beat myself up over it. Jeeze you deserve a little something now and then Life is too short.

Ok thats about all I can muster up today. Have a good day all.

DAY 93
Old 02-09-2011, 02:05 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Administrator

It took me three goes to get my licence - and I've barely driven since
I catch a lot of cabs - day shifts are by far the best Shoei, according to my cabbie mates

Hi beth and lyddie - it's a busy time for me right now but I'm trying to keep up here LOL

D
Old 02-09-2011, 06:30 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Good Night and Good Day! I am out.

DAY 93
Old 02-09-2011, 06:32 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Administrator

sleep well Beth

D
Old 02-09-2011, 07:33 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
HFA

Originally Posted by lyddie View Post
Beth - I have flunked my no sweets rule at work the past two days. There's always candy around - I am beginning to hate those people who bring in sweet treats for everyone. But today I am working from home and should be able to do no sweets.
I joined this thread over here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post2860329

may not be what your looking for, but I am gonna give it a go.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:45 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I feel so much better today! We are going to GYMboree! I am going to make the best out of this day! Being sick makes you appreciate when you feel better!

Have a good one

DAY 94
Old 02-10-2011, 05:52 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HFA View Post
I joined this thread over here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post2860329

may not be what your looking for, but I am gonna give it a go.
I don't know if I could do 100 days (I don't know if I could do a week!) but I will think seriously about it - thanks for the link and good luck!
Old 02-10-2011, 07:02 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
HFA

Originally Posted by lyddie View Post
I don't know if I could do 100 days (I don't know if I could do a week!) but I will think seriously about it - thanks for the link and good luck!
LOL made it to day two. Then I was taken down by my 10yr old DD and a sweet tart...Ugg its so easy to forget.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:19 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

For me the ONLY way to quit sweets was the Atkins diet. I had to give up all carbs. I am not doing it now, but I do it off and on for weight loss. It does make it easier when you see results on the scale, but when I come off it I usually binge so probably not the best idea unless your in it for the long haul. I guess I am a all or nothing kind of gal! LOL

So didn't make to Gymboree today because I was doing a make up class at a different location and somehow ended up going the longest way possible. We did go to the park though it was GORGEOUS! I have a cool pic I took today, that I will use as my new avatar.

Ha! HFA, Didn't your mama tell you to never take candy from kids? LOL

Have a good night all! Chiropractor in the morning...Oh Joy

DAY 94
Old 02-11-2011, 03:20 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Happy Friday, everyone!

Well I did 2 days in a row without sweets. Let's see if I can go 3. After I wrote that I didn't think I could do a week, I decided that a week without obvious sweets would be a good goal. I did realize that I am very grateful to be dealing with eliminating sweet treats from my diet instead of shoving them in my mouth to help stop an intense alcohol craving.

Beth - the park picture is beautiful.

HFA - Beth is right - don't take candy from children!
Old 02-11-2011, 07:35 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Good Morning, so no Chiropractor for me today. My X failed to inform me until 8pm last night that he has to be on dub stage today. I am not upset that he has to work I am upset that he didn't inform when he found out earlier that day. I could of at least tried to get someone to watch her or cancelled a little in advanced. I now have to call an hour before my appt and cancel. It's embarrassing. Oh well.

Thanks Lyddie, that was a random shot I took and thought it was cool, the way the light came out. Good luck today on the no sweets. I am sure the longer you do it the easier it gets. May give yourself 1 cheat day a week?

Ahh the joys of motherhood, right now DD is taking every book of the book shelf and putting them in the basket.

We may go to the beach because it's going to be a perfect day. I am just not sure I am up to it.

Have a Great Day all

DAY 95
Old 02-12-2011, 05:06 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

The box of glazed doughnuts at work got me twice yesterday. This no sweet struggle is going to take a bit more effort.

Beth - I can't do a one cheat day per week. I eat sweets when I feel stressed - not because they are a treat to have once in awhile. It's not just the empty calories that I want to cut out, it's the fact that I get sweet cravings when I feel stressed at work. I am not letting the moment pass. I get up from my desk and go looking for something to eat immediately to get rid of the stress feelings. It's that whole stuffing the feelings thing that I used to do with wine.

Have a good weekend.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:34 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I got you Lyddie. What about therapy,or hypnosis? I also think there are books about how to retrain your brain. Sometimes willpower isn't enough. I just want to see you kick it because I think it really bothers you.

Any who, if I told you what I ate yesterday you would feel So much better about yourself. I just can't acknowledge it and putting it on paper would do just that! Talk about a sugar binge!

Maybe we should all just eat grapes, They are sweet and wine is made from them! Kill 2 birds with 1 stone! If only it were that easy! LOL

So X has DD from 6am to 3pm today. I was really desperate for the break. I start school next Saturday, so this will be my only Sat for a while.

I slept in until 9:30! I got 9 1/2hrs of sleep! I miss sleeping in. I will probably take my dogs for a drive and clean up. I really just want to lay in bed and watch tv but I don't think my brain will let me.

Oh I forgot to tell you why I ate so many sweets yesterday...I had serious cravings for alcohol. I usually have thoughts not cravings. Yesterday was challenging. I have a little guilt over the sweets but would of been devastated had I drank. Small price to pay in my opinion. I think the beautiful weather and my hormones were wreaking havoc on my mind.

So, I need to get moving. Have a wonderful day/morning all.

DAY 96
Old 02-12-2011, 11:33 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Grapes are good. I do like them.

It is a beautiful day and I am feeling very lazy. I exercised at the beach early this morning but have sat on the couch watching tv since I got home. Trying to motivate myself to take a shower and get a couple of errands done.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:41 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Administrator

90odd days can be a bit challenging cravingswise Beth - glad you're getting through it

D
Old 02-12-2011, 03:48 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Lyddie I love sitting on the couch and watching tv. Heaven!!

Thanks Dee, I ain't going there!
Old 02-13-2011, 07:19 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Headed to the Beach for sure today! Later

DAY 97
Old 02-13-2011, 06:26 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
HFA

It made it up to 46F here today, ALMOST beach weather....

I cleaned 95% of my apt today. 4hrs cleaning. And I did it all with no beer. Cleaning has been a struggle for me since being sober. Hell, honestly I didnt do it before, it just didnt bother me. Hope everyone had a good day.

231 days or 32 weeks