Notices

June 2010 Sobriety Group Pt 5

Old 02-06-2011, 06:04 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

p.s. I watched the movie "Extract" last night. If you want a light hearted, good comedy to watch, it's a good one. Ben Affleck is in it and it's from the same guy who wrote "Office Space."
Old 02-06-2011, 06:24 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Change of plans... going to the gym with my daughter later and skipping yoga this morning. I forgot that Sunday is our "gym day." This will allow me to have some coffee and make the schedule for the week this morning and get to the grocery store earlier.

I just took my dog out for a walk. It is SUCH a gorgeous day!! The sky is blue, the air is fresh, it's not very cold out at all and the snow is melting. I cannot imagine being hungover on this beautiful Sunday. I'm so on the right track. I must keep this up.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:10 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Congratulations Beth! 90 days is a big milestone. You have worked very hard to get to this point. I am so proud of you. I was very impressed when you found the strength to come back to SR and start over after just one week of drinking. Many people (including me) would have stayed out - as they say - much longer before finding the courage to come back. I hope you find a moment today to rejoice in your accomplishment.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:31 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Wow I passed out at like 9pm. I woke up at like 1am with my laptop still in my bed and tv on. Guess I was really tired. It's a good thing cause DD was up and ready to go at 5:45am.

Thanks for the well wishes

I think we are going to go the beach today. It's going to be 76 and it seems appropriate. I always feel good when we go. I have to wait for her to take nap though and there is no telling when that will be. So we will see

TJ, I had a weird dream last night too. I dreamed the dinosaurs were back on earth and you could only go in designated places. I went into labor outside and had a baby that was "House" the Tv doctor's. My whole dream was spent trying to find a safe place for my baby and I. It was exhausting and scary. It was BIZARRO! I always have vivid dreams.

So I feel pretty good today.

Oh great I was just watching the news and now 'WildFires' in Western Australia! WTH? I swear enough already!

Have a great day you all!

DAY 90 -`WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Old 02-06-2011, 07:43 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

WOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!! Yeah, Beth. 90!!!

I have vivid dreams, too. Funny we both dreamed we had a baby last night. I think it's the "Mom" inside of us trying to be maternal all the time. My baby in my dream was really cute but all she wanted to do was cuddle next to me and I had to carry her around everywhere. Not unlike my daughter when she was a baby
Old 02-06-2011, 08:46 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 90 Beth! I agree with Lyddie, you did so well to come back after just one week. I'm not sure I would have managed that, the last time I went back out it took me ten years to come back......what a waste. Anyway great work!
Old 02-06-2011, 09:41 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I think the reason I came back so fast is because I have a baby to think of and care for. If It was just me I would probably never have come in the first place. Honestly, she saved my life. Thank you though it was really tough going this last go. I pray everyday that is all behind me

Oh and HFA this is for you (I saw it in the smiley section and thought of you!) LOL

I just made french toast and bacon! Ha the breakfast of champions

DAY 90
Old 02-06-2011, 12:02 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I'm very upbeat today myself. Just finished the weekly grocery shopping, which is always a pleasure to get out of the way. Trying to take a positive approach to my chores and responsibilities instead of a negative one. I'm lucky to be able to afford those groceries. Some people cannot. I stocked up on healthy non-alcoholic beverages and lots of yummy foods. I even got myself some pink and red carnations (they were cheaper than roses) to get in the mood for Valentine's Day. My kids love all the holidays and I try to get into the spirit of each one as well.

So my au pair will watch the boys this afternoon so I can go to the gym with my daughter. Then I plan to have a "Super Bowl Party" with my kids at home. What's very exciting for me is to re-define the word "party" to mean food and non-alcoholic drinks as opposed to a big old bottle of "cheer." It's a challenge, but it must be done. It can be done! Nothing wrong with a big glass of cranberry juice on ice or grape juice on ice. YUM!!
Old 02-06-2011, 12:38 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations again Beth - have a good day all

D
Old 02-06-2011, 12:41 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hey Laura we must be in sync today! I just got back from grocery store. I love going grocery shopping on a budget. It's like a game to me. So for the next 3 days this is what I got for 63.00 and only 1 3.00 off coupon.

3 pounds of Oxtails (I braise them)
A chuck roast (pot roast)
A huge sirloin steak (beef stroganoff)
2 whole chickens
2 cans of whole peeled tomatoes
1 pound of shallots
1 pound of petite red potatoes
Celery
carrots
strawberries
bananas
1 big can baked beans
wheat bread
Peas
deodorant

Total- 63.00

This is 5 dinners!

We have tons of frozen food and pasta and milk and baby food stuff already. I thought I did pretty dang good. Had X gone he would of easily spent 400.00. I swear he does every time he goes to the store.

Sorry I am a little bored DD has been napping for 2 hours now.

Life is good
Old 02-06-2011, 07:02 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

You know you need a life when you post your grocery list. Lol!

So I had a really good day. We never made it to the beach but had a good time playing in and outside.

I am not even watching the Superbowl, it brings back to many drinking memories.

Thanks again for all of your support. I know It's only been 3 months but it's a good start.
I can't wait till I don't even remember how long it's been. Lol!

