Notices

August Sobriety 2009 Part 11

Old 11-18-2010, 01:55 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Ha, no doubt Zebra. Now if we just had a cousin Eddy..... And an Aunt Edna strapped to the roof we would be in business.

Well, you don't . . .

Yet
Old 11-18-2010, 05:52 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Meow

Originally Posted by bdiddy5522 View Post
For Thanksgiving? I would be willing to bet my holiday will be the most eventful out of everyone here. haha. My parents, two brothers and their wives, me and my wife, and all our kids (that is 8 adults and 6 kids all under age 8) are renting a large RV and driving from our town to Branson Missouri to go to Silver Dollar City for the nations largest Xmas light display, parades, and amusement parks. We leave Thursday morning and get back Sunday night. This will test all of our nerves and tolerance levels. haha. It has been my parents dream to take all of us there since they visited there a few years ago. So now it is going to happen. Pray for us.
Sounds like a riot. We've travelled with both sides of our family, successfully. lol

We're going to my uncle's. It will be small, just us, my parents, and my uncle's family. My one cousin is living in Nashville right now. We used to have a much, much larger gathering, but my oldest cousin died unexpectedly a year and 1/2 ago (he was only 32 ) and in the aftermath my uncle's family and my cousin's wife had a falling out so it's a lot smaller now. (We still see her and her kids, fortunately.)

ETA - I will be a deer widow from the day after Thanksgiving until the following Wednesday. That's deer season in PA (starts the Monday after Thanksgiving), and my husband and son are going this year.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:16 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good time bdiddy

and everyone

D
Old 11-18-2010, 08:01 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Classic Dee!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-19-2010, 06:45 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Ha, thanks Dee. Too bad we aren't going in a classic "woody" station wagon like that!

I hear you about dear season PC. I am going out this weekend. It starts this weekend for my area of the state. Tonight my wife and I are going to a local college formal fundraiser thing. So we will be out kind of late tonight, then up at 5 AM tomorrow for hunting. Then Saturday night we are having a bunch of friends over for "game night". Everyone bring their favorite game, leave the kids home, and just have some adult time. Then up early again Sunday for more hunting. I think by Sunday evening I will be so tired I will be sick. But I love busy weekends like this.

What is everyone else doing this weekend? Stay sober my friends.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:50 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

My oldest daughter turns 20 tomorrow so we are driving up to campus to take her and a bunch of her friends out to dinner. We've rented a room in a hotel that has a lot to do so the girls will be swimming and hot tubbing etc. while mom and dad probably fall asleep. We used to do this occasionally when she was young, she used to complain that since her birthday was in the late fall she could never have a pool party. It's nice that after 20 years she still wants to hang out with mom, dad and her sister (along with some girl friends) on her birthday. She has about a 1000 other options.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:27 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Thank God for the little blessings, Zebra. Have a great time with your family.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:09 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Zebra, my daughters birthday is in January, and we have celebrated hers much in the same way you are celebrating your daughters. It makes you feel good, as a parent, to know your children still want to spend time with you, when they are of an age where
they have many other options. My son will be home Sunday, and we are all looking forward to having some down time with him. Ususally, his girlfriend comes to visit when he does, which, is great. But, it involves getting another room ready, and having "company" too. She is going home to visit her family, and it will be just the four of us. I plan on taking some time off and hopefully, we will do something "fun".

Bdiddy, have you all played the dice game left,center,right?
Old 11-20-2010, 11:26 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

Hi again y'all... now I might be in on a more regular basis. I have graduated... sorta. Get free weekends though.

Happy belated, Brent.

Guess you're doing alright Z, your daughter wants to hang around you. Sure I didn't want to hang around my parents when I was twenty...

Hope everybody's doing good, I surely am.

Take care,
improvingbubba.
Old 11-20-2010, 01:22 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you TB, come back when you can.
Old 11-21-2010, 01:26 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Anew, no I have not played that game. What is it? Have fun with your son.

Welcome back again TB. Post as much as you can, when you can.

Weekend is winding down and it was a busy one. Our daughter will be home in a couple hours from spending the weekend at my wife's parents. I went deer hunting all day Saturday and didn't get a deer. I will probably go out again sometime and try again in a week or so. It was absolutely FREEZING out there hunting. With the wind chill it was -4 and I was sitting out on a pile of rocks in the middle of a field. My hands, toes, and face went completely numb. I am thinking it would be easier and cheaper to just buy some beef. haha. But then i would miss all the "fun".

Have a good one everyone.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:19 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

(((TB))) great to see you here and to hear of your progress!

Bdiddy, it is a dice game that you can play with chips, or quarters. Very simple, but, fun.
Yeah, don't miss that fun freezing your buns off, I would hate to know you would give that up just to go and buy some meat.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:31 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

I had my first meeting with my new sponsor today. We just had coffee and talked. I am very happy so far with my decision to choose him as a sponsor. We are a lot alike and I think this will be a good fit. Now onto step three..... wish me luck.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:36 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

I am glad to hear you are happy with your choice of sponsor.

On to step three, which should be easy as you are already working it!
Old 11-22-2010, 01:01 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Yes Anew, but according to my sponsor I need a pastor or someone like that to read the third step prayer to me and help me with it? That is how I understood it anyways. I told him I would probably use my youth pastor at our church as he knows about my alcoholism and leads our couples bible study every week and I am comfortable with him.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:21 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Everyone does it differently. I did mine with my sponsor.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:23 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Thanks. I will just follow his lead. He has 31 years sobriety, so he must know something. It almost feels like I am just now getting sober, even though I have over a year now. But I know I need to do this. The steps are there for a reason, and who am I to say I don't need them? I mean, if I could do this alone I wouldn't have been an alcoholic in the first place.

Have a great Tuesday everyone. Kind of feels like a Thursday. *****!!!!!
Old 11-23-2010, 09:39 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Bdiddy, you are doing the work, taking the actions to remain sober and to survive and thrive in sobriety.

As I just did step four, once more, this time it was different. The time leading up to and surrounding this step was an emotional roller coaster. As well it should have been, looking at my past actions and feelings while drinking were "toxic" to me.

I truly realize that while drinking they were things I felt, said or did while active. However, that isn't "ME", anymore.

How wonderfully freeing that is!
Old 11-24-2010, 09:51 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving my friends. We all have a lot to be thankful for. Enjoy your holiday with friends and family. I will be out of touch until next Monday as we leave on our family "Griswold" trip early Thursday morning. If you are looking for something to pray for, I will take all I can get. haha. I am blessed to have such a great family that is willing to do something like this.

Gobble Gobble...... Brent
Old 11-24-2010, 12:31 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

bdiddy, I look forward to hearing about your family adventure.