Have a good night/day and tomorrow

DAY 90- Completed
Old 02-07-2011, 06:14 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Good Monday morning and it's back to work for me. Wonder how many people will call in sick to work today due to post Super Bowl hangovers? Although I would love another day off to complete the house cleaning that I started on Saturday, I am so very glad that I am not feeling sick due to too much Super Bowl partying.

Beth - I love seeing other people's grocery lists. It helps me think of other meals I could fix - I get too stuck in the same set of 5 or 6 dinners that are easily fixed for one person by one person who is feeling extremely grumpy and tired after work.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:02 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Good Morning, I am a little grumpy tired today but hoping it will burn off in a couple of hours after I have my coffee. It is nice to not have to worry about hangovers anymore. They SUCK! Lol

Lyddie if you ever need a new easy recipe just ask. I got tons of easy ones. I really love to cook. It relaxes me. My X says I look like the Tazmainian Devil when I cook. I am really fast. He has to leave the room. I clean everything when I am done, but usually not as I go. I find doing 10 things at once relaxing, weird.

Oh By the way I made appt for Fri at 10:45 for chiropractor! Finally!

Ok more coffee

DAY 91
Old 02-07-2011, 08:45 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hey all I had a very productive day. I have to take the cat to the vet tomorrow morning. I am then going to work out. It has been a while.

So has anyone talked to HFA?

Hey TJ I hope your hanging in there

Lyddie how is your sweets strike going?

Dee and Shoei have a good day, I mean evening

I need to unwind so talk to ya'll tomorrow

DAY 91
Old 02-08-2011, 05:21 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Good evening all,

I didn't do much today apart from the gym. I also do an English speaking test actually. Since I work tours of 3 weeks on and 3 weeks off I obviously am not working for six months of the year. I used to normally go away to a different country, Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore etc and just get sh1t faced and party but of course that has had to stop. So now I find myself at a bit of a loose end. So my cunning plan is to do two or three taxi shifts here a week on my breaks which will mean as well as earning some extra money I will not spend any for the days I'm working. Anyway I had to do an English speaking test today at the local college. I had to do it over the internet with an examiner in another city. Afterwards the lady who was looking after me at the college, checking my ID etc asked me if I thought I had passed? I looked at her kind of funny and thought is this lady taking the p1ss? I said "well I'll be extremely disapointed if I have failed!" I thought this lady can't be serious? It's English my one and only language! They were asking me questions like where do I live? How old am I? Do I have any brothers and sisters? I think I passed anyway, I'll look and feel a bit silly if I haven't. Tomorrow I have to do a practicle driving test early in the morning. That I'm a bit more worried about, it's been almost 25 years since I did my test. If I fail I can have another go so I should be OK. Then all of next week (my last week of break) I have to go to "taxi school" to do all the theory stuff which should be fine. So next break I will be a bona fide taxi driver. My other job pays very well and I don't need to do the taxi gig so my friends are thinking why on earth am I doing it but I think it makes perfect sense, it gets me out of myself, I can't spend money while working and I earn some extra so why not. It actually makes me feel good because almost 8 months ago this would have been impossible as I was always hammered on my breaks. It was something I thought about back then but dismissed out of hand as it was just too difficult. Right I had better go to bed and read my traffic signs book. Should be back here in about 12 hours with a result. Goodnight all.

Shoei.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:26 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Good Morning! My cat had a good check up so far, I am just waiting on blood test results to see if meds are working.

Shoei, I really think thats great! You can drive wasted people around. That should keep you sober for sure! Cab drivers make awesome money! Good Luck

Have a great day!

DAY 92
Old 02-08-2011, 10:37 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
HFA

Beth,
Sorry I missed your 90 days. Congrats on that!!!!!! Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts. I loved the workout gif. I am doing ok and, most importantly, I am still sober!! Just been busy as $#%#$. Sometimes tech work just sucks.
Not to get to friendly, but I have heard that messy cooks are great romantic partners too. Has to do with focusing on the task and letting go.

Glad everyone else is doing good too. Lets all keep chugging along. Ill try to post more often.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:45 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Thank God HFA! Had me a little worried for a second! HA! I like your analogy made me smile! Keep on keeping on
Old 02-08-2011, 12:42 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Administrator

We need more good cabbies Shoei LOL. Good luck!

D
Old 02-08-2011, 07:20 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee, I passed, all good. It was actually quite easy compared with the driving test all those years ago. Back then I used to have a couple of beers right before the lesson to steady the nerves (didn't take much in those days). My instructor could smell it and ask how much I had had to drink to which I would answer just one with lunch (always booked my lessons just after lunch). But when it came to the test I though I can't have a drink as I don't know the examiner and if he/she smells it he/she will just throw me out of the car. So I didn't have a drink and I was a mess. Sweating and shaking all the way around. In fact my leg was shaking so much I had problems keeping it on the gas. Somehow I mangaed to pass but it was all very traumatic. In comparison today was simple and actually good fun. Right, off to the gym, hope everyone has a good day.

Shoei

Beth, I'm asking to do just day shifts. Although there is more traffic, it's hotter and you make a little less I'm not sure I'm ready (or ever will be) to drive pissed people around and all the grief that goes with that. My town is party town, full of back packers etc and I think all that would be too much for me.